Odin Sphere Leifthrasir is coming out on June 7th and Shin Megami Tensei Final was recently renamed and comes out THIS...

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir is coming out on June 7th and Shin Megami Tensei Final was recently renamed and comes out THIS summer.

Meanwhile no one really knows that these games are coming out so soon, just what the fuck is going on with ATLUS USA?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/NW9lo
store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/odin-sphere-leifthrasir-ps4-demo/cid=UP0177-CUSA05094_00-ODINSPHERELEDEM0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I hope Apocalypse gets leaked early.

I've had Odin Sphere preordered since January.

well yeah, but they haven't exactly made it known that the game's releasing. albert so soon. I didn't even know there was a release date till recently, I'm gonna buy it but damn.

Like this guy iv had the art book edition on order since they went up. I love Vanillawares art so i couldn't resist. Tho i do agree they haven't been pushing it much.

they haven't been pushing it at all, like what the hell are they doing?

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir is going to sell just fine in the west, it's a beloved Vanillaware title that sold pretty well in it's initial PS2 release, it already sold very well in japan, and a lot of people already preordered it in the west.
It's being sold on word of mouth mostly, but that seems to be enough so far.

By the way that reminds me, if you're EU

DO NOT BUY THE EU VERSION, IT'S BEING HANDLED BY NISA

Import the US version instead, that one isn't being handled by NISA.

I think SMT4A will be out when P5 is out in Japan just to keep America busy.

Still not forgiving Atlus for killing Etrian Odyssey

Any chance of this coming to PC as well?

Only asking because I heard Vanillaware was thinking of porting some things, but they hadn't specified which games yet.

Wasn't there an Odin Sphere beta on the PS4?

A beta?
No, not that i know of.
Maybe you're thinking of the japanese demo, anyone can download that for free, as long as they have a japanese PSN account.

It lets you play as all the characters trough a set of levels that ends with a dragon boss, it does an excellent job at making people understand straight away if they like the game overall or not.

If I had to guess which game they would port it would probably be either Odin Sphere or Dragon's Crown. I don't know how popular muramasa was.

They said last year they were working on a way, but it could just be they acknowledge there's a followinig but they aren't really going to do anything about it.

You can also get the demo on the North American PSN.

Un-official word is that they don't want another Dragon's crown style fuck fest in the "news"

90% of Vanillaware software is an in house product cobbled together by programmers that either specialized in tools for art/animation department or general game devs (better known as shit coders) so porting while definitely a possibility as Japan devs are amazed at the, admittedly relative, success of AA weeb games on steam, it's still going to take a large investment of both time and manpower, and as such we probably won't get anything or even news until 13 sentinels hits gold.

I've preordered it.

Nice, last time i checked it wasn't available on the american one.
Good to know they added it.

There isn't much oversexualization in OS, in the designs, aside extreme examples like the fairy queen and the queen of the dead being boobalicious.
But then again corrupt journalists will hang onto anything to make clickbait articles so perhaps it was a reasonable decision.

IS any censorship confirmed yet?

No. But it's NISA, so censorship is the least of my worries. I don't trust them to ship a working game.

Until the game is released we won't know, most likely.
But that's not the main issue here.

Games localized by NISA are LITERALLY FUCKING BROKEN sometimes.
NISA is so clumsy that they will BREAK games and ADD BUGS when handling a game.

The most famous incident being The Witch and the Hundred Knight where the game would freeze or crash and even after the community themselves found the problem and emailed them the solution, they refused to fix it or foward it to someone that could implement the fix.

So in short, fuck NISA forever.

Atlus will not work with NISA anymore in the future, the EU localization of OSL is their last collaboration.

archive.is/NW9lo

This will lead with problems regarding the release of ATLUS games in EU, but that's another discussion on it's own.
The important thing is that they're getting the fuck out finally.

No Nisa will brick people's consoles with their coding poor EU.

It's been added? I remember trying to download it last week, but couldn't because it wasn't there anymore.

This should be it. It might be that there's only a demo for the PS4 version.

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/odin-sphere-leifthrasir-ps4-demo/cid=UP0177-CUSA05094_00-ODINSPHERELEDEM0