Time travel games

So I was watching Prisoner Of Azkaban and I noticed two things when watching. 1) Hermione's a bitch. 2) It would be really cool to have a stealth game where the main focus was to change a certain point of a timeline without being detected. Getting alerted will result in you getting the worst ending, but you can go back in time to stop yourself from being alerted (though this will deplete your time travel gauge).

Also, I guess this is a time travel games thread. I actually wish there were more games that used time travel as a mechanic, but it's understandable why devs would avoid it, since time travel is a powder keg that may open up a lot of complications they don't want to deal with.

I feel like Timesplitters only did that creatively once where you traveled back in time to fight alongside yourself against a final boss. I could be misremembering though.

Also Braid is sorta time-travel. Shame that it's not that great of a game.

Don't forget Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

TL;DR

Ocarina of Time and the (superior) Majora's Mask

I wasn't happy with how this game handled time travel as a mechanic.

My negro. How could I've forgotten these?

You mean like Majora's Mask?

Oh, don't mind me, just posting one of the best out there.

Sauce?

Let me guess, PS3 exclusive?

steins;gate

Nintendo DS

My friends and I are in the pre-development stages of a game centered around time travel.

Actually, the dungeon designs were way better, but having to use time travel was more annoying than clever. Getting all the masks and having a bunch of sidequests was good though.

Everything in MM is better than OoT

I disagree. The dungeons were the worst part of that game. Only the Stone Tower was any good.

Post pics or it never happened

wew lad

We only have one picture so far, and it's concept art of one of the two villains.

Best answer.

Yeah because the boss battles in OoT were so much better
kek

Actually that's the example I was thinking of. Stone Temple was good, but I wasn't offended by the other dungeons. They were alright, just like the OoT dungeons. Granted, it's been a decade or more since I last played them so I don't remember as much.

It's little shit that adds up to me not liking it as much. It's still a fine game, and if you're not as bothered by those things as I am, I can see you preferring it to OoT.

While not Time Travel, this game takes place in 12 different time periods.

You can teleport next to the banker in seconds

Not using the goron mask

You're a fag, I can already tell

NO U

GAY

Go back to your cave, Rocky Balboa.

EVEN GAYER

They were decent, at least. Especially Ganondorf in OoT.

Odalwa, Goht, Twinmould, and Majora were a fucking joke.

Only Gyorg posed any semblance of a challenge. MM's bosses were dogshit.

You can do flips when you jump.
The game is automatically better.

that i can see as annoying but it think it adds to the over time travel experience.
can't you just play Epona's song?
or is waiting a few seconds your horse to show up too long for you.

there was a mission on a train I remember

You have to blow up the rocks if you want Epona before the 3rd day, user.

but once you get Epona's song once.
You can get Epona without needing to blowing up the rocks.

What? Well, it has been a decade since I last played, I thought playing Epona's song didn't do shit unless the rocks were blown up. Hmm.

I missed an opportunity to buy a used copy of this at half the price.
Now all shoppers know about its cult status and are selling it at full price.
I still have a save game where I've beaten the health and mana paths. I'm just missing the sanity path to get the true ending.

I don't want to hack my consoleā€¦

Tales of Phantasia deals with it. Though you don't exactly have freedom to travel to whenever like Chrono Trigger or other games and it only takes place within a span of 150 years, it is neat to see how the world changes, and the way that the party's actions are remembered into the future.

Where I live, the pricing has certainly gone up (it's about $40 used now), but it's still not horrendously expensive, the way stuff like Path of Radiance and Gotcha Force are.