Overkill planning to backpedal on microtransactions

techraptor.net/content/payday-2-celebrates-u100-change-black-market

I sure as hell ain't gonna be reinstalling this shit after what they tried to pull, but what do you guys think? Did they genuinely learn their lesson or are they just covering their asses in order to sell more DLC of that memeshitter aussie dyke? How far do you think they can go with salvaged parts of a crashed plane?

Other urls found in this thread:

starbreeze.com/2016/05/starbreeze-acquires-full-rights-payday-franchise-installed-base-14-million-users/
mega.nz/#!uFwTmTgC!DPQypxW4ujEpW65dfzE6xxaDebOt8q0edURxthqN9_0
steamcommunity.com/groups/MayDayToo
youtube.com/watch?v=z5pTvi-6gNw
web.archive.org/save/http://8ch.net/v/res/9507530.html
web.archive.org/web/20160603023233/http://8ch.net/v/res/9507530.html
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198261078478/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'll still wait for future updates and see how it goes after this.

I just want some hope back so I can play it again ;__;

People actually play payday?

Too little, too late.

Is it time to break out the mayday 2 steam group again?
Can we get the gang back together?

How long until they do something else to piss off fans?

Well, I don't know much. But I've heard the same excuse before "muh evil publishers"

You have to remember the development company itself, in most cases will have private investors.

I've already had my fun with the game, and I didn't even have to pay for all the bullshit DLC because I just used the unlocker.

It's run its course.

Its over

Nah, this wasnt StarBreeze.

I just wish someone else would do something actually good with the premise that doesn't boil down to a fucking L4D reskin. There was even a mod in development at a point that was looking more promising but I think it ceased to be.

I had my fun with PD2, but I'm never going back to playing it. I left long before the microtransactions, back when they started with the DLCfest.
The music's still great, though.

But will the droprate on the new safes stay the same? They could just reduce the droprate and try to make their shekels on their cut of Steam market sales.

As much as Payday2 did wrong, I loved the way the music matched the current stage in the assault. Having the music start to pick up as an assault was about to begin made me rock hard

Memegoat is the saviour of gaming.

It turns out a no-effort piece of shit made and sold for shits and giggles actually saved everything.

MRW

Can you still unlock all the pay 2 win dlc?

Have they still got a closed source HUD mod that requires you to join a faggy group and that may or may not be malicious?

I already removed the game from my library, fuck Overkill.

I am gonna bully you nerd.

>>>/reddit/

Anyone still buying or supporting Overkill in any possible and imaginable way at this point is retarded

What about the other problems with payday 2? Microtransactions were not the only problem. Their dlc's are gay, grinding is gay and heists are to small + not dynamic enough.

I spend over 150 hours in payday 1 back then and just hate almost everything about payday 2. Heists are too small, everything get's easier and you got unnecessarily complicated and weird skill trees. Why not give certain skills to every one like in Payday 1?

Retarded AI, shit netcode, cancerous community too much obsessed with hackers and DLC Unlocker users, jewish sellout dev

Just to name a few

Totally forgot about those. Idk if they somewhat improved netcode by now but back then when I was playing the game would desync resulting in some people not seeing certain civilians or cops. Or the freaking gay ass pause when someone joins a game. A truly cancerous game.

This was a problem in mercy hospital for example. You have to keep an eye on the civilians because they just get up and try pushing alarm buttons, but every once in a while invisible civilians push the button because your game is not synced properly.

The community got cancerous with the overdrill update in payday 1 and the popularity that it gained with payday 2.

The overdrill update basically allowed people to reach max level in a few hours. This resulted in level caps being useless. You could create a lobby for people above rep 140 but you end up getting idiots with only 10 hours in the game ruining your heist because they have no idea how to play.

And payday 2 drove even more faggots into the game.

About that dlc unlocking. Overkill is the only company that hunts them. In every other game (Borderlands 2, street fighter, killing floor) neither the devs nor the community minds them but in payday 2 they hate those for some reason.

Why does payday attract so many niggers? I don't get it, because it is a lot worse than dota and cs:go. Those games are full of faggots too, but a different kind of faggotism. They are idiots that don't know how to play and don't want to bother learning it. But payday is absolute cancer.

Tribe is fucking gold, if not a bit autistic, don't try and pull that shit user

Pfffft

To answer your question: no this is PR bullshit to try and save face, except its MONTHS later than it should have come.

Tribe is legit thought, the faggots complaining about being "mistreated" on the internet/videogame should get a thicker skin.
that includes you user

…what does MRW mean?

It means hes from Reddit

My Reaction When

you do not need to post 'MRW' in your posts you nigger

it's implied that your image is related to your post and if it is clearly a reaction image then it's implied to be your reaction

FAGGOT

The OST will always be the best part of Payday 2.

It seriously took them this fucking long to realize they fucked up?

This, Simon Viklund's music is great, Im glad he left that sinking ship to continue his music career, his stuff is actually really good, the music from those 2 hotline miami missions are my favorite.

You could get the level cap in a few hours farming Diamond Heist, but you still had to be good. Although I never did the overdrill thing, so I can't really compare.

>escape by The Dark Knight bus-through-the-bank-wall trick it was directly ripped out but it was satisfying as hell

After the shit they pulled, I've pretty much lost all hope for gaming. They used to be great to their community for Payday 1, but Payday 2 hasn't had much of that at all.

I had genuine fun playing before they did the crates and the fucking gun rework, and after they did those I just can't play without feeling terrible.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves user, even back then they thought it was a good idea to hand out trollface masks to people.

Dammit, the embed carried over from my last post. Ignore that.

I mean more the fact that they updated the game with free stuff and community-related jokes constantly. Like the saferoom heist, a streamer/youtuber/videofaggot was playing it and was laughing at the size of a toothbrush. In the next update, they added a human-sized toothbrush in the bathtub.

Now the most we can expect is them putting in a line about people whining about free DLC. Dammit.

I want to believe that microtransactions were 100% Starbreeze and they forced Overkill to do them and thats why they are being removed now that Starbreeze no longer owns Payday

I want to

But I dont.

Thats what they expect people to think, I'd say its insulting to the intelligence of their playerbase, but I know the compotent people have already left, its all fanboys and children now

What have they actually done besides make future cases free to open?

This literally changes nothing.

This, they expect people to come back because of a half-hearted attempt at saving face almost half a year after the fact?

Payday 2 is nearing the end of it's life cycle. Having fucked the most loyal of their fans in the ass, Overkill probably realized that the next game will sell way more if they try to win them back.

They squeezed out every penny at the cost of the player base - and now that it's dying, they try to revitalize it - so it's not an "ethical" or "community"-decision, but still a business-move.

Payday 3 is on the horizon. That's the only reason they're pulling this horseshit.

Listo can still go fuck himself.

Also, reminder that the last character pack that they shit out was an "ow the edge" fingerless gloves, feminist, SJW aussie that has a voice more shrill than a banshee

Don't forget her perk deck is literally titled 'Anarchist.' Robbing a bank =/= anarchy.

Well, at least now the crew has a fall guy.

Jacket only had wraps on his hands, though. His fingers were clearly visible.

Than again, it's Jacket. Him being the fall guy means he just has to wipe out another police station.

>Stopped following a little bit after Only checked back to see that the Point Break DLC was paid despite it being a fucking movie tie-in and the Goat Simulator DLC because that's too stupid to be real RIGHT?

WHY. They're trying to reconcile with the fan base while reaching into their barren pockets once more. Sure 505 might be gone but they're still kikes. And their best character pack requires buying an entirely different game's special edition.

Yep, I know how you feel user, a couple months ago this might have been a fun night with some friends, but now its all just jewery

this

i thought there was another dyke they released, i remember it. scottish iirc, but i don't remember the name.
why do they need 2 dykes?

Thats another problem I have with this game, all the crossover character packs

I can think of no other game that would blatantly make tie-in promotions shit that stands out as boldly as they do, the only one of those that is even mildly relevant anymore is Jacket, and thats only because he's from a good video game, the rest are all from decent (sans the point break reboot, fuck that) movies that are already old and forgotten

What do the number say now Almir?
Fuck you thats what

Yep, Bonnie, aka Scottish Melissa Mcarthy, she is beyond fat and ugly, she's supposed to be comic relief as well

I miss when the payday gang was just a bunch of professional criminals, and Chains, the heartily funny nigger

Chain's VA actually seems pretty chill, and he's got a part in John Wick 2 last I heard.

in defense of that, at least monster is still a relevant brand to edgy teenagers, and has been for awhile no

No one talks about John Wick anymore, no one talks about Hardcore Henry anymore and its only been 2 months, not even on Holla Forums

Is this real?

oh yeah, Bonnie
actually one of her lines was somewhat funny, the one about 1985
but i'm glad i've stayed at update 78 and haven't seen the rest of their bullshit including the goat heist and the point break guy

She makes three actually. The muff divers are Clover, Bonnie, and that cunt. I'd say it was so the gang could watch some lesbian action after heisting but they're all ugly.

John Wick is good for voice packs though And it does get the occasional mention as being surprisingly good.. Actually didn't now Hardcore Henry came out.

WHERE IS MY CUSTOMIZABLE SAFE HOUSE ALMIR
YOU SAID THERE WOULD BE A CUSTOMIZABLE SAFE HOUSE

Well, I don't really expect in-depth discussions of mindless action movies. You watch them, enjoy the shoot-bangs and stuff, eat your popcorn, and go home. I can't say they should be cerebral or intellectually stimulating.

Holla Forums is more concerned with arguing about things like foreskin all the time.

well Clover isn't that massive at least
but i puked a bit when first time heard her VA

I was waiting just for that user, the Jericho 941 was the only good thing to come out of the jewing of the point break heist, and nothing ever came of it.

Originally they were going to have Bonnie's VA do Clover, but then people told them that an Irish accent and a Scottish accent were not the same thing at all, and Clover got delayed

then they made bonnie, assuredly out of some sort of contractual obligation

newfags will never remember a time before the mfw and tfw epidemic that plagued cuckchan. It's all normal to them now.

Reminder idiots used to be banned for saying that shit on /sp/ for a long time.

Feels bad man

I FUCKING KNEW IT!
This shit didnt happen when SOA published Payday The Heist.
Im still not going back thought.

calm down OIDF

Ive been saying this since the DLC whoring nigger.
Shareholders make these decisions and the russian kikes at 505 have tried to do this with other games.

yah no, Overkill is just as much to blame for blatant kikery, 505 certainly wasn't cracking the whip, they made back the dev budget from pre-orders alone, the DLC whoring was just as much Overkill's greed as it was 505's

Unlikely, the publisher is the one that controls monetization.
Overkill isnt an indie developer, if anything blame Starbreeeze which owns them and the reason nobody should their next game

Almir, stop posting, Starbreeze is an easy scapegoat, Overkill was the company that not only ignored but outright antagonized people that were against the addition of microtransactions

They were obviously paid to do so, you think employee devs will shit on their publishers, the that give them their paycheck and market/produce physical copies?

Nigger why do you think devs leave companies with the brand they created or only talk shit about them after their outof there?

Still not convinced, Overkill can try and shift the blame to Starbreeze, or 505, or whoever, all they want, but at the end of the day they were just as culpable, they were getting their slice of the MT pie just as much as their publisher was

anyone have all the images of the user explaining Overkill's downfall?

I still play occasionally when I'm in the mood for jumping around like a spastic, headshotting cops to UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ. If any fags here want to play sometime I'd be up for it I guess.

Thats not how it works most devs are forced to implement these by their shareholders and by the publishers who own them.
Why do you think the co founder left soon after the DLC whoring and the microtransactions were implemented 3 months later?

This shit isnt done by the devs nigger, get a grip.

I'd play

Steam ID: /Themanwhoshilledtheworld/

That's all, I think

my reddit when

Anyone got a link on the dlc unlocked? The one posted on halfchan /pdg/ instructions are obtuse as hell.

>mfw floweyposter was the one to summarize the growth in jewry

wew laddie

Yup, that's all, but I did do one a while later about how they were inching their way towards fixing it (pic related).

My biggest regret was leaving the entire Crimefest 2016 debacle uncovered.

Fuck, never mind, that was my biggest disappointment.

Nigga I'm not going to tell you how my day went or how my shit stank. Its bad enough I had to listen to some fat piece of shit take a piss while wearing his wireless headphones.

you missed the

TEAM BASED GAME

thing, retard, communication is key

user, please Sum up their last few months of fuckups post Crimefest 2016, having a full collection of fuckups to this point would be perfect to hand out to people to show them why they SHOULDN'T trust OVK

well memed

Except she's not a feminist or an SJW, her lines are more punk rocker type and her backstory is literally SHES CRAZY, DO YOU SEE HOW CRAZY SHE IS? HOLY FUCK SO CRAZY.

Friendly reminder that short hair dyed hair existed before SJWs ruined it.

Never said anything about not communicating, don't expect me to come in and start talking about football or some shit. I will point out targets, objectives, and timers. I will not say hi to you because i do not carry conversations with faggots.

that was a fucking hell of a read. thanks for dumping, user

the description you give is not much better, the Punk Rocker Girl steryotype is not that far off from edgy SJW self-inserts of today

The majority of Punk Rock bands were left leaning parasites as well

i want to kill everyone who does this

Men's Rights Whativism

Oh I agree completely, I read an interview with the writer of said character and that was basically all she said, that she wanted to make a crazy character, that's Sydney's entire basis, she's crazy, hell she got to join the Payday gang cause she waited till they robbed bank and stole a bag of money in the ensuing shoot-out and then the Payday gang tracked her down.

I'm just tired of the constant misinformation because of a character's design.

It's less "play" and more "chemically addicted" to.

See, this shit? this pisses me off, they already have a "crazy" character, Wolf, and he's not "Cuhraaaaaaaysee randumb xD" for no reason, he actually has a pretty shitty backstory about how his company in Sweden failed and his Wife left him, and so he's getting revenge by stealing from banks and coping with his depression by putting on a facade and his story is based off of Ulf Anderson, one of the founders of Overkill

Sydney? She's just there so OVK can virtue signal with

on an unrelated note, you know that faggot Almir Listo got to meet Kojima?

what?

Yep, Ulf and Bo started a company, Grin, or something, not sure in one line of buisness, might have been vidya too, regardless, it flopped, horribly.

Don't know if Ulf's wife actually left him though.

Before Overkill there was Grin

They relied on contract works to survive, one day they had one with Square Enix but things never got on and they left Grin to die of bankruptcy

So with the few cash they had left they started over a new company called Overkill

oh i thought that ulf guy was a criminal

I still remember hearing The Mark's buildup for the first time while being held down by police fire during Watchdogs Day 1, with Bain screeching in my ear about the imminent police assault.

i made this the other day almost as if I knew a payday thread was coming

… can I have an explanation for this?

Ulf left Overkill didn't he? I know they had to get someone to do Wolf's voice clips from now on. Guy's had a rough time hasn't he
So I guess we can all look forward to Anders Breivik simulator 2017
Also since it's been pointed out that Wolf and Cunt are the same personality wise, what's the chance they're gonna replace Wolf with Cunt like they did in the 2015 Crimefest with Clover?

I don't know but I think it might be a case of "What it says on the tin".

Both Ulf and Vikluund have left Overkill last I heard.

If anything, i think it's more likely starbreezed forced overkill to remove the microtransactions, it's no coincidence that this happens just as starbreeze gains full rights to the whole PD franchise.
starbreeze.com/2016/05/starbreeze-acquires-full-rights-payday-franchise-installed-base-14-million-users/

This is from a Slavic country. I don't know which though.
How many languages actually use цифра?

to this day the single best map is still Big Bank. I was expecting to play cops and robbers, not cops and meth cooks or some shit like that.
Overkill fucked up by making a game about heisting not about fucking heisting, and then whoring it to hell and back with DLC.

If I recall right they added a fucking bow and arrow, an RPG and a minigun. Besides being inconsistent as hell, what the hell does that do to the game balance? I remember they started throwing way more shield guys at the players because every team had at least 1 rifle user, making them really easy to deal with.

from what I understand they were supposed to launch with a much greater number of maps/heists and censored people complaining about it, though.

Adding shit that should've been in from the start isnt being nice to your community, its upholding your side of the bargain.

and they havent even lived up to that, instead most of the maps are now behind a paywall.

It'd be an honor to do so, but I will admit that I'm a bit foggy on anything past Halloween 2015, which is when I officially stopped playing (but kept browsing the hell hole known as r/paydaytheheist). So, without any more ado, here's…

Crimefest 2015: DAY 1

The immediate, first thing that was wrong, if I remember correctly, was that the update for day 1 too a long time to ship out. Usually, where I live, when OVERKILL releases a DLC, they release it at around 3 P.M. Eastern/Central time. This fucker took nearly the entire day. I didn't even know it was released until the day after, which is a trend that would continue through the remaining 9 days of Crimefest. Doesn't matter, patience is a virtue, better to have a delayed product instead of a bad product, etc. etc.

We didn't get a better product.

Day 1 dropped down with two shifts in gameplay, but the impact they left was like the impact left by Little Boy and Fat Man. The first, the weapon rebalance. Or, rather, fuck-up. Basically, as said in one of my previous posts, there was very little weapon variety in pre-Crimefest 2 Payday. You either used one of the meta weapons, or you were a stupid bitch. But now, thanks to CRIMEFEST, every weapon across the board has been changed dramatically, so that every weapon is loved and viable again! The problem, was that they applied these changes to entire weapon families across the board. ALL pistols get higher damage. ALL small rifles have piss-poor accuracy. ALL shotguns have lower HP. ALL pistols have increased accuracy and stability (recoil). ALL small rifles get a recoil nerf. ALL SMG's get a small damage buff, etc. This is wrong. This is not how you balance a game's weapons. You balance it, by taking each weapon individually, comparing its pros, and cons, and seeing how those pros and cons stack up to different weapons of the same type, and then against enemies. Is it hard? Yes, of course, without a doubt, that's why few games get it right. Generally speaking, the less guns you have, there'll be less need for a balance. Every time something new is added to a game like payday, the meta has to come together at the Council of Elrond, and determine if the Colt Ranger is going to outclass the Snubnose revolver as best high-damage pistol.

So, did the new weapon balance remove a meta? Hell no, they just made it worse than before. Now, all shotguns were hot anus on a stick, having crap ammo, damage, and range. The Locomotive 12g was hit the hardest, and lost its title as, "best free secondary in Payday 2." Assault rifles were horribly nerfed, because OVERKILL changed the accuracy scale from 18 (a bit wonky, but it grew on me, personally) to 100, and the stability scale from 25 to 100. Then, they plopped most rifles squarely in the 50-65 range. This is bullshit, because that made any assault rifle, the starting weapons for the non-DLC community, complete garbage. After the rebalance, you'd have an easier time killing cops with a hose than with Assault Rifles. SMGs managed to avoid the troubles, because SMGs were dogshit before, and slightly less dogshit afterwards. Pistols walked out of the update the least damaged, becoming the undisputed kings of PAYDAY. High damage, high ammo, perfect accuracy and stability, and great concealment, for dodge and stealth. And, with the Silent Killer skill aced, you could do 30% more damage with pistols. This got some pistols to ludicrous power levels, where one shot from the Desert Eagle would kill any regular cop in the game. Because of the pistol buff, Akimbos also got a second-hand buff from being pistols, and sniper rifles were pseudo-nerfed, because pistols did everything they could except Pierce shields. The primary that rises from the ashes was DMRs, which were pseudo-sniper rifles with high damage, no piercing, and more ammo. Now, this is all disregarding mods, but weapon mods were nerfed horrendously. Before, you had small values for mods, but with a ceiling of 18 for accuracy, they made a hell of a lot of difference. +4 accuracy was 20% difference then, but a 4% difference now.

As such, the community would throw a shitfit, but that was to be expected. Any major meta-shift in any game is going to raise a few eyebrows and anger a few die-hard fans of the series. There'll be rage, but it's rage with a passion. The people who rage remember a better time, and just want to have the best experience they can with the game. These feelings can, and sometimes are, misguided, but that's to be expected from passion. Sometimes, you make dumb decisions because you were acting like a love struck fool, or a hothead. But, rage was to be expected.

And, speaking of hotheads, the fire rose that day, because OVERKILL flew too close to the sun on Day 1 of Crimefest, and they got burned…

DAY 1, PART 2: THE HAPPENING

Holla Forums usually doesn't concern itself with the day-to-day passings of shitty games, at least, once said games have been released for a while. No one talks about every DLC dropped for, say, the Mad Max video game, for example. Nor do they talk about every expansion for the Sims 4. Everybody gets it. The games are shit, and we highly doubt EA charging $5 for pools is going to fix every problem with it. For a long-running shitty game to pop up on Holla Forums's radar, it needs to have fucked up bad, and fucked up loud. And, boy, I never thought I'd see Payday 2 in the catalog, but it was there, I swear to God. And here's why.

Like Little Boy, the weapons rebalance struck a war-bound community where it hurt, but the true devastation came from the Fat Man that dropped on us: Microtransactions. Now, a minor selling point for Payday 2 was the empathetic developers for the game. Almir Listo, Ulf and Bo Anderson, Simon Viklund, Daimion Poitier, Dallas and Houston, and maybe, one day, Pete Gold would come back too. He point is, they cared about their community. That's a byproduct of having a smaller consumer base, you wind up making a connection with the people you deal with. The local farmers market probably has more feel-good connections with its customers than the CEO of McDonalds does with his customers. Same goes for independent games, the leaders are closer to their community. They're cults of personality. It's why I don't know the names of anyone working at EA, but do know that Phil Fish is an asshole. Back on topic, these developers were good guys. Their words were final, and they wanted the best for their community. So, before launch, they earned a lot of respect for saying, "No Microtransactions will be in Payday 2." They were independent, damn it, and they weren't sellouts like EA, Gearbox, Ubisoft, and the like!

This came back to bite them in the ass, once they added Microtransactions into Payday 2. The deal was, for $2.50, you can buy a drill on the Steam community market, and open a safe corresponding to the drill you got. Inside, would be a large collection guns, with fancy skins on them. You could look at them all you want, as they spinned around. Using the drill, you got one of these skins on one of your guns! Which skin it would be for, is complete random. Usually, it'd gravitate towards one of the common or uncommon ones, but it is possible to get it for rare one, that looked like the Russian flag raped an AK-47, and glued a dildo to the front. The quality of the skin would then be completely random. You could get the rarest skin in the game, but for arbitrary reasons, it'd be thrown through a meat grinder and a bathtub full of gravel before you got it. Maybe, if you're extra lucky, it'll only be thrown in the gravel bath! This, admittedly, wasn't the worst part. The worst part was the stat boosts. Skins, the rarer ones at least, came with stat boosts for guns. Some skins came with pre-attached mods, but this was different. Sure, they were small, but that was devious. Every boost nowadays was small. And, besides, the principle is wrong. For $2.50, one guy with the same exact gun as you will be better than you, objectively. And then there were the skins that lowered concealment, which altered the meta drastically. You could run a full concealment build with a skinned-up revolver, and an LMG. Think about that. The definition of stealth, can carry an LMG, and a revolver that's painted purple. Add to the fact that the skins also looked garbage, and people got pissed.

Super pissed.

This was the moved that fucked up everybody. People were spilling around the conspiracy that OVERKILL only did the rebalance to fuck weapons up so badly that you needed the weapon skins to fix them. This was, admittedly, untrue, but it was still a complete fucking dick-move on OVERKILL's part. You promise something, and you should be held accountable for it if you don't hold that promise up. They'd come out and say that they only meant that there'd be no Microtransactions at launch, but this is some serious mind-screwery right here. Like, once the game's released, all bets are off? Yeah, like that time FIFA 2k15 promised to provide amazing football/soccer action, and then two months later, turned into an FPS about exploring the human condition while shooting demons from hell with Football Cannons and Gatorade.

So, remarkably, fucking everyone got pissed. Reddit, 4chan, Holla Forums, Kotaku, Polygon, Essex, you name it, they probably did a piece about it. Even Jimmy "The Cuck Prince" Sterling bashed them! When does that ever happen? Last time I checked, Fuck You, OVERKILL is still the most upvoted post on Payday Reddit, and that's nice and good. Yeah.

But, Crimefest continues! So, see you next time, for Day2!

Here you can take my trainer. Pirate Perfection v1.1.1 Free version (because forced signups are the epitome of faggotry)

mega.nz/#!uFwTmTgC!DPQypxW4ujEpW65dfzE6xxaDebOt8q0edURxthqN9_0

It has all the DLC unlocked & turns your laser sight red, also gets rid of the annoying sidescrolling messages that come with the trainer by default.

To install, just extract the contents into your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PAYDAY 2
directory.

To use ingame, use F1 & F2 buttons, and the keypad numbers.

If you crash to desktop, just keep trying until it works. That happens sometimes.

Mayday 2 group is here btw: steamcommunity.com/groups/MayDayToo

My computer is having problems but I'll see if I can play later.

Faggot, if you're offering to play Payday 2, I need a group to join. Fuck randumbs and their bullshit.

Men's Right Women
Momma's Right Wiggle
Mark's Real Whore
Monday Rusting Willy

chat's open right now, we're about to get a game going. come join.

John Wick is the best though

Day 2

Masks, baby. Five, big, beautiful masks. One of which, the Baba Yaga, corresponded to the, "Kill 1,000,000 or so gangsters," challenge. And it was the shittiest, by far. The others looked okay, if a bit boring, but only 2 of them were masks. The other three were hats. The tiara, hardening back to the days of the balaclava, also had a bad habit of clipping through people's heads. Not much today.

You could say that it's bullshit having each of these challenges correspond to only one mask per challenge, but I think a bigger problem is that they're all Vlad's masks. Let me explain. Vlad, was one of the four original contractors for Payday 2, alongside Bain, Hector, and the Elephant. Vlad's missions were all about doing petty crap for him, like racketeering, and busting up some idiot's nightclub. They weren't crazy, because the crazy heists belonged to Hector (with his gang connections), the Elephant (for great stealth maps), and later the Dentist (for big-ness. The maps were huge, and felt huge). Then, in 2015, Vlad started getting a lot more love. Hector was slated to be killed off for Hoxton's Revenge, and the Dentist was winding down as well, so the only remaining contractors were Bain, Vlad, and the Elephant. The Butcher doesn't count, she got two heists and then committed seppuku or something. Don't really care, I liked the Dragan character pack enough. Anyways, OVERKILL needed someone to dump the wacky heists on, and Vlad was the guy. Besides, he was a wild and crazy guy to begin with, so it made sense. The community fell in love with Vlad, and then OVERKILL plastered his ugly mug on the Black Market, or Microtransactions business. I can't even look at the guy the same anymore, personally. It feels like when you hang out with a friend, after you find out he's a sexual predator, or vampire, or something. It's terrible. And that's how I dragged out this segment on five masks.

Day 3

The Aftershock Heist! The first of three free heists in the Crimefest 2016 bundle! The premise follows as such: Vlad recently got into the black market business, and has connections with the West Coast (California). However, because the West Coast (California) is the Earthquake capital of the world, an earthquake happened. So, Vlad and Bain discussed the matter over the phone, and now the Payday gang are forced to secure Vlad's stupid fucking safes. Quote from the website, "During catastrophe, emergency services get stretched to the limit. Hospitals are overwhelmed. Police respond only to the most urgent appeals and Looter's run wild on the streets. These periods of disaster are perfect for the heister who is willing to exploit the chaos." Jesus Christ, this entire heist makes the gang look like assholes. We're going to this horrible, disaster-stricken area, to shoot around 250 police officers and FBI units, and then leave with gobs of safes. We even run up to homeless people, smack them in the face with a shovel, and then tying them down as hostages. Keep in mind, emergency services are stretched to the limit even without the Payday gang killing hundreds of the people trying to keep the relative peace. Might as well drive a semi through the maternity ward while we're at it! Always wondered what human tastes like, we can pick some up at the local cemetery, after doing some grave robbing!

All that aside, the heist is underwhelming. I've heard that, even nowadays, the mission still runs like wet hot garbage, because of all the effects, mobs, and props strewn around. That could be the first thing you'll see. The second thing would be that the West Coast (California) looks rather well-off after what was a supposed major earthquake. Aftershock (that's all, folks!) might not have happened yet, but we had enough time for the thing to get on national television, Vlad's stupid ass to see it, him to contact Bain about it, Bain making the necessary preparations at the area for the necessary materials and such, and then to actually ship four of these motherfuckers from Washington D.C. to the West Coast (California), all before aftershock? The damage looks too tame, is what I'm saying.

It's also insulting that we have to save Vlad's safes, and the things weigh a ton. We do have a solution, though. After we wait for a helicopter to drop off C4, and planting said C4 on a wall, we get a giant truck to transport the safes in! However, if you'd already moved the safes to the wall in that time (and you have time. I remember doing it for myself the first time, so it's not hard.), then you'll drive it a total of 10 feet in order to wait again. Don't move the safes, and you get to drive 150 feet (about 50 meters). The map is too small to warrant the use of a vehicle, but it's always nice to drive like you're in the Arctic circle. At the end of the day, it was a mediocre heist, which wasn't helped by the addition of safes two days earlier. One of these days, Almir is going to talk to us about it, I'm sure…

Day 4

Stupid Quality of Lofe Bullshit! Bots can trade hostages, but don't prioritize keeping hostages around, or prioritize staying alive to free hostages, for that matter! Also, you can now check a little box when starting a server to show if you're prioritizing stealth or loud, but no one uses it (and I can't even find the fucking button. I'm not retarded, but they made it hard to find, for me at least.)

Day 5

The new Community LMG! It's worse than one of the existing ones in every way, but it's free! This was a neat gesture, because LMG's were coming to the forefront of the meta at this point. Buffed ammo pickup, and comparable accuracy and stability to Assault rifles. Also had the -20% movement penalty removed, and the minigun's -40% movement speed penalty was also removed, and created a funny glitch where, if you equipped the mods that reduced the size of the gun, you moved 20% faster. (Basically, doing this in the past made the minigun only move 20% slower, rather than 40%. So, equipping the mods gave it a +20% speed buff, which was offset by the -40% debuff. Once they removed the debuff, they didn't change the +20% bonus, so you could run at super-speed with a minigun out. And only a minigun. This lasted for months, before finally being patched out) This also introduced the LMG bipod, which, for the penalty of reducing your range of vision to a 60 degree arc in front of you, you had near godlike accuracy and stability with LMGs. These were something that has been wanted for a long time, would be a wonderful addition to the game if A.) Almir would answer the mob outside his house with the guillotine about why he added Microtransactions to his game, and B.) if it didn't break the game. Basically, if you deployed, undeployed, redeployed, etc. the bipod enough times, you'd glitch the game. Half the time, it'd make enemies not target you anymore. The other half of the time, the ground would give out from under you, and you'd fall into purgatory for the rest of the game, until you were kicked. So, great on paper, just shoddy execution.

And then there was still Microtransactions. And not a word had come out from OVERKILL, Lionshead, 505 Games, whatever the fuck you want to blame. Tight as a clam. If the deva would have done any damage control at that point, they might've had a snowball's chance in hell at keeping the system how it was. But, the OVERKILL devs were greedy, and had a nice decoy plan ready…

Day 6

Free drills! Yes, OVERKILL listens to all you schmucks, and we hear you loud and clear. Drills have the chance to drop now! You can suck our cocks whenever you want, now, you know where they're located. This would've fixed it, if the drill drop chance had been elaborated on. Basically, due to some of the people on Reddit being math guys, they found out that it had a (I'm guessing here, it's been half a year) a 1/128 chance of replacing a safe drop chance, which only occurred around 5 times a week. Tell me that fixes the issue, of having Microtransactions. It's like, Mikey from down the street drove his car through your roof while under the influence, and says that building a fence around the roof fixes the problem. It doesn't, Mikey.

Also, the devs added in First World Bank from Payday: The Good One to Payday 2. This is after saying that doing this would be too intensive on their console, and that they'd rather make new, quality heists for the game. That was back at launch, and around the time they had the gall to release the Armored Transport Heists. Anyway, since all bets are off for promises, might as well break some of the ones that'll make us look cool to the community as well. It's, First World Bank. They added a way to stealth it, and a couple of extra hallways, but it's First World Bank. It even has the OVERVAULT, but with the added retardation of you, instead of just picking up the gold and instantly receiving the EXP, now you have to bring it to the van. The gold in the OVERVAULT, bring it to the van. In case you're wondering, that's ~70 bags of gold. You gotta bring it all individually. You got a bag shortcut by the desks to activate the vault, but you still have to walk all that gold from the OVERVAULT to the vent, and then from the drop off point to the van. It's tedious, but you don't have to do it. Only the pros. And FYI, I did complete the OVERVAULT. First time doing Deathwish, too, because I was afraid of it for the longest time. After an hour straight in Deathwish, in the OVERVAULT, I decided that that was the going to be the high point in Payday 2, so I uninstalled, and never went back.

Day 7

Not much! We got character preferences, but that should've been in the game since John Wick. Also, Le Castle Vania is now a producer of music, since Simon Viklund jumped ship. God bless you, Vikky, may fortune shine down on your beautiful music career. Also, don't remind me of better games, OVERKILL. I'd rather play Dracula's Curse for NES without a guide than play Payday 2 right now.

Day 8

SWAT Van gets a rework! Now, instead of having upwards of 100,000 hp, it has three doses of 15,000 hp. It hides in itself after each dose is done, and never respawns, so it's slightly better? Also, more masks, specifically stolen from the rubble that used to be Hollywood. So, I guess it was California. Yeah, Chains, just take those fucking Oscars, why not? And hey, let's also drive a bulldozer through Grauman's Chinese Theater while we're in the neighborhood! Finally, a free safe and drill are release alongside First World Bank. Whoop de fucking doo.

I'll try and help fill in the blanks best I can, not much happened in between now and then, but it was appalling enough to be note worthy

Fuck you for reminding me of that

DONT GIVE ME THIS "LOL THE PAYDAY GANG ARE WANTING CRIMINALS" BULLSHIT EITHER BECAUSE A. THE ROADS ARE TOO FUCKED GET A REASONABLE SIZED FORCE THERE QUICKLY AND B. THERES A FUCKING EARTHQUAKE GO FUCKING HELP PEOPLE RATHER THAN FUCK WITH CLOWNS WHO ARENT CURRENTLY DOING ANYTHING ILLEGAL AS FAR AS YOU KNOW

Realistically, they'd be classed as terrorists by the US. They'd absolutely the FBI's most wanted.
I don't know why the government don't just put D.C. on lockdown and send the Nation Guard in.

This, they've helped transport fucking nuclear arms before, and in the Nation's capital no less, Payday 2 is either a shit game or a realistic work of satire mocking Ongobongo's administration

they were literally doing legitimate work, bringing back cargo from an earthquake isn't illegal

*National

To be fair, they were probably talking about the console ports… even though the first payday had a PS3 port that ran First world bank at 60fps, but hey, GOTTA "improve" MUH GRAFX

But that would mean they'd have to make new models and change variables, do you know how hard that is? They're a small indie group, they can't afford that.
They might even have to make new assets for levels or find another hobo to record more lines for your fat guy with a headset!
You must not know anything about game design, stop complaining about free stuff, god.

Payday 2's console versions, at least the ps3 and 360 versions, NEVER got content past Armored transport, and even then not until MONTHS after the fact, like almost a full year, after the PC players had been dining on the newest shit for ages and look at armored transport in the rearview mirror as bullshit OVK shat out to placate people who thought there were no good heists, so if that was their excuse, its a pretty shit one

from what I hear the PS4/XB1 versions aren't much better, they had all the content that the PC version had when they were originally released, but haven't gotten shit since

Nice.

You're welcome.

Day 9

Slaughterhouse from Payday: First comes out. It's even more of a copy than First World Bank. Also, glasses are added, which I hated, because A.) they aren't fucking masks, and B.) I realize that there were not-mask masks back at the Infamy update, but that was a sign of prestige. You wore aviators not because it was trendy, but because you're a survivor who spits in the face of convention, leaving no witnesses at the scene of your crimes. Now, any fuckface can wear stupid shit on their face, and feel special.

Day 10

The big one. The honky-tonk. The worst thing on Earth. Memes. I'll give OVERKILL credit where credits due; once the company flops, we'll need to hunt down the people in charge of hyping things to the public, because they are too good at their jobs. Personally, I got shivers when I was watching that trailer. But then, I saw what it was for: jump animations. Understandably, I was pissed off, but not just because this was a stupid idea, but because I was manipulated. The final day of Crimefest 2015, of the Mayday, was a jump animation, four meme masks, and four meme achievements. What they were thinking was beyond me. Doesn't help that new players won't get the joke behind it, and stand there, head cocked to the side, thinking, "…Huh?" Regardless, Crimefest 2015 is out the door, and fell on the floor, into a coma. My biggest disappointment was in the hell-raisers, who left the game at that point (myself included). Because, months later, after it was all said and done, the community was placated. It took a while, for sure, but the r/paydaytheheist that exists today isn't the one that I studied during Crimefest.

And, relatively speaking, this was an interesting Crimefest. Compare the other Crimefest, and the Spring Break

Personally, I liked the Spring Break event the most. Sure, it was marred with controversy, but at the end of the day, we got a lot of stuff for free. And none of it was god awful, just, at worst, mediocre, and at best, up to preference. Crimefest 2015 would have been the powerhouse if it wasn't for micros, though. However, it'd wouldn't have been as funny otherwise.

This has got to be bait, right?

Glasses have always been hilarious to me

check em

>it gets removed and replaced with a clown mask Which really all of them should but it still looked like shit

I always found it funny that Jumping wasn't allowed in casing mode

there was a collection of images with my meme mask and some text on them, dunno if anyone has them

Also, does anyone want to play?

It hurts.

you wanna know the worst part about that?

they had to remove the meme masks because someone owns the rights to the trollface image for official use

I shit you not

that man is a fucking hero

Don't think this shit is done! We've only just begun!

Completely OVERKILL pack Fallout, and Halloween

This is the part where I start getting hazy, so any help or corrections would be groovy. From what I can remember, after Crimefest, JamesBlack47, Ashley, and some other moderators on the forums managed to get an exclusive interview with Almir Listo about what the fuck happened. His response was golden. For two hours, James and the crew were talking to the equivalent of a rock with a tape recorder glued to it that repeated "It's not our fault" ad nausium. People were finally seeing how garbage Almir was, and it felt so good to be against this guy.

Then, to get on people's good graces, Almir released the second half of the Completely OVERKILL pack, and it was awful. They gave those loyal few a safe and free drill. Inside, was one of 25 different skins for weapons. They had to play roulette with a drill to see what reward they got for schlepping out $20 for 4 masks and a promise. And, again, even if they got a good skin, they had to play double or nothing, to see whether Almir would randomly throw it into the gravel bathtub and meat grinder. And, should you get a good skin, with good skin, you gotta play triple or nothing, to see whether or not the skin you got was for a gun you don't own, due to not having the associated DLC. However, this wasn't so much a problem with the CO Safe as it was for the others, because OVERKILL, being so generous, gave these fans all the DLC up to the Western Pack at this time. Only problem, is that the majority of these fans already owned these DLC's, and couldn't gift the DLC's they already owned to their poorer friends. Guess OVERKILL isn't that generous after all! This got the community as pissed as it ever got, or will get in the future (fingers crossed, though!), which got OVERKILL to act fast. Not to adjust the drop rates to give mint condition skins in all CO safes, or to gift the DLCs to the fans that already owned them, or to give them something worth $20. They gave them 10 masks. Sorry, 5 masks, and they're still working on the other 5. What a shitshow.

Finally, the Halloween heist, which released after I left. At this point, I had left, so take what I say with a grain of salt. One night, on Hallow's Eve, Bain sat down in the safe house yoked off his balls, and decided to shrink the heisters. Once shrunk, the heisters were dropped off at the Meth House in Rats: Day 1 and Cook Off, and were forced by Bain and the Mega Cloaker to cook them meth,musing their tiny mice hands, while fighting off A.) never-ending waves of shrunk cops, who probably didn't sign up for this, and B.) a spider. The only reason I bring up this heist is because it's the second Halloween heist in the game. The first, Safehouse Nightmare, was a Halloween event where the heisters were stuck in a nightmare brought upon by the demons who walk when Halloween rolls into D.C. Countless Bulldozers spawn, but without heads, making them super-hard to kill. Ghosts popped up, people would get flashbanged, there was fire everywhere, it was spooky. And only popped up during Halloween, so if you didn't get your Brazil Baby mask, sorry, wait another year, pal. The Lab Rats heist, however, due to popular demand, is a year-long event, which is bizarre. Of the two, the Safehouse Nightmare would've been easier to accept as canon: say some lines about fear gas getting pumped in or whatever. Imagine having just bought the game, and playing Lab Rats an hour in. You'd think, "Whoa. This is pretty fucking stupid." So, just my take on the matter.

But, hol' up, 'cause it's gonna get stupider in a second…

Didn't know that low quality trolling and being a drama queen makes you are hero.

He takes down shit games that use the troll face, at least, he's better than swami at least

As cancer as LE RAGE FACES are, being a copyright jew doesn't make you a hero or a decent height

That's a pretty fucking large stretch there, user

Lab Rats was a fun enough diversion. Having a new spin on the same old shit is nice.

it was fucking bullshit was what it was, it was unbeatable on the higher difficulties

The OVERKILL Curse

The OVERKILL Curse. The odd pattern that has risen up over the years. The jurisdiction is simple. First, OVERKILL will partner up to do some promotional content, and then, second, said content will turn out mediocre or shit. Third, if the content isn't already mediocre or shit, it will quickly become mediocre or shit. Fourth, nothing escapes this process. Disappointment Bat/The Walking Dead was bad. John Wick was alright. Speedrunners was alright, but then the Youtuber pack came out to make it crap. Hotline Miami avoided this for a while, but then Hotline Miami 2 came out, and was only okay, compared to how amazing it felt the first time. Hell, even Payday 2 suffered from second-hand exposure over the years. And, finally, the crossover that cemented it in my mind, the Point Break Heist.

The premise is simple. Some random schmuck from Murkywater PMC (Shadow Raid, Slaughterhouse, and Meltdown. Those guys) found a way to hack into Crime.net, the entire basis for the activity of Bain and the Payday Gang. Rather than, say, use this information to stop the nefarious criminals who have slaughtered several of his co-workers and have stolen millions of dollars of their property, he instead decides to blackmail the payday gang into slaughtering more of his co-workers and steal millions of dollars of their property more. Point Break 2015/6 was shit anyway, so it stands to reason that the plot for anything related to it would be shit. However, from what I've heard, the heists themselves are alright. The first, was Beneath the Mountain, which has, to my knowledge, no connection to the movie (and I watched the thing. I knew it was bad, but I didn't expect it to be that bad). You invade an Area 51-esque bunker, fight through Murkys and police, do some stuff, probably stupid stuff, and then zip on out. But wait, there's more! You then proceed around the side of the mountain, to blow some satellite dishes up, and then escape. Overall, people liked it, but I think it might get old after a while. The second, Birt of Sky, is more related to the movie. You sneak onto an airplane, fight Murkys, and then drop money palettes out of the sky. First, as pointed out by JamesBlack47, the plane itself is more expensive than the money could possibly be worth. Just pop in the cockpit, put your pilot in the controls, and then jump out or something. Second, the point of doing this in the movie was to release money to the impoverished, and then BASE jump into a really big hole in South America. In this, it's to take the money. Why not just rob a bank? I think that Big Bank might even give more money, too, but don't quote me. Anyway, you jump down to a diner from the 50's, fight cops, steal the money palettes back, and then escape down the sewers with AN AIRBOAT! YOU LIKED IT IN HALF-LIFE 2, RIGHT?!? You take it, and then slowly steer it down a forest corridor, devoid of any real challenge. Other than all that, people liked it, but I haven't tried it, so maybe I would like it too. They also released a Deagle-reskin, but it seems a lot like the Deagle to me.

Then there's Bodhi. He's the next character (13th), and came free. You can practically hear OVERKILL leaning over your shoulder and whispering, "See? You got a character pack for free! AREN'T MICROTRANSACTIONS WORTH IT?!" He talks annoying, because I had to watch a movie with this prick in it. His perk deck is an interesting idea, but I haven't done any testing with it, so who knows. His gun is the important thing, though. His is the Platypus 70, which is some sort of sniper rifle. This is hugely important, because this is the first free, real sniper rifle the game has. This is important, because OVERKILL is now trying to make up for Crimefest 2015, by addressing the biggest problems they see right now. First of all, they stopped dropping as many melees in their packs. Second, they're trying to destroy the image that the game is Pay-2-Win, by giving game-changers like Sniper Rifles away for free. Now, players who buy DLC aren't quite as powerful as those who don't. Overall, okay stuff, if really dumb, but really shit movie.

This thread just keeps on giving. I cannot properly express how smug I am for not buying in on this when it looked like a tempting coop shooter.

You answered your own question there, m8. This decision doesn't come from a good place nor with good intentions, it just reeks of ENGAGE THE BRAKES, ACTIVATE DAMAGE CONTROL seeing as how nobody wants to play their poor-man's CS:GO with p2w mechanics.

They only want people back to rethink their strategies to turn their overtly scummy microtransactions into subtle "pay more pls" mechanics. From what I can tell, though, most people ain't taking the b8.

Which is good because fuck everyone who even thinks about microtransactions in any positive way.

Well, until you come back, I've got another for you story anons: how Almir Listo fanned the flames even more

Almir's Reddit AMA: Atonement

So its been a few weeks now since the absolute shitstorm that was Crimefest 2015, and Overkill had said NOTHING other than some sneering little jabs at people who were pissed at the microtransactions (See: pretty much everyone, even reddit)

So obviously, the community is pissed, even the ones that were sorta placated by the few good things to come out of it were pissed, at the lack of communication from OVK more than anything else

So in an attempt to Save Face, Almir Listo tries to reach out with an olive branch: an AMA, for those of you who don't know, its a reddit thing, usually where celebrities answer stupid meme questions asked by children on reddit, usually its all in good fun and easy good PR to promote a movie, a documentary, whatever, slam dunk goodwill from people who know who you are, free advertising for people that don't

Sounds like an easy out for them, right? They answer a few questions, placate the community with promise of more good things to come, and overall come out better than they did going in, right?…

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAHHAHAH

no

As the other Story user has pointed out, r/paydaytheheist was at a boiling point in the following weeks after Crimefest 2015,these people were mad, like really mad, which is truly an accomplishment to be noted, I can think of few other companies that have pissed off such a typically dev dicksucking, apologist hugbox of a community

Almir dodges all the hard questions, and the few he does answer only makes matters worse for him, He basically tells everyone that dislikes the system to fuck off because their sales statistics are good, and so therefore a majority of the community must like it

He also says that the cash from the MTs wouldn't mean all DLC will be free DLC in the future, making everyone question why they were implemented in the first place for any other reason than to line their fucking pockets

and all of his comments were heavily downvoted, aka disagree button'd to hell, I'm not talking -4 or -5 here, his comments were well below the threshold that site requires for your comment not to be buried, most were at over -100

Hell, the thread itself only stayed on the frontpage of r/paydaytheheist to begin with because it was stickied, it was so heavily downvoted, its score wouldn't even show, it was likely far below 0

and with that, waves of people left, either to start a community of players commuted to playing on the update just before the safes were added or people who decided to just to cut their losses and stop playing, telling anyone along the way to never trust Overkill ever again

The community was left in shambles, but the as the truly angry left, r/paydaytheheist shifted back to the accepting shithole hugbox that it was once more, white-knighting for OVK harder than ever.

You forgot the part where a bunch of faggots on reddit, likely burner accounts from OVK, tried to damage control any negative reaction to a PAID tie-in promotion with endless posts of "LOL GUYS LOOK ITS SPIKE SPAGHETTI'S GUN FROM COWBOY DOODLEYBOP, ISN'T THAT SO COOL? XDDDDDDXDDDDDDDDD"

I do admit though, it is a nice gun, and you can mod it to look exactly like Spike's gun

Gracias, matey. Forgot about that. Anyways…

Christmas, and More Dumb

Something I forgot to mention about Lab Rats. It had the worst song in the Payday 2 OST, in my opinion. Donacdum sounds absolutely nothing like anything else in the game, and not in a good way. It has vocals from all the characters in the game, using their in-game quips. Real annoying if you're playing with those same characters. Only saving grace is that you can choose to never hear it, and the remix done by MarioInATopHat.

Now, for the Christmas Heist. From what I can make out, Vlad the Rapist kidnapped some elves from the local Make a Wish Foundation, and is making you protect them in Vlad's shitty barn while they make meth. First, why can't we make meth ourselves? We do it on Rats, Cook Off, Lab Rats, Hotline Miami, The Bomb: Dockyard, and probably one or two others. We've memorized the directions, I can make meth in my sleep (Muriatic Acid, Caustic Soda, Hydrochloric Acid. Bam. Meth. Gimme $650,000). Ask any Infamous player, they can make meth in their sleep. My grandma makes meth in her sleep. We know how to make meth, Bain, we don't need Fucky and Tithead to make it for us. Second, we now have flamethrower traps?! Holy shit! Can we have some of those retrofitted into older maps, like- oh, what? No? And they'll never be used again? Oh. It's another holdout map, with the catch that you can only stay as long as you have elves, not until you want out, so automatically shittier than Cook Out or White Xmas.

The big kerfuffle, though, was with the latest advance on the Microtransactions front. Now, new Christmas Safes had team boosts, which gave players stuff like +2% XP, or +4% money. The bonuses were deceptively small, but they had impact. To elaborate, now, if a player is using the same exact gun, he's not only objectively better than you, but also benefits more from his gun than you will from yours, because it gives him more money and XP, cutting the grind down substantially, if used every time. People were outraged, and Skin Unlocker Cheats floated around the Payday subreddit, but hush-hush like, or else, "The Man," he'll come and get ya! OVERKILL, smelling the shark approaching the blood in the water, decided against this at Christmas, and let stat boosts and team boosts drop from card drops at the end of missions now. So, effectively, this was the update that defeated the notion that Microtransactions were Pay-2-Win. You could still pay for them, but you didn't need to. And most people didn't. And I was crushed, because retards on Reddit were saying that Payday was saved. Can't have everything, can we?…

I put 750 hours into this game. I like the general gameplay and had a couple of friends that I played with a shitload. I quit when they announced microtransactions, and might come back after they're gone to see what the skills thing is like.

For what it's worth, the Lab Rats heist is pretty decent.

Goats

So, at this point, I think the Goat Simulator Heist dropped, around the beginning of the New Year. Too early to be April Fools, everyone said. "How can it be anything but?" others replied. Goat Simulator, the mediocre meme game (like, legitimate meme game, like Suits: A Business RPG or Broquest) that Marky Mark, Poodookpup, Scepticwhateverthefuck, Toby "The Rapist" Turner, the Minecraft Dwarf and his Twink, etc. play every time it updates. Everything about the game is absurd. What could you even make with the premise? The game has goats, and its a broken mess that would've been laughed off the realms of existence ten years earlier. That's like being asked to make promotional content for Tomb Raider about Michael Jackson's Moonwalker. It's like being asked to make a birthday cake with the theme of, "bricks." This was a bad idea, everyone said. It was, a really bad idea. OVERKILL was still trying to crawl outta the shithole it dug itself from Crimefest, and the Point Break Heists and Christmas dealio would only cover so much ground. They couldn't fuck up majorly again. Goat Simulator heist sucks, then the entire rest of the community leaves. Done. No questions asked.

Well, I guess Almir must not like using his Cursed Monkey Paw for just anything, because, for some strange reason, people generally agree that it's one of the better heists in a while. The plot goes, Vlad shoved cocaine up some goats' asses, and the goat truck exploded, launching goats everywhere. The payday gang arrives, and finds out that the goats caused a major house fire, and all the police are there to try to contain the panicking crowds. Then the Payday gang, a group of terrorists on par with ISIS at this point, show up. Goes about as well as you'd expect, really. The goats act as reskinned lootbags. You pick them up from house fires, electrical outlets, and jumping on cars, and then smash the little sons of bitches into the trunk of the Longfellow, the muscle car from Meltdown. You drive them somewhere, something happens, and then the first part is done. Then, you drive back to the barn where Vlad molested kidnapped elves, where you have to assemble the sky-cage from GO Bank (the best part of that map), and plop the goats into it, then drive off in the Longfellow. Overall, sounds interesting, but taxing on some systems, due to large playing field, and fire in Day 1.

There was no character pack for Goat Sim Heist. I don't even want to imagine what that'd be like (maybe a 30-something addicted to stale memes and YouTube personalities from 2007, to parallel the trend of meme kiddies who love Pardieplop and Game Grumps. In a better world, maybe…). They did release a new shotgun with it, though. It's… a reskin of the Locomotive 12g. Okay. Maybe this would've been cool back when Loco was king, but that dynasty ended mid-October. Overall, seems okay, but it makes you wonder: why make it a promotional for Goat Sim? It doesn't need promotion, that's the point. It's viral marketing, people shill it for free, because it's so random. If anything, Goat Sim was promoting Payday 2… Less time thinking about that, the better…

thats pretty much it for fuckups up until this point, no?

Maybe I'm forgetting something.

Sounds like he's telling it like it is.

Community came together to help kill a cripple. What else is there to see?

There was a bungie cord in there before it was edited out

more like he's being a greedy jew that just wants as much money as possible

Well, yes. And?

jew detected

Stopped playing around page 3.

Fucking glad I did…

Oh ho ho ho, silly user, there's never an end to fuckups, for, you see, every DLC they release is a fuckup in its own special way.

Boiling Point

Apt name.

The third promotional pack to come out, and I'm scared. I really wanted Hardcore Henry to be good, but the OVERKILL Curse still stands. Anyways, this heist completely fucks the lore of the game up (depending on how you view it, the lore could've been fucked up with the addition of Wick, or with Jacket, or, Hell, even the addition of the Inspire skill, but those are minor compared to this). Within the trailer for the new heist, an albino uses magic to Physics-gun a waitress into a wall, Japanese schoolgirls slit the throats of Russian goons with Katanas, a guy kills himself and then comes back as a different guy, it's completely insane. I watch the thing every week, and I still can't get over how stupid the entire thing is, in a beautiful way, but also completely kills all tension within the setting. I mean, finding Jiro's son isn't going to be enough, unless he shoots lightning and is voiced by Ellen Paige or someone. Remember Jiro? Forgot about him. OVERKILL did, too, so it's all good. Except for his son, but no bother. Anyways, this pack is promoting Hardcore Henry, and pulls a Point Break by giving you the character pack, but also gives you the heists. Jimmy is crazy, more so than Sydney, and he seems interesting enough. His gun, an SMG of some kind, looks like an SMG. It's gimmick is that it can be Akimbo'd, like John Wick's guns, but Akimbo SMG's seem pretty good. More bullets, easier to take down mobs of mobs. Also good if you want to pretend you're the Bear guy from Hotline Miami 2, Mark's his name, I think. Melee a shit, and perk deck seems like a shit too.

The Heists are different, at least. The premise, is that The Elephant wants the gang to go to Russia to help the Magical Albino Asshole do something evil. Then, Jimmy comes, and convinces the gang to, instead, do something good. This leads the gang to the Murky Station, which is another stealth-only heist (the third one, fourth if you count Framing Frames. I don't, but lots of people do). This one involves drones (cameras that can't be shot down), and the goal is to steal some EMPs. After that, they fly to Russia, and the gang are pushed out of a plane and told to disable AA guns. Once the gun has been hacked, the crew must then attack a Russian science hole, do some science stuff while shooting cops, and then escape with the science. Maybe the plot would make more sense if I watched the movie. Who knows. Who cares. It's free. It also gives players the Electric Brass Knuckles, which look fucking stupid, but act like a taser, narrowing the gap between DLC and not even further. It's almost like someone took over Almir's mind, and is making him do less stupid crap for some reason…

One final note: the Boiling Point Heist. People fell in love with it, more than usual. From what I could gather, all the police in Russia use different models than the ones in America, becaus this heist is in Siberia or something. The cops are all different colors than their American counterparts, so it's a new layer of challenge. However, there was also a bug, which, because the Russian cops weren't considered cops, they did gangster-levels of damage. This meant that there were new enemies, that took little damage before dying, but dealt near-Deathwish levels of damage in return. And people loved the map for that. It added challenge back to the game. Say what you will about the Platypus, the Electric Knuckles, and the new community grenade coming out for the 100th update: these releases are making the game easier. And he community wants challenge. OVERKILL, being retards, decided to fix the bug, and now people, just view the promotion as better than average, rather than good. Oh well…

Pic unrelated

I do have to give credit where credit is due, they have at least been seeming to dedicate at least SOME effort to bridge the gap there with the free machine gun, sniper rifle and now grenades

Too little too late I think

Mobile Robotic Waifu

Sydney, and Everything Else

Now, I know that the Wolf Pack DLC came out before the Boiling Point, but it's not that interesting, all things considered. Yes, it's paid DLC for maps from Payday: Genesis, but it's free if you already own the Wolf Pack DLC, and if you got the game for free at Crimefest 2014, you don't have a reason not to. It goes on sale for less than a dollar all the time. Counterfeit was changed to make it a survival map like White Xmas and Cook Out, but other than that, the maps are the same. The Melee is uninteresting. The weapon, the China Puff grenade launcher, seems like a balance between Piglet and GL40, and would be the first community explosive, if it wasn't for the fact that the Wolf Pack DLC is still DLC to some people. Didn't raise too bad a stink, but didn't redeem anyone in anyone's eyes.

There's a new skill rebalance, and I will admit I was skeptical at first. The problem with the skills was that there were too many useless ones. That's all anyone wanted to fix: remove skills like, "Increased ladder speed," and, "run backwards," and replace them with better ones. We didn't need a fundamental change in how skills worked. However, they are trying to balance it, by simply making everything incredibly overpowered. On paper, this could work, because, since everything's overpowered, you'll have to make tough choices about what skills you choose, just like if the game was balanced. This would be perfect, if they just upped the difficulty of the game at this point, like in Boiling Point.

OVERKILL decided to make all safes free from this point on, probably because no one buys drills anymore, and because their anti-cheat is shit. Emphasis on, "from this point on." All previous drills still exist, and still are needed for previous safes. Wait and see.

Finally, Sydney. Now, I don't know, but I thought she was going to look like the Fem-Sniper model, because I thought Almir said she'd be a bit more, "Conventionally attractive," than Bonnie or Clover. What I'm saying is, the trailer threw me for a loop. Christ alive, Clover was a better character than this, and she started this whole wicked business with character packs. Fuck, even Bonnie is better than Sydney, because you can at least extrapolate some enjoyment out of a fat, angry grandma hitting cops with a bottle. Sydney is just, unenjoyable. Her voice actress is wrong, her dialogue is wrong, she looks weird as shit, the Melee's only saving grace is that it looks pretty, and the weapon is hot ass on a skillet. 100 bullets in the magazine, another 100 in reserve. Has shit pickup, shit damage, and shit accuracy, so you'll be losing ammo even in the best of situations. Her perk deck is like anti-Grinder, which is meant to be a compliment. It regenerates armor with damage dealt, at the cost of lowering your health (a perk deck with drawbacks? Sorta like that them there Hitman perk deck, eh?). I don't think she was added for the SJWs, but then again, I haven't heard anything she's Sid outside of bits and snippets, so who knows. Wouldn't buy her, and that's another thing. She's the first paid DLC character to be paid for in a long time. Don't get too comfortable with Bodhi and Jimmy, boys, gaming belongs to the girls! :^)

In fact, I don't even think Sydney is a girl. I think she's a ghost. She has no reads to be in the team. Every new member had some purpose. Clover knew about THE Diamond and Hitler, Dragan made sure we got the bombs to the Butcher. Jacket helped Wolf with the Hotline Miami job, and Wick helped Chains at his Swedish mansion. Jiro is working for Bain as an indentured servant, and Houston was filling in for Hoxton. Hell, Jimmy turned us towards the path of righteousness, and Bodhi is supposedly a Crime Legend. Fuck, Bonnie had information helping Hoxton get revenge, and Sokol (remember him? He's the grinder guy) helped build the Big Fucking Drill for the Golden Grin Heist. Sydney has done nothing. Well, not nothing. FBI Files says she tried to rob the same bank as the Payday gang, but really, Vlad had fucked with some demons from Hell! And the spirits of the Damned came rushing back to Earth, refilling their old corpses, rising from the grave, hungry, determined, lusting to fulfill their most basic desire: eat, drink, kill, survive!

Or, maybe the pack is just shit.

And that's all I have to say about that. Thoughts?

yeah idk about that. People keep saying that but I honestly don't know a single person that was able to do it.

Anyway, before the overdrill update when you put a rep limit it meant something. The people that joined your game were as tryhard as you are and that is something I loved.

Also I don't really have the links anymore, but Overkill promised 50 heists on release for payday 2.

One of you happened to be around their forums back then? I probably could find the link if I searched hard enough but it would be really cool if one of you happens to have it.

It kinda pisses me off that people overlook this. Because I remember saying that there is no chance in hell we will get 50 heists on release (just look at other games like l4d2, maps of that size are hard to make) and people called me a idiot and said things like "why would they lie to us". But once the game was out nobody ever talked about it again.

Why are you angry at me? I'm neither one of those who did this nor one who financially supported it.

I really don't know how the keep pumping out literal shit like the sydney pack and getting away with it

NOTHING is redeemable from it, the weapons are shit, Sydney herself is an edgy Tumblr fan-fic chracter, and there's not even a heist to back it up like the others, or at least fun gameplay additions like what Jiro or Wick added to make up for their lack of any real purpose

The Drum magazine is restricted to the shit rifle included in the pack, so I don't see what the point was in there

But I digress, another solid writeup on the history of fuckups of OVK, I expect you or someone else to be back a few months down the line when they try and pull some stupid shit once again

I would say write something on the supposed "secret" in the game like in the first one, but at this point I think everyone agrees there isn't actually one and that OVK is just throwing everyone for a loop

The deagle reskin is cool but retarded. It's a Jericho 941, which is a fucking sexy gun, and even has a Bebop-inspired mod for it that's pretty sweet.
Stat-wise, though, it's batshit. It's the 9mm model of the 941, but magically does the same damage as the deagle brand deagle, only with much better concealment (at a cost of stability, which doesn't fucking matter at all on a semi-auto pistol, and a tiny bit of accuracy). Also the gun fires much faster and has more ammo than the deagle brand deagle.
The only actual downside to using it over the deagle is the slightly lower accuracy, which makes it so you usually need 2 shots to kill a sniper a mile away, instead of one.
The 941 with grinder on a silent killer/dodge build is fucking OP as shit, even more so than the deagle brand deagle by a bit.

user, Starbreeze IS Overkill. The higher-ups in both are the same.
Also, they just bought it from 505. Starbreeze are now the only owners.

Hot from the presses, hombre.

In Borderlands 2 case, even though the game can be called a piece of shit for various reasons, its still pretty playable and the stupid grinding keeps you going for enough time to not care about the DLC

Honestly, Payday 2 was a decent game until they started making it easier and easier and then kept adding more and more gimmicks. Not to mention the DLC worth 3x the base game's cost.

I watched some guy play Big Bank on Death Wish and his fucking health was regenerating. He got down to like 10% and then got ALL of his HP back in a few seconds. Wasn't that the point of the fucking shields in the first place?

Yeah, that DLC image is too similar to the Sex Pistols logo.

Am I the only one who fires up heists in single player to see if I can sneak through them on my own?

This is one of the only times of my life where I really got mad at something.

The goyim are so stupid nowadays it's impossible to see if they're being paid or doing it for free

What, these?

What the hell do you think, user

yeah

the game can still be fun with peeps, user

Any fucking game is fun with friends. Fucking F3AR is fun with friends. If you're playing with other people, have fun with a non-kike-infested game.

Well if you had a proper pan, I think you could do that. Make little brick-shaped cakes, colored to look like a clay, and then stack them on top of each other using icing for mortar. Make a wall out of it. Serve it at Trump's inauguration party.

I'm imagining a Payday heist where you rob a wedding now. I don't know what you could steal at a wedding, but it'd be a more interesting gimmick level than all the shit I've read in this thread so far.

When Jacket came in and after playing HM2 I started imagining Payday could take place in an alternate timeline where no nuclear war happened and the USA is still a puppet government of the USSR. Which makes the bank robbers seem like rebels fighting a corrupt system instead of just assholes. Could be both but it's shitty fanfiction-tier thinking.

It could be a continuation of the tiara heist where Vlad sends you in to fuck up Dmitri's wedding and steal the rings for shits and giggles.

That actually could be funny. Make a chunk of the mission doing petty bullshit while Vlad cackles like an asshole.

I don't know if players would enjoy being that much of a dick just because they were told to, but there is potential there.

That square face, holy shit

From the thumbnail I thought she had a shaved head and wore a bicorne. Then I looked closer and the horror set in.

I actually saw some guy wearing a Leddit shirt today at the store
Was embarrassing to even be around

Thanks man

I had to get to max level 3 times, and Diamond Heist was how I did it times 2 and 3.

Once a cloud sync issue made me lose my data, then when the Technician class came out there was a bug that could prevent you from getting the last AK upgrade if you were already 145, you could get the +rep crew bonus twice. Overkill never fixed it after months of waiting.

Anyway, Diamond heist could be pretty reliably soloed on overkill in 2-3 minutes once you had all the paths and spawns memorized. I'd do it with a public lobby and just beg my team to sit at spawn.

As for Overkill's lies, I think they promised 30 "heists", and I think it was in a video interview. Even by the most generous definition of a heist, counting the individual days and the clone maps, we had like 23 tops, and it remained that way for many many months. Then they shat out pay to win weapon DLC instead of making maps.

Fuck, forgot my image.

Any anons gunna screencap these updated story user posts?

The promised 5x more heists than the first payday. It was during an interview at E3 when they debuted the game. That was the very first lie I remember from them and I immediately accepted that the entire company was bullshit and stopped paying attention a month after game release.

It was David Goldfarb, who is a total SJW faggot and a jew. If you don't suck his dick on Twitter, he'll flip out and ignore you.

He was the guy who wanted to make Payday "The Dark Souls of Heist games" and he never played Payday 1.

He also worked on Battlefield 3 which ruined the franchise.

The fucking jews did this.

youtube.com/watch?v=z5pTvi-6gNw
I'm guessing this is the interview you're talking about. I had a completely different one in mind.

The interview I remember was from a non-native english speaker (Almir?) whom was sitting on a couch with his interviewer in an outside area and he specifically stated teh game would have "5x the heists of payday 1".

When people criticized this interview post-release the dev's/mods/whoever the fuck on steam defended him by saying that he misunderstood what he said because English isn't his first language. AS IF THAT BULLSHIT MADE ANY FUCKING SENSE FUCK YOU YOU COCKSUCKING DUMBSHITDICKING FAGGOTS.

I can't find a link for the interview i'm referencing yet.

Anyone have the screencap of Almir(?) flipping out and banning a modder or something who hacked in the Cloakers and then compared the act to going to a furniture store and sawing a bed in half?

Changing the way safes work won't fix the biggest problems with PD2. The $5 microtransaction weapon packs will still be there. John Wick will still be there. All the other shitty characters they've added will still be there. The retarded card drop system will still be there. Perhaps worst of all, the heists will still be boring, repetitive and uninspired.

There was a time I considered Overkill to be one of the best small-time developers around. PD2's release severely damaged my opinion of them, and over the last 3 years I've watched them do nothing but fuck up the game even more. I have no trust in Almir, or in the competency of the remaining team members at OVK.

true, it was 5x not 50. I just remember that it was some really weird unrealistic number.

Payday 2 was a game I had pre ordered asap. I had bought Payday 1 shortly after it's release and was such a big fan of it that I didn't think payday 2 could turn out bad.

We did not only get the heists we very promised, but the heists we got are small as hell.

Also that fucking skill tree. Why the fuck you have to lock away features that were free in previous games. In payday 2 you can't just go rampage in one game and then stealth in the other, you have to play according to your build which is imo crap.

And idk about you guys, but I had to play for 15 hours before I got my first freaking silencer. That shit never dropped for me.

And I honestly don't see them improving those things for payday 3.

congrats on that. I have over 150 hours in payday 1 now and I have a hard time doing that heist.

They are not paid for this, or maybe they are who knows. But there are a shitload of people who do this for free.

You see, coop games attract a special kind of retarded community. The kind of faggots that love ponies and friendship and gay stuff like that. People that are to afraid to go into vs because they hate losing against humans. These people also dislike all kind of negativity.

I am pretty sure that they truly believe that devs have their interests in mind.

Update just hit; time to see what the damage is.

it's live

HOW HARD IS IT TO PROOFREAD SOME SKILL DESCRIPTIONS? FUCK

That's probably intentional, user.

She looks like she came straight out of Live is Strange.

I actually like the new skill trees. There's a lot more fun shit to play around with, and pretty much all of the skills that were cut were useless garbage anyway.

RUNNING IN THE 90s

Try doing it with the Izhma.

Jesus fucking christ
the game basically just destroyed itself because none of the skills have any of the same names and they cut them all in half

I uninstalled this piece of shit the second microtransactions were added, and even if I wanted to install it to see what was changed with update 100, I literally can't since it's 30 fucking gigabytes. What did they do this time.

It's like I'm playing a first person Hotline Miami

Take ouot the micro transactions for future crates, previous crates still gotem.

which skills would those be?
I got mainly shotgun ones because it allows me to shoot fast, you just kill fast when bullets too slow

Holla Forums you have to help me, I know someone who defends Overkill and these microtransactions every day. He will literally not stop at any moment to talk about fucking
PAYDAY

He's a good fucking goy, I'll tell you that. I'm only associating with him because he's in a group I'm in.

Help.

send him to Holla Forums

I dont want to get back into this game but holy fuck they managed to actually fix something I really hated about it

for real? that always pissed me off about the game, anytime I wanted to respec on a specific skill I'd need to wipe all my trees and would lose money I put into it in the process

this is good news

The entire skill Brawler tree from Fugitive
Dodge skills, and the ones that let you run faster
Shock and Awe from Enforcer(for punching shields)
The rest is up to you
I use the Infiltrator Perk deck, but check out Jiro's to see if that works too
I personally got Swan Song for the shits and giggles

I tried the beta and god damn if this wasn't the best thing ever.

mind linking to his profile?

I wouldn't mind if they removed all.

imo things that are needed to properly play the game should be free, like enough zip ties for everyone, or the ability to make enemies fight for you, or all that Stockholm Syndrom shit where civilians help you.

(checked)
You're welcome.

lol'd.

The game just has to many skills that can lead to you getting banned, for example helping someone up from a distance or that bag that causes you to be able to shot without having to reload.

Tried my best, not near a computer at the moment.

Sydney's review was a bit large, couldn't fit all of it in

web.archive.org/save/http://8ch.net/v/res/9507530.html
web.archive.org/web/20160603023233/http://8ch.net/v/res/9507530.html

I've retried about 10 time now, it doesn't make it past the "press any button the continue" screen. I just want to play this shitty game again with the content that was promised.

I get kicked from games all the time by mongoloids for "stealing kills" (read: carrying hard).
Nearly solo a DW big bank, nabbing 250~ kills (even though I loaded most of the bags once vault was open, not getting any kills then). Kicked as soon as it ended, so didn't get card drops.
It's worst when kicked after first day completed on a multi-day heist for no reason.

So, I've been trying to make a melee build viable for all OK, and HOPEFULLY some DW heists.
So far it's still pretty damn rough, but you need sneaky bastard and shock proof from ghost, inspire from mastermind, shock and awe from enforcer, and messiah, feign death, and most of the Brawler tree from fugitive (though do NOT ace berserkser).
I've tried a few perk decks now, and seems the only options for being able to stay alive are sociopath (2 second cooldown on melee health regen, instead of infiltrator's 10 second) or grinder (1.5 second cooldown, but it seems to be slightly less healing, and it's the only perk while sociopath has the "enemies nearby stop shooting at you" thing).
It's viable in OK, but only for fun; it's not a carry build like inspire/silent killer/dodge/pistol damage.
If you're caught out at range, you can easily kill people with whatever gun you bring, but you have 0 defenses. What you need to do to stay alive is literally through yourself at enemies slashing for constant heals. On overkill, a group of enemies will kill you in a couple seconds of focus fire, so you need to be CONSTANTLY moving and slashing to dodge and heal through it. On deathwish you basically get killed by a single burst from a single enemy, so it's only viable on very very small maps where you can constantly hide around corners, jump out and slash niggas, and hide again.

pretty sure Whynne owns the rights to Trollface, not that fucking manlet.

pic related, where it all started

Kinda late, but here it is: steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198261078478/

It's definetely not the most autistic thing, but he sure loves defending Overkill for this shit and openly defends the Goat Sim DLC

I can go on and on about things I hate about him. Most notably:

saging for blog post, but I hate any time I'm near this asshole.

user he's a kid

Yeah well he's supposedly going to college next year, so I can't wait to see how pozzed he becomes on top of all this.

I find it reassuring how some things seem to never change.

But this is an exception.

What do you mean by that?
It's an exception to never changing, or it's an exception to not being reassuring?

The latter.

Holy fuck this game is fun again

Is it still a bag-carrying simulator?

yup

does the dlc unlocker and trainer still work? I kinda want to fart around with the jacket build like the other user mentioned

I think they do, but don't play online. They mark you as a cheater.

Wait, THAT'S where I got those safes? THAT was what I got?

Those fucking cunts.

Look at the man in the red jacket on the left. He's not a magician.

I've been watching Payday since the crimefest with interest, to see what they're going to do. Suprisingly, they do seem to be unfucking some of their shit. The ranter above me has pretty much covered things perfectly so I'll just throw in these nuggets:

I stopped playing it after the crimefest shit and returned to check out update 100 and ended up staying. Heres a rundown of whats different:

All in all its pretty fun now, so its at least playable again. Dont give Overkill any money though because I doubt it will last very long before they start fucking up again

Let's never play this heist again.

But Hardcore Henry was fucking sweet.

I'll go back to it once they balance the pistols and take out all the "l33t heavy armor like tanx n shiet" they've been putting in. I want a normal good ole fashioned bank heist, not some autistic infinite warfare advanced military bank robbery simulator.

Shadow Raid is still my favourite heist for that and many other reason. I remember when I started out, and I played bag-boy down in the sewers while the three infamy guys did the dirty work. I memorized their strategies, and kept track of all the little tricks they showed me, until they decided I was ready to start helping out for real. I screwed up a few times, sure, but they were always understanding.

We must have run it 40 times that night, until I had it all down pat. I didn't add them or anything, but if I ever found them in game, i'd definitely have to thank them.

too bad stealth heists aren't "cool" anymore. Never again will the three of you decide to let your best guy do the coke run on the final day of framing frame, only for him to stumble into a guard on the way up, and everyone spams their ECMs so you can still get away in time
i'm glad I stopped playing, but I miss those moments so bad

Good, stealth was fucking shit, instead of doing anything cleaver or interesting with it, ovk just decided to nerf some shit that didn't needed to be nerfed and left it at that.

Felt good.

Hotline Miami is probably the best loud heist, other than that stealth is always more fulfilling. Big Bank is the shit.

It's been said once already this thread but it's worth saying again.

The only reason they went back on this shit is because Payday 3 is coming up, and they want to look clean and pretty before they launch the game. It'll be back, harder and deeper than ever before.

source? i thought the next project would be walking dead or some shit.

Yeah, it should the the walking dead, and according to them they're going to do some PD2 crossovers with it

I wonder if Payday 3 would actually be on a good engine, with high-end graphics.

I wonder how hard they will try and jew us for every heist
I wonder if they will really go f2p

Whynne still owns the rights to trollface, Manlet tried to sue to get the rights and lost (life time of debt as a result and has to live with his folks from now on)

Also he tried suing some chinese sellers for selling trollface stuff, he lost that too and had to pay them money.

I have bought most all of the DLC save a few pieces and the game, all for under 60 bucks cause I can wait for a fucking sale. Only DLC I bought ON release was the WWII stuff, cause I'm a huge sucker for that garbage.

FTP means that I would be nickle and dimed to death with very few sales and the like. Could you imagine if different skill tree's were locked behind .99 cent pay walls? Want this new heist? 1.99, oh and you have to buy it to play it PERIOD, none of this one person in the group of friends buys it and everyone can play it. There would be absolutely no end to the whole fucking thing. It would be .50 cents a fucking weapon and you'd have cash boosts that are necessary to get that first few levels of prestige going. It would be absolutely miserable.

Also, remember the Midas Touch? its so OP it turned on the Cheater tag.

also i got PP premium, Payday2 is is crashing on start up.

Also new version of PP allows you to keep funs from the safe simulator

thank you LUA.

Holy shit why hasnt someone done this and flooded the steam market with Midas deagles?

its local save thanks to LUA so no massive marketplace abuse.

Damn

I can also modify the percentages.

wew, PP is a great sandbox trainer.

KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK KEK

planning =/ actually fucking doing it

They did do it tho

The safes arent dropping anymore

why is a bird stuck on her forehead?

How can he be in love with the game but barely spend that much time in it? Not only that but most PD2 fanboys foam at the mouth if you mention the words cheat or hack and he went and cheated most of the cheevos. He must be like 14 either physically or mentally.

Most of the skins looked like shit from what I remember. Even fucking around with the Goonmod skin editor produced better results.

(Checked)
Why on earth did you spend fucking $20 on fucking DLC that was basically a promise of something? Not excusing OVERKIKE but you're either Stupidly rich or just plain stupid.

NO, YOUR NOT DRAGGING ME BACK IN. I always liked playing full tech then I went Shotgun Tank with some dabbling in inspire for Hoxton breakout but kinda knew it was kinda weak out of the available builds.

So when they release or announce PAYDAY 3 PD2 will go F2P right? Think I might jump back in to help out the HUES live out their fantasy of killing cops.

You can play both now