Sword and Sorcery

What are the top tier sword and sorcery games?
I have a major itch for it after reading Conan

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8ZsIrG-40qI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dragon's Dogma and Dark Messiah are pretty much the top of the field. DD is great for magic users as no game gives you that feeling of master wizard that DD does. Sure, a lot of other games make you feel powerful, but DD goes the extra mile and shows you the effects of a tornado you summon, a meteor storm you rain down on your foes.

Get sky-rim, according to gabe, mod that shit to hell and back. Play the fuck out of it. Ask yourself why are you wasting so much time playing video games. Cry.

Dark Messiah.

Also recommending Dark Messiah.

I did it once.

Once.

It was fucking awesome. Especially the graphics enhancer mods.

Don't waste your life replaying it. Just mod it as much as possible once and that's it. Also get this mod, it's great.

Get yourself Hexen

then mod it with Wrath of cronos.
It adds more weapons for every class, adds 2 new classes, Hunter and Necromancer.

It also comes with its own talent tree system, though the skills are kinda similar to what you would expect from blizzard.

what about hexen 2?
where the hell do i get hexen 2 actually

Hexen 2 I never played, but it can't be modded as much compared to Hexen 1, since it uses the doom engine.

and doom games are great when it comes to mods.

Rune and Severance: Blade of Darkness are the ultimate sword and sorcery games which I recommend. Enclave also but that game is boring as shit.

Witcher too can be put in that category.

Maybe Gothic games, but i don't know if that is proper sword and sorcery you are looking for.

Another voice for Dark Messiah.

Also have a look at Golden Axe and the D&D arcade games.

I really wish they'd put dragons crown onto PC.

Or atleast get another game like it.
There's simply not enough of these kinda games.

I am hoping for PS3 emulation.

Also OP check out this obscure Quake II mod.

youtube.com/watch?v=8ZsIrG-40qI

id tech 1 is actually more limited since it cant do slopes, without heavy modifications.

I'd prefer it to go on PC, I'd want my friends to play n stuff

Skyrim, once modded to hell, can scratch that itch. The action game overhaul mixed with a dodge roll and lock-on makes the whole thing a lot better.

Also, this enb will make your game look like a conan cover at times.

Dragon's Crown did well with making you feel like you were on an old school, fantasy adventure. If you like side scrolling beat em ups, you might like it.

Modded M&B

Dragon's Dogma the way to go. The PC port fixed the framerate troubles the console had.

I tried to go back but couldn't. Too similar perhaps and I probably couldn't be bothered going through it all again to get to the good stuff.

At least I had my fun with the Amazon.

what are the best mods for mount n blade

Warsword is getting a new version at the end of the month, its the warhammer mod.

Prophesy of Pendor (hard, import an existing character unless you like getting beat up when you start)
Silverstag
Warsword
Floris
Nova Aetas (not finished, buggy)

There's a LOT of mods, search the caravanserai in the taleworlds forum for more.