Bretonnia

Bretonnia is broken they said.
The worst faction of the game they said.
They've been ranked 1 in strength for the majority of the campaign and i can't get these fucking orcs off my back. The bretonnians have several full stacks because i neglected them while i fought the orcs and now both sides hate me. Wraiths did wonders on the orcs so i challenged a full stack of bretonnians with my wraiths and they got decimated.
NEARING 400 TURNS WITHOUT SIGN OF WINNING OR LOSING

Etherial units aren't very good I find.
Terrorghasts and vargulfs wreck shit though, so I just have a few of those and a dozen units of grave guards.

The fuck is that game

Yea, the only real reason to have them is to spread Terror around but you can do that with a spell just as easily.

Speaking of magic: Up until today I didn't know you could overcast spells by clicking them twice. All those "- miscast %" items make much more sense now.

Zombie Hitler's Conquests.

There's no reason to fight orcs but my ally got into a war with them earlier and at first they wrecked me with their numbers but as soon as i put in a few wraiths and dire wolves they melted. Wraiths 75% dmg resistance to physical attacks works wonders against orcs but against those empire faggots they're worthless so i guess it was meant to use against orcs. I've found the grave guards to be lacking when it comes to health. They can beat enemy troops but they survive usually after taking heavy losses.

Come again? If i click on a spell twice and cast it it'll be stronger but a greater chance of miscasting?

I'm playing an Empire campaign right now, and one thing I've noticed is that they all generally have low leadership, so any kind of flanking maneuver on their infantry or a magic missile or two from a wizard hero will break them very easily.

I haven't seen those before, on the bottom, what are they, pegasus cavalry? I'm not sure what you can do about them as undead, since you lack missile options.

Speaking of missiles, he had a lot of the mounted archers, and those are a bitch to deal with in a field battle. You used up a lot of space with the bats too, and they could've been something, like black knights or a varghulf or two. Having some bats isn't bad, but you had too many I think.

Yes, you can see the effects of overcasting in the spell browser, there's a tiny little button on the right. I believe you ONLY get a chance to miscast the spell when overcasting it. Baseline, it's 50/50.

There's already another thread about this game, faggot. Go make a cyclical general like Overwatch or something, but first check these dubs

I raised those from the dead because there was no time to recruit and the empire had alot of pegasus knights and some artillery in the back, i've found that bats are extremely good at taking out artillery and sometimes archers. Not as effective as wolves but the wolves can be intercepted pretty quickly if you can't find any trees to hide them during deployment.

why haven't i seen this before holy shit i wonder what the other spells will do. Thanks user

lol

use heavy weapons against cavalry.

because you know the hard counter heavy weapons chew through cavalry.

its called total war for a reason. When you first get an enemy, you have to STOMP THEM HARD, especially orcs.

you dun goofed diplomacy.

Wtraiths and other ´etherals´ only take damage from magic attacks, like those bretonnian knights with shiny weapons.

stalemates are never fun, keep armies together for reinforcement scumming and victory should be ez
also vampire count magic is crazy OP if unit size is set to anything but ´large´ in graphics settings.

It's pretty fun despite what the hivemind says especially knowing most of them haven't played it. When it gets cracked give it a pirate if you like warhammer.

If only i had any in the vampire faction. I can only counter the knights with low tier tier spearmen or the expensive as fuck undead dragons which i can't have too much of.

Originally the orcs killed the dwarves and were on my doorstep. My ally wanted me to join the war so i got an enormous force and decimated the greenskins but couldn't capture their land so i had to retreat because attrition is killer in this game.
I beg to differ it's no fun knowing the enmy will completely dominate you or knowing you can completely dominate the enemy.

Did they fix the issue from Shogun 2 where it takes like half an hour to transition from battle map to strategic map? I really enjoyed that game but that fucking killed it for me every time I try to play it, I had to have a book on hand to read while waiting out the interminable load times. More than all the DLC shit and the race conquering restrictions that's the thing that makes me not want to buy it the most.

spearmen counters the heavy charge.
arent you only suffering attrition on not-corrupted lands.
having the game progress != curbstomping

The loading times are much faster.

Warhammer Total war, its very good and surprisd everyone.

Where you living under a rock?

The game is VERY good, the only problam so far is the lack of content, like units, factions, etc.

But the game is very solid and can stand on its own, its nowhere NEAR the catastrophy that was rome 2.

That said, "oh but anything is better than rome 2", yes, that is correct, but that dosent mean this game is bad, people just hate out of stupidity and trying to appear edgy.

Total War: Warhammer is pretty fucking sweet, and for once i'am glad CA didint disapoint.

Not corrupted lands i suffer attrition but since you can't capture mountain regions and the orcs go all the way down to the southern tip of the map it's nearly impossible to reach the bottom without taking losses from defeating orcs and their garrisons. Eventually you'll be chipped away to nothing if you don't retreat and the banshees aren't strong enough to corrupt lands on the go. Orcs however can encamp and replenish troops in enemy territory. Basically don't war with orcs as the vampire counts.

Loading times are better

Please pay $5 for the check my dubs DLC

Rather pointless since all you need to say is
and everyone instantly knows that it's trash.

Your efforts are wasted here. Why don't you try going to reddit where you might find some braindead fools who'll listen to you?

Shogun 2 used warscape and was fine though

They ound a way around it, battles play out like rome 1, no more animations (only for shit like giants, dragons, etc)

Trust me, its good, if your so assblasted about paying for a good game, just pirate it and see for yourself, its good.

Would a shill tell you to give a it a pirate because it's actually good?
You should see the filthy faggots online complaining that there aren't any animations.
The units gang up on each other to kill them. The only thing that has animations are hero characters fighting giants and some dragons.

FWIW if you ever go back to Shogun 2: Switch to DX 9 mode and you'll cut your load times by like 80%.

Apparently the DX10 mode was hacked in and they never bothered to update Shogun 2 when they fixed the bug in later games.

The better question is why are you playing that when Beginning of the End Times exists?

fuck off marketers

The games alright, just barebones as fuck.
Dont buy it, give it a pirate when Denuvo is cracked.
You fags were needed when NuDoom and Overbotch were being blatantly and obviously shilled, not now.

I might actually give that a shot tonight then, thanks

Or it might be because it's riddled with Jewish tactics and as Denuvo. The problem Holla Forums has is that it judges the actual gameplay of a game by what's going on outside the game.

Use raiding instance you dude, it makes you atrittion-immune.

This is what i'am talking about, people need to GIT GUD instead of bashing the game because they are too busy complainning about good DLC to actualy develop campaign strategies.

This is not rome 2, the game is HARD and Will pound you down repeatedly if you dont pay attention, even on easy the chaos factions will wreck your shit if you ignore them uniting.

Plus, itws ACTUALY good campaign ai, no magical stacks teleporting on the capital like the huns in attile, its the ai, producing units, and intelligently marauding across your lands, or if you are chaos, proving vital support in your invasion of the empire.

Read

DLC wont go away ever, there is no point in crying over it, at least they are work towards GOOD DLC, unlike say, Paradox, who will cut their game up like jack the ripper with a british whore.

All i'm saying is that warhammer total war is good. It's still fucking retarded to buy it like i did.

I do use raiding instances but the problem is that when i take even minor losses when razing their garrisons it'll eventually add up and i'll have to face several stacks of those orcs on the march to the homelands. There's no way to replenish my troops on the march unless i use shitty zombies and skeletons that'll get pummeled immediately. I wish the undead faction had a perk of being able to field more unit cards like 25 or something so that it'll actually feel like a hoard of flesh.

Ok, i give up, dont play the game. I'am about to invade bretonnia and have no time to argue with edy teenagers anymore.

Can you command the Lords of Change?

You can field more than 20 units in battle with the undead, get a few necromancers, each can add up to 2 zombie units with magic in battle.

I'am voting for the dlc on this one, i learned my7 lesson about "just give it tim, it will be good" with diablo 3 and duke nukem.

I dont get why people are complainning so much about the DLC, its not like it will be 100 dollars for every new unit.

In fact, the game has a timeline set with 10 DLC, 4 of wich will be free.
2of the DLC will be full fledged expansions.

If you want to bitch so much about DLC, go do i with devs that are openly ripping people off, look at paradox, capcom, etc. Can you really, honestly compare the DLC plan on warhammer to what those companies do?

Holla Forums is just overreacting out of habit.

>>>/reddit/

Yup, there is a mod that unlocks him for the campaign and custom battles on the workshop

Thanks

I love it. Bloodthirsters when?

This looks neat. Downloading

This is why people think shills are here when i actually don't see this game get shilled very much.
DEFENDING 10 PLANNED DLC

Praise the Lady tbqh

Fuck total warhammer though

They're shit in the boar-oh, you mean the shitty pc game?

Give it a pirate it's bretty gud

Denuvo

Yes there is a point, the point is that they're jewing me with fucking CHAOS in a WARHAMMER FANTASY TOTAL WAR GAME. Fuck you, day 1 DLC that isn't cosmetic is fucking cancer and you should be ashamed of yourself for supporting that shit.

How the hell do you know this?
And, shit, if they just called them expansions and content updates I would be way less mad about it. I'm so used to getting jewed with DLC that the word automatically inspires disgust in me.

In any case, the game still has a ton of problems. First and foremost is the fact that you can only conquer specific territories, because bullshit. I'm not even going to pirate it just because of that.

They announced a launch day mod to fix that after the community complained.

>realise I was having fun____

You can conquer anywhere with the mod they launched with the game, its a 17 seconds download

Really now? That was my biggest complaint. I'm baffled that it wasn't this way originally. I'm still not going to play it, but it's not complete horseshit anymore in my mind.

When it's cracked give it a pirate. There are only 5 factions but the difference between them feel much larger than previous total war games.

Undead rely on their persistent troops and extremely powerful spells to protect their lord because once he's dead they all die with him.
When an undead's morale is equal to a rout they keep fighting but take periodic damage until they completely crumble.

No, because the crack/workaround will take another month or so to come out

Ill probably pick it up after its content complete or (obviously) if its cracked.

That shit pisses me off, they should have balanced that differently.
Brainless Undead shouldnt rout, if anything the morale should just decrease damage done per unit.

I should've been more clear about but i tried to be
I didn't say they rout i just say that when the moral goes down low enough that it would cause a rout in the living they instead just take periodic damage.
Basically if moral hits zero they keep fighting with the same effectiveness but they take damage overtime. Also it's not called morale for undead, it's "binding" now.

It's gud my boi

Fucking Phoenicians

No, I know they crumble not rout, I was justing "rout" as a generic term for low morale (or in this case "binding") negative impact.

Its unsatisfying as fuck and shouldnt happen.

It happens in the table top that it's based ooff of. Crumbling undead is cannon.

Well thats pretty shitty even on the tabletop, but if they followed the lore then Im ok with that.

Yeah shit sucks but the undead would be OP with the units that they have if it didn't work like that.
What balances the crumbling armies are the spells. The lord needs to be protected at all times so you can upgrade them and get spells of mass destruction to blow an enemy unit to pieces.
the retard was such an easy target

It's a good idea, undead should be able to raise them back in battle anyway.

Army advancing on you? Leaving a trail of corpses? Units just appeared on their read and now they are encircled.

You can raise units in the middle of battle but only zombies and skeletons

I forgot how much I hate the AI in this

Not a big issue on warhammer, you can confederate with other factions that like you.

Suppose, you are playing reikland, and nordland captures marienburg. Usualy it would be quite a bummer, but you no longer need to sweat it, just give it time and absorb nordland and thats it.

You also get a lord with a especial model for confederating.

Wait…

Are you telling me that in this game ARCHERS are effective versus SKELETONS?

I knew it was coming several months in advance because of announcements that it was coming in advance from the devs. And I pretty clearly remembered it being shit, the freaking Medieval 2 mod is superior to it in every way. And it's Jewing is on a whole new level with a myriad of content made into DLC to milk shekels.

Wait a minute…SINCE WHEN DOES BRETONIA HAVE RANGED CALVARY?

WTF

I'm pretty sure Lords of change could use whichever lore they damn well please, but is there no lore of Tzeentch?

Fucking a.

I've been having fun in EB2, I think I'll start a Numidia game and throw javelins at things.

They always have. They're well liked peasants on shit quality horses that the knights don't want. Real knights of Bretland swore off using ranged weapons after Giles le Breton died to goblin arrows/bolt thrower shots.

Mounted Yeomen, I believe. And Bretonnians got trebuchets too, iirc?

Aren't NONE of the people that made the old, good Total War games involved with the new ones?

Yep fuckers didn't bothered to add marks of chaos to units, which is bullshit but also lores of chaos are gone.

Archaon uses Lore of Fire, so technically he lack lore of death,metal,shadows and Tzeentch.

Shill thread detected.

so is the Medieval II mod better?

Also how's the blobbing and general pacing of the battles/campaigns
I havent really been able to enjoy a TW since Empire/Napoopan. I want this to be good but im too skeptical after the disaster that was Rome II

This shit is infuriating.
Re

skeletons are the 2nd lowest tier soldiers. Not saying much since the lowest tiers only use is to take artillery and arrow shots.

Blobbing is even more prevalent.
To be fair though it's probably because i'm shit that my campaign is still going 60 hours into the game.

Blatant shilling like this is not ok

It's comparatively low-key, unlike Battleborn and Overwatch.

I told the retard that he sounds like a shill. Or maybe he is. I just wanted a thread to talk about the game and i figured i wouldn't be called out for being a shill if i talked about the good, bad, and recomend a pirate.

where do you think we are? a place for rational people?

its made by a different team

Pathetic. You keep buying these fucking piece of shit games. Are you fuckin' gay? You want to be a battle commander of elves that bad? What? You'll pay anything to be able to escape the monotony of existence for 24 hours?

i honestly don't want to know. If there are none then i'd be pissed and if any of them worked on one only to make the other i'd get even more angry at them.

That's just it, we can't and it makes some people salty. Not that I would pirate a total war games on release anyway.

Yes! The base mod (Call of Warhammer) is somewhat buggy and has a crapton of scripted events and spawns, which is kind of shitty. Then again, it was made by russians. It's impressive enough that they made it as good as it is.

However, there is a submod (or mod-mod, if you're a faggot) called Beginning of the End Times. It's properly translated into english unlike the base mod, it's got a bigger map, it's got way less scripted spawns. In general it's a lot better, although not quite polished yet. It released last week. Just google it.

It kills a whole lot of the strategic options too, no reason to raid or sabotage any of the production shit in the province since the only person who'll suffer from the lost revenue is you when you have to rebuild it all after conquering the place.

Why do they keep doing this every single game

Because without the cheats the AI is helpless. I mean, there's already mods that turn that shit off but it makes the game boring as fuck.

6 units of bats. Goddamn OP. no wonder you lost.

They should just drop the strategic map at this point and do what bfg armada did, they're clearly struggling to make good AI so it'd make sense to focus where they have an actual monopoly, in the real time battle part instead of competing

i like the strategic map

They should just move back to the Shogun/Medieval 1 era board type map.

There aren't even elves in this barebones ass game.

I had to fill in the gap and i used the bats to harras their cavalry while my soldiers decimated their melee units. Or so i thought since what actually happened was my wraiths getting curbstomped.

Wood Elves are pretty much forest niggers anyway.

Shit, sounds like Attila might be some fun after all.
Havent tried it yet after becoming so disillusioned as in "wtf is this shit?" from trying out RT2 and Empire so i've just been staying with Medieval 2 with the motherfucking Stainless Steel mod.
though apparently Empire isnt that bad, i just have a major distaste for the era and the way battles go with muscets and such boring shit

The races I really want in this game are tomb guard, lizardmen, and skaven.
I like the fact that forest nigger elves and High elves are acknowledged as separate faction in this universe. Dark elves really get my dick going though

I feel the same here. I prefer melee combat instead of boring muskets. I will say that getting gunpowder units when everyone else is using bows and catapults is very satisfying.
If only Shogun 2 didn't make the gunpowder units complete shit.

His entire story was him playing darthmod Rome 1

Then go play a Paracuck game where there's actually vaguely good strategic map gameplay

The draw of Total war has always been the rts side, IMO.

Oh fuck me… so Attila is bad too?

Yeah, kind of like an endgame troops saying you own this shit when you finally get them though i dont remember if they were actually particularly good on Med2 compared to archers/longbowmen as they lack the ability to shoot over the infantry.

Used to put them on cities as defenders at one point but… fuck if they cant shoot down from the walls at the invaders at all!

Yeah the only satisfaction i got from that feeling is when i conquer into another province and they still have a rebel town for my knights to bumrush.

I mean, I've had a lot of fun playing Attila. It's the same engine as rome 2, so a lot of the stuff you disliked about it you would probably dislike about Attila. If you're going to pick it up, just wait for it to go for 75% off in the humble store or on steam

Since Warhammer has a lot of different guns, does it manage to fix ranged combat?

I'm just gonna do what i did with Rome DLC-war and that is Yaar matey we pirates now!

I play paracuck games. I'm not saying I only play the game for the strategic map.

Even better my friend. Fight well

Malekith is the true king of the elves!

I can't talk to you about ranged too much since i play as the vampire counts and they have no ranged units. I can say that ranged units will curbstomp non ranged unit if you don't have a way to deal with them.