What is subjectively the best Treasure game, Holla Forums?

What is subjectively the best Treasure game, Holla Forums?

easy

Ikaruga, also the best STG ever.

But Ikaruga is a shitty puzzle game, fam.

I think I would have liked RS more if the combo system let you switch colors.

What makes Ikaruga stand head and shoulders over other shoot 'em ups? Is it just the black-white mechanics, or does the scoring system also help it?

It's technically an indie shump since it was made by one guy.

Alien Soldier and Sin & Punishment.

/thread

Don't forget the sequel to Sin & Punishment.

I'd probably have to agree. Suganami's games except Gunstar Superheroes are Treasure's finest.

Shoutouts to Bangai-O though.

That's why I bought a 2DS, too bad Nintendo handhelds are uncomfortable to hold with your palms.

This.

Followed by Alien Soldier and Ikaruga.

Shake shake

Alien Soldier. I really wish it supported the 6 button controller, it could have used a few more buttons for actions. Also the weapon switching system was too slow for such a fast paced game. Aside from that it's pretty much the perfect sidescrolling action game.

Absolutely nothing, Treasure fanboys just know fuck all about actual arcade games.

I think it's probably this one but my only complaint with the game is it's too goddamn long to play in a single sitting and try to beat without dying like you might a traditional arcade experience. It's such a shame because I think it has a lot of great scoring ideas and it feels like they're wasted on it.

lol, no it wasn't, G.rev handled the graphics for the game.

Most one-man shmups are found in the doujin or freeware scene. He's one that blows Ikaruga out of the water for instance.

Dynamite Headdy.

this tbh fam

Clearly it's Rakugaki Showtime.

There is something pure about Gunstar Heroes that makes me go back to it far more than any other Treasure game. Simple, straight forward, perfection.

Treasure has made a lot of obscenely overrated games over the years but that turd is by far the worst. It's literally a Eurorun 'n' gun.

Fuck off autist.

Retard

After you shit eater. Gunstar Heroes is one of the worst run 'n' guns out there. It's full of bad design choices and ear-grating music.

I'm not defending the game, i don't even like it. But you are shitting on every post you have replied to in this thread, i think it's clear that you don't like Treasure games but you don't have to ruin this for everyone else, just fuck off.

But I like discussing video games.

not to mention it broke the curse associated with the franchise (3 prior Tetsuwan Atom games. All sucked. And Mega Man was originally an Atom game but they lost the license)

user, it's got some of the least ear grating music on the genesis
what are you even talking about

YA GOT A SECRET BONUS POINT

awww shit someone posted it allready

The only thing wrong with Gunstar is Dice Palace being kinda dumb. Everything else about the game is literally 10/10.

Kinda? It's the most tedious stage in any run 'n' gun.

The airship stage sucks ass too.

It's only tedious if you land on a restart block. The actual stages and bosses inside the Dice Palace are mostly fun.

We can discuss you being a retarded shiteater.

I feel like there's too much dead time between each chunk of action regardless of how lucky of unlucky you get because you constantly have to go back to the stupid board and roll the dice again. Many of the bosses/stages on the board are a little too gimmicky as well.

its called a shmup, weeb

remember when Treasure made games?

Honestly, it's because almost no one had a Saturn to play it on.

I'm still waiting for this to come out on steam.

Played it a few times on an emulator and got my ass handed to me in all of them in just a few minutes. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if RSG is considered Treasure's most difficult game.

Hope you like waiting for nothing. Treasure is in zombie status.

Your best bet is to buy a Saturn for $50 and swap trick that shit.

headdy

i want to shake shake Marina

SHAKE SHAKE!