Should I get Starfox Zero, Holla Forums?

My roommate is not quite sure if he wants to get the new Starfox Zero, he's played the older games but he and I don't know anything about it Holla Forums, so can you help us out?

Should he or should he not get new Stairfax and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/iryZ7
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Consider it an HD remaster of 64.
You know Link Between Worlds, how it was a half sequel to LTTP? Same kinda thing. I wouldn't pay full price for it

don't listen to this user, SFZ is a shittier SF64 and by association, SF2 in every conceivable way

my advice is just to pirate SF64 3D or SF2 and play that

Don't listen to this user because he hasn't played any Starfox game ever, evidently.

Starfox Zero is faster and has better levels, enemies, and bosses than 64. The only problem is that its somewhat shorter by two or three levels and you can't really branch paths as much as you could in 64. Zero is the most mechanically sound and best controlling Starfox game, too. I don't think it's worth $60 alone (which is why they bundled it with Guard, I guess) so find it used or something.

Also

It's terribly disappointing, shallow, and bare. Even if you have no problem with the controls.

Literally, it is worse than Doom'16.
It's a fucking shame, because I always wanted to see a Platinum StarFox, but this game is on Miyamoto's leash, it has all the problems he put in all his games since 2007, and more.

So you didn't play the game?

Jesus christ, you faggots blow shit out of porportion.

Its okay, but its not mind blowing. You can tell which parts were done by platinum. Overall nothing revolutionary to the series, but does have the biggest and longest boss battles in the series, with bosses lasting 5-10 minutes.

Word on the street is that there's no minimap during All Range fightan. Sounds fucked, if true.

I'd really like to play it, since I feel like the controls alone won't be a monster detriment, but there's no way in hell I'm paying full price for this; not without playing it first.

You act like as if the minimap ever made a difference in 64, especially when enemies were only ever shown as a small white dot that you could barely see in the first place. And your view in Zero has a wider field of view, meaning the minimap isn't even needed.

You must be joking.
i did play it. I cleared everything. I handled the controls well.

It is a remake of Starfox 64 with less things to do, less complexity, and less unlockables.
Everything they added that doesn't mirror SF64 is a detriment to the game, like the gyrocopter.
And it is all hopelessly easy and doesn't withhold any alternate endings or story segments behind a challange, just like how Miyamoto likes it.

And don't forget the image. I'll bring it up in a moment.

he should pirate it and try it now that that's possible and see for himself.

if he doesn't, no, he shouldn't buy it. game is fucking trash for anything that isn't an on-rails arwing segment, which probably account for a whole 25% of the game. the tablet controller aiming actually works well for these parts, and was obviously designed specifically for them because the controls are complete shit for everything else save on-rails tank. free range arwing is a pain in the ass to play with and free range tank is some of the most frustrating shit i've ever played, though thankfully it only happened once. both are awful in ways that are hard to really describe because of how fucked up tablet controlling works

there are also gyro copter and walker stages which probably should never have been included but made it in anyways. gyro stages/segments are slow as fuck, and revolve around dropping a robot to smash its face against a screen a bunch of times to unlock something. walker was ok, but felt like a forced inclusion because it was in 2 and they shoehorn it into the final fight for no benefit.

best part of the whole game was the omega quadrant, the second to last stage which lasted about 2 minutes and was basically what the whole game SHOULD have been save a few dogfights: fast, on-rails arwing with a bunch of enemies on screen. it's also short as fuck, so unless he wants to pay top dollar for something the length of a lotr movie, your friend should pass

do you even realize how retarded it is to remove useful, helpful things from a game that really, really needs them, and then defend it? radar is probably the only reason dogfighting worked in past games, and removing it from the game that puts an unnecessary amount of them in the game is basically just bad fucking design.

I love faggots who are too lazy to explain themselves so they just use the image whenever.

Everything in this picture is true.
And it doesn't even touch on how terrible it is that instead of allowing Platinum to give this game a fynamite script, it has to be a remake of SF64

Except that post did provide explanation, and you're a desperate cunt.

There is very little things worse than giving Bethesda any amount of money or praise.

Seriously, git gud. You act like the Gyrocopter is somehow worse than the piece of shit that was the Blue Marine.

And it isn't easy, 64 is easier.

Except the minimap ISN'T useful. That was my point. Did you even read the post I made, nigger?

No it didn't, I never used the radar in 64 and I probably got a better score than your casual ass could ever do.

Nope, autist, try again next time.

Are you fucking retarded? The minimap was useful as shit, especially when I was first gitting gud on Expert, and even now is useful as shit.

If you want to medal, being able to see where exactly your teammates are instantly is extremely helpful.

This star fox game is not just close. It's beyond the point.

Doom'16 is at least a half-decent Serious Sam game, if it's not a good Doom game.
And it has more challenge too.

Okay, insulting Starfox is one thing, but Insulting Serious Sam is another.

You can fucking stop any time now you fucking degenerate.

I medal'd 64 on Expert mode without even glancing at my radar, user. It was useless. It's easier to keep track of teammates without it.

LOL ASF ASDJGBODG user
THIS GAME HAS NO EXPERT MODE :^)
SO YOU DONT NED ANY RADAR :^)))))))

ok kid

Uh how does relying on the radar not make you a casual, user?

If SF0 is supporting a bad game, supporting Bethesda is supporting Cancer.

Also for fucks sake, you don't need the radar when the screen tells you where your allies need help when they need help.

SF0 was already a flop.
And I don't know how Doom'16 performed, but I'm sure the numbers are in already and the company has already reflected on its performance and decided how to react to it.

So i doubt anyone is supporting anything with either of these games at this point.

i think it makes you more casual relying on your guns.

It just tells you left or right, but doesn't give you any real idea of how close they are to you. Glancing at the minimap can save literal seconds from not turning the wrong way.

because i'm using the useful information provided by the radar in order to quickly and more skillfully play the game. i know i can u-turn and get to something faster or can preemptively somersault to get behind a ship before it starts shooting me, instead of just holding left or right and hoping for the best, or waiting to get shot to react

also, you should post that score you're so proud of so i can laugh at your sub 500 kills

You already have a Wii U so just get a 32 GB SD card for 10 bucks and

I wouldn't.
I find it frustrating compared to Star Fox 64

SFZIDF arrives again, just in time.

I guess that means Star Fox is dead for good though.

This is one of the worst games ever made and the fact that people on Holla Forums even remotely defend it still means that 2 nintendrone purges weren't enough.

Hopefully this E3 nintendo goes full mobile games with microtransactions so we can kill off this disgusting filth that still clings desperately to the board.

With nothing left they'll quit gaming or just join the pcucks and never play games again and just die off in solitude.

I actually spent $20 on a good game on an alive console

It's pretty damn good.
If you can get Starfox Guard with it then pick it up

The game is pretty okay-ish up until the last level, and then the controls become a huge liability and not necessarily something you can just GIT GUD your way through.

When you finally wrestle the controls to beat Andross at the end, it feels like a stroke of luck, not a victory of skill.

Everything up to that point feels pretty good and there's a good touch of that Platinum Games ingenuity where certain bosses, levels, and challenges can be overcome with clever uses of skill and timing that they don't directly tell you to use.

Then there's shit like the spider-tank battle where it's just pure tedium and you can only play it one way.

I don't know how this game got delayed for so long and still came out so badly.

I'd say it's not bad and it's not great. It's woefully mediocre. It doesn't do enough new stuff to make it exciting. I actually really like the controls, you use it just like you do in Splatoon to fine tune aim. You only really have to look at the game pad in specific instances, like boss fights, or if something like your ship is obstructing where you're shooting.

Blue Marine sucked in SF64, but Gyrowing sucks more in SF0. SF0 feels really short too. I know you're supposed to play it over again and go for high scores, but I don't think I had enough fun to go back and want to play the game over again like I did with W101 or Bayo.

The branched levels can be pretty good. But it's not as clear that you got them or what you should do. The levels have good branches, and some of the secondary bosses are pretty good. Some of the stuff between the branched bosses and the mainline bosses is recycled.

The Andross battle is extremely disappointing.

They did remove radar, but you have a camera lock on instead and it's way better than the radar. The radar was a piece of shit, I'd never take the radar over the camera lock on targeting thing.

I'd say it's not a game to pass, but I wouldn't buy it for more than $40. Star Fox Guard is kind of cool, but it's not worth $20. I think maybe if it weren't a long wanted Star Fox 64 sequel it would have ended up an above average game. But people had some pretty high expectations, and the game disappointed. Specially considering you had both Miyamoto and Platinum behind it. It's good enough to play for a few hours a week between other games, but it sure won't become something you play most of the week.

Yes. But I'd wait till like a sale or you get some gift cards.

It's still the third best Star Fox game released.

Unfortunately, that's entirely a placebo effect. Once again, Platinum worked mainly on the visuals of Star Fox Zero. Everyone who calls it a "Platinum game" fell for Nintendo's ploy of slapping a company with a decent track record on their own product hoping it'd boost sales. Evidently, it worked, since we still have people who think they had a greater role in it.

archive.is/iryZ7

That explains a lot.

I wish Platinum worked on the whole game. It'd probably end up leaps and bounds better than as it stands.

Nah. I'm a diehard fan of SF64, and I'm proud to say I haven't played any other entries in the series (other than the 3DS version.)

Gaming should crash again. Supporting the modern gaming industry is the same as supporting Cancer.

A remaster would imply it was an improvement rather than cutting content

Oh look, the guy that defends this game in every single thread is right on cue.

I had it preordered from an e3 deal a couple years ago. Paid 40 bucks for it.

I feel like i should bought a dildo or something with it instead.

The lvls are short, everything felt like it was copy pasted from 64 but then managed to make it shit. And the fucking motion control aiming. Jesus christ whoever thought of that should be hanged. I would have been happy with just a 64 remaster without all of this bullshit. I fucking loved 64 and i shat my pants when i got to the real andross boss somehow.

I will nvr jave that feel again why live.

Back to absorb more punishment trying to damage control this terrible game user? Nintendo should be paying you for this dedication.

WOW I knew Platinum was on a leash, but i didn't realize they had literally nothing to do with the core gameplay.

why didn't they just let Platinum do it?
when Nintendo lets other studios work on there IP's the games are usually great (Metriod Prime,F Zero GX, Most Donkey Kong games)

Apologize

But I'm not damage controlling?

Are you serious nigger

Yes.
Take off the meme-tard goggles, DOOM'16 is not a bad game.

So I got to play Zero today (don't worry, didn't buy it; my cousin lent it to me)…

Damn the controls truly are awful. It's fine aiming on the tablet when you look at it, but when you combine that with watching the TV screen in addition it's bloody awful. It's especially highlighted in the Andross fight and Landmaster levels, where the controls seem even clunkier. What's worse is with the Landmaster is looking around with the tablet is vital for turning the camera since moving the right stick left or right is used for strafing.

Probably the only thing they work well for is the Gyrowing, but that's only because it's very slow.

He didn't say anything about quality, you retarded shill.
And if you want to be exact doom'16 is half-decent painkiller which is half-decent Serious Sam game, so its quarter-decent Serious Sam game which is fucking negligible enough to not mention it at all.
So fuck off.

SF0 is worse.
By a wide margin.

no