I need some help remembering the name of a game, Holla Forums

I need some help remembering the name of a game, Holla Forums.

It's a first-person game where you explore a castle. I forget exactly how, but your main goal is to collect commands to give to a robot, which you program to get the key to the next level. Your only weapon was your ability to throw oranges. Also, it had a level editor.

Also games-you-need-help-remembering thread, I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runabout_(series)
youtube.com/watch?v=VmHORmTGmm0
youtube.com/watch?v=pJ28a-KPv60
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krazy_Ivan
youtube.com/watch?v=MSKpgfVTYtw
youtu.be/15bvpznQP5M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Was it an edutainment game?

It's possible. I played it at my grandmother's house, and I'm sure most of the games she had there came from my aunt, who was a teacher.

Might help if you could remember what system it was for.

Sorry, PC game. Windows 95 or 98.

A quick google search suggests Logic Quest 3D.

Well shit, thanks dude.

Are we doing one of these threads?!

Well there goes the night. Bring them on.

PS1 game where you could drive around a city with a variety of vehicles, most notably a tank. You could slam the tank onto another vehicle and it would send it flying. There was no goal or race, it was just a sandbox where you could wreck vehicles and public property. The music was a simple rock loop.

Hate asking for it so frequently, but it never gets guessed.

So not a racing game? Was it a vehicular combat one, or just "smash/run over anything and everything?"

Also, by no goal, do you mean there wasn't even a mission set up to it or anything?

No goal, no mission, no race, no enemies, if my memory doesn't fail me. I think you'd get points for doing damage, but that's about it.

Carmegeddon? PS1 port

I have a few more games to run by you to see if it jogs your memory.

Rogue Trip: Vacation 2012
Grudge Warriors

Fighting game with huge robots which look like triangles.

Nope… but thanks for trying. I should stop asking about that game, it probably wasn't that good.

Do you have ANY other details? Literally anything at all would be useful.

It was on the playstation 1. You drove a tank but there was an assortment of vehicles. It was free-roam around a city.

How did you select the vehicles? Was it at a menu? What kind of city? Modern like Driver? or blown up? Or futuristic?

Don't quit on me, last thread I tracked down a japanese import arcade game in australia that never left japan for a guy.

WE CAN DO THIS

Yes, you selected the vehicles through a menu before starting the game. There was one or more normal cars, a motorcycle and the tank. Regular, present day city. Thanks for the effort, user.

I'm thinking
Rise of the Robots (SNES)
Zero Divide (PS1)
and maybe…
War of the Monsters (PS2)

Was it 3D? first person driving? top down 2D?

Could you get in or out of your vehicle?

Was this free roam the primary way of interacting or was there other "modes"? Like a racing mode or something.

Did the vehicles look like normal vehicles or had shit strapped to them or stuff?

Did you own or play this game fully? Or was it a demo or were just passing by or something?

I just have to ask, are you absolutely sure it was on the playstation 1? (this is a big one in these threads, I'd say a good 50% of request misremember what system it was on)

3D, blocky PS1 graphics. Third person view, like most racing games. You couldn't get in and out of the car. I don't know if there were modes, I played it as a kid very long ago. I have no idea how I came by this game. Vehicles seemed normal. I am fairly sure it was for PS1, but if I'm severely mistaken, it could be for PS2, but nothing else.

I am pretty sure it was a series called Runabout
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runabout_(series)

crowdfunded (kickstarter?) management game not yet released about a company dealing with supernatural phenomenons. The company captures and then studies various creatures which can escape and brutally murder your staff. It looked like it was made by japs

Looks a lot like it, but I can't tell if it is by footage. I'll download the rom and see for myself. Thanks again, user.

MachiaVillain?

Sorry, but no. It's about a company, as in a corporation, where you have employees which you send to study various monsters in holding cells, but you don't know what the monsters do yet, so they can use the opportunity to escape and wreak havoc. It had plenty of drawn gore, and I recall that if your employees saw too much vile shit, hey went insane and could commit suicide, or go psycho and shoot at everything and everyone. There was stuff like possessions, etc.

top down or menu based? Sounds really cool though.

it was from the side, if that makes sense. You could see multiple floors at once

This could be it if I remember it badly, but it doesn't seem to match up. I played Runabout 1 and 2 and neither had tanks unlocked from the start, I'm pretty sure that game did. I also remember a track from the game and didn't find it in the soundtracks. This was the closest anyone got, so you have my respect.

Do you have the name of the track?

Nope, I just remember it in my head.

Were you playing the port? Felony 11–79

Yeah, I played Felony 11-79 and Runabout 2

SHIT NIGGER it's Runabout 3. Fuck, I should've checked it. Thanks a ton, mate.

lol, I was going to say. We hit so many specific things, I was going to be extremely surprised if it was of a different series.

youtube.com/watch?v=VmHORmTGmm0

That's it! Thanks user

If eat least half the shit in that trailer can happen in the final product, I'm on board.

There's a game I now only have faint memories of, but it's too similar to 6 million other games so I never figured out what fucking game it was, but fuck it heres some of what I remember, for shits and giggles:
PS1 mech game, similar to Mechwarrior 2.
Campaign (I think) starts you off in a really tiny mech, might've even been some sort of suit really, since I remember being tiny compared to enemy mechs, and enemy mechs being a big deal.
First level was a desert (I think, it was either beige or reddish, could've been desert or mars or what the fuck ever). Started off having you go and bully similarly sized tiny robots and shit, among big sand-dunes/hills, then at some point a big tall mech shows up and pushes my shit in. I think the starting weapons were some sort of machine gun and lockon missiles.
I only played the first level up to the big mech a few times, since it was my dad who had a PS1 and I only visited him every second weekend, and his girlfriend at the time took it when she left him and took all his music CDs and whatever she could grab. Was probably like 6 when I played it, so I barely remember shit other than little glimpses, and being scared of the big mech but interested since it was my second mech game ever.

I've checked out a shitload of gundam games, and a few other series' I can't remember right now because I've just drank half a bottle of rum.

So the view was from inside the cockpit?

I THINK so, that's one of the things I barely remember at all. Seeing as I was scared of the bigger mech, I'd assume it was cockpit view, because 3rd person views never scare me with size.

So not this, basically

Yeah I saw that, and it's so close. But there were hills to hide behind. I remember my 6~ year old self trying and failing to kite the big bully mech around hills and getting ruined because it flew over them. Oh, that's another clue, pretty sure the big "boss" mech could fly/hover.

I've been looking for this one games for years:
I played back in like 2001 in Russia and the title can be translated as "Prehistoric Wars" or "Prehistoric Warriors" or even "Prehistoric Warfare".

NES RTS with a little UFO that captures and converts enemy units?

I think it played ride of the valkries on loop.

pls hulp

youtube.com/watch?v=pJ28a-KPv60
This?

Same user here, ride of the valkries was the key.
Googled it,
its this youtube.com/watch?v=pJ28a-KPv60

When I played it as a kid I thought the graphics were amazing.
kids are dumb

Lol my thanks brotheranon.

I assume you found it by googling "NES RTS Ride of the valkyries".
So ends a struggle of years. It wasn't worth it.

There was this game for the Sega genesis where you played as this little robot dude and could get a really fun "bounce ball" power up. It was a side scroller.

Anyone have any ideas?

Jurassic War? 1997

Vectorman maybe?

Primitve Wars: Jurrasic Era
Found it through image search when I looked up Jurrasic War.
Thanks a lot, bruh.

Nah, played those back in the day. I believe this robot was red.

Front Mission Alternative?

Hah, that's awesome.

Was it a platformer or action/beat'em'up?

Platformer. It also had a more cartoony art style.

Pulseman?

I don't think so, gameplay was different, but holy shit that looks neat as fuck and I'll need to pick that game up.

I did think Vectorman was too well known, but it was worth a shot.

Did you walk around slowly or dash around?

Both I think, thought it took me a while before I realized there was a "fast" mode of transportation.

Nope, that's another good one though.

It's funny, I used to see copies of it everywhere when I was a kid but the older I get I wonder if it was more of an obscure title. Again, one of the main gimmicks was this hop ball looking thing.

Maybe this?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krazy_Ivan
youtube.com/watch?v=MSKpgfVTYtw

hop ball looking thing? Was it part of his design? Or something he held?

I think he was on it on the cover, but I believe it was a power up in the game. It's hard to say for sure. I only ever managed to get one copy as a kid and it wouldn't play past the first level so I ended up tossing it.

I'm going to throw this one in, in the off chance, but Dynamite Headdy?

Holy SHIT I think that might be it. I can't be sure, but that almost definitely looks like it. How the fuck did I forget such terrible acting? Thanks user, literally years I've been trying to figure out that rough memory from when I was a kid.

Fraid not but this is a Treasure game I didn't know about. Downloading the rom for it now.

Fantastic!

Could you tell me anything about the setting? Did your character have any other powers other than jumping? Also, how sure are you that it was a red robot and/or on the sega genesis?

Sega genesis was the only console I owned back in the day so I'm certain that was the console it was on, the first level sort of reminded me of a sonic stage. Had a green grasslands vibe going to it, and I'm pretty sure it was a little red robot you played as but I may be wrong. I'd say I'm 80% sure though.

Did you shoot anything or just navigate it? Also are you more sure about the robot part of the red part?

I don't remember any shooting, but I only got that one level of play. I'd say I was more sure of the red part.

We might be missing a vital detail here:
Are you from Germany? Just incase they changes people into robots ala Contra.

A reach, but maybe Cool Spot?

Also I have to ask just to be sure, but it wasn't a Knuckles (sonic) game was it?

This is a very good point.

Nah, America. Again, the art style was more cartoony and along the lines of Rocket Knight or Sonic. Perhaps it really was just some super small time vidya.

Nah, a the biggest thing I remember was this whole "bounce" mechanic with a hop ball looking thing. If the game doesn't have that it's a safe bet that it isn't the game.

This is going to sound strange, but could you do a picture of it in MS paint or something? Just a general idea what you mean.

Shot in the dark:
Plonk?

These threads are like 20 Questions except no one knows the answer.

wait I'm stupid, it was a SNES exclusive.

What? Every game has been found except the latest one being worked on.

Red the thread beofre shitposting, neeger.

If nobody can figure it out and the thread is still up I might do it tomorrow. though I'm hanging out with a friend so it might be a little later.

I'd do it now but I've been up all night and the heavy eye lids are starting to kick in.

Yeah, I'm afraid that's not it. Looks neat though.

I think I got it. Tin Head

You did it. I've been looking for this thing for years and no combination of keywords in google would bring anything up. I've wanted to play this for a very, very long time. Thank you user.

This is so much fun.

I vaguely remember this and might be wrong, but here goes…

SNES
It was a santa/christmas game. I believe it was a platformer, and at the end of the level there was a sequence where you would throw presents down into chimney pipes.
Pretty sure you could throw snowballs at enemies.

…I was GOING to post that. Then I jsut googled "Santa SNES game" and it was the first result. Daze before christmas, if you're wondering.

So Give google a shot first, faggots

thanks for being a legend

One Must Fall?
youtu.be/15bvpznQP5M

First thought that came to my mind was Ballz.

system?

This one.

Thanks for trying.

All right Holla Forums here is a request:
Ps1 jrpg
The beginning starts out in some kind of burning town
Full 3d
I cant remember much else

Legend of Legaia

Looks like it. Thanks user.