Xbox Thread

Discuss vintage memes relating to its size.
Discuss what the best games are, and why they're Ninja Gaiden and Jet Set Radio Future.
Discuss why it has the best controller of all time.

Other urls found in this thread:

ngemu.com/threads/why-is-xbox-emulation-premature.132032/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Too bad with Microsoft it ruined Rare.

I dunno, Grabbed by the Ghoulies was a pretty solid title.

Why moonland bullshit like PS2 and PSP got working emulator, but console made by supposedly white men didn't?
Even unholy shit like Dreamcast, GC and Wii is emulated now, but not XBOX, what gives?

One of these days I need to dust off my XBox and finally beat GunValkyrie.

because xboxs are apparently easy to "softmod"

But I'm still stuck with native resolution and limited controller selection.
Point of emulation is muh HD and mapping controls on whatever you want.
And hopefully fps hacks to get proper 60 fps, when possible.

Currently playing Def Jam: FFNY
One of those games that had trophies/achievements before it was a thing
Except in this case they are locked into each character you make
And a bunch of them can be missed
And there's no saves slots to get back into a previous point
And some railroad you into playing a specific build and not fight but "explore" the stages
You miss it, you reset the entire story mode

Tough and annoying as fuck
But if we ignore those (they have no rewards) we found it's one of the best brawler/wrestling games there has been

It's a pleasure to play it on a modded Xbox directly from the HDD, the constant loadtimes become stupidly fast and the framerate is improved, something that stalled this game back in the PS2

Had more fun playing the demo of this than most full games.

ngemu.com/threads/why-is-xbox-emulation-premature.132032/

This needs to be stickied for every Xbox thread.

Did you also upgrade the IDE cable? You can get an 80-pin one for cheap and get a 3-5MB/s read/write speed boost. Really noticeable in games like San Andreas.

most of the nuances about the Xbox hardware are sorted out, major issue is polishing up and getting the performance optimized, and the last major obstacle is sorting out the Nvidia sound hardware. Otherwise, emulators are running games, just not ideally.

Don't believe anyone saying it's about there's a lack of interest. There's tons of interest, every time emulation is brought up, someone asks about it. The library is tremendous.

even some of the things outlined in this post are pretty outdated, the modding community sorted out the issues with the video encoders for example, Conexant supports everything, so just target that and it saves you a ton of trouble. Xcalibur and Focus aren't worth bothering with considering their issues. You may be happy to hear, many of these problems are solved today, and as soon as development picks up and some brute force just gets pushed onto it.

Softmodded i mean
Also kinda against opening the xbox, it's an unopened special edition
I know sooner or later i will have to open it, it has that nasty time bomb inside
But the original stickers, man

Which special edition is it?

It's the Nip Anniversary Edition, Skeleton Black
I always thought it was the 5th Anniversary but i'm now reading it's the first one, it was released in 2001
Shocking, taking into account i tested it with dirty scratched discs, and it smelled like dust (old closet smell)
I suppose it was thrown into a box and forgotten until i bought it because it works like a charm, thou it was used because it had old saves for nip games and the controller's sticks were clearly very used because they didn't have the reference points
Fucking japs do take care of their vidya

we always called the original Xbox controller (the fuckhuge one) "the sandwich". it was just something my friends and I did. you might say "hey hand me that sandwich" or "I'm not using the sandwich this round, I've had it all day".

drops in the river.

Sounds tremendous, but I do think you should crack it open. If anything, use a hair blower to peel off the stickers instead of puncturing them.

this was meant for you:

the duke fucking rules, I love that sproing of the triggers when you slide your fingers off the side. reminds me of the nes zapper.

I might actually specialize in that because i'm dead scared, still i don't know why, i won't resell it and the machine won't change, and i will do it due to the cock capacitor
Guess it's ol sentimentalism attacking me

I use a this tool at work to remove stickers from games and stuff at my job. All you do is heat the sticker, pick at the edges while heating underneath (it can get painfully hot) and eventually it'll come off cleanly. There's two stickers that conceal screws (on opposite sides of the console, you can feel them out) and 4 underneath the rubber feet.

Try to have a bit of a finger nail when you do it, something that can pick up a dime easily, this way picking at it is easier.

Sega Soccer Slam is also excellent.

no Jade Empire

did anyone like that game? Didn't it get a perfect score on IGN

I tried not to include games that were flat out better on other platforms like the bioware games were. I can give you the .psd if you want to add it yourself, the suggested box art resolution is 175x250, imagine font is used.

That's the same heatgun I got.

cheap as the dick at walmart, and it works excellently. good alternative for a hair dryer too.

Same as i do, but i use it for other things
Great for lighting big cigars

I have moved the entrails of old Xboxes, it's just that i dont know, muh seals
Also the 360 Slims, those are woman, they are never the same again once snapped open

Mine was 60 bucks, has temp control from hot to very fucking hot. Managed to melt parts of my phone when I was repairing the back of it. Gonna use it when I get around to making costumes.

I put a ridiculous amount of hours into that game. Such a fantastic piece of work.
The sequel really lacked the feel and fun, unfortunately.