SD2SNES

Finally came today Holla Forums. I've never played any SNES games outside the MMX ones, so any recommendations would be great.

Any MSU1 hacks, or general hacks would be appreciated as well. The cthulu Mario one seemed good.

That faggot holding onto the Dracula X MSU1 hack.

Other urls found in this thread:

sd2snes.de/blog/compatibility
youtu.be/-QMH-xp-WtI
krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=5142.0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm probably gonna get lynched for asking this, but why don't you just emulate your snes games?

because 1 pixel is the wrong color

Super Mario RPG
Shadowrun
F-Zero
Starfox
Super Black BassI'm actually serious
Super Mario All-Stars
Super Mario Kart
Super Turrican
Super Metroid

Even on Higan?

Because got the hardware, so no reason not to use it.

Can't play Starwing or Mario RPG, but the rest I'll check out. Metroid seems to be a game people swear by.

The Metroid Fusion 'remake in Super Metroid is looking fucking great.

イデアの日

Bump.

Here's this if it helps with general ideas. I do need to get around to updating it sometime (this is only the basic version), but SNES/SFC threads are a bit scarce (actually, most older system related threads that aren't Xbox or Dreamcast aren't all that common these days in general).

Not sure how well all of them play on flash carts; if memory serves some of them seem to have issues with trying play certain games that had more advanced graphics, or something like that. Not sure what the SD2SNES one's capable of.

It does, thanks user.

sd2snes.de/blog/compatibility
For reference.

Never even played Mario World?
Goes without saying its a fantastic platformer.
Mario All-Stars as well but those are NES games
Donkey Kongs as well.
Earthworm Jim
I feel wired only suggesting the most common and loved platformers but they are all I can think of

Super Road Blaster

You better record this in action, dude I would like to see the boot menu and how fast or slow it boots the game from SD.
Seeing how (in)compatible it is with different games would also be nice.

emulators are shit

For menu and boot speed, go to the 8 min mark onward. I guess it'd depend on SD card used as well.

For incompats, see . No Super FX yet sadly.

Be good if I included the fucking video.

Nice

If you're talking about drakon he's always been a massive faggot, he's well know for 'modding' neses for rgb (basically shooting sticky loads of hot glue all over it and fucking it up horribly). I wouldn't get too bent out of shape about it. Before you do msu1 stuff you should check your board revision though, if you have a Rev g get bsnes msu1 hacks, otherwise use the ones packed for sd2snes (it had slightly lower volume but Rev g fixed it).

As for games I love actraiser. If you've never played super mario world of donkey Kong country you need to get on top of that.

youtu.be/-QMH-xp-WtI
Here's a link since I can't fucking embed

I think it's as close to aborting an nes you can get.

Just noticed him when looking for MSU1 things. Came off as a attention stunt. How do I check board revision?

I plan to play SMW, maybe grab a few hacks for it as well (grabbed the Cthulu one).

To check, unscrew your case and look at the board (or if you got a translucent one from krikzz or otherwise like I did just look inside). It should be on the front.

There's plenty of good rom hacks for super mario world but in my mind you can't beat the original so definitely play it before getting into that. Smwcentral has plenty of hacks but be careful of Kaizo ones that require save states and watch out for some that are using sa-1. My most recommended rom hack would be return to dinosaur land.

SNES is awesome if you're into platformers, and really good if you're into rpgs. There are a lot of fan translations available so you should look into those because that's a huge advantage of having a flash cart and not buying repros.

Also if you want the chrono trigger msu1 hack I can get that for you when I get home, but it's sd2snes packed. I need to find where I have the soundtrack again before I mod my Rev F.

Also, if you have a Rev F and know your way around a soldering iron you can do a mod to increase the msu volume and use bsnes packs. More info is available on a krikzz.com thread here

krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=5142.0

Super FX when.

I grabbed the translation of Star Ocean (also without the SDD1 need). Anything else worth grabbing RPG wise? Also got Front Mission. Is SRW on SNES?

Who knows. Ikari said he was going to get a good cheat system worked out and take a look at see states before he tried tackling superfx again. If you really want sfx games they're not that tough though, starfox is only $10, the doom port is shit, and Yoshi's Island is about $40 and then you've pretty much covered your bases.

SA-1 is a different story, Super Mario rpg is $50 or so, Kirby's Dream Land 3 is $80, and Kirby Super star is like $45.

For rpgs I would say, go for all of the final fantasies, and the dragon Quest ports are supposed to be good if you're into that series. There's a lot of good stuff, live a live, chaos seed, seiken densetsu 3, terranigma, and plenty more that I would need to check my SD card for. There's a breath of fire 2 retranslation that fixes the work from the original as well.

Donkey Kong Country, my nigga.

It just doesn't feel the same on and emulator which is wired, I tried to emulate the battle network games then bought a flashcard for my SP with every GBA game on it instead and that felt much better.

The SFC saw plenty of JRPGs, some of which are still untranslated. If you want a list of ones I know of, I'll see what I can do.

A quick check shows there having been four entries on the SFC. Not sure if any of them were fan translated.