steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=686535834
mega.nz/#!QNQzgIZa!dzc29RII-jkgzO1FkZ7kCPNL8PDbiS-ZjPtgcVLMeZg
archive.is/xgwiN
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Literally what?

hello newfriend.

He's still at it?
How long has it been?

Fag, you're just seeming more like a shill the more you run your mouth.

Look at this fucking newfag

That trailer didn't give me the slightest idea what the game is about.

I will make a webm then.

dubious, last I heard he had abandoned the nds code for a Java version and he's porting that Java version back to c++ and living in a van.
thinks he's Jesus too.
two years short of a decade since it's been announced +5 years he was supposedly working on it pre-announcement.

webbum 4u.

rpg in which the battles are replaced by vidya themed minigames is the best way I can think to put it, he has demos out now as well.
I have only played his nds demo from way back when and I don't think it's up any more
I'd be happy to up it to mega though. it was fairly fun though, ended with a tetris clone in which the tetrids only had 3 solid blocks that made interesting use of the negative space.

Looks awesome, just like every other rpgmaker game ever!

What do you do in this game exactly?

It seems slightly intriguing I guess? It doesn't look too fun and I'm not exactly sure why I should care, but more power to you, OP. Can't say it would by my cup of tea though.

Well people on Holla Forums loved Lisa.

wasn't this game in development since 2001? holy shit

It looks like an RPG Maker version of Heavy Rain, except trying and failing to be funny.
I guess Steam Greenlight is the new Newgrounds?

yes it's the new Newgrounds, except you pay for everything

user

it's nobody's cup of tea. the only reason this is interesting at all is because bob himself is such a fucking train wreck. bob's game has become a myth, a legend at this point

Just a game i've been following for a while that's finally got a significant update after a few years of nothing.

how? because of the button prompts everywhere?
it plays nothing like heavy rain.

also, this. I feel as if I am the only one who likes this game because of actual in-game reasons and not for the sea of insanity that surrounds it.

I'll be honest with you user, the only reason people remember the game is because of the sea of insanity that surrounded it.

I'm well aware, and if it weren't for that insanity I would've stopped checking back on it a while ago.

Newfags

The guy made his own engine for the game. And is releasing it for free afaik.

Your new is showing mate.

What am I supposed to do with this?

Back in the first wave of news about this game, it instantly annoyed me for trying to be deep and mysterious and do anything but just plainly and directly explain the product. I HATE that kind of advertising and refuse to give anything the time of day that goes with that strategy. I also didn't like how it seemed to focus too much on the creator and not enough on the product. You make a thing first, and if it's good, then I might want to know more about you the creator.

This new trailer is a step in the right direction, but all that character stuff at the beginning and end, and the last "what is bob's game" bit at the very end, still had some of that problem. If he ever wants to get me interested he needs to drop the deep mystery angle entirely and just present the game as a game.

Incidentally, man does that game's color scheme use a lot of grey.

I mostly remember being annoyed by the sea of insanity, but yeah, pretty much this.

run it, it's a wrapper for the java engine.
demo 2 is a better reflection of the final game because it's written in the original C engine he's currently working on.

he's releasing the source code free at some point, not 100% sure if the editing tools will be free as well but I am assuming they will be.
embed related his level editing software.

this is the only way he could ever hope to gain back any sort of credibility short of releasing the whole thing for free and it genuinely being a good game

It has a long history behind it. In short, the dev is ambitious and planned for it to be on a nintendo console. He tried to pitch his game to Nintendo a decade ago, but it was rejected by them.

Glad that he's continuing it.

Fuck it, here's a fun article for you newfags not yet in on the joke that is Bob and his "game":

encyclopediadramatica.se/Bob's_Game

Enjoy this train wreck of egomania, delusion, and self-destruction that has been entertaining us for the last ten years.

Hello Bob, time for another moneymaking scheme filled with drama and attention whoring?

last time i heard about bon's game he smashed all his shit on stream and halted production

never thought i'd hear about it again

try "absolute nutcase".
this is the fucker that spent 5 years claiming he was making a game and at no point showed a single thing about it beyond inane trailers, demanded a full nintendo release WITHOUT paying the devkit fee and then spent like 3 months holed up in his room after nintendo told him to eat shit

Protip from someone that has been in Bob's Game threads back in the day.
Bob usually starts these threads.

You have my interest now. Elaborate?

looks like a generic indie pixel shit game

Read the link at
Dude tried to get an official developer's toolkit from Nintendo to get this game ported to the DS, and locked himself in his own room as a 100-day protest until he got his way. He lasted a month.

read the ED page first.
the in-game reasons I was talking about are mainly the interesting take on contextual interactions, velocity based camera controls, and the interesting use of negative space in the tetris minigame.
these have all been done by other games since, but at one point were fairly original ideas that grabbed my interest.

Holy fuck, this guy is a grade A autist. Surprised I didn't hear about this shit till now.

Holy shit, this guy can't be real.

his website now reads
I am the next Messiah, the true successor to Jesus Christ, the greatest and most historically significant human that will ever live, and the most powerful wizard of all time.
I am the absolute ruler of the Universe and the Earth. I am literally God in the flesh.
it really never ends

Hold up, isn't this game legitimately like an ahead of its time great game? Am I thinking of the right one didn't he have something to do with nintendo or something?

wouldn't say it was ahead of its time, but at the time it was on-par with retail nds games, now seems behind the times because every newcomer that sees it immediately jumps to

Please tell me this isn't true. My sides can't handle it.

Mostly because every indie game these days need to be pixelated, either out of laziness or out of a desire to ride the coattails of the good pixel indie games. People say that the indie market is so much better than the AAA industry, but when it comes to games, they're pretty much exactly the same. Only difference being that indie seems to spawn a couple more gems than AAA does these days.

Fuck off bob

Define what you mean by "pixelated"

I believe him but where's the vidya

This can't be real.

Maybe the real vidya is life and we will learn who is the winner when he returns to earth to judge us all for our sins.

Using pixel graphics rather than having a unique style or even going the extra mile and sticking to some of the limitations of the console they're emulating the feel of. They try looking like an NES game without grasping the subtleties of why they looked so good. They fail to realize those devs were trying to make the game look appealing as possible with technology at the time while these fags are going at it the other way around by making their vision look as "retro" as possible.

oh, it's real.
bobsgame.com
archive.is/wp8cN
fucking this. Bob's game has a potential to be one of these gems but I'm not sure how it would fare in a market so over saturated with lazily done pixelshit games.
or a better way to put it is I don't know if bob's work will deliver a product that's legitimately miles above '['ADGD's latest undertale clone]''

sounds like something bob would say.

Guys

what if he's right?

What if you use pixelated sprites but not in a "so retro" way?

holy fuckin shit

Would Bob just go to the internet and tell lies after 10 years making his game?
Didn't think so.
orz

MY RIBS

He's even responding to comments on his greenlight page confirming his words. This is too good to be true.

That's a different story. Its hard to accomplish this thanks to everyone who's soiled the artstyle, but the style is forgiven if what you're presenting is fresh and good. Basically make a good game and you can use whatever fucking art style you want.

Holla Forums isnt one person
Lisa looking nothing like an rpg maker game though. Risk Of Rain didn't either and people on Holla Forums liked them too.

off yourself

that's the best part.

RoR was game maker though.

Total descent into insanity thread?

santogold.com/ - Not archived because the mp3 makes the experience

what the fuck did I just click on?

As one person I think Lisa is garbage, and it was an RPGMaker game unless you were too fucking stupid to figure that out with the non-existant animation.

Stop feeding Bob. This is a fucking tired horse, we've done this dance before. These comments seemingly spewing unwarranted self importance, these obvious bait posts praising the "game" that absolutely reek of bob himself, its all fucking on purpose.

The nintendo store video was faked.
The month long drama fest in his room was faked.
The temper tantrum on webcam was faked.
Its all to generate publicity. Stop feeding into it and let it die, its been a fruitless 10 fucking years.

FUCKING

YEARS

I think its time to find a new gimmick Bob.

Can you show me some examples of what you mean by this?

I'm working on making a game and interested in what peoples standards are. I always hear this stuff but I never get a good idea for what pixel-shit really is.

An 80's jewelry fake scam centered around an unreleased horror wrestling movie, mail fraud and suing Santigold.

The only thing they did to make it look different is the sprites aren't anime style and they made it a side-scroller. Other than that the menus look like every other RPG maker game, and I'm pretty sure a lot of the attack effect animations are straight from RPG maker.

Is this the time cube guy come back to us

You fear me. As does everyone in this thread for i am god supreme, Jesus himself and ruler of earth and heaven.

This is a shill thread.

I can't tell if this is an absurdist art piece or if it's actually real. I love it.

T H E R I D E N E V E R E N D S

no shit it was all faked, those of us that went along for the ride at the time fully expected it to be.
and it's pretty clear his new gimmick is trying to convince people he's Jesus.

truly a masterpiece.

the time cube guy went somewhere?
fucking hell.

What was there ever to do in the game though? I have to wonder that

Time cube guy probably died of old age. His domains have all expired and he hasn't been seen in public for a long time.

Food for thought

Hmm, I hadnt heard heard much about his game and it was back when he was having problem with nintendo and even then it was vague.

Not bob but I believe I have been bamboozled by another user or bob himself.

No, shit read my post thats what I said, they both looked nothing like rpgmaker games.

rpgmaker games are not generally 2d side scrollers, they are top down turned based isometric trash. Thats what I meant.

Have you even played it? Got into an enemy encounter? Or are you just stupid?

that is kind of sad, I hope he realized that time isn't a square when he passed on.

seems he as right about some things.

yes, why would you say a game that wasn't made with rpgmaker looks nothing like rpgmaker. it's redundant.
it looks fairly typical of gamemaker games what with how everything moves and all.
as for LISA it looked fairly typical of an RPGmaker game, they just did interesting things with the map and animations to make it look like a side scroller.
you can even infinitely walk towards the screen.

The game about bob's game was alright

Oh, I remember this one. Some wannabe cult leader/illegal merchant with a narcissism complex.

Oddity Archive did a pretty good dig on the guy, it's a fun story.

I fucking hate you people.
Something about your naive "pretending to be retarded" semantics arguing bullshit really annoyed me so a I am going to turn that into something productive instead of just calling you faggots and being done with it, I am spoonfeed your retarded asses, I want to stress the fact that you both know exactly what I am talking about, and I know this. You both know exactly what I mean when I say "they both looked nothing like rpgmaker games" but if not and you are both genuinely retarded at least I covered all the bases.

This is what I and many people mean when they say rpg maker games have a certain look and feel.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=683857703
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=693657968
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=683155884
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=615824993
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=680855704
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=670829602
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=675982998
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=617046956
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=642631862
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=692604359
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=680269497
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=689351863
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=638635485
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=670518615
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=669652359
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=408013033
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=524079883
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=686535834

Look at the screenshots, if you have a brain you will notice a similar pattern of a certain visual style (rpg maker is not a very versatile engine its for low effort nodevs to turn their ideas in to a mediocre cookie cutter reality) then kill your self.

but what about the game inside the game about bob's game called bob's game?

that was really interesting actually, I have never seen oddity archive before. good shit.

LISA still fits the bill fairly well, anyone familiar with rpgmaker could tell LISA was made with it.
it didn't entirely use stock assets, but some were present, the menu system was barely modified.
as for RoR it wasn't made with RPGmaker at all, but does act fairly typical of gm games. just compare how everything moves and the shaders of HM with RoR and you will see what I mean.

So I was right. Fuck off.

of course time isn't a square you retard it's a cube

Want there an update about this like a year ago? I forget what was up at the time.

I don't know user, even if this is all ten years of faking it is still incredible autism of his part. Is he crazy? Is he the biggest troll ever? All I know is he is a massive attention-seeking faggot and what is does is humorous on its own.

It's been awhile since you made a thread bob. your game is still shit

good point. are there archives of it anywhere?

last big update I saw was him posting this long and drawn out story about him being homeless and thinking he was Jesus.
I saw it on the steam page but I think it got deleted, probably out there somewhere still.

Even if he was "trolling", the act shouldnt have gone on for too long. I doubt he is, which makes me wonder why didnt work for a publisher instead or release the game a long time ago.

Holy fuck, after forgetting about this for years, I just remembered it yesterday, and now there's a thread and it's been greenlit.

Is this the result of us being psychic beings, or what the fuck ever he rambled about?

I've had this pdf lying around for fuck knows how long, but I don't honestly know what context it was originally posted in. Can anyone tell me? Mega because it's too big to upload here.
mega.nz/#!QNQzgIZa!dzc29RII-jkgzO1FkZ7kCPNL8PDbiS-ZjPtgcVLMeZg

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST HE'S STILL AT IT

BOB IS MERCIFUL BOB IS GREAT
BOB IS MERCIFUL BOB IS GREAT
REPENT AND SUBMIT TO BOB

Why hasnt he released the game already?

I wish he would have done this. I remember him saying that if he couldn't get it published he would release his own flash cart, wonder what happened with that?

this is the very story I was talking about, thank you for uplaoding that. he uploaded that a few months after he did a kikestarter that failed and before doing the kikestarter that succeeded.
e-begging with a twinge of genuine insanity.

That is what's so amazing. The level of autism is off the damn charts.

Holy fuck I just started reading that.

Then I skimmed.

Ninety-six pages.

What the actual fuck is wrong with this guy

isn't bob's game as old as chris chan shenanigans?

this is just embarrassing. At least look it up before you act like a fucking dumbass.

Friendly Reminder
archive.is/xgwiN

we 2008 nao

why don't i remember this shit I go back further than that