Warcraft 3

Trying to play through the campaigns for RoC and TFT on Hard without saving mid mission. Holy fuck this is punishing. Just beat Human RoC campaign.

What do you think the 5 hardest maps are going to be? I'm thinking the last NE mission on RoC and first UD mission in TFT are going to be the main two.

Any hints very welcome (main one is basically using - to slow the game down!)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Jwb73Wx8og&list=PLRKY06uPWOOT4lTcTn2Y7oTqp7Rj6xXSe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the human mission where you had to wait for uther to come and save you from the undead attacks was the hardest for me, at least on my first playthrough
when i played it years later it was a lot easier

Night Elves mission 3 in RoC. VERY short (hidden) time limit, weak units, hero at max level 3 or something.

All missions with time limits / surviving for a time really.

NE Roc last mission Hard was a fucking bitch on the first playthrough, had to spam Ancient Protectors all over to boost the army beyond pop limit.

Second playthrough though was much easier, should've bolstered Jaina's forward base earlier.

Yeah the last mission is all about delaying the fall of human and orc camps for as long as possible. There's no reason to have units or turrets anywhere else at all.

You kidding me? I managed to complete the Alliance campaign on my own as a kid, it's super fucking easy, things only get harder later on starting with Undead campaign.

Check these video series, by the way -> youtube.com/watch?v=0Jwb73Wx8og&list=PLRKY06uPWOOT4lTcTn2Y7oTqp7Rj6xXSe
So far it only has RoC covered but (while containing quite some spoilers) it mentions every secret item stash/easter egg in the game, and some behind the scene details too. Check out the Alliance campaign at very least.

On hard mode without mid mission saving? I'm impressed!

Yeah, I don't know how I did it, but nonetheless I eventually gave up with those fucking high elves in Undead campaign so I started using cheats from there on. I might had some determination but that wasn't enough to complete the whole game on my own.

The Orc mission where you were alone against about five enemies in some sort of a canyon

TFT Scourge campaign is where trouble is waiting for you.

Yeah, very first mission.

Fuck that noise.

Then the second mission

That mission with Lord Garithos.

Don't remember the objective but you had to defend your base from attacks coming from 2 directions and some flying shits coming to fuck your workers while they harvest wood.

That mission was a pain for me.

Hey Holla Forums, what's your…

I got to the last mission in RoC on hard and couldn't finish it.
I tried to do it twice, but since it takes too long just to get going I gave up on it and moved on to TFT.

You can slow it down while playing?

To be fair, very few missions are truly punishing and can be done easily by having a large, well-balanced army with researched upgrades.

Protip #1 – secure expansions as early as you can and defend them.
Protip #2 – heroes are more powerful than you think. Always have some health scrolls and mana potions on hand, even if it means dropping a stat item. You're playing a strategy game, not an RPG.

There is a cheese exploit in the final mission that is almost necessary on Hard, and I think was intended by the devs. You can use your heroes, buy divine shield scroll and goblin mines, blow up the buildings in the undead base causing the to not produce units any more, essentially turning the level into an exercise in patience.

I've seen a video about that, and I think the guy even killed Archimonde, but I'd really like to do it the regular way if possible.

The problem was that I kept getting overwhelmed.
Then again, I did try to spam bears/dryads with defenders on the side, so maybe it is my strategy that is flawed since bears have heavy armour and get rekt in RoC by missiles.

No offense scrub, but I'm not about to start taking protips from someone that hasn't beaten the final RoC mission.

He has a point though, scrolls can be game changers in harder battles.

No shit. I've already beaten the whole game on Hard, but just not without heavy save abuse.

First Alliance mission in TFT, was pretty comfy strolling on around the map, killing shit and undead and getting to the center map and killing shit, was pretty comfy.

Illidan Stormrage, before the accusation of edge and emo shit, he was pretty much right in everything and all of the other factions were retards to think the Burning Legion and Scourge would stop invading them.

The-Spoon's custom co-op campaign from RoC, again, pretty comfy playing through the game on Insane mode with a buddy.

It is ridiculous on Hard, mostly due to the supply limits.You just have to keep pumping oui protectors and send them as far down the mountain as you can and flank their meat wagons with flying units.
I beat it on hard many, many years ago, but it took a shitton of reloads and a lot of luck. IIRC save scumming doesn't work either because getting off to a slightly bad start fucks you over for the whole mission, so any later saves are worthless.

For the final RoC mission:

1) Make sure your two heroes have the best possible items possible going in
2) A lot of healing/sustainability from your troops: druids of the claw and hippogryph riders are your best bet
3) Don't go into high upkeep until the very end, stay in medium and spam the ever living fuck out of Moonwells and the tree towers
4) Build 2 hero rez shrines in case you lose both Malfurion and Tyrande

For the last TFT mission:

1) GIVE EVERY TYPE OF BOOST/ARMOR/HP ITEM TO ANUB'ARAK
2) Anub'arak is love, Anub'arak is life
3) Kill other heroes before Illidan - he's tanking as fuck and rezzes fast
4) Don't even bother using ghouls other than for tree harvesting - they're AoE fodder against the 3 lvl 10 heroes
5) Build 2 hero rez shrines in case you lose both Arthas and Anub

Blood Elf campaign was pretty fucking fun with that pretty cool dungeon crawl, that challenging finale with two races and resource scavenging in a dungeon and that secret bonus tower defense scenario.

The co-op campaign conversion is on-hold or delayed indefinitely, was hoping they'd get to TFT, but they have balance nightmares getting the Night Elves campaign to work well.

that is a shit mission i mean for fucks sake

3 fucking entrances to cover and the game is cezey as fuck when it comes to turtleing

also fucking op as fuck litches that never show up again in the game/lore just thrown in to fuck with you