Good Playstation 3 Games

Hi Holla Forums, I want to know which games on the PS3 to play that I can't play on the PC or emulate. I know about the PS3 and Xbox 360 emulators, but from what I understand, RPCS3 and Xenia (for the console only games that are also on 360) are far off from emulating most games, much less doing it at a good framerate. Right now I'm considering Ni No Kuni, the Yakuza games, Vanquish, Bayonetta, Gran Turismo 6, F1: Championship, Siren: Blood Curse, and Folklore. I already have Nier, The Darkness, MGS4, Demon's Souls, Armored Core: For Answer, Red Dead Redemption, Dead Nation and Wipeout HD. I've never played a Yakuza game before so I don't know if I should start with the first two on the PS2, or just play the best ones.

I wanted to get Drakengard 3, but apparently the localization was terrible, its laggy in some parts, and the Japanese voiceover is a paid DLC thats about 10GB in size. I'd like to stay away from games that rely on paid DLC to make them enjoyable.

Play Yakuza 1 and 2 before playing the PS3 ones. They emulate pretty easy. Also Yakuza 2 is the best game in the series but everyone skips it because they're impatient.

Atelier Rorona plus

I suppose I should have mentioned it in the OP but feel free to talk about PS3 games in general as well, since there isn't really a thread for that.

GT6 and Ni No Kuni look especially good, has anyone here played them?

Alright, I'm in no hurry to buy a bunch of them anyway.

I'm not familiar with the series, what makes this one better than all the other ones on PS3?

Heavy Rain

NO GAMES
Infamous 1 and 2 were really fun

Isn't heavy rain essentially a walking simulator though?

Not just walking, it also has QTEs where you press X to "Shaun!"

Ni no kuni is okay, but is not the masterpiece weeaboos shilled to be. Basically if you like studio ghibli's movies you'll like the game, otherwise you should get it for cheap, i got it for 6 eurobucks on a psn sale.

mostly personal preference because I like Rorona, but the others have Vita versions which have more content (and Japanese VA in the case of Ayesha).

It's an intricate plot-heavy video game mystery where you have to find a serial killer.

Do was pic related

I'd call heavy rain and it's ilk (David Cage "games") "Action Simulators" or "Motion Simulators".

They're more about doing stupid little interactions with the world. Less walking down a hallway while narration goes on, and more walking up to things and hitting x and then doing something stupid with the Joysticks.

Maybe "Movie Simulator" describes it best because while walking simulators try and tell a story they don't really attempt to emulate a movie while Heavy Rain clearly does as at the end of the day it feels like a movie that pauses it's self to wait for you to fuck with the controller.

Heavy Rain is fun because it's fun to dick around in and fuck with the characters. Awful writing, though.

Anyway, get the Metal Gear Legacy collection. That's the only thing I can honestly say gives you the most bang for your buck.

If you haven't already played it, and don't have a 360, Red Dead Redemption is a solid playing experience (though better on 360 thanks to that systems free AA, plus I'm pretty sure that was the core system it was programmed for).

Check out Valkyria Chronicles for a nice take on SRPGs (though you can also get a better version on PC if you have a nice rig), Resonance of Fate is an interesting little JRPG if that's your thing, Way of the Samurai 3 & 4 are wacky sandboxes of fun, if you like ye olde zelda check out 3D Dot Game Heroes, and the last game I own for the system I would suggest (that hasn't already been mentioned by another poster, because the Yakuza series is fucking legendary and so is the Metal Gear Legacy collection) is the Splinter Cell trilogy collection which is extra rad if you have a 3D TV.

did I miss the memo about horrible teeth on everything or was this thing just forgotten somehow?

I knew about 720p 30fps but this AAless horror is new to me

MGS4 is a great game.

It's just Duck Hunt: Tranq Pistol Edition.

The only reason to buy a PS3.

White Knight Chronicles is okay. Story is pretty lame but I quite liked the game itself. If you do get it, get the sequel as it has the first one bundled with it.

That was the best "mmorpg" I've ever played. I had so much fun with it. It still hurts so bad that they killed the servers.

Great post, pal

Yakuza 5 is jap-only
Dead Souls was trash

You could at least use google before spouting bullshit. Also Dead Souls was a pretty cool spin off and a much better zombie game that the likes of Dead Rising and any other zombie game at the time.

No physical, no buy
Learn your shit first, it cannot be found when the servers go down
Do you have shit taste or you haven't played the game?
It was pretty cool, but it wasn't good

PS3 HAS NO GIRUGAMESH

I only got to play the first one online. I absolutely loved Dark Cloud so I was completely sold on the building your own town bit. But I played the game a year or two after its initial release and it was dead as fuck.

I actually started playing it again the other day, out of just wanting to finish it. The servers are completely gone now?

I didn't play much of the second, I was kind of bored at the rehashed first level.

Yeah, they killed the servers. The game actually had a very active community still playing when they did this. We still had lots of new players at the time as well.

I used to build towns with glitched objects that would teleport the player out of the boundaries of the tall, or make them jump up into the skies or launch them like a rocket. I also built lots of mazes and obstacle courses using the town assets. I used to call it FUN TOWN and it was fun times indeed. I used to chill in it all the time when I wasn't soloing bounty hunt monsters with my glass cannon dps mage.

I really miss that game. That and Resistance 2 coop. Those were the good times man.

*town

If you don't have a vita, the Atelier games are great JRPGs. In my opinion, Ayesha is superior on PS3 because of the loading times. If you decide to pick up the series, start with Totori. Rorona isn't that great. I didn't even like the plus version, but that might be just me.
Also,

I loved my ps3, but most of my favorite games (Dragon's Dogma, Atelier, Neputinia mk2, Souls, Way of the Samurai 4…) are multiplatform now.

I've read that GT5 has more singleplayer content than GT6. Has anyone here played either of them?

Enchanted Arms looks good, although I'm not that familiar with JRPGs.

Resonance of Fate's gameplay looks interesting at least.
They're on PC now, apparently.

They do look like fun, I like open world games that give you super powers.

Why the Metal Gear Legacy collection? I can emulate most of those or play them on PC.

Was Motorstorm Apocalypse worse than Pacific Rift? Seemed like they got rid of the interesting environments and went for a more generic route.

David Cage's games could be good if they had good gameplay instead of QTEs.

The announcer in Ridge Racer 7 seems to be pretty annoying. Other than that it just seems like a basic, very arcadey racing game.

What was wrong with it exactly?

unlocks are walled by multiplayer achievments

No more annoying than in any other Ridge Racer games. I think it's cheesy and endearing, but I can understand if other people think it's annoying. I think you can turn it off though, haven't played the game in a long while so I'm not certain.
Well, yeah, cause it is. Doesn't make it a bad game, though. It's not like it's an expensive game, so if you want a decent arcade racer, you can't go wrong. If you're not interested in racers, don't bother.

I thought only 4 was? Wait a sec… oh, 3 IS on pc now! Thanks for pointing that out, downloading now…

It has splitscreen, 1080p at 60FPS and customization apparently, so I'll probably get it. I've heard the series ended as well.

The HD remaster is 30 fps. Also has terrible controller lag.

what game are you talking about

the best games

I got JoJo recently. It's fun!

As someone who got the game to have a mindless JRPG, it dragged on where it could have had fine pacing to progress forward. I still enjoyed the game, but my first run was about 60-70 hours and there's no new game+, which sucks because getting monsters is entirely random, with no ability to affect how likely they are to join you, and grinding is a slog. It's otherwise a neat JRPG, and if you like semi-auto controls in Tales games but with more horizontal movement, it's fine. The voices are bearable, I liked the art though others might not, and the music is okay. I only remember the main theme/overworld theme.

Resonance of Fate, on the other hand, is a fucking great JRPG. I love the music, setting, characters, story, gameplay. It's worth it, especially since used copies are probably only $15. Highly recommended if you want a JRPG on PS3.

If there isn't a Japanese voice-over option for Resonance of Fate I am going to scream

Infamous were one the few superhero IP's that have been around in these last few years and it's both of them are alright. Truth be told I loved the conclusion of the bad end on the second game, had me in tears

Sorry it's 3 am and I can't words

Prepare to scream in relief. It's an option in the Title Screen options menu. Though I liked the English voices, thought Nolan North and Scott Menville were both decent.

Don't talk shit about Dead Rising, especially the original.

Thanks, I prefer hearing my games in the original language, that's all :)

You best be joking
Is it Wangan Midnight 2.0?

Full Auto 2's a good racing/Twisted Metal hybrid game.