Subnautica - Prepare for Comfy

Shit just updated with some home decorations and battery/cell recharges, and a few other things.

I wish this was multiplayer ;_;

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/kamakazi/seadragon
steamcommunity.com/games/264710/announcements/detail/692803749047953297
archive.is/GlhnT
doujin-moe.us/search?search=UnLove&sort=-created
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sweet, I'm still gonna wait until it gets a 1.0 release.

Also isn't it going to get MP eventually?

They plan to do multiplayer after it gets to 1.0.

Then we can actually fucking play the DEEP SEA dream game we always wanted.

Space Station 13 under the sea.

They need to work on add more giant underwater monsters. Ones that are so big they can swallow your submarine whole… no innuendo intended.

This is the way to go, if they make more spooky enemies and a nice dark biome, shit will get cash real fast

Oh sweet, another Terraria thread.

i still like you guys though

Been a bit skeptical on getting this game. I love deep sea stuff and exploring, but is this actually fun? Is it worth it?

Is this merely a better looking underwater themed minecraft?
Additionally hasn't this been in early access for 2-3 years?

I wish I could capture or kill this sea beasts and hang them as trophies.

Think of the mod possibilities

Pic related is the new Sea Dragon. In the game but not fully implement. It's fucking huge compared to the player. And it won't even be the biggest thing in the game.

Just pirate it. It's fun but it needs polish.

However, the new Biome they're adding next is the Lilypad one.

>>>/furry/

So is this game worth a pirate in it's current state? is there a lot of content? does it get stale quickly?

You should get a few hours out of it at least. It can be pretty spooky at times.

One thing I really hope for, is that the game doesn't fall into the same pratfall of minecraft, where once you have an established base, you just fucking chill because any sense of urgency or danger evaporates once you swim into your undersea bachelor pad where you can jerk off to the little mermaid all day.
There should always be a sense of encroaching danger, some things that will actively seek out your base and try to fuck it up, or tremors that rattle the supports for your domicile apart.

Every survival game except Terraria seems to have that problem.

Doesn't the Reaper follow your sub and attack your base?

Why is this blatant shilling allowed on Holla Forums?

You must get triggered when you see the catalog user

Why are you allowed on Holla Forums raging homosexual?

It's a mermaid Puritan Penny, stop being triggered by every little thing.

Terror has reached a new level

I could dig it.

I don't consider terraria a survival game. It's adventure, and it has building and crafting, but survival only comes into play when fighting monsters or falling into a caldera, but no actual survival aspects like say, The Forest.

I don't think anything ever attacks the base, but reapers do follow your sub and even steal your miniature sub.

God, that's going to be a nightmare.

I think the Sea Dragon and Sea Emperor will attack your bases. Although the Sea Emperor is supposed to be a neutral creature while the Dragon will hunt you down and fuck your corpse.

You aren't even trying. At least say that anyone who likes musclegirls is a fag or something.

How do I not be terrified by Subnautica?

As long as I remember I am scared of depths and every time I play the game I stay in the shallows, and the moment I go into an area with no visibility, or is just deep open, I just nope out.

Help cure my deepsea-phobia

That's what I'm saying, my dude.

Go out to the open ocean

It's fun trust me

When you go out into the real ocean it is fun, but I remember one time when I was younger there was a storm from New Zealand during Summer in Commiefornia. I swam super far out because I was pretty fit, but some weird mix currents and stuff the waves began to break super far out, and I was stuck in this giant wave zone. No game can really illustrate the terror in that moment, with your muscles slowly getting weaker, finally noticing that the water level is slowly going up your neck as your lungs feel like ice. Sometimes the ocean itself is scarier than whats in it.

Paddle boarding is fun too, very relaxing.

Don't Starve also has its own ways of keeping the player moving, in the seasons' mechanics and the seasonal bosses.

Bases of a certain size will basically spawn and aggro special giant monsters that will come to fuck your shit.

I never could get into this game. The idea seems neat as hell, but having to start over from the basic shit every time you die killed my motivation too hard

Don't worry, user, they've got Steam Workshop planned squarely and if you don't want DRM in your games you're just entitled :^)

Steam drm is a developer decision, you don't have to use their drm if you host a game with them.

If you really don't want to give a fuck about the permadeath there are mods that just make it so that the game doesn't delete your save file on death.

Thanks for letting us know, user.

Yeah but the devs are kind of cucked in the idea of "NO VIOLENCE!!! UNDERWATER GUNS R BAD!!! NO MONSTER HUNTING 4 U!!!"

The only actual weapon you get is the electric field on the Seamoth, and a tiny fuckin pocket knife.

The rest are "muh nonviolence" defensive tools.

It'd be cool as fuck if we could make like shock torpedoes from studying the Shocker Eels, or explosive torpedoes from capturing the little red Crash battery's, but nnnnnnnnnnooooooooo

It's called Thallassophobia. This game was actually great in helping me to get over mine.

Try playing creative mode and just swimming around observing the creatures.

Christ that deerclops scared the everliving shit out of me after I survived a winter. I didn't know that the game calculates the size of a base to determine if a deerclops spawns or not, I thought that was just an event after every winter.
I think I hate the treeguards more though, it is so much of a ball ache to have to constantly obtain planks and worry that a nearby tree just so happens to become a treeguard.
Also, protip: kiting the deerclops through a herd of beefalo is a terrible, terrible idea.

The permadeath makes survival that much more important, but there are the touchstones that will revive you in case you die, and you can always make a meat effigy to revive yourself it there are no touchstones.

I'm glad that out of all the early access games that go under this one managed to actually churn out content, I've been waiting for a deep sea game like this since I started playing vidya

Currently there is no endgame. You can putz around in the biggest submarine, but there is nothing to do because there is not currently any story and many biomes and fauna have not been added. The atmosphere and the initial exploration is what you'll get, but it's pretty decent for what it is. I'd say it's worth a pirate, but make sure you put the difficulty on the second lowest one, since the grind for food and water does not add anything.

The FoV is also about 70, ensuring that you'll never be able to get a good look around you to check for hostile fauna without spending four or five seconds spinning around in a slow circle. The UI also needs work - it's very clicky, and crafting more than one of anything is more of a hassle than it needs to be.

I will never for the life of me understand why the people who made Natural Selection 2 saw a school shooting and decided "you know, we could make an underwater survival game starring Some Brown Dude to really teach people about how evil guns are."

All I wanted was a way to defend myself from the fucking sandsharks or to prevent the piranhas from biting my ass off, but no.

I've always though Minecraft should have natural disasters that randomly wreck your shit. Lightning that starts raging bushfires, storms that flood your crops and wash away your sheep and destroy fences and buildings, earthquakes that open chasms, meteorites that randomly fucking nuke you from orbit.

This embed should help cure your phobia.

It makes sense that the people in charge of supplying schematics to escape pod autolathes would keep lethal weapons out of the list of approved objects. You wouldn't want the sole survivors of a spaceship crash to go completely insane and gun the rescue party down, and you sure as hell won't want to give them what they need to set up their own little militant commune in the ass end of the universe.

You have to remember that you're not really researching things yourself. Someone basically supplied a glorified lifeboat with its own mini-factory, and you're just running off what that mini-factory is programmed to make.

Last I heard they basically gave up on the idea for the short term. Since it would require them to redo a lot of the game from scratch they want to wait until it's complete before they even think about it.

Well shit, thats lame as fuck.
I was thinking that you could pull a deep sea MH.

Do you even understand how stupid your reasoning is? The purpose of a device like the life pod and the factory within it is to ensure the safety of the survivor. This isn't a catch-22 political statement, this is basic engineering: your survivor may have to defend himself from predators, so give him the ability to defend himself.

This would happen if they didn't fix fire spread.
This can kinda be done with the local weather mod, where a big fucking tornado spawns and rips up your base and all your animals are sucked into the air, configs allow for setting what can be torn up as well.
Enviromine does this, it also adds physics so cave-ins happen, natural gas that ignites, smoke from fires that causes blindness and suffocation, gravel and sand spread like a landslide and snow accumulates until there's an avalanche. Also coal veins will catch fire if near torches.
Two mods do this, one has huge fucking meteors that composed of fantasy shit and occasionally spawn alien cats/creepers.
The other mod has meteors made of any registered ores, including stuff from the nether. It's made by an autistic furfag though, whose mods all phone home, and is basically a cunt who says any performance issues are not their problem.

The stasis gun was evidently all they felt was needed. From a purely defensive standpoint it is. You can stun and run from anything in the game.

However this ocean is filled with creatures that wish to kill me and consume my entrails for sustenance. I wish to return the favor.

The people in charge probably didn't expect for there to be fearless car-sized anomalocaridids roaming around the crash site, and only expected for the most dangerous life forms around to be easily dealt with using a stun gun and some torches.

Really, if you want weapons, I think it'd be better to either go the way of improvised weapons jury-rigged out of already-existing inventions. It'd form a nice dichotomy between the time where your guy is just relying on the shit the company provides him and the time where your guy goes full Robinson Crusoe and becomes King Of The Horrible Sea Monsters.

The only other defensive equipment i can think of would be a you could put in would be a harpoon-gun or spear which could help the player catch smaller fish for nutrition and act as a deterrent for larger predators

But would the Harpoon break game balance that is the question!?!.

Maybe unlock it later on? Or you could have limited uses for the gun itself

Nah. Blood in the water attracts progressively larger predators. Spear a sandshark and some bonesharks show up. Kill the bonesharks and in comes a reaper.

Listen to this
soundcloud.com/kamakazi/seadragon

Is the performance fucking abysmal for anyone else?

Nope, thankfully not.

So, since we have flying creatures now, what other animals would you like to see? Personally I'm rooting for a giant carnivorus bird that would try to hunt you down and swoop you up into the sky

Going full Magaiver, improvising weapons out of common shit to defend yourself would be very awesome.
ex: combining propulsion schematics with something to make explosives to create makeshift torpedos to defend against big monsters.

The balance would be simple, that you will need to sacrifice base components to make infrastructure or miscellaneous to make weapons and ammo.

If its mostly for small shit and scare away mid foes, i doubt. If you dont turn into deep sea Rambo, there is no problem.
Harpoon would be a nice stungun upgrade for the moments when shit cant be resolved.

Thats a nice balance by itself. Like a wanted level or similar to zombie survival games but without going retard like that one space game i forgot the name.

I think you mean FULL AWESOME!

No Man's Sky™ will Revolutionize and Revitalize (R&R) the Sandbox Genre as you know it! It's like Minecraft™ IN SPACE, but without any of that boring building getting in the way of AWESOME! exploration!

See that planet?

You can go there

I like how game is improving with every update. Not much, but progress is visible. However, many things they add in updates makes me think "why didn't they do it earlier?" Like lead for instance, before previous update you had to dismantle battaries to get it. Or respawning wildlife.
>fish goes extinct because of a single human and a leaking reactor, but shhh

What I would like to see is more playable characters. Or at least something else that we've. Even a different haircut will do. But what I really want playable female character, especially since you can see your lower body.

I got a visit

Did he give your base a hug?

He tried to break through the glass.

The Electro-Shock thing on the Seamoth works wonders if you need to get those things away

Did it actually do any damage to the base?

He took a swipe at it and I heard the collision sound, but unsure if he actually did anything to it.

You spawned him in, didn't you?

Nope.

Encountered it near the floating island and it followed me back

Who is that semen demon

No idea, but I got some more.

I should probably reinstall it and give it another try. I pirated it a few months ago and there didn't seem like a whole lot to do, so I just kind of fucked around for a little while and made a tiny little tube base and than swam around until I got eaten by some big, retarded looking barracuda thing.

Fuck, that's well over 1200 meters distance IIRC.

To be fair, I spawned it over by the islands because I didn't want it to get stuck in the shallows.

It didn't care.

Not really, i dont think the game is even about DEEP sea, more like couple hundred meters at most.

You haven't been down past 5000 meters then

Jeez is there anything even down there?

Nothing but horrifying sounds and darkness

Yeah, a way out.

Isn't that already made? That sub game someone made threads about on here?
Looks comfy as fuck though.

Is anyone able to upload the game to the vola?

Otherwise I'll just buy it later.

yeh, this one is more like that space game that I forgot the name of

3 dees isn't anything like SS13

The only solution is to use VR goggles

Good, I'll probably buy it when they have 5 or 6 gigantic monsters roaming around, though I'd like there to be more.

Fuckin pathetic

I wish this game were completely released with multiplayer. It looks so damned comfy. And I'd imagine it'd be great to play with other people too.

But it's still in early access. But at least it's making progress.

Not buying it until I can go deep sea diving with friends. It's simply just not going to be as fun without.

Did they really not include guns because they think video games cause violence now after a shooting?

To be fair it's not completely sandbox to be only enjoyable with friends, it's gonna have a game-wide questline (that currently stops at fixing up the radiation from the ship last time I played)

Though stuff like pic related is apparently going to "tie to the story in an important way", if a dev's post on the forums from half a year ago is to be trusted

Isn't multiplayer planned? Cause if not you just ruined my life.

Am I the only one who thinks all the designs in this game look like shit?

When they revealed the first concept art I was really excited because the environments looked really alien interesting and the fauna actually looked like alien sea like.

But then the alpha came out and they dropped all that for this shitty cartoon aesthetic.
most of the sea life other than the basic fish are just lazy, half assed designs like "its a barracuda BUT WITH TWO EXTRA EYES, WOW ALIEN HUH!", "ITS A CROCODILE WITH A MERMAID TAIL!" and "ITS A CROCODILE, WITH TENTACLES ON ITS ASS" and worst of all "its a crab, but shaped like an octopus, WOW SO ORIGINAL!"

Their first announcements talked about how they wanted all the life to look unique and actually feel like it had evolved independently but instead almost you can pick almost every creature as being a funny looking earth crustacean or fish or mollusc with the rare exception of things like the reef back or sand shark which actually look like unique families of life.

They also said they wanted the animals to look like they actually evolved unique and believable ways of surviving independent from earth but what did we get?
Stupidly placed groups of tentacles that serve no function, tetrapod limbs on creatures from a planet with no land and most predators that are earth fish with a gimmick to make them seem different.
Compare the actual game to this concept art.

The whole look of the game is just so disappointing, it doesn't feel like an alien ocean at all, just a really shitty looking "wacky" earth.

I'd say it's got a good foundation for an attempt at a 3D Spacestation 13 game.

Make bases a little more destroyable, they can already flood with cracks. Add fauna threats that can invade the base, make the ocean deeper overall, professions, give antag goals, multiplayer, and we got a good game.

Honestly it's a pretty cool game from what I've played of an earlier version, but I think they're doing themselves a great disservice by not making it multiplayer from the get-go.

Thanks I really appreciate it.

How the fuck did I forget my image

All that hype is just gonna lead you to disappointment user.

POST SUB INTERIORS

He just wants to hear some sick-dope meme rhymes.
Let him in.

Given how much harder it is to make your base in Subnautica than minecraft, this is an idea that only sounds good on paper. At the very least the safe shallows should remain just that forever, and building in the danger zone gets base hazards because clearly you're looking for trouble.

Guess what I found?

Underwater River Biome is dug out, mostly, and goes on for fucking ever. Nothing in it 'cept Mr. Bones, and it had enough ambient light up until it went absolute fucking dark as the tunnel kept going on, and I noped the fuck out of there because I'd rather not be lost in a fuck huge cavern system in pitch black.

Just got this game installed, but I can't seem to start it. Starting a new game takes me to the loading screen, then it freezes and crashes. Is there a fix for this?

No actually. They've explicitly stated that they do NOT think that video games cause violence or whatnot. That said, to paraphrase their words, they wanted to make a game that didn't have violent weaponry in it given the sheer number of games that do, as they felt like there is depressingly too much of that in our media in the midst of all the shootings going on in the US.

So if you want to be cheeky about it, basically it's not about "vidya games cause violence" alarmism, it's about "you all like guns too much" shaming. ;P

I'm just the messenger though. Not saying I agree or disagree with their decision here. I am in fact quite neutral. The game is what it is.

Kill yourself and shoot the faggots making these non-games. They left NS2 unfinished and this pile of nigger shit will be the same. Fucking deep sea comfy faggots will eat up any shit that looks pretty enough.

that is a really accurate description I'm just glad they delayed it so I have more time to pre-oreder for the bonus GAMESTOP™ EXCLUSIVE: adventure bundle! I've PRE-ORDERED my copy of No Man's Sky™ for the Playstation 4™ after reading this post!

I think it's just the repetitiveness. I find the bone shark and leviathan to be really cool. The jellyfish thing and the stalker are meh, but seeing them so much makes them boring. The giant floating reef things are also cool, I just think that it needs to be more populated.

chill out bruv.

Oh jeeze oh fuck
This shit scares me endlessly, I don't think I can play this shit

The whimsical, cartoon-like aesthetic is both easy to create, and extremely appealing to those looking for a "comfy" game, rather than a gritty, ultra-realistic approach to creature and world design which would probably run like shit because it's made with Unity.

Thank you Todd Ayylmaoward.

It already runs like shit for me

I think that the game would benefit from randomly/procedural generated elements. I love some of the hand crafted areas, but if you had say, hand crafted areas between randomly generated ones, it would improve the game a lot by reducing the amount you know going into a new game. I really like the gameplay and the world, so limiting the replayability by making everything static is a major negative for me.

This game is fucking fantastic with a vive. There's still some terrible bugs that occasionally render it unplayable until you restart, but when it's working it's VR as fuck.

I have no idea what the monsters are called, but those huge roaring snakey grabbers that swim around the Auroroa almost gave me a fucking heart attack when I looked over my shoulder just as one rammed me from behind.

FULL RELEASE WHEN!? I hate early access games, but love deep sea.

A year or two away still, at a guess, just going by their weird dev blog picturebook thing.

is survival mode still horrendous? i mean, i like having to manage my food/water/oxygen because otherwise there isn't really an arc to the game but when i last played it the hunger, thirst and battery power drain was fucking insane. like, you'd go and gather some food and water, and by the time you got back you'd be so hungry and thirsty you'd have to use the things you just gathered then go do it again. and the seamoth drained so much battery power it was more of a liability than anything

you never had the chance to get ahead and actually enjoy the game, it was just enough to survive, no more. i want to earn a sweet base on the sea floor and a banging' cyclops sub, not spawn it in creative mode, but i just wasn't gud enough to make it happen in survival

I'm actually curious about this too. Water was never an issue, but I managed to depopulate the entire area around my base hunting for food, and rarely used anything related to batteries cause you had to build a new goddamn cell everytime it ran out (though the cell charger seems to have solved this)

Being able to kill things would make the game boring as shit, underwater Monster Hunter in first person simply wouldn't work and would devolve into faggot railroaded fights and the sense of danger completely collapsing.
This ending as a survival game with horror elements is the way to go

I was looking at the steam page and it seems like an update last month added in regenerating animals.
steamcommunity.com/games/264710/announcements/detail/692803749047953297

Just build two large aquariums. Breed peepers in one, and airsacks in the other. Before you get the aquariums up, don't do dedicated hunting trips. Food decays too fast for it to be worth it, and salt isn't common enough to stockpile food until you've got desalination machines. Instead, pick up a of couple fish on every trip while you do other stuff.

Looks pretty comfy.

Anyone know of a torrent with the latest update?

Make the still suit and drink your own sweat/pee. Eat raw fish on the go, cook peepers. Later on you get fins that recharge tools and slow the drain on the power glider.

No matter how you think of this, it's concerning.
He's either saying bullshit, to cover up there are 50 ish kinds of planets and they just change slightly from each other, or they are terribly randomized, meaning a very shallow boring and buggy game experience.

It also means that 99% of the planets will be completely pointless, if he's correct.

Well, it's all procedural crap, right? So all of those planets are just expressions of an algorithm with a few hundred variables at the very most.
So there aren't billions of planets, there's just billions of data points created by shuffling up ~100 planets.

Since they're not hand crafted, they're all pointless by definition.

It kinda sucks that the player's skin is so horribly burnt.

It's not burnt, his skin just produced an over abundance of melanin as a result from the rapid exposure of high levels of radiation. Like years worth of full body tans instantaneously.

FUCKING NOPE
welp, i guess tis back to watching faggotplier play this shit

The dragon's probably jewish and figured out you're from naziland.

Tell me you're joking.

Hes cute and im a giant faggot.

Yeah, but if 99% of the planets won't be visited, that means that the time and effort spent to write the algorithm that generated those planets would have been better spent designing fewer, actually interesting planets that are going to be visited.

Well you got one thing right.
You are a giant faggot.
BOOPER DOOPER

You have a fundamental misunderstanding here

(czech'd)

It has "billions of planets" in the same way Borderlands has "billions of guns".

You won't find 99% of possible variations of guns in Borderlands, because a Jakob's Sniper Rifle with 1023 damage, 6 shots, 98.1% accuracy and 2.2 fire rate is a "different gun" from a Jakob's Sniper Rifle with 1023 damage, 6 shots, 98.2% accuracy and 2.2 fire rate.

And you won't find 99% of planets in NMS because a Desert planet with the spindly mountain structures, yellow and green dinosaurs, tiny bodies of water and small trees is a "different planet" from the Desert planet with the spindly mountain structures, yellow and blue dinosaurs, tiny bodies of water and small trees.

Procedural generation could never be any other way. Either they hand-craft a bunch of planets and shrink the scope of the game (never going to happen), or they add as many variables to the procedural gen as possible and get millions planets which, while having tons of overlap, will appear to the uninitiated as full of variety and massive in scope.

Woo, slightly misleading marketing claims!

I'm gonna stay away from the game for like half a year.

Kills the magic playing on Exp.

I sincerely hope they make the deep more interesting/important for progression to late game. Now besides some mats, going deep isn't necessary.

I also hope for more biomes

It may actually turn out okay with mods. I'll definitely give it a pirate.

archive.is/GlhnT

Relevant bit:

It's okay, you were born just in time for VR waifus.

isnt that his friend Jack's catchphrase?

I think I'd actually die of when if I played this in VR. Started playing last night and those biters in the caves scare the shit out of me every time they get me. The stalkers that you're talking about don't scare me quite as bad because I hear them roar so I know they're around but the biters just sneak up on me and all of a sudden they're chowing on my face.

die of one if I played this in VR*

maybe but markiplier said it in the disney commercial he was in, which I didn't save the webm of because it's bad enough having it taint the volatile memory of my computer

The blend of tension/discomfort and exploration is fucking godtier, going anywhere near the wrecked ship tied my stomach in knots. Was also where I encountered my first one of those red dragon things, damn near tore my seamoth apart.

I really hope this woman managed to survive to the timeframe of the game. Hopefully with her sanity intact.

I seem to have made the stalkers go extinct and now I need their teeth for the Cyclops. Not good. At least I found a couple eggs of theirs so now I'll try to breed them and get their teeth that way.

Watching them play fetch with the same piece of scrap is cute! CUTE!

I thought respawning of killed creatures was implemented two updates ago.

Well I haven't seen a stalker in any of three kelp biomes in more than five in game days. Small fish definitely respawn but it feels like larger predators don't.

The stalkers next to the kelp at my base must have died out since I tended to ram the shit out of them with my Seamoth.

Repopulated them after learning a bit of scrap can be quite useful to getting their teeth.

What an odd choice of picture for the feature announcement, if that's the case.

Not sure what to say but I'm just going off what I see in game. I definitely don't have an old build as I have the battery rechargers and bought it on Steam.

I'm not doubting you here, this game is full of oddities anyway. I never conducted a stalker genocide either, since they're fairly easy to just scare away. Maybe find another spot ? Their territory is quite large and you can farm the teeth of them by dropping metal salvage where they are.

I looked pretty thoroughly to try to find any and couldn't. Its why I'm resorting to raising their eggs I had. I was fortunate that I had been working on a collection of eggs in a locker as I was aiming for 2 of each animal so I could start an aquarium base on an island.

Thank god the sea dragon isn't as big as this thing

please tell me it's extinct too.

Did you explore at the end of the tunnel where it goes pitch black?

I noped the fuck out of there, because I'd get lost immediately if I didn't have a navmarker buoy.

It actually dead ends with a flat wall for me, I'm using the steam version so I'm assuming the devs haven't finished the area yet.

Also it goes pitch black when you go into the blood vine canyon. Which biome did you enter from?

Blood Vine canyon where the wreck is.

I know of that flat wall you spoke of, but if you keep going past Mr. Bones it either exits out a different way from where I entered, or simply continues on in complete blackness.

I checked the forums and the player base is even more opposed to weapons like spears than the dev. Which is weird since you can already kill stalkers, biters, and sand sharks with the point defense system.

Guess they all a bunch of pussies that don't like fun.

I fixed my stalker teeth problem.

I've found jelly rays are a very efficient source of bio fuel…probably too efficient.

did you dig that out by building or with the terraformer?

terraformer, made a sealed off cave, cleared enough room to put a connector going inside, then sealed up around it as much as I could without dirt going through the wall. Add stalkers and one hunk of metal and you have a teeth farm.

shame the terraformer is supposed to be removed by 1.0 wonder how you'd do it after.

Yeah, supposedly its being removed in the next update. I'm hopeful that either they'll leave a command in to spawn one or someone will mod it back in since they said they'll be mod-friendly. Its dumb that they're removing it since there's really not that many uses for it to start with unless you get creative, its not like its overpowered.

I know what you mean I've pretty much hit that point. But the way the devs have forced you to leave base is working well enough. You want better gear you gotta go deeper and maybe even set up forward bases to make exploring those areas easier. Once the sea dragon is in trying to explore for better stuff is gonna get a lot more dangerous since atm an electric pulse seamoth will protect you from everything in the game.

Literally the only good minecraft clone aside from Fallout 4.

uh oh

doujin-moe.us/search?search=UnLove&sort=-created

FUCK OFF FOUR EYES, YOU NERD

I'm reading the roadmap and it says under june exterior and interior gun emplacements, this is along with stuff attacking your base so I don't think the devs are going to stay away from weapons. We did just get torpedo launchers after all.

Sure.
But the thing that killed it isn't.

Wait, I've heard about this game but reading this thread, you can't kill anything in the sea? What the fuck?

You can kill things, but the only lethal weapons you have are the various knives. Any larger weapon simply immobilizes or repels creatures.

So you can harvest them for resources etc.?

Most anything that isn't a food fish doesn't give resources at all.

I see. Any idea if there's torrents out for this to try out on my toaster?

I get mine from kat whenever I feel like checking out the new version.

Oh, and last I tried it, it wasn't very toaster friendly.

How toaster are we talking ? If it's notebook levels you can forget it, but 4GB ram and middling GPU can make it playable with intermittent loading spikes.

I played it on a GTX 240 without problems

I mean it was ages ago, but I can't see why would it require more now.

На мармышку его лови!

BASE INVADING MOBS CONFIRMED

Isn't multiplayer eventually planned? It could be for invading players, instead.

SS13 was originally supposed to be a deep sea base, until the creator decided that he liked the title "Space Station 13" better than "Deeps Sea Station 13".
The code is still in there, so it wouldn't be hard at all to make it a Deep Sea survival game.

t.SeaMoth

Do you have a large aquarium in your base? I got one and I'm pretty sure it completely killed off all the local wildlife.

Either that or I just accidentally ran them over with the seamoth and that doesn't count as killing them somehow.

DEEP SPACE > DEEP SEA

I think building a base scares off small fish and stuff naturally, same with the lifepod.

It might also be as you mine up resources less small fish will spawn around them.

That or the game only allows X creatures in a certain radius and a full tank hits that limit.

I bet you thought the cyclops was safe

It is invincible above 500 ft

for now

and yeah I know about the sea dragon and emperor. Someone on the wiki suggested whatever that skeleton is would come up and eat you if you tried to leave the map via the void but I think the devs will just have the game spawn a bunch of sea dragons instead.

*500meters

Fuck this game, why did you guys have to make me reinstall it. I've been playing it nonstop all day. The new shit is great. Fuckin moonpool is awesome.

it deals a max of 40% hull dmg to the seamoth each time it grabs on so if you stayed inside you probably would've survived.

I love Subnautica, I love UWE.

But I can't fucking stand the game's engine.

Every time I play, the sound fucks up. It sounds like someone's crinkling a candy bar wrapper in my ears, the sound limit is like 5, and everything pops in constantly. It's not like I'm messing with the settings to put the graphics over maximum, there are just MASSIVE holes in the geometry and huge pop-in problems.

Wake me when they're fixed.

I'm a horrible driver, my seamoth is constantly at low health. I was fucked
I named it Bumper Car for a reason

I think you're both wrong as my base wasn't really near the stalkers and the sand sharks around my base didn't go away till I killed them.

Get the upgrade module and the collision upgrade

Also git gud with quick welding it

I didn't know what the fuck crash powder or magnesium was until I looked it up on the wiki so I couldn't repair my seamoth for the longest time.

Everything was different from the last time I played almost a year ago

Now I've got a max upgraded seamoth and I'm blasting reapers with torpedos. Cyclops parts are a pain in the ass to find though, so I guess i'm stuck with the Bumper Car for a while. Also holy shit, radar is the coolest and most useful thing In the game.

Seamoth with defense systems is better than the Cyclops anyways as it has higher mobility and you can angle it to better search for things.

Holy fuck. This game looks great. No cash to play it and this isn't finished

Does the collision upgrade actually do anything? Last time I got the upgrade it did jack shit. Every little bump damages the fucking thing, even running into spadefish and biters hurt it.

looks fun and comfy, kinda like a safer space engineers

how grindy is it?

Grindy as fuck if you want a large seabase with any windows.

Not that bad otherwise, as long as you have some idea of where to find what, which if you want to count as grindy then it's kind of a bitch.

Oh hey, another unfinished / boring early access game with potential realized never ever.

stop shilling until you're done with your game.

I'll wait for now then, gotta have multiplayer, and hopefully customization so I don't have to play as a greek

They really should make single windows cost one glass instead of two, since a fully windowed straight section costs 2 as well.

Hull and steering parts are in the mushroom forest and the engine in the mountains near the koosh biome.

I think the main problem is it's so damn hard to find enough quartz compared to the cost of everything with glass.

Titanium is found in packs of 4 pretty much everywhere, but if you need glass it's in a 1/2 drop that isn't very common.

I hope with the exosuit drill you can min large enough deposits to actually build up a fair amount of quartz, or if at some point the introduce naturally made glass around impact sites.

You need to go deeper. There is a crapton of quartz in the bloodkelp and grand reef zones.

Well the sea emperor is supposed to be passive or defensive since it plays a part of the story.

That sea dragon though, you go below 500m he'll snap yah in two.

Wonder if the sea dragon's insides will be a separate area you can actually move around in…before being slowly digested.

We need some defensive systems for the Cyclops.

Something like the Electro-Pulse the Seamoth can get

well the cyclops isn't as polished as the sea bases so it's probably going to get a full refit at somepoint. Can't even access my seamoth's storage addons while it's docked in it.

bump

The active lava zone is one scary place. Feels like I'm literally descending into hell.

The sea treaders are fucking silly for such a long-awaited mob.

Jeeze that would spuke me.

I can't manage to find it or the inactive lava zone.

My way of getting into it is going directly under the big floating island then going through the grand reef cave until you find it.

thanks, I'll try that

Looks like I was right around the floating island already, which direction do you head from there?

Any rule 34 for Subnautica?

Sorry, I couldn't give you the specifics. I just mark everything cool I stumble upon with beacons so I don't know any specific directions. Once you get to the grand reef just spam sonar while diving deeper until you find the entrance to a massive cave. There's several cave entrances too, any works.

Nevermind, found it. Thanks again for the tip about going straight down from the floating island. Driving the cyclops through the grand reef was a pain though, it need side mirrors or something.

This is some cold lava, there goes my idea of testing how much energy a thermal generator would give in the lava zone.

You have no idea
No fucking idea at all.

Wait for the Workshop, then nothing they do matters. I like the game so far but find it lame that the only way to kill a Reaper Leviathan is to play chicken, using the stasis rifle/seamouth and a bunch of knives. What's the fucking point of a futuristic 3D printer if you can't make weapons with it, jeeze!

Their response to people killing the leviathan was to nerf its aggro range and increase its hp. At this point you can swim on over to the Aurora on your own without even aggroing one as long as you aren't unlucky.

I don't get it, if they don't want these things dying anyway, why not just give them infinite hp?

I've been wondering the same thing. Was a weird choice to make.

they might want infighting from other monsters maybe?
although if this is the case they should have just made them immune to your weaponry and wrote it into the lore, like extremely hardened skin or something

They have actually added proper weapons. You can equip the seamoth with gas torpedoes that will kill most things short of a reaper with enough exposure. Problem is each one costs a gasback spore and those are a bitch to acquire in bulk.

Also remember: Interior/exterior turrets are planned.

I noticed that. I remember they used to be super good at following me, but the 2nd time I attempted to loot the loose crates, they barely followed me.

But like I said, with workshop support it won't matter in the long term. People are going to mod in weapons, and probably new enemies too. That'd be sweet.

That's actually cool. Probably gonna play again, next update. Perhaps what they mean by NO GUNS is they don't want conventional weaponry. (I mean obviously evident in the non-lethal options but you get what I'm saying).

Kinda like how you have the option to use a sword in Thief but the guards kick your ass so why the fuck would you when you have much better tools for getting past them?

That reminds me…

I'm pretty sure temperature isn't properly setup yet.

Am I part of a minority for wanting more of an atmospheric/thriller single player story game out of Subnautica instead of a co-op/PvP shoot it up survival? I've got Depth for underwater PvP.

reefbacks a cute

wait you can stack the tanks?

sweeeeeet

took me a moment.

Yeah when you stack the large rooms and put a tank in both of them they combine. Also if you only have a tank below the room the tank will become a glass floor for the room above. Pretty neat.

you have never known frustration like the frustration you'll feel when your sub is sinking, your crew is drowning, and multiple retards are saying "lol how this happen" CLOSE YOUR FUCKING DOORS YOU DUMB SHITS