Monster Hunter Rooms

Any of you niggers still playing MH4U mind helping me get my HR7 character to G-Rank? Currently though, I need to farm Akantor to get that Akantor Bow before I'm ready to fight Dalamadur.

Room is 58-2656-6566-5779, code is 8855

Also monster hunter thread I guess.

A bit late now, and assuming you do mean U and not G it'd be impossible to link up to you, but hope you got what you wanted.

Also bump to keep Monster Hunter thread alive.

inb4 that one autist who claims monster hunter has no grinding in it shows up

MHGen is less than 2 months away dude, you're late to the party.

I'm gonna be honest, Gen is a whole lot worse than 4U

Only because Bushido/Adept is OP and Gen lacks G-rank but Ultimate might be a DLC expansion since the devs were talking about it, so who knows what'll happen.

Besides, 4U fucked up plenty of things that 3U got right, and I'd say X/Gen feels more like an improvement on 3U than 4U.

Naw, the variant fights are a step back, much less armor variety because of it.
R-10 variants are such massive HP sponges you basically need optimal or at least semi-optimal sets to not hit time.

Nyanters are neat, too bad they do too little damage to be viable.
Hunter arts range from worthless to obscenely good depending on the weapon.

Honestly MHX just feels like a mash of ideas that they couldn't really flesh out. You see a lot of "oh this could be fun if just a little more work was put into it"

I don't really know what armor variety means here. Are you saying that you should always use variant armor, are there not enough subspecies to add more armor or is there not enough clownsuiting? The monster count in Gen is actually nearly the same as 4U, and variant armor isn't necessarily great because you can't make fun sets with those, and armors in 4U were bloated with skills and needed to be reduced to be like older games.

I'll give you that.

Good thing that's basically every non-Ultimate version of monster hunter eh?

Oh no it's not hard in the slightest, you're misreading that. I'm saying is, imagine the HR versions of a monster with slight differences, but with end G-rank HP. Still HR damage, it's just a massive slog.

Actually funnily enough the variant sets are fairly useless (aside from white narga if you're using a sub optimal natural blue sharpness weapon), they don't have sharpness+1, which as usual is a near required skill for blademaster. The Ranged ones don't have Shot up, your damage is going to suffer using them.
What I'm saying is, the skill bloat went too far the other way, giving you only 1-2 sets that are even "I can use this" level.

I still think variant monster HP is fine since I'm used to bosses with obscene HP in other games, the only reason I can hate them is the mandatory "single arena + one other monster" fights.

You either gotta get good charms or be creative, I made a set with Obtuse Blade, Nosedive, Super Crit and Chaining Proficiency for use on an aerial Akantor GS. Still one of the dumbest, most fun sets I've made.

No armor variation?
Mandatory min maxing mixed armor set pieces bullshit?
That's everything i always hated about MH, i was gonna get a 3DS for it but you've talked me out of it user, capcom can go fuck themselves.

Can you name things that 3u did better than 4u?

Better maps
Better monster variety
Better weapon balance LS

Basically three of the cores of MH.

That user is a shit, just wear whatever you want or be creative with your sets. MH shouldn't necessarily be a "beat the monster as fast as possible game" unless you are purposely grinding for something.

but R-10 variants are. I'm not joking when I say that.
Seriously JP are elitist as fuck, but they're actually right regarding this. You need a basically perfect set or to play near perfectly.

They're massive blobs of HP.

Or you can get 3 other players to help you since they are guild only monsters that just so happen to have a scene play for you if you fight them offline.

You think I'm talking solo?
Shit no.
Even with groups, time is the main concern on those not carts or damage

I've never had a problem with them with a group. How shit are you playing?

As I was saying, it's not hard in the slightest they don't do damage or anything to make you worry about carting.
It's a massive slog because "instead of making a monster threatening, lets give them more HP"

I'd rather it be that then fucking Level 140 GQ style monsters.

It's still bad, doesn't matter if it's not As horrible

So, you haven't actually fought any? Because at 10 even Crimson Helmed Aoashira is a hell of a fight.

You better be joking, I've only seen awful people cart to crimsonhelms.
The only variant it's semi excusable to cart on is toxic and that's only if you're a dumbass.

So, again, you haven't actually played?

I don't even follow that arguement.
That makes no sense

You're talking about a game in such a way that indicates you haven't actually played it, then get defensive by talking about what you've seen other people do.

okay, here we go then
I have never carted to a Crimsonhead outside of my first couple runs when I was getting used to the attack pattern change.

And how many Crimson Helms, or any Two Named Monsters for that matter, have you fought at Level 10?

Alright, let's make a long story short:

I've played MH since the PS2 era.
I have no problems minaxing weapons, i'll build towards the "best" weapon against a specific prey, i'm fine with that.

But i've never ever ever mixed sets the entire series, i only play by building a set i like aestetically, and that allows me to get the job done in terms of skills.

I was able to continue sticking to this playstyle up to MH3U.

I'd literally rather drop the entire series than adapt to mixed set metagaming, i despise it.

With the direction MH is heading in right now, will i be able to continue my playstyle of good weapon + nice looking set + decent skills but not metagame level, yes or no?

No unless you plan on avoiding super late game

Yes. If you are concerned, just get a good charm or gem your shit well.

Fuck you by the way.

seems to me like you're butt bothered that someone doesn't like the game.
Also watch with my powers of predictions I know exactly where your autism brain will go

I've fought all R-10 variants
If I don't I get
If I do I get

so I end up getting dragged into a situation where I have to play with a dumbass or get called a liar by a retard.
So I'll take the hidden third option and just insult you for being so predictable

I wasn't the person that accused you of not playing the game though.

I'm just saying that the game is fine and there is no meta. Random JPs online still use "non-meta" sets against variants because they play for fun

Not really, I see any and all nyanters get instabooted. That's always fun.

I see people using non mixed sets get instabooted unless they're the host. I mean hell I saw someone get kicked because they were using Bushido GS.

oh also my bad, I just assumed the fuck you was from the angry man

life is suffering

It's coming out in July.

Seriously, what's wrong with that?

It's not a competitive game. It's not a VS game. Nobody is competing for anything because rewards are all RNG. The game is hard but it's fucking popular amongst the most casual of JPs and they still play it even with good players getting on their hide because the game is fun.

I never kick anyone unless they are truly shit and I can't imagine how they are having fun at all. Doing low damage or using too much healing from getting hit all the time isn't kick worthy to me.

What?

Fuck me it's already may

I've never seen a nyanter get through lobby in open online. Maybe that's just because I've only done higher rank variants online and the rest I belted out with some friends.

Wasting a time because too low damage isn't fun, so I understand where they're coming from, but it promotes a certain type of playstyle late game.

What are you doing with your life?

I've seen nyanters in open online not get kicked, and usually it ends up with everyone else in the room switching to nyanter unless they don't, which then things go as normal until they fuck up dramatically.

And what kind of playstyle do you mean? You mean the one where they play like shit? I've seen shitty players in LV10 Variant armor too. It's a million seller game, you're going to find all sorts of shit to wade through. This isn't like fighting games.

I've only seen shitters wear that, mixed bag skills, no gem slots, it's not surprising.
I don't get what they were even going for tbh,
You can swap out a single piece of it if you're charmed correctly, but that's only going to get you a single skill or maybe 2 if it's a perfect charm

It's not good armor, but they managed to acquire it somehow

oh yeah, shitters are gonna be shitters no matter what, some are gonna get through.
But what I was saying is they're awful for how much effort you have to put in.

lurking 4am threads and learning moonrunes