——————

Join our Mumble server for nightly Squid Squad voicechat:

wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Main_Page

8v.servers.moe or 8ch.servers.moe - Port: 64738 - "Vidya General" -> "Splatoon"

Post your Nintendo Network ID here for extra fun times:

>>>/smek/4

——————

PREVIOUS SPLATFEST RESULTS:

Worldwide Splatfest: Fancy Party VS Costume Party (Fancy Party wins in both popularity and wins)

OTHER NEWS~

First anniversary was a success, here's hoping for another year of Squidfights!

In-Game Screen Shot Tutorial:

Previous Thread:>>9476453

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/MegaMew_
mynintendonews.com/2016/06/03/splatoons-next-update-goes-live-next-week/
cdn02.nintendo-europe.com/media/downloads/games_8/wiiu_splatoon_1/WiiU_Splatoon_Patch280_enGB.pdf
mega.nz/#!GkthCbRC!NgdXs2Z6jdVGXJSV1ttWRbCaWobxUJdTYodCTUQrZpU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I still wanna fuck a squid.

And I want to be fucked by an octopus

THIS JUST IN!!!

OCTOLINGS SUCK MASSIVE COCK

MORE NEWS AT 11 BOB

Octolings are superior

Squids are not for this

cuckchanners get out

Squiffer can eat those hydras if he's good, and the meme machine's super with an ssjr has better turf coverage than the entire blue team combined (have you ever tried to turf war on hydra? Sure, splatzones is less area so not as bad, but it's still a weapon designed for tc/rm not sz/tw).

Flounder does give the ground-holding advantage to Bravo, but there's so many ways to outflank on Flounder, it's Alpha's game to lose imo.

It's been over a year, when are you going to get that game user?

There hasn't been any new octoling pictures for a while either

Anniversary badges are now out in at least North America, so you can get Splatoon Nikki, Ashley, and the Arcade Bunny along with Splatfest theme ones, as well.

When I can stop being a poor 3rd worlder neet and get a permanent job instead of part time to part time jobs every few months if I'm lucky.

We will always be here user

I am a 3rd worlder too, I can at least relate vidya is expensive

Thanks user

m a 3rd worlder too, I can at least relate vidya is expensive

Yes it is

fucking weirdo

Thanks, pedos

Bump

Wow. What a community.

Overwatch has taken most of the team-based shooter fanatics. It's no surprise that Splatoon slows down as a result.

What is his name?

RepeatingDigits I think.

Try it at night.
Like right now.

He doesn't use a microphone.

If you spent more than eight seconds in the Mumble, you'd see that.

I'd give it to Alpha if the charger were a Splat Charger or an E-Shiter, but as it stands, I think Bravo has this 8/10. Two Hydras to draw Alpha's attention and two short-range, low time-to-kill weapons, both with inkzookas. Alpha could win if the Junior can get off a lot of bubblers quickly, but Bravo has its own bubblers in response.

But Bravo doesn't need to ink the entire ground. I don't mean that it's SZ instead of TW; I mean that they just need to get it all 30-50% inked, so that Alpha can't maneuver easily. A Hydra in a high place can maintain that much coverage over a large part of the map, just by pointing to the horizon and spraying-and-praying. Then there are two other that can fill in the gaps where necessary.

Newest revelation on the hacking front.

why squiddo is paper

Liposuction out all the Kid in order to make more Squid.

twitter.com/MegaMew_

Dynabrush - Just what I always wanted.

God is dead.

Like, one of us plays Overwatch.

Prepare to be NNID Banned, squiddo.

WOOMY SWAG

mynintendonews.com/2016/06/03/splatoons-next-update-goes-live-next-week/

Wonder whats getting nerfed and buffed

I can only hope for a Dynamo Roller turning speed nerf and for chargers not to be affected by damage up

–> The Range Blaster (Necro long blaster according to GT) has the set of Burst Bombs/Killer Wail. Okay let’s ignore what I said this is somewhat interesting for TC. However, I feel like the custom range’s set would probably be better for splat zones and rainmaker. Then again the burst bombs could make this weapon do a lot of work, as we’ve seen with the Bamboozler Mk.III and the Slosher to a lesser extent.

–> The two chargers (”spline” charger & scoped “spline” charger, thanks GT) have Splash Wall/Echolocator. …Okay I’m having trouble thinking of a worse set for this. Splash walls aren’t doing anything for a weapon that has troubles in direct fire fights. (damage up abuse aside) and the Echolocator is something the E-liter 3K already does with more range and a far more useful sub.

–> The N-Zap (N-Zap 83′, don’t even need to translate) has Point Sensors/Kraken. I swear we already have this weapon, and it’s called the Neo Sploosh-o-Matic. I really don’t see what this has over the other two N-Zaps to be honest, or the Neo Sploosh. Accuracy I guess?

–> CoroCoro Splat Roller (It’s been known for a while now but I’m giving my two cents on this) This quirky-looking roller has a set of Splash walls/Inkzooka. That’s an… uh… interesting loadout. I have a feeling that splash wall won’t be very good on a roller with mid/poor range, so I have trouble seeing this as anything more than a niche weapon. Especially when it has to compete with the carbon roller, which is almost always a fight you don’t want to get into.

I’ll update this later with the other four weapons (The H-3 Nozzlenose, the Heavy Splatling, the Sploosh-O-Matic, and the Aerospray) once they have their loadouts revealed. (which might not be for a few more days, given how the weapons in vol. 1 were leaked.)

*edit*

Okay decided to take a gander at the patch translations, here’s what I could get out of it:
–> Refurbished mini-splatling and the normal luna blaster now have light special depletion. Glad to see the refurbished now has the same depletion rate as the normal splattershot. Don’t know why luna got it though, it’s still prefectly legit in TC.
–> Zink Mini Splatling now has Heavy special depletion. …FINALLY. These things are stupidly effective and I’m really glad these are moving into heavy so I don’t have to deal with as many bubbles as they are able to put out currently.
–> Rapid blasters & Pro Rapid Blasters now walk faster when firing. uh… yay? I think the pros are now more accurate when you are jumping as well, which is something to celebrate if you are a rare user of those.
–> Something about the aerospray bullet spread when jumping? GT messed up a lot on this one.
–> I THINK all 4 nozzlenoses do more damage to the rainmaker shield? It was some really long word that GT freaked out over so I’m assuming it’s the rainmaker shield.
–>Sloshing machines now walk faster when firing as well. As I said with the rapid blasters, uh… yay?
–>Something that GT translated as, and I quote, “If you pretend attack in a row, was in the ink is painted a candle.“ …Apparently this is something with the inkbrushes but good luck trying to translate what exactly it is. Something with multiple swings?
–> Ink mines I think have a shorter “fuse” before they explode? GT was in full drunk mode at this point but that sounds like a change they desperately need.
–> Apparently when you stealth jump you can’t actually “attack” until you fully land. … Whelp RIP all of my tower control strats. Then again considering what people do with stealth jump on TC… necessary casualty for the greater good.
–> Seems like the CoroCoro hat & hoodie are the only new pieces of clothing being added, sadly.
–> YET ANOTHER attempt to fix the tree glitch on Arowana Mall. I swear it’s starting to become the “herobrine removed” of splatoon updates. :p
–>Bluefin depo, Camp triggerfish, and Piranha Pit have all had some bugfixes but I’m not sure what exactly they are about.

Source: SplatoonJP twitter and google translate

To must squiddu speaking no Honorable calamari being yourself do so immediately.

?

Now thats my kind of fucking gun.

what the fuck am i posting

Does the nzap have more range than the sploosh? I know acc is better, but…

Oh, if only the forge sspro had something other than the inkzooka. I'd even fucking take the first and only sensor rush over that thing. Sspro does not pair with the inkzooka well, they have roughly the same range- think the zooka might even be shorter- and I've always accomplished what I needed it for within the first 3 shots.

Of course, imo the inkzooka doesn't pair with anything well since it isn't cancellable, and as an octobrush main, it makes you hilariously easy to flank and punish on most maps. So please, use that zooka. Make my life easier.

I'm never fucking doing this shit ever again. From now on, I'm setting a hard time limit

Nigga, squad with us for one session and you might even get to A-.

Rank doesnt really mean anything, its your real skill that counts.

That guy is still idling. Does he not have a life?

cdn02.nintendo-europe.com/media/downloads/games_8/wiiu_splatoon_1/WiiU_Splatoon_Patch280_enGB.pdf

THEY BUFFED THE LUNA BLASTER

BUT NERFED STEALTH JUMP

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Blaster comes with Burst bombs and Killer wail

Poor skill.

The luna blaster special reduction is on the original luna blaster and nobody uses that anymore

Why?

Finally it's useful now?

ink mines would only be useful if they caught you and you trapped in place until they go off.

you can just swim past them and it'll go off

neat
I know I'm the only one who likes that thing but it'll be interesting to see how viable it is now.

I AM ALREADY HARD!

So, an echolocator?

And the n-zap has way more range than the sploosh.

There's your problem, dumbass. You can't play games while you're hungry, sleepy, and/or needing to piss.

Might I recommend hard-boiled eggs? I say that mostly because I could totally go for some hard-boiled eggs right now.

If he's gonna eat something with eggs, he may as well make a nice French Toast breakfast.

Then again, I'm also craving French Toast, so I blame my sweet tooth

That'd be the most unfun thing in the history of unfun things.

life is suffering

I'm in the mumble if anyone wants to join me.

We have 5, one more for privates

OCTOLINGS ARE SUPERIOR

At least until the next great one-on-one battle

superior at absorbing human semen maybe

THE 0 TO 50 MAN HAS RETURNED

HE GOT A NEW GAME DISC

Rich guy

Nah, a fuckin' sensor rush. Intentionally weker echolocator. The zooka on an sspro is that fuckin' out of place.

I fucking hate this game AND the one guy idling in the mumble. How the fuck do you even have that much free time? What an autismal motherfucker.

1v1 me

Euro Splatfest confirmed, traveling the word vs fucking outer space

Spacefags you better win, for squidmanity and for Marie.

Space is the place

As a calliefag, even I have to admit no one will choose traveling the world over space.

Mah sqiugga

These feels, god damn. I hate how things turned out.

someday

We have to be strong user

Wait if we go into space wont we have to find the Golden disc we sent out for other aliens to find

Good luck finding any kind of livable planet whatsoever, idiots. Callie has superior taste, as usual.

You have a point there since scaling a 8000m mountain or traveling across Antarctica is also a very exciting and dangerous adventure.

Oh man cant wait to discover more flooded land due to all the Global warming man cant wait.

Oh boy I can't wait to fight the leviathan

We can't even chart the depths of your mom's snatch and you expect us to finish charting the world?

Anti-spacefags truly are a blight on the world.

You're really reaching with this post, squiddo.

Maybe you should reach for the stars, instead.

Kill yourself, you fucking retard. You desire the genocide of humanity.

Isn’t real.

I bet he thinks the earth is flat

Then how did the Squids become supreme species then :^)

Spacefags confirmed to be the sourest baddies who ever picked up a gamepad. The whole reason anyone would go to space is to discover planets like earth, but earth isn't good enough for you?

Oh boy I can't wait to discover some fucking microbes that eat nitrogen in Alpha Centauri. Really set the world on fire, that would.

You are weighed down by gravity

What a plebeian existence

Earth isn't Jupiter so no.

Char was right

Your soul is weighed down by something known as gravity. You earthnoids will never be truly free.

WE'LL DROP AN ASTEROID ON EARTH AND MAKE THE FEDERATION PAY FOR IT

MAKE SPACE GREAT AGAIN

I know right, there are still new and exciting nigger diseases that haven't infected the rest of the world yet.

Is this an excuse to post MAGA hat animu pictures?

No

KERO ITS SEKRET CLuB TYME

RAINMAKER WITH URCHIN UNDERPASS AND AROWANA MALL, FUCK YEAH

FOUR HOURS OF GREATNESS BAYYY BEEE

you know you're all just going to stay inside all day, right?

More.

A man can dream, we wouldn't be playing this game if we are fit enough to explore the world

Yah know user

You're pretty much right.

If I could go explore space I would have. And my stupid browser double clicked when I was checking this image exited me off of my browser.

Thread theme

Inside a space fairing vessel, you faggot.

Look at how far we've come

AHAHAHAHHAHA

I pity delusional spacefags.

Except the Rockies have already been explored. There is barely any place on Earth that hasn't been explored.

Meanwhile there are mountains on the Moon, Mars, and other bodies in this Solar System alone that have yet to be trekked.

Here's the song I like for explorers of the world

The lore says global warming, the squids are known to use random shit they salvage from archives of the internet….

Don't you get it? They don't actually know what happened, so they slapped a random, semi-plausible thing they read on the net at it to explain it and called it good. They don't care enough to figure it out, as all they really care about is fun and freshness.

Nay, mankind reaches for thestars because of our desire to fuck them. We know we can't actually have sex with them, but we might find something we can.

On a more serious note, genetic engineering and teraforming are the keys to godhood. We're dabbling in the former, but Earth has little need for advanced levels for the latter.

Why would you deny yourself divinity solely so you can chart the bottom of a fucking trench?

My soul weights so much because Lalah's ass is in my lap.

Nips are horrifying to come across in multiplayer, goddamn

I invited a Japanese friend to our private match this evening at 930 EST. I called him a filthy S+ Cuttlecapfag Jap - so he'll definitely show up to defend his honor.

What is 930 EST in GMT user?

Add five hours. Since he says it's in the evening, that means 02:30 GMT.

Oh. so 23:30 for me, I'm GMT -3.
Also post yfw splatoon broke 6 million copies sold.

Never forget the 6.5 million squids

post yfw Splatoon is the first movie Nintendo is working on

Get in mumble right around now.
C'mon, give it a try when, y'know, we're actually online

M U M ß L E
   T I M E

YESH

Holy shit. Hope this means we get more Splatoon-tier games from nintendo without Miyamoto trying to shove shit into it.

JAPANESE SQUIDDU CLAN SLAUGHTERED

Not being let back in the room for three matchs in a row.

Sorry ;3;

Splatoon EDF crossover when?

NEW EU SPLATFEST
So do you wanna get enriched with culture and travel around the world
OR
Travel to mother fucking SPACE

Check the thread squiddo

Second half on pixiv yet to be translated.

shit

Don't sweat it m80

Mumssle?

we havent even officially explored inner earth yet

I can’t wait for liberals to kill themselves en masse in November.

BUILD THE REEF

And this is one the console with between 12.8 million sales worldwide (as of March 31st).

Nearly half of that owns Splatoon.

For comparison, Mario Kart 8 was released at the end of May 2014 and has sold 7.5 million (as of March 31st).

So can the new squids on the block catch up with the karts?

Despite not being present at all times due to high levels of DC, today was a good day.

SPACE MASTER RACE

EARTHLINGS SUCK DICK

I'd have to agree with you, the art bothers me as well

PLUS ULTRA BUMP!!

post more squits please

You got it chief

I have never even played the game. I'm just here for the squits

Get in mumble, you friendless losers

Why does my job peak on weekends?

I haven't been to a Splatfest since Autobots v Decepticons.

You're not missing much. It's just ranked turf war, bu with regional servers. Sometimes it doesn't even have that.

artists get out

I still like the atmosphere. It feels more like a party.

I fucking hate snipers.

Yeah, I bet you would shoot that woomy up full of ink

snipers are worse than jews

I went for a fucking right for four hours straight. I need a fucking break

No one ever expects the 200% aggro at the beginning of the match.

Best feeling.

It really is a great feeling

And here I thought bouncing between A+ to A multiple times because of poor teammates was frustrating.

I'll tell you what I told another user earlier friend, there are fewer feelings of pain and anger than dropping out of S to A+ with the exception of S+ to S, apparently

Whose in the mumble?

Me

SHELDON'S PICKS VOL.2 DETAILS ARE OUT!!

FIRST ON THE LINE IS THE CORO-CORO ROLLER SPORTING SPLASH WALL FOR SUBS AND INKZOOKA

We already know all this shit, m8

BUT WAIT THERES MORE!

COMING WITH THAT IS THE SPECIAL ABXY GATLING

Comes with Sprinkler and Killer wail

THE NEW AERYOSPRAY PG COULD ALSO BE DEADLY

Comes with Splat-bombs and Kraken

The Sploosh-o-matic 7

Not much is none just that the description hints is a jack of all trades

"The Sploosh-o-matic 7 retains the stats of the original model while adding more strategic options. The short-range main has been bolstered by mid- and long-range sub and special weapons, allowing you to fight effectively at any distance."

AND THE FINAL WEAPON

THE SUPER SWEEET Cherry H-3 Nozzlenose.

Comes with Splash wall and bubbler

Also here's some more splatoon team strats

this just a marketing thread at this point you disgusting shills fuck off

Man I am way too rusty with this game.

Any splatoon news coming in E3 or is it ALL zelda?

You forgot the new N-Zap you stupid fuck.

N-Zap 83.

We already talked about the NZap previous thread.

We talked about ALL of the weapons in previous threads.

Big update and server maintenance tomorrow for Splatoon, stupid shit we already knew about and no one cares alongside Zelda at E3.

Glad I was proven wrong, game's really good.

Here's your (1)

why even take the bait

I can't help it.

How can I travel to Inkopolis so I can be with Marie forever?

cryo stasis

Just like mah nigga Judd?

Justice Bumpu

Bump.

Expand Burst Bomb

Nice trips, also I wouldn't expect anything less from nintendo, their attention to detail is amazing.

New weapons will also be dropping very soon today.

I myself love the cookie dunk noise when you fall into ink from high up

also I just realized, the background of this pic is the beta of Arowana Mall.

So the weapons are coming out soon.

NEW WEAPON HYPE!!

Whose down for a quick twin squad?

I'll be there in 5 mins

SERVER MAINTENANCE IS HAPPENING

OH FUCK!!

Someone tell me when the update is live.

THE UPDATE IS LIFE!!!

Thy need a new patch for this bullshit because this shits funny as fuck.

No one can fucking stop me.

If anyone has issues with JNUSTool, use NewNUSGrabberGUI and update VersionList and select 208 (2.8). Latest will just grab version 192 (2.7).

Splat her right in the beak

I don't understand what you're doing.

Downloading updates manually so he doesn't have to connect to the eShop because he hacked his Wii U.

Figured it was something like that.

delete this

where can i get flac soundtrack of this videogame

well i know theres radio chatter but i never made out that they were calling for help, thats kind of spooks

ive been trying to download even just an mp3 torrent for months and im stuck at the last .2 percent

So new weapons came out today, whats the verdict mah squids?

I don't like going to Sheldon's when he has new weapons cause he never shuts the fuck up

this game is sexy

Good games so long as I don't DC

Git Gud faggots.

mega.nz/#!GkthCbRC!NgdXs2Z6jdVGXJSV1ttWRbCaWobxUJdTYodCTUQrZpU

Oh shit thanks. Wasn't even looking for it but I'll take it.

The lag feels so much worse since the new patch.

I've played some games in stop motion.

Does anyone else feel like the next game should just get rid of the ranking system altogether?

No.
But there should be a casual playlist with other game modes so I can test my gear in peace.

If they're not going to improve the ranking system next game, they should get rid of it. The way ranking system works is kinda retarded

If you disconnect, you lose your points, regardless of whether you were in the lead. And while I understand them wanting to encourage team work by having the whole team lose points, without voice chat, the ability for teams to strategize is somewhat limited. Not only that, but it's too easy for a bad player to basically ride a train to success on the backs of better players who are willing to put in work. It doesn't accurately measure the real skill of individual players because it's not like your rank goes up significantly based on terrain covered or enemies splatted. If that's the case, they should have probably just let all the game modes operate like Turf War where it's easy to have fun even if you're losing. Unless you're winning or you've just stopped caring about your rank and repress your frustration at your score constantly declining because of either bad teams with bad weapon selections or bad connections, it's hard to have fun in the ranked battle mode unless you're just playing with your squad.

Honestly that's ok, because if people could disconnect without going down in rank, it would just lead to people purposely dcing when they are about to lose. I remember testing how disconnection worked when the 3ds smash bros came out. If you were to disconnect you would have a timer, but you wouldn't have that count as a loss in your game stats. In theory, I could have a 100% win/loss ratio for online as long as I had the patience to sit an hour playing by myself between matches. I don't know if they changed that I'm recent patches as I haven't played online in forever.

If they remove rank systems, you're still going to (hopefully) have a matchmaking system that attempts to balance teams fairly, and you'll still get retarded teammates.
Whether or not the rank is visible makes no difference, except on your own attitude.
If you're getting shit teammates in ranked, you're getting shit teammates in unranked. And if you're getting mad in ranked, you'll likely be just as mad in unranked after you lose 10 games in a row for the same fucking reasons.

What splatoon really needs is an impromptu squad system like you get in Splat Fests. If I get a cool team, I should be allowed to play with them for a while instead of having the teams scrambled and getting grouped with the retard E-liter who went 2/9.

Ranked system is perfectly fine, they have even tweaked it in such a way you won't have low rankers or high rankers in your team screwing up the point distribution (A's play with A's and S's play with S's without crossing over to one another)

It's not really okay for the majority of non-sperg players

The thing is, when there's much less at stake for the player, he doesn't really have a whole lot of reasons to get upset over getting bad teammates because he doesn't really lose anything of value.

You'd have to be a special kind of sperg to get that angry over the fact that you can't talk to Judd and get extra coin for a winning streak, when even after 10 loss streak, you're still getting enough money for gear and have managed to go up a couple levels.

The Regular Battle is much more balanced than Rank mode because it's more team work + individual performance that determines your rewards and it's more of just for fun with levels not really meaning much of anything other than the amount of time you've put into the game. And if you're going to have grades that imply that players with B's, A's or S's are more skilled, you should just make it like almost every other shooter where it's individual performance that matters most in the end, not whether you happen to be on the winning team and just stayed out of the better player's way while they carried the game for you. I would have preferred that or at least preferred that I could play a casual game of rainmaker or tower control without basically straight gambling with my online penis size.

The issue with going for individual performance is then you end up with the spergs that think kdr has anything to do with pushing the objective and winning, and or they sacrifice the match solely for their kdr because that's all that "matters". It will also massively discourage team-oriented plays- no more being the distraction so an ally can clean up, because the ally gets all of your rank.

So no, you don't want that. KDRfags are worse than any autism you have related to a letter that means so fucking little because it's an individual rating in a team game.

What you REALLY want is:
No more of this "just find players" shit, I should onky have newbies in my rooms if there is literally nobody else on or they queued with someone.
Tweak effective mmr based on weapon stacking- I should never fucking see 3 dynamos and a carbon on the same god damn team when the only roller type on mine is actually a brush (me, octo).
Meaning you can, actually play with your friends on your team, but can just queue for the current random feels-like-always-opposed thing we have now
Fucking Hydra is FUN but impossible to play in fucking turf because if nobody inks the backfield, you gotta do it with a motherfucking hydra.

WOOMY SWAG
**C'mon,please give me win streaks, I lost 40+ rank points and ranked down because faggot disconnects and bullshit.

Heres how you fixed ranked

If you DC its -1

But if you're on win streak it doubles your point when you win but if you lose you lose your win streak and the points accumulated

Because I'm getting fucking tired of +4 then its -5 for the next 6 rounds and I'm back where I started

I agree, but an individual grade based on KDR and/or territory covered would still more accurately reflect individual player skill level than the current system. The major problems are again the fact that you don't get any points if your team loses, you lose points if they do, regardless of whether or not you yourself are at any fault, and the game modes chosen for Rank Mode themselves are not very good for this grading system. The current grading system would probably work fine were Rank Battles all just normal Turf Wars, but with Rainmaker, Tower Control, and Splatzone where victory doesn't necessarily depend on how many enemies you splat or on the volume of ink you dispense on clean or enemy inked territory and with a ranking/scoring system where you don't get any significant bonuses even if you personally led your team to victory by being able to potshot with your Kelp Splatterscope 11 squid kids before they could recover the Splatzone or the Tower from you, it's a very bad way of grading individual players, even if it could be a sufficient way of grading teams.

And I know people say "the grades don't mean nothin', you should just relax" but if they don't mean anything and I'm expected to just relax and enjoy the game and not worry, why do they grades exist at all? You have this weird set up where you have a universal individual grading system for at least three different game modes that each require their own sort of skills to win and whether you earn anything is based on whether your team wins/loses and nothing else, with no real way to reward players either for their individual talent in spite of having a bad teams and limited tools for teams to actually coordinate and work together. This grading system might be okay were the game more of a standard shooter, but the game is hardly standard.

This is one of the few problems I have with the game that keeps it from truly being a 10/10 for me and stands out as a design flaw. The second game, if it happens, needs to be more decisive in what kind of multiplayer experience it wants to have. Either it's a rank ladder climbing sperg & clanfag fest in the vein of COWADOODY or Counter-Strike or it's an online Nintendo party game. If the former, then it honestly needs grading based on KDR or at least something like it with simple game modes designed for this. If it's the latter, then they don't need any of this rank game shit.

New weapons added.

Nice chart, technically looks like splat bomb/rush is still the most popular sub/special combo

The ranking system is fine. Trying to assign rank based on individual performance is a retarded idea that encourages bad play.
Losing rank for DCing sucks but there's no way around it.

No, it wouldn't.
I think there's a case for making all the ranks more like S and S+, where ranking up takes more games and a higher win/loss ratio so there's less chance of people getting carried by a lucky streak of teammates, and I also think there's a case for separating ranks for each game mode, but ranking by individual stats is stupid.

くコ:彡

Why have a grading system at all if you're not ranking the individual based on their own actual performance. Ranking people individually based on team wins/losses just doesn't work out and defeats much of the purpose of having an individual rank at all as opposed to team ranks.

A better way to do it would have been to add more factors to how many rank points you got similar to how Regular Battle works with Experience Points & Money. You get a good bonus if your team wins which helps make climbing ranks faster, but you still get some points based on how well you perform individually according to each different game mode. For example, getting the decent KDR in any game mode might give you 1 or 2 rank points even if your team loses, but a larger sum of points could still be added to that if your team actually wins, and you could also get some points based on what you do in each game mode that is particular to it, like you get a few extra points if you're the one who throws the rainmaker into the goal or if you were the one who rode the tower most or something like that. It would have also helped in this case to show more player stats so people get an idea what kind of player of that particular rank you are.

The way it is, the rank feels a bit illusory and like it is there just because every other shooter has something like it, but it doesn't really work for the kind of multiplayer experience the developers were going for, which wasn't an individually focused game.

Ranking an individual based purely on wins/losses is a fuzzy measurement, but it targets the right thing directly (the player's ability to influence the outcome of a game).
Ranking an individual based on KDR or turf inked or whatever your alternative is is more precise, but it's also measuring something that just correlates with the thing you want rather than actually being the thing you want.
This means you get fucked by Goodhart's Law.

Nailed it.
If you are a good player, you are more likely to be on a "good" team. If you're a bad player, you're more likely to be on "bad" teams, because of how easily overall team quality is swayed with such small teams. In the long term, it's a reasonably effective method of normalizing skill level.

Of course, this system is not perfect. What really matters is how much utility you contribute to your team, and some weapons are definitely better than others at adding utility, allowing mediocre players to rank faster than good players who might not contribute as much simply due to the nature of their weapon. I'm sure you've realize by now that certain weapons are much more likely to affect the outcome of the game when compared to others.

This is why the most important thing matchmaking needs is the ability to form squads with random players. That way, high-value players can partner up with great low-value players and you can establish team dynamic instead of relying on RNG to give you a good mix.

Congrats. You just made the E-liter the best weapon in the game.
Just take a few shots, jump to spawn, rinse, and repeat. It's now impossible for you to rank down. You could get to S+ simply by grinding. It's not an effective measurement of skill. Just who can win a camping contest.
At the same time, people who play shooters, which are much more likely to trade, are now at a stark disadvantage. All you've done is skew the metagame to favor the way you want to play.

Fuck it, I'm done today.

Rainmaker is so frustrating, because in the other modes, you can actively improve your team's score no matter who your teammates are. But in rainmaker, if a teammate grabs the damn thing before I do, I'm fucked because I have to rely on them to use it effectively.

The rainmaker blast also gets caught on stuff way too easily. If it taps a wall or a tree, it stops completely. Drives me mad.

But rain maker is still the shit

The problem of grinding here would probably only prove to be an issue were there no penalties, but with a more dynamic rewards system that rewards team achievements and individual skills that contribute to those achievements, even with no penalties you can at least make sure more versatile players climb the ladder much faster as just focusing KDR's wouldn't be cost-effective in that case because grinding two points at a time will always be slower than grinding 7-15 points at a time.

Now, if you add some penalties, that of course definitely fixes things, because if you're just focusing on getting the best KDR, you might earn 2 extra bonus points, but you lose at least 5 points cause your team lost, which might not have happened if you were at least splatting other players more strategically. It's not the penalties I'm against, but rather the current way penalties are dished out is ridiculous as pointed. Even if you don't want players rewarded for something like kill to death ratios, to prevent the issues you're worried about, the penalties don't need to be so hard and egalitarian, and rewarding individual achievements by at least making it so somebody who inked a whole lot of territory or splatted more squids than anyone else doesn't suffer as much of a penalty as his lesser teammates seems like it should have been there.

Plus, I don't really think the current ranking system encourages teamwork very well. Most of the time, I doubt most players give a damn about their teammates during rank battles because the penalties are so egregious there's too much pressure for those looking to climb ranks.

Ninja Snipe for new headgear ability!

just found Captain Inkopolis

>no, it's fine to make a rank system where you can grind, because it won't be the right kind of grinding!

What's it like being stuck in B+ with the other autistocrats? Been a while since I passed through there.

I cooled off and decided to jump at it again.

Got some virtually lag-free matches, which was a nice change from earlier.

Got promoted back to A+ again and made a lot of headway. Eventually I lost a very close match in OT with an awful teammate (0/4 - and no, they weren't doing much in the way of support, either), and I threw away the next game because I was a bit on tilt and wasn't playing my best.

Today, I think I've gotten a better feel for what I should be doing, so I think I'll probably be able to push through to S this time around.

Just ordered this game off Amazon. Hope the online is still actually alive when it comes in.

It will be. I never have trouble finding matches in solo turf war or solo ranked. The only time it's even slightly tough is late night matchmaking for squads.

Its been alive since Day 1

But prepare for a bombarment of Japanese players

What is this? Some kind of candy splatfest for japan?

Jesus christ, does anybody in japan even cares for these? c'mon at least give us some theme we can debate upon.

They could've at least picked colours that don't look so similar.

Yah for the US Doritos or Mountain Dew

Guys NWPlayer just leaked the new Gear from the US side for splatoon

Wake up. Make Dank OC.

WE ALL LAUGH NOW BUT THIS WILL ACTUALLY BE A REALITY

Someone please shoot me in the face

I bought a Gamecube adapter from them with standard shipping

I have no idea when it will get here.

I think this d-link lan adapter that I just bought is just fucked up in general, couldn't even get it working on my PC as it needs specific drivers.

Fucking hell, should have just bought it from nintendo from the start and save some money.

If you insist

The problem is it is not individual wins/losses that you are ranked for,. The player is not the only one influencing the outcome of the game for his or herself. What is not being targeted is YOUR ability, but the team's collective ability and you receive an individual grade based on that collective ability.Whether you carry the whole game by yourself or whether everybody on your team puts in the same amount of effort ultimately does not matter. The fact is you can literally sit in one place and if the dice rolls in your favor, you might even go up a rank just doing this. And if a player does this and causes you to lose, you are punished.

The only way to make sure your individual grade is dependent solely on your ability to influence the game here is to gradually wean yourself off dependence on teammates entirely, but what this does in reality is make the multiplicity of ranks somewhat of an illusion as there are then only two kinds of players, with the majority being more dependent on factors other than their own influential skill. The team win/loss ranking system probably works much better for players who regularly Squid Squad, but for players with no friends playing mostly random rank battles, ranking is more of a game of dice.

Only if those things mentioned are the sole things that factor into an individual ranking. With the way it is, unless you regularly Squad, you can never assume that the majority of players who are playing random rank battles most of the time have the ranks they most deserve, because that one guy with a C may only have a C cause of things beyond his control, least of which his own ability. But if individual achievements like having the highest KDR out of all 8 players at the very least (and I'm not saying it has to be KDR) reduced the individual penalties taken for team losses by like 2 points, a little more control is given to the player over their own rank's fate.

If they're going to keep this type of team win/loss rank system for the next Splatoon, I'm not sure if they should keep random team ups.

No, because you don't keep the same team every match unless you're squadding (and you can't get to S and S+ in squads).
The only constant factor in your teams is you. The contribution of your teammates to your individual ranking approaches zero as the number of games played increases, because your teammates are randomly pulled from the same pool as your opponents.

I missed this in my first reply.
If you can't get out of C you deserve to be in C. The game gives you more points for winning than it takes away from losing at that point, you don't even have to win 50% of your games to rank up. I have a little more sympathy for people who get knocked down to A+ after a bad streak and don't feel like it was any fault of their own, but even then, if you keep playing and don't have a constant internet issue you'll rank back up.

Was bad enough when many of the fags here were defending the new Amibos.

God dammit.

what are you talking about?

Shut up Steven , you're fired.

This is the best weapon.

Objectively correct.

DA BEST

Need a 6th, stop idling G!

Still need one more for privates!

Please?

After selling my soul to the Luna blaster I think I should make a guide on how to fight it even when you're a close up fighter

I'll post it next thread

Do you dress like this?

I saw a Japanese grim blaster hopping like I've never seen before. He got killed from behind and didn't do much the rest of the round though. How the fuck do those nips train?

I've never gotten mad at a vidya before, but man, this game really tests that sometimes.

Saved

CRAWLING IN MY INK

The goyim know!

I knew this day might come.

Nothing lasts forever. Indeed, a meme dies the moment somebody realises it's a meme.

We can only strive to create danker OC.

They already know about pic related.

Well I typed of that Analysis of the Luna Blaster what role they play in ranked or casual play.

Alright lets cut to the meat and bone of this Analysis

WEAPON OF THE TALK: THE LUNA BLASTER

Pros:
-Great up close
-Good KO potential
-Great for pushing and harassing Squiffers
-2 shots to kill
-Good range sub weapons and special

Cons
-Dies to long ranged weapons
-Can be countered with Defense up to lessen the blast radius
-Predictable in certain situations

It seems the Pros out way the cons, which is why people use it in ranked

Abilities most common:

Re-spawn up(Mains and subs)-(Super Aggressor)

Damage up:(Mains & subs) (Glass canon tank

(Swim speed up)=Get out of hard cross ups

Strategies:
Avoid Splatbombs. Splatbombs with damage up,well help increase the damage and possible kill you in one shot from the Luna blaster

Most Luna blasters will either play defensive or push the objective
The core of beating this guy is stealth and getting the drop on them asap

If Luna hits you with a shock wave from the blast it turns into a 50/50 if you're up close
i.e a Roller just flick and you'll trade
But if you have a gun with a set number of shots to kill its game over for the due to the Luna having a semi quick consecutive shot

Point Sensors- Use these and you're golden cause Luna love hiding a lot same with rollers

TL;DR Take them out/get the drop out on them or Trade and make it a 50/50 best bets.

Fresh art

This doesn't make any grammatical sense.

Thanks for the art of best sister user

You forgot some of the Luna's main pros and cons

Anyone got the hentai pics of the splatoon girl eating testicles?

HE DID IT, ABSOLUTE MADMAN

It's been out for a year and online numbers keep going up.

It's all us Wii U players have.

I'm in the mumble if anyone wants to squad.

GET IN THIS SQUAD AND MAKE IT A QUAD, SQUIGGAS!

I only lose respect for E-Liters, Squiffers, and Mini Zink gatlings.

Hydra splatlings are also getting on my nerves too.

I love you luigi my man but that's bullshit and you know it.

I don't even recognize this place anymore.

Nu thread