Exanima sui genesis

last thread 404'd and there were so many hilarious webms i forgot to save

Other urls found in this thread:

gamestorrent.co/exanima.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is that the isometric rpg game with the funky physics? Saw some gameplay footage, shit looks hard as balls.

Is it just me, or are the girls more agile? I do much MUCH better with my female character than any of the male characters I made. Probably just placebo, though. Unless it's tied to height, which I guess would make sense.

It's hard as fuck, yeah. The skill ceiling is ridiculously high and you can become a god if you are good enough though. I would honestly be far more comfortable with this game getting a competitive scene than shit like MOBAs.

You have to git gud to do much in this game, in most games you can at least do something even as a scrub but here you'll do jack shit unless you know what you're doing.

If they do add multiplayer it will be LAN or low latency only, which kinda limits it. Devs stated 50ms or lower, if I recall correctly.

This worth a torrent if I just want a fun dungeon crawler RPG with an interesting combat system?
Or is the RPG aspect just not there yet?

it's little more than a tech demo last I saw of it, whih by now is a couple of months ago

Anybody kept the the one where the guy runs away from the monster around a giant table?
Or the one where the guy faints and before he even gets back up he gets whack-a-mole'd?

If i wasnt so poor i would buy, but really what i want is the sequel

What better than drunken combat mixed with hilarious physics?
Letting people throw fireballs

I just cant fucking wait for the webms of people accidentally setting themselves ablaze

Torrent it, try it, then decide for yourself. The RPG aspect isn't there yet though there are skills.

Exanima is going to be a prelude and as far as I recall, linear. Sui Generis will be freeform and more of a dungeon crawler RPG.

exanima is still a dungeon crawler just not procedurally generated. the arena mode is boss though. can create your own controllable hirelings or hire on AI characters to enter into fights.

WAIT YOU CAN HIT PEOPLEā€¦

WITH LADDERS?!

nah you can get stuck in them i guess. you can hit them with a long metal bar or get in a fisticuff fight

Arena mode is strange. The late tiers are actually loads safer than the early tiers since everyone has armor to keep them from getting ripped apart by bladed weapons and once you're in Master tier everybody uses polearms. Fucking up is a lot less punishing when you're a walking tank and without shield niggers shitting things up, fights aren't just prolonged until you make a mistake.

No but you can drop them on them. I guess if you git real gud you could technically "handcuff" an ogre with a ladder, but that is extremely unlikely.

Most pro players in any game won't play above 50-60 ping to begin with.

I've had so much fun just going fists and holding W+Shift+LMB. If you have the weight advantage, you can essentially grab the other guy and knock them around like a toy.

Height/weight/muscle definitely effects gameplay. Not sure on the specifics, but going from max build male to min build female was a huge difference.

Finally starting to git gud at this game. Man I love this combat. Still feels like I'm drunk all the time, but at least I'm a drunk who knows how to kick ass, and plus my enemies are more wasted than I am.

Love how physics based everything is. Obviously the combat, where hitting an enemy in the head can be an instant kill depending on your weapon arc, movement speed, and theirs. Feels great dodging a hit while catching them in the skull with a hammer using their own momentum against them. Can't do it reliably yet, but feels good when it happens. But I also love how much you can interact with the environment, dragging chairs and benches to barricade doors or hold levers in a certain position, or laying them out across a hallway to build a tripping trap for enemies so you can beat them down when they're trying to get back up. Don't do that often though because about half the time I trip over my own trap and get permakilled.

It's not much an RPG yet, more a dungeon crawler with sweet combat. There's some minor skill progression, but it's not even close to complete yet.

There's also a cool little arena mode. You can compete in different types of matches, earn money to buy better gear, and build a roster of fighters that work for you.

Man, I got mad as fuck when webm related happened to me. Seeing it from another pair of eyes is pretty fucking funny, though.

I got the ogre one

and the one where I get slapped around by golems

Nice webms, saved.

That's looked pretty brutal.

Quite sure there is currently no strength/agility/etc dependent on body, but things such as weight of bodyparts (which increases with volume), form (smaller is harder to hit), and arm reach (height) definitely do.

Is it just me or this thread fucking broken right now? Only two posts will load.

8ch is dying out the ass for me. Keep getting 502/504 errors. This thread didn't even appear in the catalog for a while.

Reminder to throw your enemies onto the fucking ground. A downed enemy is a dead enemy.

I'm still trying to perfect takedowns. I think I have general idea of it, but still can't really see the exact cues for when to do it properly every time.

LET ME POST REEEEEEEEEEE FUCK YOUR FLOOD

Is there a reliable way to hit down with fists? I can kind of hit them as they get up if I crouch, but sometimes I straddle them to keep them down, but don't actually have a way to deal damage.

nigga what? can you see her naked?

JUST

that shit was way too expensive, wasn't it like 50 dollars or some shit?

Is this Sui Generis? I don't see it on Steam. This is a pretty pathetic trailer if that's what it is.

I'm really lost now.

Is this like an Isometric Dark Messiah?

There was some user who posted a guide on how to do exactly that in the last thread, but I don't have it. Fist fights just seem like "undercut and aim to the left while stepping forward" is all there is to it. Like that's 100% guaranteed to win every single time for me so far.

That's old (2+ years if I recall) footage, not a trailer just a devlog video.

Exanima is a linear prologue to Sui Generis which is mostly to test mechanics and act as a alpha, and to make money for development of SG.

I know what Exanima is. That doesn't explain why you're saying early access while posting Sui Generis or why the other user said $50.

I've got mine too, should cut out some of the fighting but I can't be arsed right now.

He wants no trabble!

protip: axes fucking suck. Basic swords are really the only decent bladed weapon as far as I'm concerned. If you're using one-handed, you should either be using a sword or a blunt weapon (i'm in love with the morning star). For two-handed, I'd say either the hammer or the mace is the best. The magic two-handed sword you can get is the exception, though.

Yeah, after a while I noticed, that was when I had pretty much no fucking idea what I was doing. My furthest playthrough was using a mace until I encountered the set of golems / ruin sentinels I couldn't trap.
Fuckers wouldn't leave me alone no matter where I went and I don't even know if they're killable.

so what's in the game right now?

gamestorrent.co/exanima.html about to try it out myself, hope this gets finished. Last time I heard about the game was a long time ago when it was really bare bones

ok, know im confused, which game is which?

The webm at is Sui Generis. The thread and everything else in the thread is about Exanima. Exanima is the early access cash-in the devs released so they could afford to keep making Sui Generis.

I'm still trying to figure out where the "50 dollars" came from, since Sui Generis is not for sale, Exanima costs 15 dollars, and there's not even a 50 dollar tier on the Sui Generis Kickstarter.

I got all excited watching those weebums and it turns out to be some early access shit.

Fuck.

i know that feel, i have some early access games in my wishlist.

So?

Most early access games dont get finished and its not a good feel to see an interesting game in early access because even if it does get finished you have to wait for what first seemed like a complete game.

See
Be concerned about Sui Generis being finished, not this. This is literally just something to keep occupied with until SG comes along.

The only thing i didnt really like about exanima is the movement, your movement should be relative to the camera postition and not the mouse position

It's relative to where your character is facing.

are those bloomers?

Will controllers be supported eventually? I don't any reason why it wouldn't work for the combat. Environment interaction might be a problem though.

Here's a hint: hold the spacebar

It's a PC game actually made for PC. None of the UI or environment interaction would work.

Do you really do that? I tried that and it instantly just made me sick with all the spinning I do in combat.

Exanima isn't early access, it's more like a demo of Sui Generis. And it's already got enough content to be worth 15 bucks.

It feels weird at first but once you get it down you can see why they did it that way. Normal mode just has tank controls, where the movement is relative to the direction your character is facing. Combat mode, it's relevant to your mouse position so you can keep the cursor on your enemy and move relative to them, instead of having to adjust your camera all the time to accurately sidestep or lunge.

Thats my problem user
$15 for you is equivalent to $20 for me
Its honestly not worth it
I'm waiting for a sale

Good idea. I pirated it but went back and paid later. The devs earned the money from this kickass combat system alone, and I really wanna see what the full game is gonna be like.

Maybe they'll work a reason into the lore for everyone to be stumbling drunk all the time.

See

I can't imagine actually waiting until I can afford games to play them. I wouldn't have been able to play even 10% of the games I have played throughout my life if I actually waited to buy them. Just pirate it nigger.

this game is fan-fucking-tastic, been playing it every day since the last thread introduced me to it

How do you heal in arena ?

You heal a little after every fight. Swap out to another fighter for a few fights until your hurt one is back to full health.

Unless you mean practice, in which case you don't.

Do I need to git gud to start the real game?

Git gud by starting it. Starting as knight gives you a massive buffer for fuck ups since you start with full plate armor.

Nah, just don't get too attached to your first few characters.

Check the controls and read the quick start guide.

There's a linear dungeon crawler. You can start with 4 different characters. One a knight, with a mace and heavy armor. One proctor, with some chain armor and a sword. And two completely unequipped classes so you have to scavenge everything.

You start out fighting armed zombies in dark tunnels, and it gets crazier from there. There's hints at a plotline. Death is permanent. Blunt weapons will likely knock you out first, but sharp ones will kill you. Blunt ones will kill you if they hit your head or just beat your ass.

There's also an arena mode. Make a character and fight in various sorts of matches. Earn money, buy better gear as you increase your rank. Gear is rank limited. Plate armor for masters, little cleavers and hammers for the inept.

It's not even close to a full game, but it's a tasty sample. Not that much to do but the combat never gets old.

He's forgetting the important parts of the Knight only starting with like one skill, whereas the less-armored proctor starts out the most skilled out of them all. I think the other 2 have no skills at first, but I don't know.

Also it's not permadeath. I think it used to be, but I wouldn't know since I didn't play then. There are checkpoints, but it doesn't tell you when you've reached a checkpoint, so I have no idea when they are or how often they are. I just know that I've started at the beginning of level 4 after dying MANY times.

What am I doing wrong in the Arena? I buy equipment but never get to use it.

Go to the manage screen from the poster and actually equip it for the tier you are doing.

Fuck I feel stupid. Thanks.

Am I the only one who has some bug in arena when buying items, sometimes they don't appear in arsenal, but the coins get spend anyway ?

Nvm I restarted and they were there.

I've spent some more time with this and have a pretty good idea of how it works. I can clear the expert practice arena consistently and played through a portion of the "story mode".

I feel the movement system, with the way it couples direction with the cursor, is incredibly cumbersome. Out of combat movement is also very loose and imprecise.I would prefer that the game supports screen based orientation and controllers so I can have a controller in my left hand and mouse on the right.

Combat is unlike anything I've played before and was fun to learn. Landing a solid headshot with a sledgehammer is always satisfying.

The story mode is pretty boring, unfortunately. In short, I'd call it a medieval ice skating simulator and pixel hunting game with occasional combat. There's not much action to be had and skating around dark empty corridors gets old.

stop it boner

Yes.

From what I can see this is just a tech demo to placate people interested in another game which, judging by the website and videos on the official channel, has shown virtually no signs of development over the past two years.

I'm also seeing a lot of steam reviews complaining that the control system and button mapping make no sense.

Pretty much. Except for the control system part. I don't really see how to make it much better honestly.

I hope they don't give a "phantom pain".

Actually yeah, the way left-hand swings work is clunky as fuck and there's zero feedback to let you know you even have the mouse in the right spot to be able to do it. I don't even use left-hand strikes because of this.

OP really needs to include an explanation on SG and Exanima if he wants to keep a thread up.

Exanima is an alpha/beta for SG masqueraded as a prologue. All the systems in Exanima will go straight into SG. SG has not has any development because SG is Exanima 2.0 and Exanima is SG 0.5.

People need to git gud.

how do you do a downwards strike?

Double click and hold.

thanks. What's the blue bar for?

Mana for magic, which isn't in yet. Also look at the quickstart guide in the controls menu.

sold