Pirate a game

It's a weird feeling, not really a shame but still somewhat uncomfortable.
How does one stop being steamdrone?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/false_equivalence
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

its called 思春期

We can have wolfenstein thread instead.

You're just a dick face, user. Face it.

I pirated and played that Steamworld Dig game from start to finish. It was mediocre as fuck and lasted me all of two and a half hours. There's no fuckin way I'm paying money for it. Guacamaymay, on the other hand, was great, memes aside, so I'll probably toss Drinkbox some dinero once I'm not broke as fuck.

The only games I've pirated in the last year have been Superhot and Firewatch.
They were both pretty decent, just not worth the price-tag.
My Steam backlog just keeps building up though.

1. Open mouth
2. Insert barrel
3. Pull trigger
4. Repeat until problem is solved.

Moar

>>>/christian/

pic related gave me pirates remorse.

If it wasn't for that I might actually say the game is worth 15 dollars, but it's not even worth 5.

Congratulations on being a thief i guess.

Huh?

Nice dubs but, stole from who?
Did he came over to his friend moved game from friend's computer to his flash card and run away? Left his friend without a game?
Can this be real?

You cant steal data. It's literally impossible.

stealing doesn't have to mean you took something physical. If you go into a movie theater without paying you are still stealing.

Copying is not taking.

That's irrational.

Nice try faggot.

Let me guess, you were one of those kids who would never share his homework at school with his buds even if they asked.

Taking in the work without paying is stealing. Again if you go into a movie theater without paying you would be stealing. You play a video game without paying for it you are stealing.

No. It isn't and it never will be, indie game dev.

Would you rather argue that me reading a book is, in fact, stealing the content, since I keep it around in my brain?

It always was m8. No matter how many circles of logic you wanna make up, you are still stealing.

It never was m8. No matter how poorly your game sold, no one stole it.

I think if we lived in a world where everyone could just duplicate food we'd live in a utopia where everybody can eat as much lobsters and doughnuts to their hearts content, and there would be no need to sell food.
He stole nothing and nobody loses anything.

But let's say only user has this magic wand, and he really does walk into a store, doesn't pay for shit but uses his magic wand to duplicate some food.
Again, by definition, he did not steal a thing,

BUT, you could say the store "lost potential sales",

HOWEVER, if user wouldn't have bought the doughnut even if he did not have his magic duplicating wand, then there really was no loss of potential sales.

this is what people who are too young to remember shareware actually believe

if a game is so worried about its quality that you may not play it without purchasing it, you should pirate/try it out on principle

Shit I misinterpreted your post, I thought you were arguing against piracy.

I watched someone play Firewatch.
it's a videogame of a Lifetime Original movie. you have terrible taste.

Fuck that and fuck them. They should should do their own goddamn homework.

They believe that because it's the truth.

Hope this clears things up.

t. user

Nice ID swap.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHA
HAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAAHAH
1/10
made me reply and made me laugh

You're messing up the steps, OP.

Pirate another one and have fun or look at your wallet and remind yourself money is spent on better things than video games.

yo fam stand back imma bust a fuckin move

Oh hai (217).

orrr… you could buy the game and just pirate the next one I guess.

That happened when I pirated Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires for PC. It was fun and I typically like the Empires series, but it was such a terrible port and the almost $200 DLC on top of that, buying it would just leave a bad taste in my mouth.

I NEVER felt the need to pirate and try to know if a game was for me or not. If you are not sure if you want the game, if you don't think it's worth its price, THEN DON'T FUCKING PLAY IT. Nobody is forcing you. But don't come here telling LIES about why you didn't buy the game and about the fact that you are a oh so good pirate. You are not, you are scum that enjoyed a product for free and that's all.
Only underage, NEET and jews pirate, mature people that actually know that labour has a value don't play the fucking game, if they think it's not worthy.
Grow the fuck up.

It was a shitty port because you pirated previous titles because they didn't include your favourite gimmick, or for some other excuse.
There is always a reason why you can justify yourself for pirating the game, always. Because you are fucking scum, and pathetic too since you even try to deny you are scum.

Most of these issues are fixed in the console versions, while the PC version is still ass.
Nigger, what gimmick? It's fucking Dynasty Warriors and they managed to fuck it up on PC.

He needs to get his daily endorphin rush by bawling around like an idiot crucifying people like a good goy, pay him no heed.

fuck you fag, they only talk about a stupid book there

stop considering piracy theft

G2A cured me.

When you see what games are really worth to developers, as they're sold off at their lowest price point, you realize that you've been the one getting fucked raw this entire time.

Either pirate or pay bottom dollar unless it's perfect 10 and you love the developer.

Glad too see that you saw the truth.
I really hope that more people start to realize this.
Kikes will hate this since they invested too much money to create this sysem, but fuck them

5 star post

Those books are paid for user.

user, please. While I'm with you about new games often not being worth pirating, KT ports are either playable or not and there is absolutely no rhyme or reason as to why. It's more or less pure random chance with that company.

There are various other reasons why piracy needs to continue to exist, too. But that's getting off the point.

Fuck wolfenstein.

oh yes the "potential sale" crap is one of the dumbest things ever. If I tell you a game is shit and you decide not to buy it then the producer just lost a "potential sale". By that logic game reviews are theft.

Also, just being in competition with another business you are making them lose these magic potential sales which means that being in the same market as any other business makes you a thief as well.

How can people make this argument and not see the glaring flaw in logic is beyond me.

Explain

Honestly there's an argument few,if any people bring up.

You ever tried reading a few pages off a book/comic/mango before deciding to buy it or not?
That's what a demo or a rent is for Vidya,a taste of something so you'll know what you're getting into besides word of mouth/reviews.

A lost potential sale from a review is far different from a sale from someone who would've otherwise been a customer if not going for the option that wholly benefit the customer,not the salesman nor the people behind the game:Piracy.

Let's face it,no matter how much people try to justify this shit you're still taking/playing/reading something you should have payed for in the first place.Very few people would pay for something they already have for free,no matter how good that thing is.

The few instances where it's justified is if the ammounts to aquire said vidya is simply unfair(Aussies know what I'm talking about) or have no way of getting it legitimately.

I'm not trying to be a moralfag here,I pirated a fucktons of movies,western piggu cartoons,japanese animes and vidya but I don't go bullshitting how it's my divine right to take shit that should have been payed for.

Oh please, I don't even pirate and I know you are full of shit.

Subnautica looked interesting to me
Nope, pirated.

Feels good to have not spent that $20 on something I wouldn't have enjoyed but now I have a game to look forward to being done if ever.

Maybe it's the feeling that you a nothing but a petty thief?

you are a jew

ITT: Thieves try so hard to justify why they aren't thieves for getting games without them being paid for.

I'm Aussie and I pay for my games. It's helps that with a few exceptions most games I don't buy as soon as they come out, so they're usually $10-$20 cheaper when I buy them.

First of all, if he can create donuts with his magic wand, why would he go to a doughnut shop in the first place? And secondly, if he wants a doughnut but doesn't want to support a crooked business, why doesn't he just leave and go to a different doughnut shop instead?

Flawed analogy is flawed, but then again you can't except solid logic from people who try to justify stealing.

but user, if i ignore the definition of thievery im not a thief

And someone also paid for the games before they uploaded them via torrents, jackass.

Why would you play a game you don't think you should pay for? if it's because "I think the game is shit", then you willingly play shit games? In that case, your assertion is the wrong one. You claim you think it's shit, but you don't because you have interest enough to play it.

There is no real way to get around it: you are taking something that took effort to create but don't want to compensate the creators for it. No different than if you asked someone to invent something for you but then you just take the design and don't pay them and go "I didn't steal anything, you still have your design, I just copied it!"

in my eyes if i feel a game is worth a playthrough in the middle of my current run, i'll stop what i'm doing and buy the game. if i don't feel like what i'm currently playing is worth the price, i'll either try and find a discount that's proportionate to my enjoyment or never buy.

Who gives a shit what they think? Pirated media is fucking free, easy to get and has practically no repercussions unless you have a shit ISP.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/false_equivalence

You mean like how pirates try to justify themselves with the flawed and idiotic "bike/car duplicate" argument?

The library pay for those book to be there. For all the copy and you pay for the library card.

If you go inside and read the book without a card you are preventing a revenue to the library therefor stealing the sale

Dont eat me, mr. Pig!

Send these people to live in my country in where (due to devaluation and really shitty economic politics) a GTX 970 costs $620, a 1TB HDD SATA is 120$ and a $60 videogame is up to $100

And in less than a month month? a fucking week, you'll see these fuckers happily torrenting the shit out of vidya

Not the same thing, the library makes deals to be able to lend books. Piracy is just taking an stealing the game. I don't know why pirates try to justify shit so much ,if you are gonna be a thief at least own up to it.

a 60 dollar videogame costs 17k here.

you know we have IDs right ?

You know you're not fooling anyone here when it's obvious you're the only contrarian ?