Geoff Johns

Has this faggot ever written a single story that wasn't "ow the edge", "muh nostalgia goggles" or "extreme-fanboy-mode engage"?

He screwed Superboy so badly with his fanboy retcon that the character never recovered, wrecked the Flash mythos because of his hard-on for Barry Allen, endlessly tried to regress Superman every time the character made one step forward, does not get Batman whatsoever and irreversibly fucked the Green Lantern lore with his emotional spectrum bullshit.

I'm still making up my mind on his Aquaman run, but so far it just seems like endless Atlantis drama with frequent "human vs. atlantean side" angsting.

I like the color lanterns though.

The color spectrum stuff was dumb but I'd say that the crap he did with Hal Jordan and Sinestro and all those godawful events was much worse.

He brought back flat and boring Barry Allen when no one asked for it. He made Superman look like Christopher Reeve just for the sake of his nostalgia. He's a faggot.

I've heard that his earlier stuff is decent. And he did write for Marvel for a while, wrote the Avengers and did minis for The Vision and the Morlocks. But his JSA run starts off with shit like the death of the edgy 90's Fate. So it's hard not to think of him as someone who rivals even Brian Michael Bendis on the "not muh" writing scale

It's been a while since I picked up Johns' Avengers run but I remember it having many of his "edgy for the sake of edginess trademarks" like She-Hulk going nuts and trying to kill everyone towards the end.

His early DC stuff was pretty unremarkable but post-Green-Lantern is when it really all went to hell. Sinestro Corps' War, for example, was basically "ow the edge" mixed with copious amounts of "ow the stupid".

I haven't read too much of Johns' stuff, but I hate him solely based on Countdown to Infinite Crisis.

I think DC having to kill him off to satiate the Siegel family had a lot more to do with that than Johns making him half-Luthor

But the half-luthor thing was actually kinda neat

It made sense to me. I think they'd already retconned him so he was a half-human half-Kryptonian hybrid. Why have his human donor be any ordinary scientist? Why not Luthor?

Even tough he is not a good writer his hard on for the silver age shit make me give him a pass.

Good.Superboy should be young Superman or his son, clone superboy is worst superboy.
Because killing Barry to prove coie was "serious shit" was not bullshit, even if it helped wally grow
20+ years of sucking batmans dick in comics,tv,movies but Faggot Johns doesnt get batman, what a fucking tragedy.

Agree with superman and kinda agree with spectrum bullshit.His aquaman run was ok.

Incorrect.

Nah, post-Johns Superboy went from a somewhat cool, easy-going young hero into endlessly moping about his "evil" heritage. It was shit and directly led to Superboy's decline as an interesting hero.

I'm pretty sure they didn't. And why make it Luthor, even if? What does that add except gay undertones to Superman and Luthor and more angst to Superboy which nobody liked.

90's Superboy was one of the few redeeming parts of that era.

Barry was vanilla shit even back then and DC has no idea what the fuck to do with his character so they just gave him Wally's personality.

This shit is exactly why Batman's been so shit post-Morrison with Snyder and now King.

Firstly, Superboy only became moody nearer to Infinite Crisis and secondly, any writer after Johns could have easily reversed Johns' personality changes to Superboy. DC putting a moratorium on the character under threat of legal action by the Siegel family hurt the character much much more than anything Johns did to him
You're complaining and you don't even know the mythos

Geoff Johns is the definition of "fanboy in charge".

Hell, wasn't it established that Superboy's human DNA donor was Paul Westfield, the director of Cadmus?

Nah, Johns is alright in my book. Dudes got his issues and he's written his fair share of shit for sure, but i would argue he's still better than 90% of the writers currently working for the big two right now (which says more about the current state of comics than anything else). As others have stated most of his problems stem from him being a fanboy turned writer and bringing back Barry Allen was probably the worst thing he ever did imo.

Not even close. At least when Johns retcons something he tries to have it make some semblance of sense, Bendis does not give a fuck about anybody's continuity but his own and often times can't even be bothered to read or even look up what other writers did on a book before he did.

Is that from an old Wizard magazine?

Four words: Big Yellow Space Bug

You must've missed the whole part where Johns straight up "nope"d everything Kyle Rayner did. Then rewrote Kyle as a piss-poor lantern compared to the almighty Hal.

Hal created him.

Hal created all of the Rainbow Lantern entities.

Forgot image.

Because that's exactly the kind of shit Luthor would pull. He's egotistical enough to think he's the only one with the superior human DNA that could interface with Kryptonian DNA, or he specifically wanted to make a version of himself that could actually stand toe-to-toe with superman.

Not to mention that Project Cadmus had already cloned Luthor's body before.

I mean, say what you want about all of Johns' other shit but I will defend his Superboy retcon. It makes perfect sense and brings in intriguing duality to the character that otherwise would not have been there.

Fair enough,still think superboy being young Clark or Jon is a better idea that could have more payoff.
You mean a lighthearted character created in the silver age who never got a darker reboot like almost every other hero in the justice league(even hawkman got one) and was killed just when the modern age of comics was starting comes off as vanilla.Yeah,no fucking shit.Barry was killed to sell copies of coie.Luckily that made wally something more than a vanilla sidekick.
Meh,they brought him back to sell comics.Maybe they didnt know what to do with wally or at least Johns didnt know.Now since barry never got a proper introduction in the modern age nobody knows how to write him.I like the idea of barry being the main flash again but i dont want wally being throw away.
Batman is really not the main thing i worry about with dc.Snyder or King getting more power does sound shitty.

Wait, who are you refering to?

Maxwell Lord?

And Lex really wanted to make a baby with his super-husbandu.

The fuck are you talking about?

Luthor being the donor really never amounted to anything beyond Superboy angsting about it and occasional gay undertones which nobody asked for.

To be entirely honest I have a love some of the stuff he has done but I share in the hate for most of his stuff as well, I really liked his Flash Run and I liked JSA and the stuff in 52 relating to the Black Marvel Family

So you've completely forgotten the arc where Superboy, under post-hypnotic suggestion from Luthor, went mad and tried to take out all of his friends?

sadly, true. i saw the "barry returns" shit Johns did and he could have written the exact same fucking story
except if he'd done that it would have just been the previous Zoom arc he already wrote before.