Wii U Homebrew General

*DEAD SYSTEM EDITION*

Wii U "homebrew" available on latest Firmware (5.5.1) New update will be launching TBD.

Go into Settings > Internet connection settings
Change DNS to Do Not Auto-Obtain
Change Primary DNS - 107.211.140.065
Change Sencoardy DNS - 0.0.0.0

Should allow Wii U to connect to internet while blocking updates.

If you're under 3.0.0, update to 3.0.0.
If you're on 3.0.0, stay there.
If you're on 3.0.1, update to 3.1.0.
If you're on 3.1.0, stay there.
If you're on 4.0.0, stay there.
If you're between 4.0.0 and 4.1.0, update to 4.1.0.
If you're on 4.1.0, stay there.
If you're on 5.0.0, stay there.
If you're on 5.1.0, stay there.
If you're between 5.1.0 and 5.3.2, update to 5.3.2.
If you're on 5.3.2, stay there.
If you're on 5.4.0, stay there.
If you're on 5.5.0, update to 5.5.1.
If you're on 5.5.1, stay there.

*NOTE: NO CHANCE OF BRICKING. YOU ARE NOT ACTUALLY INSTALLING ANYTHING TO YOUR SYSTEM.*
Download this: mega.nz/#!G5tVWQxQ!yOYo3km-hNo5JYnyGXvDK-ppt6MnjpQ7Gl02haexX-0
Then download this: github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/releases

Download and extract to root of SD card which should be formatted to FAT32, 64kb cluster, primary drive. Use miniwizard partition tool or something faggot. Replace the loadiine .elf in the first link with the latest version from the second link.

Pump it into your wiiu and open up the systems web browser. Delete history/cookies. Then go to "loadiine.ovh". Click the fucking submit button near the top of the page and let it do what it needs to do.

Load up loadiine. You have to do this every single time you reset the system. If you wish to just quit a game and load up another one you can do so by quitting the game and then booting into Mii Maker.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/ea1jsQ4V
pastebin.com/3ea5e5CJ
gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.396828/
mega.nz/#!gN1BzaZB!De7d3e283h49_-4vFxl1sz3cp68K2BcxOqZ9fh5CFZ0
gbatemp.net/threads/wiiu-vc-game-injection-working-on-5-3-2.395930/
pastebin.com/U5whGFCf
pastebin.com/CrimeU6Z
gbatemp.net/threads/loadiine-ovh-no-longer-loads-tubehax.429360/
gbatemp.net/threads/tubehax-dns-down-are-we-getting-updated.429356/
52.30.203.102/wiiuhax
github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/releases
gbatemp.net/threads/ddd-wiiu-title-dumper.418492/
wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Loadiine_compatibility_list
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

pastebin.com/ea1jsQ4V
This guide was written by another user. I haven't personally tried it.
Useful if you lose internet access for some reason or if loadiine.ovh ever goes offline.

pastebin.com/3ea5e5CJ
Features mega links and torrents, obviously not a complete library list.

gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.396828/
All your newfag questions already answered. If the OP is too complicated for you.

I don't normally make OP's so I'm shit at formatting. Just trying to help around here.

Software worth downloadan yet or do you expect me to brick my system with the promise of piracy EventuallyTM like that faggot smeal

PSA, if you have a wifi adapter for wii or wii u you can use that instead of tubehax dns, remove all wireless connections, and plug it out when you turn the system off and back in if you're going to play.

It may seem inconvienient, but going into the settings everytime you want an update for a game or access to the eShop is far more annoying.

Now, where the pirate links at?

Piracy is available now and it's literally impossible to brick your console with it.

I don't expect shit from illiterate dumbfucks.

So there's no cake and all you can offer me is frosting?
Fuck off until you can amuse me plebians.

What the fuck do you even want? Are you baiting? Piracy and mods is the only reason you would hack a console. We've got both.

How's HD loading coming along? Can I rip from Wii U disc to storage?

I want original software that I can't just buy. I'm an American Highschool grad, I make like $28 an hour.

SD only.

HDD loading never ever. Probably.

why even bother

Just needs to load the games off of external USB, just like the wii does. If it's possible on the Wii, its possible on the Wii U.

IOSU EXPLOIT NEVER EVER.

lrn2code

Last I heard someone was working on it, considering the accessibility of the exploit, it seems inevitable.

Linux on wiiU.

any emulators available on Wii U? SNES/N64 official emulator available to use?

Yes, give them all the shekels! You good goy!

kek

What does that have to do with anything?

I sure as fuck hope so.

I'm not poor or underaged enough to benefit from piracy.

piracy benefits everyone

Why are you even in this thread then?
Go make a steam thread or something.
Quit shitposting.

Or, OR, OR,

Listen, OR, you could, maybe, buy Japanese ports then play them on your hacked Wii U.
You won't have to pirate, and It'll give you a good reason to mod your system.
It's impossible to brick anyway, you won't be losing anything but time.

Hell, by the time I'm done typing this, you could have already done it.

Or alternatively I could just play them on my nip wii u.

Even better!
Whatever floats your boat.

Virtual Console injects on gamepad are pretty nice.

You're right though, the only Wii U title I've actually pirated was TPHD and I stopped before reaching the first dungeon because I remembered I fucking hated TP. Guess mine is fated to be a Splatoon machine.

Are virtual console injects easy to make? I want to inject the Mario 74 mod.

Here's the rom if anyone wants to try it
mega.nz/#!gN1BzaZB!De7d3e283h49_-4vFxl1sz3cp68K2BcxOqZ9fh5CFZ0

Anyone got a Fast Racing NEO link? The one I downloaded takes forever to load anything. Can't be fucked to wait 30 minutes for one 2-3 minute race.

gbatemp.net/threads/wiiu-vc-game-injection-working-on-5-3-2.395930/

I downloaded Hyrule warriors and an update, how do I use the update? I made an update folder inside the hyrule warriors folder but loadiine still says

The update folder needs to be named "updates" with the "s" at the end.

update has to be decrypted
you have to be using a gx2 0.3 nightly version
put all those updates inside yet another folder and name it new or 1 or latest and it'll probably show up

The v128 folder can be named whatever the fuck you want.

Also what user said

I wish fucking One Piece Unlimited World Red worked on Loadiine. I have it pirated on 3DS, but I'd rather play it in HD.I can't just buy it either since systems are region locked & the shopping results are all from Japan or Europe. Nor do I know what update is on it so even if I got it I might get pushed past firmware 5.3.2.

May as well look into softmodding a goddamn PS3. If they're willing to do cross platform releases why don't they just put this shit on PC?

PC releases have extremely mixed reception and it's hard to gauge interest, plus the amount of time taken to make a decent port.

They ported that One Piece Pirate Warriors musou game. So it's not like the IP never touched a PC.

are there any other wii u games that specifically require controllers that don't belong on this system?

I get mad when games demand player 2 to use the Wii U Pro controller rather than the 25 other controller options that are available. It's bullshit. With all the fucking controller options for this system, why are you held down to only 1-2 control types?

Yo, could someone post the DS game mega link?

It's been taken down.

I just wanted some pokeymans . . .

is there a way to use USB controllers yet? i wanna use my ps2 controller hub to play smash with some fam seeing as wii controllers are expensive as their fucking games.

*use usb controllers with loadiine games
fuck

Did that ever happen for the Wii?

I think you could do it if playing Gamecube games via Nintendont, never tried it personally though.

You can play with any regular controller (so no DK bongo/ps move shit) from most systems in Nintendont (Gamecube game loader for Wii/WiiU)

The mega links in that game list are unavailable.

I don't own a WiiU. Why is the update schema so convoluted?

I sure wish I didn't already own fucking every worthwhile single player game for it.

Must have just moved/deleted them today. Were fine yesterday.

pastebin.com/U5whGFCf
pastebin.com/CrimeU6Z

Here's some pastebins with all working links.

Idk, I just copy/paste what other people say.

I'm sure if you cared you could find something else to play. If you hate it you can at least shitpost from experience for a change.

So, Toad Treasure Tracker gives me a black screen, I tried to rename it with the [AKBP01] but it didn't work, and Pokken is the only game with no cover and is named "Pokk_n Tournament" and doesn't even load.
What should I do ?

Do you think we could see 3DS games on WiiU ?
That being from Nintendo or a kind of emulator, I heard both systems worked pretty much the same way and it wouldn't be that hard to use 3DS assets on WiiU, but I don't know about full games.

While this is a cool concept, it shouldn't be too hard to have USB loading. Disc loading would be difficult though.

Okay so I'm getting the error code 112-1006 and I can't connect to the Internet, BUT to fix that I have to mess with the dns settings to be able to connect to the Internet which means I won't be blocking updates anymore

What do

Exact same thing here, I was just about to make a post about it.

coincidence?

No.

gbatemp.net/threads/loadiine-ovh-no-longer-loads-tubehax.429360/

gbatemp.net/threads/tubehax-dns-down-are-we-getting-updated.429356/

Question:
Can you run Dolphin on Nintendo consoles?

thanks someone in the thread posted another dns

you da man

Here is the DNS to use if Tubehax is down.

52.30.203.102/wiiuhax

Is there any reason why I can't use this one instead of tubehax entirely? Should I put that in the future OP's instead or put them both?

>github.com/dimok789/loadiine_gx2/releases
where are the home and www folders supposed to go?

In the trash bin. Only the .elf file is needed.

Just realized I didn't even say what to do with it in the OP. Shit.

Ty nigga

so, having put those in the same folder where the elf replacement goes, hitting submit gets me "FSGetMountSourceFailed"

before that i tried to go without the folders, only replacing the elf, but then it crash when loading loadiine (but at least it gets to the homebrew menu)

All good fam

This means either the SD card wasn't in the Wii U or it's not formatted right.

That happens some times. It's not perfect.

I'm not sure what you mean by keeping the folders, going without the folders.

It should be "SD://wiiu/apps/loadiine_gx2/loadine.elf" or whatever the fucking the file is called.

It's really simple, a retard could do it.
Also, "FSGetMountSourceFailed" is not necessarily your SD card, it just could be the .elf file, if you still get that, remove it from your SD card, redownload it and put it back again and it should be fine.
Also, did you format your SD card in FAT32 at least ?

Get a wifi adapter and you won't need to cry about muh tubehax being down

its Fat32. i put the elf from the first link back in, now loadiine works.

are the nightly releases only compatible with US consoles, because im EU.

No they should be compatible with any region.

The only thing you should worry about for the EU/US thing is the Title Keys for the release of the game when you download a game and the folder is not named correctly, otherwise, everything works everywhere.

Wasn´t that guy arrested or something?

No it was all made up bullshit.

bump

Feel like contributing and dumping a game no one else has posted yet that you were suckered into purchasing?

gbatemp.net/threads/ddd-wiiu-title-dumper.418492/

It would be awfully kind of you.

Because I'm a major faggot, I want to play Minecraft with the Mario Mash Up expansion on my Wii U. Is it somehow possible? I'm not sure whether it counts as DLC or an update.

I think someone dumped that on wiiuiso, go check that

I found it, will install shortly. It's been a while since I'd checked Wiiuiso.

Last bump. Then I'll just let it die. No one cares about Wii Woo.

Wiiu so dead even when its hacked

Anyone have a working One Piece Unlimited World Red? I found one on wiiuiso but apparently it will only work on EUR consoles.

Pic related

The game doesn't work in loadiine yet.

wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Loadiine_compatibility_list

fugg
i even formated the sd card as fat32

(or does this only works on SD like trying to exploit the vwii on the wii u)

What? You need an SD card. You mean a non SDHC card? No it doesn't matter the card size. The exploit only works on certain firmwares, did you check if it was compatible? It's drag and drop there's no reason for it to fail. Clear wii u's cookies/history.

What? I dont understand this are you saying SDHC/XC cards dont work or only SD cards work

It doesn't matter what the card size is. Any card can be used for the exploit.

I haven't touched my Wii U in months. Should I get around to doing…whatever it is that I need to do for homebrew or is it not urgent? How complicated is piracy?

Thanks for future spoonfeeding.

Fucking retard.

Right back at you, faggot. None of my questions were answered in the OP or the "definitive guide to hacking", at least not in any way that makes sense to someone that doesn't know how this shit works yet. I know that 3DS needed you to update to the latest firmware if you were on certain ones in order to install browserhax, so you wanted to get that done before they updated as you would be shit out of luck if something went wrong and you had to system restore. It's not exactly hard to imagine something like that being the case with Wii U homebrew as well.

WOOOOOOOW, HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO KNOW

pretty cool/10