Titans

Now we have Hawk and Dove to add to the costume reveals. I'm actually impressed. They bothered making real costumes that actually look somewhat like the comic counterparts.

Other urls found in this thread:

stephenking.wikia.com/wiki/Roland_Deschain
darktower.wikia.com/wiki/Clint_Eastwood
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roland_Deschain
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well I guess it doesn't get better than this

They probably will never show us Starfire until it airs because of how garbage it will look. This will probably be even worse than 'Molly Hernandez' in Runaways. Orange>DarkBrown vs Peach>LightBrown, hard to say which is worse.

Still gotta make them tacticool and gritty, sadly.

That's the thing with superhero costumes in tv and movies. Honestly, though Rbin looks good. Dove reminds me of Luna Lovegood for some reason.

The Robin Costume looks good but I dislike the Hawk and Dove ones.

Tacticool is fine for Robin, hell I would even expect it for a guy that apparently never became Nightwing but for Hawk and Dove, their costumes should be even more cheesy since their abilities come from magical means. Poor Don will never be put in a Live Action show because they have a quota to fill regarding females

I feel like everyone is just waiting for the Starfire reveal.

Looks like fan images

I thought they don't want a male Dove because people might think the two are gay or something?

Doubly confusing because you'd think that is the exact sort of thing they want to promote.

That would mean excluding women, and making cast less diverse. It will also be a good opportunity to show a violent and dumb Hawk, being tamed and guided by fair and intelligent Dove.

I guess that makes sense. The only reason I mention Dove being gay is that he appears in one JLU episode with Wonder Woman and Hawk and the way he's voiced makes him sound gay. I don't know if that's what the DCAU guys intended though.

I'm pretty sure Dove's voice in JLU was more meant to reinforce his peaceful/pacifist way to solving problems in contrast to Hawk's more straightforward methods.

I guess that makes more sense.

They're brothers. It would take five fucking seconds to establish that. And I think Don is straight but too much of a pussy to make a move on a woman.

I would have honestly just gone ahead and cast Holly instead of Dawn. They complete their quotas, You get a dumb ass female finding out becoming a bitch doesn't always work. And oh hey, you get to basically free write a character that's been unused for 8 years.

You know, I used to be pissed about stuff like this, until I realized that Tim, Jason and all the other Robins basically stole from Grayson in the first place, leading to his flanderization as the "funny acrobat guy" so this is just fair play, especially given how shit a character Tim is.

Hopefully, since this being kept as in-house as possible by WB, they'll actually focus on superhero antics instead of trying to appeal to the Supernatural crowd with bait on the CW.

The Robin costume looks good. I wonder if they'll swap him to Nightwing for the 2nd season for character development. Only complaints are the lack of colour, which could be due to the lighting on his face, but Hawk has the same, so I guess it's a dark-ish red. Looks worn out with scuffs on it, too.

The Dove outfit looks awful and would have been fine had they toned down the goggles. Shocked that they attached a fairly attractive HWYTE girl to it. Her underarmour looks like they smuggled out one of the Supergirl outfits from the CW and added some silver highlights.

Hawk looks better than Dove, though again, lots of scuff marks which I never like. It's actually fairly bright, as is Dove's so some colour is nice. I do like that his helmet is clearly very solid, which means he won't be taking it off in the middle of every fucking fight scene to talk to the bad guy like a certain Speedster. Hopefully they keep that for all characters, as I prefer superheroes changing their persona/attitude when the mask comes down, and going into a sort of auto-pilot without as much talking and feelings.
Alan Ritchson was Aquaman in Smallville, so maybe he'll make it fun.

So who else is cast?
We've got black Starfire. That can only end well.
Pedobait Raven. Literally just a black cape and acting very mature for her age!!
Half-Asian Beast Boy. Actor is actually a martial artist, but that's not of much use if he turns into animals. Wonder how often he'll just be a human to save money. Also, he actually looks a fair bit like Beast Boy from Young Justice, so maybe they'll stick some green makeup on him.

And Hawk and Dove are only recurring, which means they appear halfway through the season or appear an minor antags that join the Titans by the end after stopping their unorthodox methods of vigilantism. They're older than the rest of the cast by a decade, so they might also be some shitty mentor fill in instead of the Justice League.

That's some shit taste you've got there

FTFY.

Hey Holla Forums

Tell yourself that

It's no fucking wonder Tynion has been trying to pimp the character so hard in his shitty Detective Comics. Tim is fucking cancer now.

Opinion discarded

If they want more girls why not just throw Donna Troy into the mix, throw in a Wonder Woman cameo. Or do 'Beast Girl'. Or have Stephanie Brown be the team's Robin.

Complicated rights issues. She never appeared in the animated Titans for this reason

If you honestly believe that Tim was perfect, had the perfect life, or ever went 'full edge', your opinion is shit and I'm telling you so.

hey Holla Forums

Not as shit as yours.

Great rebuttal there

Wonder who the villains will be since HIVE and Deathstroke already appear in Arrow.

Apparently Donna is supposed to appear in the next Teen Titans animated movie.

These designs look straight out of 2008. Didn't we get over this overdesigned shit a decade ago? It looks like a goddamn parody. Why is everything so bulky and sharp?

There might be different sets of rights that keep her from appearing on television specifically

To look "realistic" I guess. Honestly, I thought Nite Owl's costume was more super hero-ish than I would've expected.

At least there's color.

For Batman it kinda looks realistic since those are supposed to be Kevlar plates with enough flexibility among them to move around. If anything is weirder that Batman's mask isn't bulky enough and is skull tight.
Nite Owl's is overdesigned but isn't sharp or bulky as for the rest of the industry, is easier to design, draw and produce if it's geometric and streamlined and doesn't give the appearance of a zentai instead looking more like an armor.
At least those are the reasons I can think on top of my head.

I think they're alright, since the classic superhero tights don't really translate well to film.

I actually prefer this Nite Owl costume to the one in the book because the mask actually covers his face, and I guess it makes sense that he's going for this slightly armored look since in the book, he's picturing himself as some sort of Arthurian knight.

I think the Nolan batsuit is fine as well. It's a bit overdesigned, but there's nothing wrong with the general idea of having it be several moving parts. It also feels like a natural evolution of the BB batsuit, which was a lot more subdued. Pic related.

The one Kurt Russell is wearing is trash, tho.

It's funny I used to like the sky high super hero outfits now it doesn't age well.

2old.

They're supposed to be teenagers, not grannies tbh.

They range from teens to people in their early twenties.

I always though the brother dynamic worked better for Hawk and Dove but, the only place you ever saw it was Justice League and Brave and the Bold. Its bullshit plain and simple.

Teagan Croft Born 2003/2004 (age 13-14)
Well, no leotard then. At least she knows the character she's playing, right?

Nice an entire cast of children set to be raped then filmed dressed up in rubber and tied to ropes and dangled out windows. Can't wait.

Shit, she is jailbait

Well Damian it's time you go back to broading in your room

At the very least, Tim is the most boring Robin.

Robin and Starfire's actors are 28 and 29 respectively. With Star's actress being the embodiment of proof that 'black don't crack' is a lie.

I'll take boring over repulsive.

Back to your corner

He's better than OW THE EDGE Hood.
Or SPOILER: I CAME BACK FROM THE FRIDGE
Or GIGANTIC HEAD SUE.

Which only leaves Dick Grayson and he was better as Nightwing, which makes Tim the best Robin

Dick was second-best Nightwing.

I wouldn't mind Starfire being black (they gonna paint her over anyway) if they didn't cast the ugliest black chick possible.

all of those things are boring.

best, perhaps. but boring.

will they? wouldn't that be racist?

Now you got me worried…

alternatively, they'll avoid painting her orange because they don't want her to 'look like Trump'.

Seriously, after what they did with Domino I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled the same shit and argued that they couldn't paint her skin because it would be racis

Doctor Who painted a chink woman green to make her a bug lady, back in the day.
Which is even more rayciss, now that I think about it.

Those are some big titties

You're boring

chinks get less racis points because they aren't as vocal as niggers about it. Also depending on the season you're talking about, things weren't as bad at the time as they are today.

Which he rarely, if ever, demonstrated and when he did it usually crossed over into ridiculous Gary Stu territory.

LOL. He's the only Robin most reliant on Batman to function as a character, hence why writers never really managed to take him away from Bruce like they did with Dick and Jason. Without Bruce, he's nothing, as proven by Damian who managed to take his spot by virtue of being a better character, leaving Tim with nothing except to die or retire, neither of which Bat-writers dare to do because of his rabid fanbase.

This is bait, right?

Nope. Give me evidence of Tim being a better character and not a flat bore which does not boil down to "Damian was a prick way back, so I hate him".

You mean 'give me evidence of why you think Tim is a better character so I can shift the goalposts'

Yeah, no

No, I mean "give me evidence of Tim being a better character which does not boil down to 'I hate Damian Wayne for being a meanie way, way back'".

All your refusal does is tell me that you can't actually think of anything.

It occurs to me that, if they had to get black women to play both parts, the girl playing Domino would be better as Starfire and the girl playing Starfire would be better as Domino

The chick playing Domino isn't even ugly or anything. I would have no problem with the actress if they had painted her skin white and gave her the right haircut.

There is no problem with the actress being black, the problem is that they fucking changed her whole design for no reason. And worst part is that I just know Deadpool is gonna make some lame joke about the Alt-Right Trump supporters being pissed at the movie because of her.

Soyboy cuck confirmed :^}

Back to not being a shitposter Yeah, that's why I didn't mind the dark tower being done with the gunslinger black rather then white, they didn't plan the racist zombie maker dont know the name, I didn't read the books and this was one of the major complain from Holla Forums Holla Forums when was announced to be add in the movie therefor it didn't matter if he was black. At least they used a good actor rather then wewuz from starwars that can't act for shit

If they wanted to make Domino black with a white eyepatch it would have been better to get someone with darker skin, like the Starfire actress. I'm not really sold on the inversion when the actress playing Domino is like 50% black at best.

I heard that he being black conflicts with a few racial relationships with other characters in latter books, but that movie was so shit I doubt it will get a sequel.

Don't get me wrong, it does piss me when they change a character race for no reason, but I'm okay with Domino since her skin is unnaturally white anyway, so they can paint the actress. Pretty much like they did with Gamora in Guardians of the Galaxy. No one complains that she is black because they paint her skin green.

But they completley changed Domino design for something that looks nothing like the comics. Everyone would be pissed at this if she wasn't black.

There should be no problem. BB's actor is gonna be green, he's been green in every fucking comic. Except that one time he was red. So there should be no fucking problem making star's actress some form of orange. If they use the "It would be racist" as a cop-out I'm gonna be pissed, and I'm black. I've heard a lot a stupid shit be called racist but, saying it would be racist to make her an alien with orange skin, glowing green eyes, and hair that is sometimes on fire is just retarded.

Pic related; I love that Starfire was 50% hair back then. I also kinda want to buy that "We love Gar" shirt.

You don't mind because you didn't read the book so be quiet about it. The whole design of Roland Deschain was Clint Eastwood's Man with No Name. Everything about him in the books is described in detail multiple times from his skin to his eye color. The big issue is when they make these shit movies they change everything from the characters, their design, to the stories themselves and its all junk. They get away with it because faggots like you sit here "ooh i don't mind so much they did it cuz im not Holla Forums teehee."

Dunno what happened that 'vag' turned into 'vagvag'.

Either way we better weep now because I doubt the show is going to make her as sweet and sexy. And if the show is popular, kiss canon Kori goodbye.

Yo nigga! So us be sayan dis proud woman of color should have her skin painted another color? Are you racis or something? That sistah ain't painting no skin, nigga! She's gun be black and you outta accept it!

But seriously, this is the kind of reasoning they will use. It is the exact same case as Domino, any type of complaint will be shuggred off with: "You're just pissed cause she's black! Are you racist?"

I suggest to not watch that crap at all, boycott warner until they cancel the shitty reboot.

Is there an sort of conformation on the plot or tone of the show? So far all I've seen about it are actors but, nothing about the actual show. Apparently Acolyte will be the first villain of the show.

I'm no Tim fanboy, but don't you mean "by virtue of being Grant Morrison's pet character"?

So it will be the old school costume with the long dress thing? Or the new one in the Rebirth?

They're adults like said.

Wonder if there's going to be a Kali Ma joke.

But is better than the Paper Mache Batfleck suit

Modified version of either Rebirth or Judas Contract is my guess. Raven is just sexy okay.

Sexy + Teen = People yelling pedophile. Even though technically in this situation it would be hebe but, that's not the point. The point is showing too much leg could be the equivalent of poking a wasp nest.

Too late for that,the real Kori we all knew and loved has been dead for some time know

I never got why that run was so praised it felt like a slice of life story that happened to have Starfire that was also boring.

Praised by whom?

I know some people will complain but I felt that the second pic portrayal was just terrible. In a sense, they ratcheted up her sex appeal but burned down her personality in the process.

Please don't make me remember David Willis. It makes me feel like I have to reverse positions purely because he took them but Id suffocate because he still breaths air.

First pic wasn't bad. She was still sexy and used excuses to kiss and chase after boys. It should have been a spin-off to explain her naivety, and the art style should never have changed, but it wasn't bad.

Some comic news sites I used to browse. Personally, I guess it's more due to people's reaction to her portrayal in the New 52 Red Hood and the Outlaws.

Well no shit they're jerking it off. Comic news sites also jerked off Squirrel Girl, Kate Leth's Hellcat and many other current year favourites. It's an incestuous clique

I completely forgot what I was going to say while editing. So instead I'll say, nobody likes a vapid whore and emotionless sex is bullshit.

Lobdell actually got Starfire's personality perfectly fine and if people bothered to read beyond one page, they'd see that. She's always been a massive whore, if you read old Teen Titans issues, she used to flirt with every male member of the team even when "committed" to Robin, sometimes even in front of him.

Aaaaaand here comes the faggot being edgy. Well done, here's your (you)

And your that kind of guy who watches War Dramas and says "Man this would be better if all the vehicles where anime girls that flashed their panties".
Flirting=/= Whore. Also Being flirty=/= a loveless passionless amnesiac bitch.

And you're apparently the kind of person I mentioned as not bothering to read beyond one page. And flirting with other dudes when supposedly committed to one is very much the act of a slut.

Confirmed for never having read the books.
He's described as looking like a younger, slimmer Steven King, with Eastwood's eyes, and acting a little like Schwarzenegger as The Terminator.
And unlike every depiction of him from the book covers to the comics, he does not have a hat, and he wears dungarees.

nigger kori was an all around bad idea. they're going to get called racist for making her naive, they're going to get called racist for covering up her skin with orange paint, and then they're going to get called racist for making her a bit slutty.

No he didn't.

Clearly you've never actually bothered to read the original Titans if you think Lobdell's abomination is anywhere near what Starfire was like previously

stephenking.wikia.com/wiki/Roland_Deschain

darktower.wikia.com/wiki/Clint_Eastwood

The portion about acting like the Terminator is when he is inhabiting the third person in Drawing of the Three, not when he is himself.

Changing the color of his skin changes the character. I'm not sure why that is hard to see. How will Detta talk about his candlestick dick if it's black?

Well, as a black woman I'm sure Detta knows that BBC is largely a meme.

Go back to cuckchan.

I think it's funny that he claims that Kori is literally nothing but a whore when we have just a little above.
Kori might come from a race of space bonobos who love fucking, but she's as far from 'detached' as possible.

Hell, that's half her charm. She's not only sexy, she's cute and sweet. She's the epitome of femininity.

Great going there, genius.

Like I said, you never actually bothered to read Lobdell's Starfire beyond that couple of pages.

You're putting words in my mouth, m8. I said she's not 'nothing but a whore.'
Show me proof of Lobdell's Starfire being oh so loving. Because all I know of it is bullshit that literally makes her nothing but an unloving whore.

His mannerisms were enough like The Terminator that it gave a cop who had encountered him in another body a heart attack, years later, in a movie theatre when the film came out. That's got to be more than just that thing "Uncle Bob" has of pausing and running through a mental list of "conversational options" before speaking.
Maybe Roland moves his eyes before moving his head, or something.

True, though I guess that's more because I don't like the look from TDK which the Battfleck suit takes inspiration from.