Smash Bros. Thread - Preparing for CEO Edition

WUDD-UP IS UP FELLOW SMASHERS

WHOSE READY FOR CEO COMING UP!!!

Yo if you wanna play Melee net play just post your codes in the thread

NNID for smash 4

If you got any future mods for PM and skin mods for smash 4 post'em

If you have any gameplay and funny replays also post them in the thread.

Latest news from the recent Tournaments

GOML(Get On My Level)
Smash Bros Melee: Results

Smash 4 Results:
Canada saves

Comedic news

Question for the thread:

Placing bets who you think will win CEO?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/011ZrC5VgR0fFlrq6
forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=211531
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Post your stupid meme pics from Melee Hell or wherever already, that's the only reason I care about these threads. Preferably the new ones.

Also, tell the Americans to nut up and stop losing to the cucks.

Oh my god, what the fuck is this.
This is the stupidest shit ever.

Post that good OC faggots

You know what'd make Smash 5 great
If Kirby's Final Smash was the Robot complete with being able to still copy powers

got it.

That's all the good melee hell stuff I have.

Also, post mains.

Just got back into Sm4sh after ages, how are the new characters? I missed Ryu, Cloud and Bayo.
Also someone give me a new main, I want to autistically git gud with a random character

Pick Yoshi

You could go with ryu if you want to crazy street fighter combos on sheik.

Thanks guys, I'll pick Yoshi, and then get Ryu when I get the chance.
How about the others? I've heard people say Bayo is OP.

I don't speak nigger.

Shes still good. Its just Butthurt fags couldnt SDI out of her combos.

Theres some 1.1.6 combo videos

Anybody here play Rivals? They recently added a ranked mode and nerfed some but not all of the cheap shit. I think its fun to just stop paying attention and let instinct take over as I demolish Zetterburn kiddies.

Who'd they nerf?

Just shitter moves overall, for instance you now need to hold down B for a couple seconds on Absa to get the lightning charge to follow you and Wrastor's moves now actually have end lag.

Jiggs for all of them, all the time.

Ryu main here. I forgot my code I'll go look it up.

Code for what, infinite meter?

Never make threads again.
That's up in the air. Leffen is presumably going to go and defend his title, so he'll be the favorite to win after his performance at GOML.

My OC from the Hydra template thread.

I've training a Falco on the side in Melee recently. Having a blast dunking people.

First image was meant for

nvm i meant my Nnid Its Kingalexei

About time more Ryu mains start showing up

How did that The Gauntlet thing go?

Piss off

No_
You also messed up in the OP, Leffen beat Mango 3-1 to win GOML

==AH SHIT==

For that Bayo-main

Heres some combos after 1.1.6

So this was the idea I wanted to ask about in the previous thread. But really the only people that would be able to give good feedback on it would be Kirby fans (I've only played through Nightmare in Dream Land and Squeak Squad, hence why I'm asking others).

Do you think these are a good selection of tracks for these two stages? I basically had to look up each Kirby game's OST on YouTube to find picks for anything that wasn't a song from Kirby's Adventure/NMiD or already in Smash. Anything notable missing or anything superfluous I should drop? I tend to go overboard when choosing songs since I don't want to have some massive oversights.

For Butter Building, I was thinking of the Forest/Nature Area theme being a new remix since while the one in Smash 4 wasn't bad, I feel a grander remix would work better here, but maybe that's just me. Castle Lololo is paired with Super Star's Boss Battle theme (since Castle Lololo was remixed as a boss theme in Super Star Ultra), but that's because I'm not sure if it could hold it's own by itself. Not too sure about having Yogurt Yard there either.

And for Green Valley, Can't decide whether Floral Fields should be a remix or just the original. The original is great, but I couldn't help but wonder what a remix would sound like. Not sure if Over the Hills works as is or needs a remix either; seems a tiny bit bland as is. As for cuts, I feel I should definitely drop Peppermint Palace, since it doesn't really fit that well, but I'm not too sure about Patched Pathway; I sort of feel like I only added since Robobot just came out and felt obliged to have some music from it (actually didn't look up the whole OST for that one. Too many songs). Not sure if I should have Ripple Field here or on Butter Building instead.

NNID: MarkMann447
3DS FC: 0405-0160-9870

let me know when you wanna play

People that don't play with Mr. Saturns on high are gay
It is scientifically proven.

Shilling the smash discord from 2 threads ago
discord.gg/011ZrC5VgR0fFlrq6

How do I git gud against Cloud? He pisses me off to no end, what characters are good against him?

Fuck

THE DRINKING KING

Shilling this video. It generated some great drama.

Bretty gud.
Faster Melee was a pretty retarded idea.

How Its just saying the inputs and how much lag there is. That and speeding up the emulator

Beefy smash dudes just uploaded a new video

Fractured the netplay community, the guy asked for donations, made people join his Discord group just to get a download of it. General smashfag stuff, because apparently everyone in this fucking community with half an ounce of modding ability is either a narcissist or a sperg.

Just play mario and cape/fludd his recovery.

fuck this crap

Some interesting older tales of pot-splitting and the like. Makes me wonder how frustrating it was to be a newcomer in the 2004-2009 days and to see this sort of shit conspiring.

all this is pretty much proof a Project M successor will never come to be due to lazy ego modders and the fact PMDT could come in and say "SHUT IT DOWN" if it has some of what they had in their leaked build.

Man and I was looking forward to PM for Wii U.

Anyone?

Mario all the way

should've kept your expectations low, bud.

also a Hades model swap on Ganondorf.

With how much better the 3DS is understood than the Wii U is I'm honestly fucking baffled that there's been no effort put towards 3DS Sm4sh hacking whatsoever, matter of fact the only thing I can think of off the top of my head is an exceedingly elaborate and unstable method of getting to the Homebrew Launcher that only works if you've got Linux or an Android phone so you can pump out a hyper-specific kind of wifi signal for your 3DS to pick up and try to boot into a non-valid netgame with

I wonder if it's that you'd actually need to provide a build of the modified game rather than just a distributable package loaded from an SD card a la Project M, Pokemon hacks I'm aware of come as installable cias entirely on their own and function as their own games separate from X/Y/OR/AS for instance and probably the same would need to be true of potential 3DS Smash hacks.

if Sm4sh had an unpatched exploit like the stage stacker from Brawl, things would've been so much easier.

p-please respond

Aren't some people modding Smash 3DS to literally be Melee 2.0 by porting over mechanics? Not sure if the people working on that are as autistic as the guy making Reloaded, so I don't know if that's actually taking off.

Maybe when I get home

Yea I guess you're right.

At least Smash Flash 2 just announced native controller support, so there another thing to look forward to.

Nice

Anyone wanna attempt to do Smash 4 doubles? or 2 v2'

Amiibo's don't actually have a learning algorithm. They have preset intelligence.

It sucks that for glory has friendly fire turned off during 2v2 matches. The matches feel less fun when you can't pull off smash shenanigans in teams, and they're missing out on learning some basic strategies you can pull off with your partner.

Whose up to play some smash 4 Friendlies?

No I meant 2 v2 private battles

What are some good combo videos that don't use EDM?

Disclaimer: PGH Carroll isn't actually that good of a player.

But he's cool as fuck to watch

Forgot the vid

Obligatory

ow my autism

Mandatory

Please kill yourself

You can always edit it out with brawlbox

Hopefully he stays motivated to keep up his level of play we saw at Dreamhack and GOML.

Who's your favourite to win the whole thing? Hungrybox and M2K are the only gods in attendance, so maybe they'll meet in grand finals and M2K will finally overcome his fear of flying objects.

One day, there will be a C9 norwalk. One day.

On a slightly unrelated note, did anyone else see the smash brothers documentary? There was a lot of johns, dicksucking, and not giving credit where credit was due, but overall, I enjoyed it. It was interesting, even if a good chunk of the personal stuff like Isiah's waifu might have been partially fabricated.

What did you guys think?

Hug's too. Seems like more top players are getting sponsors.
Nah, Mango's confirmed that he's going but hasn't applied yet. Leffen will probably also go to defend his title too, but he's upset that only top 8 is Bo5 and may go to WTFox2 instead.

I want to see n0ne in top 8 again since he's confirmed. Maybe there'll even be a runback with M2K

You're like 3 years late, docbaby.
It's pretty good, but glosses some of the griminess during early west coast and post-MLG east coast >>9539759

Do you want n0ne to lose? If m2k stays away from smash 4, not even bestfalcon can touch him.

Plus, I like n0ne and all, but I'd like to see wizzy in more top 8s. That 4th got me really excited.

What do you mean? Lack of tournaments/activity?

A man can dream.
Me too, but n0ne's style appeals to me a lot more. Plus Canada bias.
Pot-splitting and bracket-fixing on the west while Ken and his older brother were running shit and during the "dark" days (2007-2009) on the east coast where no one really cared much about the game.

Oh yeah. I heard alot of grimy shit. Although I suppose thats more for the scar and toph show like in , or a topic that another top player may make a vid about on their channel .

I kind of want to see him and a bunch of other players not sign up on time and get put in a death pool like NCR did with SF5 a little while ago.

By grimness, I think he means griminess, or overall scummy tactics. From what I've heard, players would routinely throw matches so strong players could get matched up against weaker players from other regions and knock them out of contention for the money. Then again I'm a docbaby, too, so he may be referring to something else.

And fuck you n0ne is the best Falcon ever, just you wait.

Yeah, that's what I meant.

Eh. If we're talking balls out go for broke hot blooded beat your face in and then finish with a knee style, I prefer s2j.

is docbaby just the term used to refer to smashers who got their melee background info by watching samox's series?

Docbaby is a term to refer to people who know about the Smash and Melee scene because of the documentary, and who thus presumably get a lot of their history from it.

Which includes me, because I'm a total scrub spectator who can't even wavedash.

Oh. I suppose that means I'm not a docbaby. I got into the community through a friend of mine. I was about 6 months in before I saw the documentary.

Some numbers.

There must be SOMETHING for us to talk about.

We could talk about where's the Holla Forums net play build.

Ok then, let's have a debate. Should Smash have two games on EVO's main stage? Personally, I say _no.

too busy working on some stuff

Scar alluded to this on last night's show that he's working on something at Twitch that will change Melee somehow. "Melee HD" memes aside, it's likely that he's talking about Melee League/Circuit, further propelling Smash into "we eSports now" territory.

This is also important.

So long as they're both profitable, I don't see Mr. McRib dropping any of them any time soon. Smash 4 still has that new game hype (having broken 2k entrants so far) but Melee has had so many more interesting tourneys this year and still continues to grow in attendance (Genesis 3 almost matched EVO 2015).

I guess it depends on what EVO means to each person. I'm sure the organizers, having had shit like Injustice and Pokken onstage (and I think MKX as well), are perfectly fine with whatever new flavour of the month will make them the most money. As long as tr4sh is guaranteed to have a big turnout - which it is since it attracts devoted autists - then they'll be okay hosting it.

In terms of the viewer experience, I think EVO is meant to be one of the biggest tournaments of the year, where all sorts of fighting games can come together and chest pound about what makes them great. It's as much for the players as it is for the viewers, because it provides a good point for your average normalfag to start playing fighting games, or at least start learning about them if he wants to.

To that end, tr4sh should not be here because it's boring as shit to watch. I'd rather watch Brawl than tr4sh, honestly.

Does the game work on Loadiine ?
I heard it didn't and since it's 18Gb, I don't want to wate my time downloading if I can't play it.
Also, if it does work, is there already a way to add the DLC characters ?

Oh wow Lupe Fiasco is gunna challenge the fat Chiliean ZeRo at EVO at smash 4

This outta be good

Is this a salty suite or just trash talk for the bracket?

Also Theres talks of nerfing Ryu

WHY DOESN'T ANYONE LISTEN, DOMINO EFFECT

Is that guy gonna include a fuckton of mods like Project M EX? or nah

He seems like he will be. I recall he's adding three versions of Ganondorf (PM version, Brawl version with a sword-mode he can switch to, OoT-inspired version).

Ah, I hope he adds this one

forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=211531

Well the thing is Ryu is fucking nuts because he kill you so fast if you get caught into any of his combos that lead to true shoru, but still those fags need to learn the match up.

eugh

anyways, i think it's better apart or if smelly ol' Tr4sh is gone for good.

then again, what if NoA blocks Melee again in spite of that?

They probably will

It's difficult for Sm4sh players to comprehend a punish game that lasts more than 2 hits, hence why they got triggered by Ryu and Bayo.

I actually have been wondering that, with all the support that the Pokemon Company is giving to Pokken (official circuit with $100k in prizes), would Nintendo take down one or two Smashes from being in major FGC tournaments like EVO or CEO just to further or promote Pokken? I feel like they may have more faith in Pokemon than Smash with how profitable the long-running TCG and recent VGC tournaments have been for them.

Schedule for Smash N Splash 2

god fucking dammit. I want to see the falcons fuck up some spacies, not each other

Well that's contingent on n0ne losing to Duck. Problem with this projection is that Duck has a big losing record against S2J and Wizzrobe - he's not the best at the Falcon matchup. If n0ne beats Duck, all 3 have a change of making it into Top 8.

holy shit good eye, none got this!

its a good time to be a falcon main

fug.

can I cum in samus?

This is just the projected bracket. Although he may very well lose again though. Falcon vs Falco is a struggle, probably his hardest MU.

Triple R live on stream on EventHorizon's Twitch, putting work on Foxes in pools.

Also, I'm hanging out in the Mumble in Play Room A if anyone wants to come by and watch pools.

Wait, is they a stream going?

Link?

There are a million streams. I'm watching on www.twitch.tv/EventHorizon using Livestreamer.

This is why I like watching pools.

Thanks guys.

What a fucking shitshow.

Meh.

Was it Gimr?

Dakpo or Lz?

jesus jason, lay off the smash 4

Jesus your right he's like a tilt-a-whirl.

THE KING IS STILL HERE

goddammit wizzy. the homie stock must've fucked him mentally

I'm a little salty, but good shit to M2K.

Now Shroomed is gonna take n0ne like he took S2J. RIP the Falcon dream - killed by Sheiks.

Why that is a factor, did you notice that for the first time ever, m2k adjusted?

I noticed that in the last 3 games, he went for many more techchases, and could convert more. Before, he would go for the jab reset, and what ended up happening was wizzy sdi'd up and got out. m2k then went for more usmash and jab utilts off of techchases, and he started up kill combos.

Holy shit, do you guys realize what this means?
The robot just adjusted. If he carries this over to other tournaments, he might start beating the other gods again.

Never sleep on n0ne, user. He's a fucking canadian monster

Meant to say while

uh, nevermind sorry

you're probably right, good analysis, I wasn't paying too much attention after seeing my hopes and dreams slowly crushed

all 3 falcons dead in the water. motherfuck.

Am I psychic or what?
RIP.

M2K IS WARMING UP MARTH
HES HAPPY

fuck, spoke too soon

Then he played Sheik.
RIP

eh, as long as he doesn't fall apart like last time he fought zac, he should be good. Being up 3 stocks is a good sign

OH SHIT HERE IT IS

Hell yeah, motherfucker

Today is a good day

he already has won at this point cause fd

SFAT just got bodied by Happy m2k this is really making have faith in Jason again.

This might be the first time I've seen western dentist's fox work

Why is western dentist using fax instead of bird fax?

Because when bird fax fights adult aisha, he can't fly

Ooh that actually makes sense when I think about it.

tfw you will never be legitimately good no matter how much you want to be or practice

but worst of all
that ganon will never be viable. or d3. Or anyone fun, even.

Don't remind me.

He's got a bracket of Hungrybox and 3 Sheiks. Fox is definitely better vs Puff and Wes' bird is having a tough time vs Sheik (it's a pretty even match-up).

you won't be good with that attitude

I always seem to end up this way in games though, no matter how good I want to be. I still practice alot but it seems like i plateau in everything. It usually seems like it's just me getting as good, or slightly better than, my group of buddies, but never any better than that. It's kind of disheartening, honestly.

my preferred characters being Roy, Ganon, Corrin, Sheik, Falco, Ike (as a for fun char), and D3 (also for fun)

Welp there goes the western dentist.

E N E R G Y

Settle on one or two mains, play to learn as much as you can. If you're not JV3'ing your friends, you still have things to learn from them. Watch pros, see what they do good and learn from it and why its good.

also where you live fam, I wanna play some sm4sh

Corrin and Roy are my two mains, but i've kind of been picking up Falco to replace Roy.

Austin, TX. I'm a 3ds player though.

And it's only really two friends. One who enjoys the game and plays seriously, and another who doesn't care if he's good or not and just fucks around mostly with mii's.

I couldn't justify a non-handheld purchase. I wouldhave only used it for Sm4sh, if it was a TreeU. I have CFW and play MonHun (Gen) and Pokemons and shit on my 3ds.

i only really use my PC for gaming, honestly. The 3ds goes to classes with me and kills time while i'm not at home.

If you play PM and really push it, you could probably place well at locals. I know Fly Amanita took his d3 to apex top 8 and beat sethlon with it, and brandondorf and zeus got good results. If you mean smash 4, you're pretty much fucked. If you mean brawl, you're still pretty fucked.

What year is this?

Sm4sh. I used to play Brawl as a Wolf main. What's the matter, scared!? Too many MKs at tournaments i tried, so I quit when 4 came out.

I played PM and Melee for a while but it took a toll on me physically. I was a pretty decent ganon but I couldn't ever compete at a 'real' level due to sustained injuries.

666XX

nigga wat. Not to be rude or anything, but you played a floaty. Techskill isn't easy no matter what character, but it couldnt've been THAT bad.

My wrist got fractured 3 ways when i was younger and didn't heal properly
it's painful enough to actually hold a GC controller. I don't like it's layout to begin with but now it's physically painful

ah. That sucks fam. Can you press the back air button still?

If so, play jiggs. Thats literally all you have to do. You'll win locals.

to be completely honest i've not touched melee in years now and I'm kind of unwilling to go back due to rustiness and the fact it'll pretty much make me use a GC controller.

I mean, yeah i can do that but that's not really fulfilling. I want to be good, not cheese.

I'm honestly not sure what to tell you. I think GC is really the best way to go, but if its unhealthy then I don't know. What do you use anyway?

Post yfw m2k resets bracket against hbox

Is he just warming up for Hbox?

as i only really play sm4sh now, i use my 3ds.
when i played brawl i was using mote+Nunchuk it turned some heads, actually.

Fuck, Sad2King is here.

Congrats to Hungrybox.
Scar, your script is getting boring again.

wut

what the fuck is going on

20LL is becoming real.

Never mind I got too hyped

I almost had hope for Swedish after Game 2.
Almost. GGs.

Luigi is the new vs Puff meta, confirmed by Prince Abu.

Swedish is quite the savant. Surprised me with his Peach, now with his Luigi.

gimr doesnt go anywhere near PM, its poisonous to him

Oh i didn't know my b.