Nintendo NX: Secrets Revealed

Nintendo (NX as it's OS) is teaming up with Nvidia (Android as it's OS) and making a New Nintendo Streaming Device that comes with 2 operating systems.

Nintendo is teaming up with Nvidia to make two streaming players similar to the Nvidia Shield portable, and Nvidia Shield TV. (the picture isn't what it'll look like, but it gives an idea). The tech will be similar to what Nvidia has already, but will it's TV device will be $150 ($50 dollars cheaper than Nvidia Shield TV). The deal will also allow Nintendo access to the Geforce Now servers, which allows Nintendo to start with lots of games at launch that are already available on the service. The system will be more powerful than both the PS4 and Xbox One, but only when taking full advantage of the cloud based service. Though there will be a monthly fee for the internet service, you'll also be able to buy and own titles on the service. Because it's a streaming player that also has NX as it's OS, it will not directly compete with the Nintendo Wii U, which they plan to keep going along side it.

Nintendo plans to create it's own echo system with the NX, similar to what apple has done.

Rolling

Nice bait, though.
checm em

OP is a retarded nigger faggot like Patrick "MrSega" Lawson

I honestly wasn't trying to bait people over it being "more powerful" than PS4 and Xbox One. Rather, that is simply do to the cloud based servers that Geforce Now is taking advantage of already. The reason Nvidia pushes it's service forward even though there aren't good sales on the Shield, is because of the deal they have working with Nintendo. The reason for Nintendo teaming up with Nvidia, is because it doesn't have the knowledge for an internet service, or resources to make such a service on it's own.

Lol haha lol lol nice hhaa lol

They're already teamed up with DeNA to do that, you faggot. Nobody believes you.

Also you won't be stuck running "mobile garbage" as you say, since it will have two operating systems. For example: The Next Zelda will launch with the new system, but will not be available for the current Nvidia Shield TV.

Sounds awful. And sad.

ninty has been with AMD since the n64, what is this shit

Nobody believes you.

That's a picture of the nvidia shield faggot.
Kill yourself then check my dubs.

Do you not play videogames ever?

why do newfags bump threads they know are bullshit?

HYPED
you got more OP?

The N64 graphics processor was based on Silicon Graphics technology from their workstations. "Flipper" from Gamecube was designed by a group of ex-SGI employees [who had worked on the N64 hardware] who founded a company called ArtX.

ArtX was purchased by ATi prior to the release of [but after the completion of GPU work] the Gamecube. ATi was later purchased by AMD, I think around the time the Wii was launching or that general time frame give or take a year.

What do you mean I won't be able to pirate games anymore?

Nintendo went with Nvidia this time, and Nvidia was able to launch the Shield and not have anyone know they were setting up servers that would one day work with the next Nintendo device. It was perfect for Nintendo.

Which is why I had posted in the OP: (the picture isn't what it'll look like, but it gives an idea)

Maybe i can get dubs

Okay guys my friend at school's uncle works at nintendo and he says that the new nintendo will be able to play every nintendo game ever made but with photo realistic graphics at FPS that the human eye can't even see because it uses advanced hole technology and blast processing and was partially developed by NASA. also there's a new zelda coming out on ps4 where link can talk and everyone is fully voice-acted and it plays like dark souls mixed with skyrim and it's called the legend of zelda: the mystery of the druids. my friend can back me up on this you can talk to him on roblox he's called XxSuperNintendoSansRainbowDashDude2004xX

Kill yourself.

Nobody

Believes

You

Faggot

impressive

My dad works at Nintendo and he says they're going to replace the 3DS that doesn't need an internet connection to play games with the NX that needs an internet connection to play games.

It's a fool proof plan and will ensure that the NX sells more than the 3DS.

good thread

The next Nintendo device will not have any disc drive.

Nintendo doesn't want to be last this time, so they're trying to beat Microsoft and Sony in having a CHEAP device to start it's own echo system, with an OS they will be working on over time. The pull to it will be the Nintendo brand, and games which only play on it's device.

If NX has anything related to 'The Cloud', I sure as fuck won't be buying one.

Thats bullshit but I believe it

I can't wait to play Smash Bros online against people from South America with the added lag of having to stream the entire game and then send my button presses to a server thousands of miles away before they are registered.

Nintendo has done it, this is brilliant. Xboned and Playscrewedtion 4.

Nobody believes you faggot

They don't have much say in the matter. If people wanted to be in Nintendo's ecosystem, they would be. It's not a mystery as to where one gets Nintendo games.

Unlike others in this thread, I believe what you're saying. All the evidence is there that Nintendo is going to Nvidia if people want to look for it. It's two companies who can't get any traction whatsoever in the console space [because they don't have quality software] and are looking to cut a deal with each other.

Nintendo doesn't move enough units to get favorable pricing from AMD and Nvidia has no buyers for the Tegra line of chips outside of the automotive industry.

Nintendo also has such terrible relations with third parties and is so awful at creating SDK's for their consoles and has shown a real propensity and desire to peddle short, cheap shovelware on their systems that it seems right up their alley to just graft Nvidia's tools on their kit and pad their lineup with Android ports.

Except there is no single shred of evidence, you cock loving faggot.

There sure is. You just don't want to believe it or notice it.

Well, there was also one other guy who said he believes me. So, two people I guess.

does anyone have the webm of the ugly kike in the middle east laughing and rubbing his hands?

Then post it you cockmongling homosexual.

The Tegra rumor started based on a rumor from semiaccurate that spread to every other stupid echo chamber website.

Nvidia just completely shit on their Tegra plans at computex. It's abandoned for mobile devices.

The entire rumor came from a paywalled article where the owner of the site acted like someone leaked the info. The guy that runs semiaccurate fucking hates the mainstream echo sites. I wouldn't be surprised if he, Charlie, spread a fake rumor just to make sites look like retards.

Just to add, the original rumor was that "Nvidia had silicon in the NX". The fact that it's a Tegra for the CPU and GPU has been completely fabricated by the echo chamber websites.

There haven't been any leaks from AMD. Nintendo barely sells any consoles and AMD doesn't really have a chip or APU suitable for a portable, so Nintendo can't get the same kind of pricing that Sony or Microsoft can get [because they move units] from AMD.

Nintendo's recently hired head of technology is a former engineer at Nvidia. The idea of unifying portable and console technology departments [which Nintendo did] around architecture and development tools but without making a singular device [which is what Iwata said pretty much word for word] is EXACTLY what the Nvidia Shield already is.

Nintendo most likely isn't going to go with x86 considering they haven't worked on anything but RISC since the N64. They may not have too many senior staff who have ever worked on x86 in a professional setting. So, that leaves ARM and Nvidia already has ARM-based SoC designed, taped out, and in production inside their Shield products. Nintendo was prepared to use a Tegra product in the 3DS until Nvidia couldn't deliver on power consumption.

Package deals get more favorable pricing. Nintendo would be looking at another ~10 million consoles buying from AMD with another vendor [Imagination? Nvidia? ARM? Qualcomm?] providing the chipset for the mobile side. It makes infinitely more financial sense to just go with a Tegra [likely the Pascal-based "Parker" that is featured in their PX 2 computer for autonomous cars] that can be scaled up and down for mobile or console form factors.

I am actually amused by how many people think my information is wrong. Is it really that it's completely unbelievable? Or rather, is it because it's not what you would like to hear? There is a difference you know.

sounds good but the games should be playable on pc instead faggot ass android

None of this is evidence, you stupid faggot, it's just conjecture.

We think your information is wrong because you don't have any proof, you stupid fucking retard.

If you had posted proof in the first place most of us would have given you some thought, but instead you chose to act like a "My dad works at Nintendo" faggot.

nice

you could've mentioned the added Dragon Dildo controller at least

Okay, fair enough. It's circumstantial. It adds up much better than expecting Nintendo to use 100W+ solution from AMD, though.

I won't say your conjecture isn't bad either, but it's still conjecture.

True but until anything solid comes out it's safer to assume some AMD chip.

You're giving OP too much credit, it's MS Paint.

Why do people keep thinking that the picture is supposed to be real, when I said in the OP that it is not?

Why are we supposed to believe anything you say is true when you haven't posted any sources to your claims?

you really think someone would do that? just go on the internet & tell lies?

shit thread
check my digits

My uncle works at Nintendo and my dad works at Nvidia, he can confirm that this is true.

(checked)
trying my luck bois

You're right, I haven't. I suppose I was projecting a bit by expecting more, as I guess it's a bit esoteric. Though it will certainly mean something to the right people. Maybe the information you need will be available soon? Don't know what to tell you.

Rollin'

Let's go.

The games for Nintendo's new device will be for the NX OS, Android OS, and they can easily port PC games to the Geforce Now service. So if you're concerned about the PC, they're making it easy to port PC games over to Nintendo's new console.

kill yourself

It's going to be the end of the road for them in hardware. Nobody wants Netflix for games yet.

Hey anons. Remember the rumor that the XboxOne would have no disc drive and just be a streaming/digital only console. Where you would have to be on the internet or your console would lock up.

Remember how anons believed that such a move/rumor was too stupid to be true?

From their perspective, if the device is cheap enough and has the Nintendo brand attached to—it to bring people in—with games available for it from NX, Android, and PC titles from the Geforce Now service, then over time they expect to do very well. They tend to build the NX OS and what's available for it over time, without ever leaving it like they had to do with so many consoles in the past.

Plus it's future proof.

Except the Xbox One always had a disc drive and was never a digital only console. And everyone expected Microsoft to be retarded enough to try and make it online only.

Just post your sources, you retarded faggot.

They were forced to drop the price of the 3DS fairly early and it is still the worst performing Nintendo handheld ever. It's near impossible to get a lower cost of entry than a phone that somebody already has. Gamecube did not benefit from a drop to $99 and it didn't benefit from a launch price of $199.

The key takeaway here isn't that Nintendo needs to be super cheap – it's that the amount of people who actually want to pay money for access to Nintendo software is decreasing.
Yeah, I don't see people interested in PC games – which are already practically dirt cheap if you know when you buy – picking up weak Nintendo hardware just to pay money for Nvidia's rotating selection of games streaming off of the cloud.

It sounds like Nintendo wants to build a false economy like mobile phones do – convince people they are getting a very good deal on the front end, but they end up paying more for less on the back end.

I have a feeling that NX will be incapable of being backwards compatible with Gamecube games. With the Wii U: you can easily hack it to play them but I'm sure Nintendo, infamous for being butthurt about video rental stores among other things, would go out of their way to make sure the same couldn't be said about NX.

So you guys know, Nintendo also plans to make money off of the Android OS (Nintendo games for Android) on their Nintendo device, and not just for their NX OS; both will be included in one device. The NX OS will be used to get people to buy THEIR SPECIFIC DEVICE (Nintendo games only available there), rather than buying another android device that wouldn't ALSO be able to play NX games as well.

So you can see why such a deal will appear more attractive than simply buying another android tablet.

Two OSs just makes it more complicated for the average user and more open to exploitation (See: Sony). That won't be happening.

My dad works for Sinclair, NX is actually ZX misspelled.
Mario 64k confirmed for the Spectrum.

The games for both operating systems will be online through the device, and no matter which they choose (XS or Android games), it will work on their one device. It's actually pretty simple.

i swear to christ if i get a fucking bug

Then it makes no logical sense for there to be two operating systems. Android is an open OS and Nintendo could easily implement the ability to sideload APKs into the NX OS similar to what Blackberry does on QNX.

Nobody buys a console to play Android or mobile games – the sales figures for the Shield, the Ouya, and AppleTV have made that pretty clear. The sales numbers for Wii U have also zeroed in on just about how many people actually want to buy a console for Nintendo games.

Trying to sell people a $150 streaming box and a subscription service to get access to "cloud power" is going to bomb hard. Nintendo should stay in Japan.

I honestly don't know the details. Just that NX is supposed to be what Nintendo is using to play it's own games apart from Android. Beyond that, I don't know.

The attempts being made are for a reason; that is the thing you should be looking into the most. Nintendo believes it's name brand will develop it's library over time. It's not about winning on day one, though I'm sure they will try. It's about creating an echo system similar to apple, and even Microsoft would like one for windows 10. Everyone knows what direction the future is leading, but they also know how difficult it is to push it forward. As you know, Microsoft is doing everything it can to FORCE people on Windows 10, and Nintendo hopes to use it's brand name.

You also have to understand, that it's not simply an Android device. That is what makes it's so special.

Right, where all of the media is stored on Apple's cloud servers and if you exit the ecosystem, you lose your media. Sounds right up Nintendo's alley after they put out two consoles in a row that forced you to buy their ancient ROMs all over again.
Nintendo games DON'T make it special, though. Most dedicated game consumers don't pay money for Nintendo games because they don't want them. Listening to you is like Gamecube-levels of delusion about where Nintendo really is.

Of course they do; it's what helps sell Nintendo consoles. Now add to that a cheap $150 device that can do much more than just Nintendo NX games (meaning also Android and use the Geforce Now service), and you can see that the selling point this time is not only in the Nintendo brand.

Consider that the next Zelda game will only be available for Wii U and Nintendo NX, and it all comes together.

All 12 million of them this go around.
The last mainline Zelda game sold ~4 million copies on a console with an install base approaching 100 million. It's a solid seller, it's not a unit mover for anyone but the dedicated Nintendo audience [i.e. the Wii U install base].

Selling it for $150 is an immediate red flag that it's a cheap piece of shit. The low price didn't get the Gamecube. If Nintendo had a viable product with a good reputation among reliable game buyers they wouldn't need to play the ultra-budget game.

For $200, the Nvidia Shield TV can play the Witcher 3 at 1080p and 60fps. But the deal with Nintendo will have the next device become $150, and it'll be do the same thing. Granted though, for games like that, it will require a good internet speed.

And a monthly subscription fee. It is dead on arrival.

Doesn't even Microsoft and Sony have an online subscription needed to play their games online for their consoles? Are you saying no one uses such a service yet? Or that 90% of the people using such consoles, don't play their games online? How are their online only games doing in sales? Badly?

Again though, you're not factoring in everything that makes the next Nintendo console special. It's not any one thing: it's the whole picture that I have shown here in my posts.

kek, not this shit again

Yes – that doesn't mean it's a good thing. The people paying for online on consoles generally migrate to where their friends are – and that's not on Nintendo consoles 3+ years into the gen.

Their online services also don't work like "Netflix for games". You buy the games you want at the cost of the game. You don't need to rely on Nintendo/Nvidia to keep "x, y, z" game in the rotation [like you do with Netflix, where 99% of everything available is unwatchable garbage and you can pay for months without having anything worthwhile to watch]. No doubt Nintendo would stick to their tradition of limiting on-board storage to keep you paying for their streaming service.

Yeah, 1080p and 60fps streamed over the internet. A remote device is rendering it and you're just watching a video. Every button press has to be sent to the remote machine, where the remote machine registers what's happening, renders it, then encodes it to video, then sends it back to you.

Average ping in USA is around 80ms. That means one round trip for a button press means 160ms latency, just with the network. It's not feasible. Maybe it'll work in Japan where their average ping in big cities is like 10ms. But it's not going to work anywhere else in the world.

You know how Xbone took a giant shit because it required online? You remember how mad everyone was that you needed to check in online once a day for Xbone? And now you're saying that NX is going to be streaming games over the internet? You have no internet, you have no NX. No one is going to go for that.

There's no way this is happening. Nice troll, but there's a good reason why none of those streaming services like OnLive or any Geforce Now or anything has ever been successful. There's way too much latency.

with no survivors

Good thing for you, or good thing for Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo? There is a difference you know. They are moving in this direction in an attempt to control a future market, much like to the effect Steam has had on the PC. Everyone wants a piece of that kind of pie; in fact they want the whole pie.

As far as I know, The Witcher 3 plays well on Nvidia Shield TV using the Geforce Now service.

It was too soon, and for too much money. It also wasn't exactly what Nintendo is attempting to do. The fact that Microsoft wanted to do something along this line, should send you a message as to what's really going on behind the curtain.

Yes. And since I'm not a shareholder in any of them, I don't care if it's good for them. There is a reason why this generation of consoles is watching itself contract back to the levels of the 5th generation.
And just like Microsoft was dumped in the trash for trying an online-only-games-as-a-service console, so will Nintendo.

Yeah, because it was demoed in a place like South Korea, Taiwan, or Japan.

Nvidia's GeForce Now is more expensive than Xbox Live, I believe. It's $8 a month or close to $100 a year, which is I believe double or close to double what Microsoft or Sony charge.

It also says it's library or streamable games is "more than 50", which doesn't sound great. Revolving, permanent subscriptions for access to games I might not like or games I can play on my phone?

Good predictive capability would be to know what's best for them; that is what they will do.

As far as I know, Witcher 3 players well in the US on the Nvidia shield TV.

But that's just to play games online. To use the cloud based 'PlayStation Now' service, Sony doesn't seem to be charging less than 'Geforce Now.'

And they will keep losing market share to PC and phones.

rollan

Damn. Sea Slime is cool too though.

Gimme slime girl or fuck off.

Okay, nevermind, I'm satisfied with this result.

Then you're suggesting what's you believe is NOT best for them. I'm simply saying: what is best for them, is what they're concerned about. Not what you are concerned about.

Rollan

Sage all speculations and rumors thread

I am reminded of this: "Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces."

Except I'm more amused by the comments, than anything else.

Ah shit, I shouldn't have given your sister a pearl necklace.

NOBODY IS BUYING YOUR LIES, FAGGOTRON

Anons, please stop responding to this shithead. He admitted he has no evidence and tried to pass it off as people just not understanding why he's telling the truth. This should be the last post of the thread. There's nothing to gain from fools but foolishness.

Is it less suspicious if I take out fire insurance before or after buying the console?

What the fuck kind of gnome is that?

I think Proverbs 11:13 is more fitting to leak threads.

It's Gnome based on the original folklore which makes her a rock sprite.

yes its official
Nintendo hates Australians

Actually, there are people in this thread who have believed me, and my faggotry has been meant with a video on how to avoid homosexuals:

Actually, I only admitted to not being able to give a source. There is a difference. Just want to clear that up for you.

No, there isn't, and quit trying to fit in so hard, redditfag.

Rolling.

This is actually kind of what I've been fearing since they said "it will not simply replace the Wii U or 3DS."

If Nintendo streaming is real, then RIP Nintendo.

Please kill yourself for believing this, you fucking retard

Why are you so angry? What is it you wanted the Nintendo NX to be?

Nothing, quadsman

roll

My thread, my quads: Nintendo's future.

What? OP's claim echos one of my own fears I've had after Nintendo specifically stated the NX will not "simply replace" the Wii U or 3DS.

Well, what does that mean? One possibility is a console add on like they tried to do with the N64DD. That han't been tried in a while, but it could be cool.

Another possibility is that it is just an upgraded WiiU, like the New 3DS. This could go wither way since that could still be seen as "replacing" the WiiU.

Another possibility, as per OP's claim, is that they want to attempt a streaming service, which I don't think any sane individual wants, but I wouldn't put it past Nintendo with what they've said so I'm afraid OP may be right. This would not replace the WiiU or 3DS and would be something that nobody wants.

DID SOMEONE SAY DUBS THREAD?!?!?

OK! MARIO GETS YOU NEXT TIME!

You see, it's easy to know when someone is lying because they go into too much details.
And no one, not even Nintendo, the absolute kings of retardation are this fucking retarded.

ROLLAN

Actually, people who are lying are less likely to provide details, insomuch as they don't have them, and also that anything provided may be used against them if incorrect.

Thanks for no sage.

yolo

calling this shit right now. The Wii U was nintendo's Saturn and the NX will be its dreamcast (without the good games mind you)

Actually I have been hearing rumors that the NX might be using Nvidia chips rather than AMD, but at this stage it's still nothing but rumors.

One of the most uninspired fake leaks I've ever seen, apply yourself.

I want to see it happen just to see it fail horribly.

I also don't want to get a horse.
Rollan

Well of fucking course.

So much hate in my thread.

I guess some of you are hoping Nintendo makes a high powered console like Microsoft and Sony, but Nintendo is known for not wanting to compete in the same way as the others. Even if some of you are mad, Nintendo will try to be like Apple, and move to online games within their own echo system, with handheld focus, as it's something they're interested in.

I mean, they've been saying this for a loooong time now, but it's only been that way since the start of the Wii.

No, the Wii just did it in a different way. They've not been competing in the graphics field nor "muh mature games" for a long time, instead focusing on fun gameplay and theming things so people of all ages can like them. The Wii just added a completely different input mechanic that the competition.

The NES, SNES, N64, and GC all were directly competing in the hardware game. To say otherwise is revisionist history.

This is the same company that released Star Fox Zero.

NES and SNES, definetly. N64, not nearly as much. GC, absolutely not.

We're talking about the past here.

This is backwards. The N64 and the Gamecube were definitively more performance oriented than their previous consoles.

As dumb as this is nintendo is deperate enough to pull this shit

They put a fucking screen on a pad, they can make a console thats nothing but a dumb chromecast-like streaming shit

A performance oriented console would use the best hardware available at the time (like the Xbox) coupled with smart design choices consoles used to make (like Sony's Emotion Engine tacking other computing units onto the basic ones basically in the PS2 or that PSU setup the PS3 had). The Gamecube had more "raw power" than the PS2, according to the stats, but less tricks, and the Xbox blew everyone the fuck out with raw power only. The GC tried to stay in the middle, was weaker in practice (except for multiplats where it usually beat the PS2 since those were built for portability, not optimized for one system), but because of that also managed to be the cheapest console.

Jesus Christ Op stop sucking Emily Roger's futanari dick .
Jesus christ this rumor spread on neogaf , how the fuck do you believe a neogaf rumor OP

Checked

Nah, I don't believe most people at neogaf would agree with what I posted. You're thinking of a different Nvidia relation to Nintendo; one that wouldn't cover the online streaming angle. I'm suggesting they have a bigger deal with Nvidia than many people would think.