When was the last time you truly cried in a cartoon, user? It doesn't matter the reason...

When was the last time you truly cried in a cartoon, user? It doesn't matter the reason, maybe it hits close home or it's truly moving for one reason or the other.
I just saw Duckman's About Face. The show is pretty surprising since the quality is usually steady, with many lows but pretty good nonetheless, but this episode and the ending was just… Incredible. It made it up for the previous one, Private Dicks. I legit cried at the end, mostly because I didn't expect that sudden ending. The whole thing is incredible because, well, it's fucking Duckman, one of the most flawed and yet relatable characters ever to do something this noble really gets you And I'm sure everyone has at least once in Duckman's position if you ever manage to get on a date in the first place.
The other obvious choice would be something like Tales of Ba Sing Se and the like, I did cried there when it came out, but not in the Iroh one, which mostly made me sad, but actually in Toph's story and particularly Zuko's.

So what is it, Holla Forums? What made you cry? Crying with these things is pretty healthy since it eases your mind and let off some steam, specially when you don't cry otherwise

Never

Lion King.
When I was 6.

Last time was…the I am weasel Christmas special, when I was six.

I guess if you count Pixar Movies, Toy Story 3.

Pokemon when Pikachu left, i was 6.

The end of The X-Men Evolution Chrissy Special

The end of Song of the Sea

Lol fag

Here is the scene in question.

BTAS has its flaws, minor though they be. Little ways each episode could be improved just ever so slightly.
but Heart of Ice was absolutely sublime

The things I do for love.

Feat of Clay was objectively better in every single way.

It's only flaw was that Matt Hagan should've died at the end.

Feat of Clay's biggest flaw isn't that he didn't die but that he laughed villainously after his friend says goodbye in absentia. Chick Matt saying goodbye and walking the other way would have made it perfect

But that goes against Hagan's character.

Hagan was an egomaniac. He didn't give a shit about anyone but himself.

The guy wasn't his friend.He was Matt's gay loverTrue story.

Matt was a victim. His entire story in "Feat of Clay" was a tragedy. Bright star, horribly injured, makes a deal with the devil, and pays a horrible price. Matt could be an asshole, but he wasn't a monster. He was made a monster.

His ending as a suicide would've completed the tragedy of Clayface. The monster who deformed him gets away, and he can no longer live as the shambling, inhuman mass he has become. He would have no reason to continue living outside of revenge.

Honestly the best one was Baby Doll in my opinion. That ending just stood out so well.

Let's see. I'm a pussy, give me the right music and sad people and that's enough. But at least I never cared for Bambi's mom…

First an old cartoon, did anyone else here see it? It friggin traumatized me, I watched it once as a little kid. It's named Samson & Sally and is about a little white whale whose idol is Moby Dick and yes, this happens in a child cartoon: Sally's parents get killed by hunters and the whole ocean is red with their blood, later Samson's mother is killed. Still, the hunter is a comedic character for some reason. Both almost choke during an oil spill. There's radiation poisoning. Moby Dick is senile and dies friggin smiling with open eyes while a disillusioned Samson tries to wake him up. Like, HOLY SHIT!

The episode "I remember you" from Adventure Time, where Marceline gets her Nam flashback and Ice King remembers nothing.

The final scene in Batman TAS's "Heart of Ice" for some reason. "I can only beg your forgiveness…"

Over the Garden Wall, the ending where all stories resolve while the frog sings over it.

Bojack Horseman, the whole fucking show. Hits too close to home, and when it doesn't, it triggers fear of my future.

Littlefoot's mom dies. I watched that movie twice and still can quote what she says. It burned into my mind.

Back then, I found the first An American Tail so sad, that I refused to watch it ever again. And I never did. But I love the second one.

What an asshole. You know how the scene would be great and realistic? He indeed goes to the restaurant… but SHE doesn't appear.

That made me cry too, I think I was 9.
Courage was such a great show.

Honestly I never actually cried at a cartoon/anime scene (though I have at a few tv shows and movies) there were two that made me a bit teary-eyed, and those were the ending scene in Over the Garden Wall as pointed out, especially for the woodsman's ending and his reunion with his daughter and the ending of Moral Orel, because even though Moral had such a dysfunctional family, and everybody in the city used God and religion as an excuse for their bad behaviors and were generally awful people, Moral never lost fate in God and managed to have a happy family and most likely a fulfilling life. The complete antithesis of something like Rick and Morthy.

Orel had faith that God created a wonderful world where you could live a happy life. Though the flaws of the townspeople, his family and their denial of such shortcomings caused him to fumble and stray a bit, Orel was right.

Holy shit is that it's name? I saw that at a neighbor's house as a kid and I NOPED the fuck outta there when that scene hit. All this time I thought it had to be a fucked up dream.

that was a nice surprise, especially with how cynical the show could get.

Same here, but when I requested the name very long ago, I checked the Wikipedia article.

Just read it guys, it's absolutely insane what they expect kids to watch.

I understand you, user. We are both pussies.
Fuck you. I understand being traumatized by the first one, but doesn't justify liking the second one.

That wouldn't have worked. The woman simply loved Duckman, the whole point is that Duckman sucks and even though he acts as he doesn't, he does know he is shit. The thing is not only the fact that he decides to abandon his own happiness for someone else's, but the fact that even Bernice feels legitimately sorry about him. The woman will be alright, she is beautiful and a really nice person, the only one who was fucked no matter what was Duckman.
The thing that surprised me the most of that scene is that I was expecting a punchline, someone saying a joke, the telephone exploding or something. But nope. Not a single thing, the scenes just fades away.

I have to add, I didn't find An American Tail so sad that I cried, but frustrating. Everything looked unappealingly ugly/ dangerous to me in that movie and the protagonists are friggin idiots who kept walking by each other and it pissed me off so hard. It's like back then I already understood how this movie could have been over in 5 minutes.

I was just so happy for him.

Seeing Shining Knight stand up to General Eiling in JLU made me misty-eyed. Hell, that whole episode was great, seeing the C-lister heroes that don't have powers stand up against a metahuman.