The only reason game companies are making their games casual and copy pasting shit is cause you fags are not buying...

the only reason game companies are making their games casual and copy pasting shit is cause you fags are not buying games anymore

think about it the when a new rts came out you would go and buy it but new any new rts game comes out we get "ill pirate/its just worth a pirate" no one buys games anymore except for casuals and then you get all up in arms when big companies (EA/Ubisoft/etc) make more and more casual games they dont have any room to innovate since funds are so "low" (the higher ups take most of the money)

anyways…discuss

There are good games still being released, Holla Forums just doesn't talk about them because it's apparently more fun to bitch about whatever AAA pile of shit/flavor of the month indie darling came out this month.

That, or there's a general about it.

I don't buy games because I'm poor

Did you literally miss the past year where 5 or 6 RTS games came out?

rts was just an example

bad example, a good portion of the really good RTS games have aged well, and new games entering the market haven't tried to improve on model, in many ways the new games have less features than the old games

Buying garbage isn't really the solution, I don't know if there even is a valid one other than supporting devs who don't pull bullshit which obviously isn't enough to send a message. Though I will admit I do hate the retards here who brag about the fact that they never buy any game ever anymore when they're likely the same people that say SJWs don't buy games. Why would they pander to us again if we proudly proclaim we won't buy it anyway?

Except for the fact that pirated games barely make up a fraction of the total sales of a AAA game, regardless of whether those pirates go on to buy the game. They don't casualize to get away from the core, they casualize to make a new core that is much larger and more willing to pay. You can see this in titles dropping any indication of series (tomb raider, battlefront, hitman, doom), or even more subtley hiding the chronology on the cover ("The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt" becomes "The Witcher: Wild \|/ Hunt"). Xcom is pretty funny about this, they made a game in the series with a subtitle like the rest of the series, then they made their next came called "2", implying the one previously was '1', therefore saying all others before don't matter.

And besides, when the developer takes out the cool parts of the game, adds gimmicks, and dumbs down the gameplay a la The Elder Scrolls, and sees more sales, do you expect them to make it more complicated? No, they're going to keep doing what got sales in the last entry.

How many of you faggots bought star ruler2?

You are more or less right. The exchange of money is the only real way to determine how interested people are in something. In a very real way, the dollar is the vote, and the person has stopped voting.

Well at least you are honest.

Why would i buy new games when older games can last me a life time with better quality?

But what if every possible thing to buy isn't interesting enough? And what if every exchange of money results in the opposite of what the buyers want?

that's what i'm doing it isn't easy

TL;DR
You fags were pirating good games for years.
While casuals were buying shit games for years.
Pic related, you have nobody to blame, you are the problem.

Usually an alternative product starts showing up. You watch movies, read books, play tabletop games, etc.

Or, as you are correctly doing, you do your own thing because you feel there is a demand for something that isn't being met. And if you are right, you will reap the rewards in people buying what you are making. And then people will do more of what you are doing because it's been shown to have large demand for it..

Which I sympathize with since all my favorite game series have been dead for a long time now.

which is why I too am trying to make my own games

I don't even care anymore. I stopped playing vidya a year ago. I'm just here to shitpost. If the industry crashes and burns then I might give it another shot.

Despite what the pirates and companies make out, the effects of pirating is very minimal and there's nothing stopping pirates from picking up the game or throwing money at the company.

Games are becoming more casual and copy-paste because games are a much larger investment than they were 10 years ago, so in order to make a 50 million dollar sound good to investor is to tell them that you know it'll make it back because of the sales of other games that are extremely similar or have enormous marketing.

Is there a fix? Of course, support niche titles and companies that stick to their guns and to their roots and show them that you don't need to be casual to sell.

Why would I buy something I know I won't fully enjoy? That's stupid. I know I'm not part of the target audience anymore, and I've come to terms with that.

That said, I'll still buy a few games. I'm only a filthy pirate when it comes to old treasures of past generations since the vast majority of current games simply don't catch my interest. I'm keeping an eye on a couple games coming out this year.

Nah, it's just a difference in what the two audiences want and which one's more profitable. The casual audience is happy with literal shit with all the expensive strings attached. The hardcore audience is harder to please and smaller in cash value since they know what a full price game is supposed to offer and hate DLC. So obviously, if you're a business, you make shitty games for people with shitty taste.

And that's what it's all about these days. Even the dev groups doing it for fun are expecting big bucks. How are you supposed to branch out and make a fun game when the formula for the perfect shit platter is already out there, raking in millions from stupid faggots who don't know what quality products are?

I like movies, but, just like my vidya taste, only the niche titles that come out every once in a while. The ones that make all the big money are absolutely terrible capeshit.

And when you "do your own thing", 99% of the time that means you're an indie dev. The indie games who meet the "demand for something that isn't being met" are shit like minecraft, fnaf, and undertale. That's not really revitalizing the industry, it's only going to make it worse.

your options are:
or

Until, of course, you pull a kojima and make your own studio.

I still dont know why companies dont just fund a small game for 500 grand and see if it takes off or not. I mean, if it is popular, they can milk it a la asscreed.

I own a Wii U and a good 10 games for it, all bought new. I even bought Xenoblade X. Didn't stop Nintendo from going crazy with censorship.
I own a Vita and lots of fun games for it, also bought new. Didn't stop Sony from going full nogaems
I had an Amiga as a kid, and a fuckhuge tray of vidya. Commodore has been dead for decades.

A few guys willing to pay for good vidya means nothing when there are many more people willing to pay for shit.

Do you think xenoblade x would have done better if it had no censorship?

EDF originally came from a series which purposely underbudgeted and sold at bargain-bin prices.

Also, in the GCCX interview with iwata, arino proposed he work on small NES-like games in his free time, which would have been fucking amazing (talent shouldn't go to waste in a CEO's position)

I bought Bravely Default because I wanted squeenix and the like to bring over more JRPGs. I overlooked the censorship because it was miniscule and less important than the fact that a japanese game is coming over to the west. Now I am unsure whether my dollars supported for the act of bringing games over, or supported censorship.

Fuck 'voting with your dollars'
Fuck voting in general
What is voting when your vote will support a bad quality of an otherwise good thing?

"OMG GUISE YOU HAVE TO START BUYING SHITTY GAMES AND NOT PIRATING"

I would actually buy smaller nes like games sold for 5-10 dollars.

No way there's enough pirating anons on all the chans combined to have that much impact.

It's a nice game on it's own. It's less focused than the first, but the worlds are big and comfy and the combat is a bit better. I wasn't a fan of the Skells though, because losing a fight on your own is risk-free, but losing a fight in a Skell means you have to pay to repair it.
The censorship is annoying though. I remember a pink haired NPC mention something about his boyfriend, but I have no idea if that's in the original game or not. The memes are jarring when they appear, but I didn't see them that often.
It would have done a lot better without censorship, especially with Shulk getting into Sm4sh. It wouldn't have been a bestseller though, considering it's still a niche game.

But there are not enough "hardcores" to buy games to have any impact at all.

Shitposting on Holla Forums is a game itself.

Would also be a great way to break in some new devs, start new IPs, or innovate certain mechanics. They don't really have to care about too much quality control, because most of these titles will be forgotten in a few months anyways.

This is a matter of "which came first". If the games were not casual, there was no reason for the target audience not to buy the games. If the core audience pirates because the games are casual, the devs are already in the wrong.

Companies do that all the time. But the bigger you are, the more expectations ride on your shoulders, because you aren't making games to please the fans anymore. You're making games to please the stock holders and investors.

It's sort of why I'm planning on buying MHX when it comes out in the West. The MH team has been based as fuck and I love that they've become so good that the Capcom brass cannot touch them.

I fucking love the EDF games. I don't really understand why. They're such low quality, cheesy, repetitive games, but they're so much fun. Probably the same reasons I love the Ace Combat games. And I know I'm the only one with that opinion in this entire fucking city. I think maybe the people in my neighborhood forgot that games are supposed to be fun.

Does anyone on Holla Forums actually buy AAA trash?
I shouldn't have asked.

Level 5 had some sort of partnership/contract with Nintendo to put out like a dozen or so eshop games all made by small studios. I'm not so sure how well they did financially speaking but considering their price they were almost all good quality games.

I really hope that as the tech bubble gets closer to popping indiefags start realizing no one wants their garbage. Having to sort through pages upon pages of RPG maker/Unity/whateveriseasy has completely killed my interest in looking for decent games on modern platforms.

The Overwatch thread is all the answer you need.

However, fun is a balance between effort and reward. The balance is key to making the game fun on its own. Adding human players for competition is almost the "easy way out" because now the balance is based on the ability of everyone else instead of the quality of the game. Fighting games are in a grey area because they hinge on both

They buy it on steam so they can show all their friends what game they're playing
gotta get those cheevos or else you can't have bragging rights about your gamer cred

I'm actually fine with indie trash being trash. You have to start somewhere and, eventually a quality game or dev will rise to the top. For every VVVVVV or Risk of Rain there's hundereds of shitty games that didn't make it. Getting your name out is probably the hardest part of the indie process nowadays, so I don't object to places like itch.io letting everything be advertized generally equally

And the best part about starting at rock bottom is, there's nowhere lower to sink.

Neets don't make any income and a lot of you faggots ate actually proud of pirating

People that work and play vidya love used games.

You are how fuck this is ?

As long as they keep their day jobs. I could never do it myself, but I have a friend working IT and chipping away at a simple game in his free time when he's not horribly addicted to shitty MMOs. Nobody's first project is a winner, so you have to go in with the mindset that allows you to fail and keep going.

I think that's what's messing up the indie scene, I don't think these people give themselves room to fail. Everyone wants to live the dream and hit that next big indie home run like Darkest Dungeon or Undertale, but that's just not realistic.

I still dont know why every single dev has to be super well known. Why cant nitche(?) bs nitche? All devs now aspire to be superstars just like romero and phil fish kek. If i was making a game, and it wasnt some kind of indie platformer made to please everyone and get tge big bux, i wouldnt try and advertise it everywhere because bringing in people who arent fans of the genre make requests to casualise the game.

I find it telling that all the people saying "you caused this" are only giving one response. Even the OP only gave two responses.

It's also funny anyone thinks sub 3k people could decide to change a market of millions if they decided not to buy a game. As if anything we would boycott would make anything but an iota of a differance.

I buy games that deserve my money.

Thanks for contributing to the decline.

a lot of good old games were copied from other games but when the company sold a ton they started experimenting
all im sayng is when companies have more money they experiment more

that is correct

im not saying buy garbage there are good games coming up these days (doom singleplayer is a good example) but since the single player is the only good thing about it i have seen many people just pirate it

NuDooM doesnt even have a crack yet. And the single player isnt even good enough to warrent a pirate anyway.

doom actually looks good i know that the color pallet is really bad but the game is pretty fun he only thing i hate is the glory kills

and i meant people saying they will pirate it

Not only are the glory kills bad, the game is plagued with 'modernisations' like perk and upgrades in single player. NuDooM is not a good game, but it might be better in contrast to everything else. There is even unskippable cutscenes.

this is the undeniable truth, all excuses exhausted

I tell people this every time and the only thing I get is
>GO AWAY SHILL D:

What's wrong with wasteland 2?

bamp

what about all those who dont even bother trying to make games knowing itll just get stolen to hell and back, wasting their time and effort?

I bought Senran Kagura yesterday.

These jackasses don't have an argument for that.

I'll help out! I'll go buy ten more copies of overwatch so game companies know which games we like!

It will only be 400 dollars, that's only like a day and a half of work.

You cannot win.

Fuckoff (215)

This is my new go-to thing to end my arguments with.

nobody wins in the end, people just want to bitch and complain. just do what you fucking want no matter what another faggot on the internet has to say. we're all gonna die eventually and gaming is going to shit. end of story.

Are you retarded? The reason games are getting more and more simpler is because people KEEP buying these kind of games. Pirates doesn't have anything to do with the sales because they were most likely never going to buy the game in the first place.

They get off by bitching and complaining about amoral actions while they continue to ignore the reality around them.

im not saying buy shit games im saying if you pirate a game and feel that (its just worth a pirate) you are the problem

The truth being that obviously gamers are the ones wasting their money on re-releases and DLC, after all it's all their life is about and where they can meet their waifus.

They will only pirate what's secondary, after all you can't waste money on all shit. And even then, they will tend to gravity around the pirated's goods IP for a potential future buy.

Devfag here, it's almost always a boogieman with little to no empirical evidence to back it up.

Source: Most piracy in the world occurs in 3rd world shitholes where $60s is 3 years worth of wages and the population usually lives in a totalitarian, banana republic.

Tell me what a hardcore gamer is user.

I agree with you somewhat but pirates aren't the very reason why games are getting worse.

These brats have lived an easy life inside their whitewashed walled gardens away from economic hardship and minorities. They get off by feeling "superior".

jesus youre such a shill. "People will be pirating Doom, a wonderful game that you should buy, so pirating is bad." Kill yourself.

Normalfags buy big releases and if they're not normalfags pirate/maybe buy small releases.
Thats all there is to it.

I can confirm this. I live in a 3rd world country and this is the case for the majority. However people do buy if the game is worth the money. Making beer money online is easier than you think.

And yes, our government is bananas. Not totalitarian, just incompetent.