Been a week since release

does no one here ever buy games?
or are you just silently enjoying games because you know any discussion will be shitposted to death

Other urls found in this thread:

itvision.altervista.org/why-windows-10-sucks.html
wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War:_WARHAMMER_Future_Content_Blog
thepetfox.net/2010/08/what-not-to-feed-fox.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There was a thread shitting on the game immediately after it launched so the hivemind decided that it's shit.
Most anons like me don't care enough about this genre to explore it so our interest went from 0 to -1.

What game?

This is the first game with denuvo that I actually wanted to play. Still not buying it though, I'm a student, no job, and I'm sure as fuck not spending my parents money on video games.

cock wars 2

Do you want to discuss Steins Gate or Lightning returns with me OP? Which is what I'm currently playing. No? Thought not.

Honestly I don't even know what that game is that you're talking about.

Good man, make sure to loosen your wallet once they inevitably sell you the rest of the factions

It's cuck you little white boy.

i heard you would rather talk about the latest and greatest game overwatch.

that's the plan. maybe one day you'll understand a lot of people don't work for free. but good job showing off what's being released for free because a cheap game almost always goes hand in hand with microtransactions

Give me a fucking break, most devs get payed by the hour considering how long it takes for games to be made.

Also,
>buying a fucking total war game at launch

Yeah, I will never do that. I'll wait a year or 2 until everything gets patched and released with all dlcs in one package. Oh wait.

Never buying it. Never playing it. No loss for me.

No, I meant cock.

Total war: Warhammer? OP was talking about that abortion of a game?

Get the fuck out OP you blatant shill. Your obviously shilling and on the small chance you are serious you still need to leave because of your incredibly shit taste.

Ah now I know what that game OP is going on about.

Warhammer Dark Omen.

Ah 1998 has come again.

The game is alright. Not much else to say at the moment, we'll have to wait and see just HOW semitic Sega, GW and CA are going to behave later on. I'm waiting for the DX12 patch to see how much performance improves (currently getting between 30 and 40 FPS during large battles).

Oh I'll buy it. When it gets a 10 dollar GOTY-edition with all the DLCs in it.

That would imply you are using win 10. Just why

The kernel is excellent and the spyware features (which got backported to W7 by the way) can easily be turned off.

Assuming you update at all.

user, Microsoft's kernel paradigm has been shit for about 5 or 6 years now.

Yeah, no.
itvision.altervista.org/why-windows-10-sucks.html

The games alright, they fixed most of what was wrong with Rome 2 and even fixed some Warscape bullshit like blobbing, sudden stops and 1vs1 combat.
They still streamlined a shitton of things like formations, some animations simply dont exist like reloading cannons and muskets/blunderbuss and Chaos has too many reskins and minor factions simply dont have the stages or units to feel like Warhammer, Kislev not having unique units is the worse ofrense to me.
The game itself is pretty alright even is somewhat casualized, just too barebones, Denuvo is garbage, and we already know that its going to be shock full of nickel and diming.
If you really want to buy it, wait for it when its done, the games pretty enjoyable just not worth the price.

wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War:_WARHAMMER_Future_Content_Blog

Don't all gastropods do that? It's one of the most famous things about them.

It's pretty good. Lots of room for improvement over time, although it's by no means incomplete as it is. If you're not a diehard of Total War or Warhammer, then wait for a bundle with loads of the inevitable DLC in next year's summer sale.

You forgot your tm

One good thing came out of this game, and that's losing the last few molecules I had for the Total War series. I can tolerate horrendously shitty buggy gameplay on launch, that's expected since Empire and it takes 2-3 years for the bugfixing and gameplay fixes and major mods to come out.

But Denuvo is an unforgivable sin.

The latter

I just picked that up today, haven't had a chance to play it properly yet though as I'm playing Bloodborne.

Is the game better than the anime?

What do you think?
What gives you and the game more to invest in the characters?

Yes actually, it's been two years since i bought a game.
I modded both my 360 and PSP, and i'm also planning to get an N3DS soon. Piracy is truly bliss.

Not a lot in all honesty, at least until you asked me that question. The only VN I've finished is Katawa Shoujo.

Guess I should think before I post!

VN/Video Games have more time to invest and thus flesh out the characters.

Said the fox to the grape. Everytime a game with denuvo comes out, there is always the flaming ass that put up that pathetic show "oh it has denuvo, i don't want it!". No bitch it's not that you don't want it, it's that you can't have it. Don't make a fool out of yourself.

Is this WC3? Damn these graphics look awful

Pretty much. Any conversation about any big new titles is just a bunch of faggot screaming about shills. Not worth the effort to even try and have a discussion then.

That would imply denuvo hasn't been cracked.

Hello Mr Marketer

Ahaha very nice fucking argument. As if I'm willing to risk game performance for anti piracy measures, nevermind the fact that denuvo is very consumer "friendly" as securerom was. Nah man, playing games on steam is enough, I don't need more 3rd party measures infesting my games just to be able to play them.

guilty pleasure for me
I really like warhammer
total war is bretty fun

Denuvo hasn't actually been cracked though. people found ways to emulate Denuvo to get some games to work, but Denuvo has yet to be cracked.

Lmao I'm doing a pretty bad job, not mentioning the title of the games and speaking about denuvo. Fuck off.

So without denuvo you would get the game. Because you would pirate it. So you agree that those who go out of their way saying "hurr denuvo i don't want it" are actually complaining about the fact that they can't have the game.

Been playing vampires. It's horribly shallow and very lazily designed/implemented. It looks very hideous and runs orders of magnitude worse than shogun 2, which is the last TW I played.

I was playing with my pardna and I needed some dark magic, _he was dwarves but I was still able to buy his 'dark magic'. The dark magic I was trying to buy just showed up to him as gold and his towns even said he was taxing dark magic on my screen. Vampires are just humans with different labels on some of their stuff. There are no mechanics which are unique to vampires. I saw a vampire banging his sword against an invisible shield because he was holding a staff in his other hand- it even made a clang sound when he hit the air.

The game is fucking horrible.

If you are afraid of performance issues you would silently await for users feedback. If you feel the need to complain, that's a sign of first degree butthurt. Was denuvo even a problem in other games? I don't know, but Holla Forums would have made a fuss if that happened and I don't remember threads about it.

Id pirate and play the game if I could, because I like to give every game a chance. I have the money necessary to buy it, but I have no intention of spending it on a game that not sure Ill like. Attila was shit, so why should I assume this will be any better?

Gastropod mating is bonkers.
Some fire darts made a chitin and others just rip off their dicks and throw them around. Most can just straight up fuck themselves and lay eggs after

.>>9496628
Even as a pirate I would wait, that's what I do with all Total War games. May have waited less due to the setting and race specific mechanics.

Fug, that's what I get for posting half aslep, wasted quads.

They also have more time to fuck it all up and overstay their welcome, what's your point?

Nah, game might not be completely shit, but in no way I'm gonna support jewish practices. I will just keep here with my emulations and classics, no good release came recently to make me feel like spending

HOW ABOUT NOT BEING FUCKING JEWISH WITH DLC?

No demo, no game, I already wasted money buying things before playing, I will never do that again, if they are gonna go with denuvo they are obligated to give us a demo, otherwise they can go fuck themselves sideways

WHAT ARE YOU FUCKING CUCKS???

You are fighting the good fight, the fight against yourself.
Stay strong, user. Stay strong.

Actually the "spy" features can be turned off.

Just strip all the shit from win10 and turn it into neo-win7. Though MS was caught lying when they said Cortana is an integral part of windows now. Windows is targeting the Facebook audience banking on ignorance.

Even a lot of tech smart people I know have never heard of the DISM command line utility. I suspect MS sends assassins after everyone who mentions it.

then you did a very stupid thing user

I'll take dubs

Is this the fucking cuck assembly of 2016? Re-rolling dubs because fuck you faggots.

Let me help you.

Fuck W:TW.

How was Mark of Chaos and the expansion?

Summer is here early

That's exactly why I don't want to discuss it.
Also orks wuz ere, stunties are gits.

Do the environments get anymore varied than brown dirt plains? Are there any jungles or really interesting environments?

Grassland, grassland with forests, badlands, mountains, snow and edgecount lands with corpses everywhere as far as I know, doubt they have jungles. Maybe once they release the Lustria expansion, and they better fucking do, I need muh lizardmen/skaven war.

Has this ever been used for anything but defending garbage games on Holla Forums?

Has this ever been used for anything but trolling anywhere?

Pretending to be retarded isn't trolling though.

The number of shill threads about this game has been out of control in the last few days.

Fortunately shilling this game is rather pointless since you only need to use one word to make everyone understand just how terrible this game really is:

Ho Ho Holy Shit

Thankfully they got rid of the matched combat, and the impacts are a bit better. But yeah, I'd like to see a revamped version of the Medieval II engine or something similar to that.

Good. I hope it doesn't get cracked you niggers.
They should bring back demos, though.

He even put in the stealing part.

Call the cops, I don't give a shit.

You forgot about underground.
It looks kinda neet.

Main reason I didn't bought is it being a bad deal. Besides a giant book of grudges to put on a shelf it doesn't have anything amazing.

haha oh wow

I played this at EGX Rezzed in London and it ran like shit even on their specially set up PCs. Notable frame-drops, Bugging out gameplay and the fact creative assembly were shilling it so hard just made me dislike it from the off.

When your opening sentence is "So how are you experiencing our best work yet?" like the egotistical fat prick you are, you're just immediately putting suspicion on you - and I was fucking spot on, the game is garbage.

Shit thread.
Bait threat.
Everyone who replied got trolled.

I kinda like the drinking horn.

I'll see you in next week's buyer's remorse thread.

After playing 20 hours of the M2 mod and 20 hours of Total Warhammer, I've come to a conclusion Holla Forums, a conclusion as a long-time Warhammer Fantasy fan and long-time Total War fan

Total Warhammer is better.

No shit. It has more features, more polish, and is more fun than the M2 mod.

It isn't a perfect game by any means but it's definitely worth checking out.

The issues it currently has can be fixed by mods since the mod tools have no restrictions and no limitations, at least none that anyone's found.

so what's bad for the costumer about denuvo? it's like starforce?

How the fuck do you win as the Empire.

At one point you have Orkz fucking you from the south while Chaos fucks you from the north and some prissy vampires and nobles nibble at your sides.

You are worse than the most vile of Urk and Grobi

Denuvo fucks over performance

how? i thought it just generated a random code for each PC

No of course I wouldn't fucking buy this game. Even if it was good I wouldn't buy it because 40 is the absolute maximum amount I would ever pay for a digital copy, and that is REALLY pushing it and would require a LOT of value for the money.

I only buy games if I don't feel cheated by paying their price, which isn't a lot these days. Also this doesn't even look worth the bandwith to pirate it honestly.

Wait until late 2017/early 2018 to get the full edition with all 16+ pieces of DLC. That might just be worth it, if the DLC/FLC they push out is any good

Try spamming some Defense/Military alliances with some AI factions to gain a little bit of buffer zones. They can make massive armies out of a single town, but not you. So use that to your advantage, I guess.

Right now I only have Chaos and other minor Chaos factions in the north to deal with. Vampires are still busy trying to gain ground against my eastern AI ally due to an early-game invasion where I sacked Carstein's pasty white ass from Strength Rank 2 all the way to rank 23. Orks in the South are busy with the allied Dwarf factions, so I never even got the chance to fight them yet

So is autoresolve worse or better than playing it out?

Not for or against the game. Don't know shit about it but how much "enjoyment" can you seriously get from that piece? Do you cosplay or something or is it just gonna be something to sit on a shelf? What is the meaning of this?

Its so he can justify spending way too much money on a cheaply made piece of shit and feel good about being a goy. I understand paying more if you actually get quality but this is definitely not quality.

I prefer wait, and by that i mean pirate

Exactly what you said OP. Befpre i even read the first post i'm going to predict that most of this is shitposting because of it's business practices. It's a solid game though and it's fun to play.

Warhammer universe is retarded as fuck

Total War is always the same shit and they are only dumbing it down like every kike developer does nowadays

I wont even bother pirating

That's simply incredible.
We have bunch of retarded normalfags and shills in this very thread.
Someone really bought this shit? I simply can't believe it…
This setting deserves far better game. Let it die already.

Can you use Tzeenchs Birdo in the campaign?

Well thats going in the Dammaz Kron

I don't know. I think theres some mods for just that.

Lords of Change are fucking scary dude.

i cannot buy it because I can't pirate it to see if I like it

Can someone explain to me the problem with denuvo? Apart form the fact that it means you can't pirate the game I mean I have not had a single instance where it has inconvenienced me at all.

It rapes performance

Even if it is pretty much perfect, why it's necessary? Most of game with it have some performance issues. And almost all of them - utter shit.
So? It's another part of ethernal war between shitty managers and backfire of their anticonsumer bullshit.
Let it burn.

No try no buy for me. After Creative Assembly's latest few fuck ups I'm not about to jump on the bandwagon until I get to play it first.

Also have to make sure Denuvo isn't raping performance and SSDs like it does with other games.

I buy games, but if the game has DLC I won't buy it until the Definitive/GOTY/whatever version with all the DLC comes out. I buy an entire game in one purchase or nothing at all ever.

If it fucks with performance on lower end machines I can understand why it is shit but if it is a non-intrusive form of DRM then I am fine with it. No DRM is better but I can understand why a company would want their product to go uncracked for atleast the first few weeks.

It is just a part of problem, you know?
Game in question is low effort cash grab, shitty representation of setting, just bare fucking minimum.
Also, shitty performance, as usual. No matter if it is problem with DRM or else.
And you perfectly aware that common consumer gonna buy fucking every overhyped piece of crap. If got a few friends that bought it.
This DRM is just opportunity for opportunity of making their job as bad as possible without graphic effect for investors, or, you know, senior manager.

This is the first Total War game I've played and I've got to say I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Dorfs are fucking bad ass.

I'm sure there's going to be DLC out the fucking ass but from what I've seen a lot of people who play Total War games get many thousands of hours of play time out of them.

There have been exactly 2 threads including this one this week you retard.

Shitty performance if you use Jevidia. :^)

Look at this guy, spending money on what he loves. Bet it felt fucking satisfying huh?

You're on the right path, user.

no

I love WHFantasy, but no.

Hi millennial!

thepetfox.net/2010/08/what-not-to-feed-fox.html

Yeah, vomit.

And good day to you, Grand Wizard Autismus.

I'm having fun with it, I have never really played total war, so i'm going off of other games, It feels like a simple version of a grand strategy game, mixed with a pretty good RTS.

Playing empire, You think humans would ally easy'er man

I just had an idea for a new fighting game

Busy trying to gitgud at total war finally

Zzzzzzzzz.

look faggot, you want to know why i didn't buy this piece of shit? because the last like four total war games have been complete fucking garbage, and it's fucked at the engine level which means it's got fundamental problems that can't be fixed by anyone but the shogun 2 team

if total warhammer turned/turns out to be good a few patches down the road i'd consider getting it but there are three rules that you should follow in gaming

I'm not even surprised. You're a complete embarrassment.

The only thing that is missing is for your arm to be fat as fuck, then it would be 100% perfect.

Truly, you are the greatest ally anyone could ever hope to have. I'll gladly buy you the next collector's edition of anything that comes out, like the latest Fallout 4 DLC, just give me all your credit card info.

Hahahahaha

wew

Is that a cup?

Let's stop flinging shit over the game and have an actual discussion. The topic: why the game is actually dogshit.

1) AI still doesn't play by the same rules as you. Most actions your agents do can actually be ignored entirely, since the AI doesn't have to worry about income or public order. If you sack settlements to cause public disorder, you actually cause none, because the AI is immune to it. The AI doesn't have diplomatic penalties or cool downs on creating confederations, meaning that they can assimilate as fast as they want, and that you can never try to turn anyone against them with diplomatic penalties that you would be covered in after assimilating someone. The AI also sees all of your units through the fog of war, and knows exactly which areas of your empire are undefended at all times, capable of avoiding unseen armies with 100% efficiency. This also applies to seeing units inside of stacks - they know when your army is stronger than theirs without scouting or encountering you.

2) Playable Chaos faction is anti-fun. The horde system doesn't make the game fast paced or push you into offense. All it means is that you'll spend three times the turns replenishing your armies than any of the other factions would. You also have no defensive bonuses when encamping, unlike every other faction, and since your armies follow the simple rule that you can retreat once, and then you are completely defeated if you rout/lose the next fight, you'll spend most of your time moving away from enemies until you find a safe place to camp and replenish.

The only reason to ever awaken a tribe is to use their territory to replenish, as they are useless in war, rarely follow instructions, and spend their days fighting against each other rather than marching south. It's also worth noting that all of the Norse tribes just use the generic Warriors of Chaos unit lists, instead of having Norse unit lists.

Finally, there are no daemons except for a guaranteed chaos army that spawns at turn 120 lead by a greater daemon of tzeentch that is hostile to you, strictly following the Warriors of Chaos army list (minus half the units), which is stupid when you consider that you're not the typical Norse, but rather a special "chosen" entity that is unable to settle down and control territory. You also only get Chaos Marks as wargear that you equip in your lord's follower slot, meaning that you can only have 6 marks for every 20 units (if you don't use your follower slots for better things, such as movement speed, which is 100% essential for Chaos in this game).

3) Quick marching is still in the game. You (or an AI) can enable a stance that prevents you from attacking, but increases your maximum range by 50%. It has a huge downside of causing your troops to be very tired if you are attacked while marching. There are many problems involving this.

The biggest one is that the AI always knows where your armies are and how far they can march, so they will never end a march when within attacking distance, ever. Knowing this, they will quick march around all of your armies and into your territory, leaving the stance long enough to attack settlements before enabling the stance and moving again. When this happens, you physically cannot catch these armies, since the AI knows every location on the map that is safe from your armies at all times. You could switch to quick march to catch the enemy, except you can't attack while in this stance, and if you chance an army equal to yours with quick march, they can simply turn off the stance, turn around, and attack your army, causing your troops to be functionally useless due to starting fatigue.

The only other option for dealing with quick marching is to just quick march into an enemy's territory once he quick marches into yours, which will ruin you 100% of the time. The enemy is usually smaller than you, so base trading with them is a disaster.

4) You can't capture territory unless the game tells you that you can. Vampires/Empire can only capture territory from undead/humans, while Dwarves/Orcs can only capture territory from each other as well. The game tries to force you to fight the typical enemies of your faction, but it's so limiting. If you play as the Empire, the only reason to ever mess with a dwarf is to sign non-aggression pacts so that you will never have to waste your time fighting a war that neither faction has anything at all to gain.

(continued)
5) There are only 4 playable races in this game, with the additional Chaos DLC that isn't worth owning or playing. The game includes Kislev, the Border Princes, Bretonnians, and Norscans on the map, but Kislev and the Border Princes just use the same army list as the Empire, Norscans use the same list as Warriors of Chaos, and Bretonnians were left unplayable for no real reason at all, considering that it takes just minutes to mod them as playable, and there are so little placeholder assets that even AGDG could finish the faction in a day.

Not only are there only 4 playable factions, but the missing factions are pretty huge. There are three different Elf factions missing, although the places they would begin at are actually already on the map. That's ignoring the biggest miss of them all - there are no mercenaries or dogs of war. This is a Total War game set in a universe rife with mercenaries of basically every faction, and there are none. No irregulars, no free companies, no dogs of war, none of it. They really missed a huge opportunity, because they could have sold mercenary heroes that are attached to a company of their special troops. No Ricco's Republican Guard, no Fighting Cocks (or halflings at all), no ogre mercenaries, nothing. It's just all gone.

6) For some reason, Creative Assembly insists on adding good controls to every Total War game, and then completely removing them in the next. This time, nothing good was added to Warhammer's controls. You cannot drag-move armies like in Rome 2, nor do you have the movement fine tuning controls that were in the corner in Shogun 2. If you want the same effect, you have to alt click. You have to use alt and click and drag on your units, while using WASD to move the camera. If you want to rotate in place, you have to use alt+control+click and drag while using WASD to move the camera.

There were better systems in every other Total War game. There is no reason to force everyone to right click and drag every time they want to slightly adjust their units, causing them to make slight changes to their ranks and wasting precious time forming columns.

7) Denuvo.

Yes, it causes performance issues. Yes, if your steam stops responding for 2 seconds like it almost always does when you do something in the steam web helper, it'll force the game to crash itself because it thinks you are a pirate. Yes, people actually couldn't play the game at launch because they forgot to include all sorts of Denuvo authentication shit in the initial release. No, there is no benefit to the paying customer to have Denuvo in the game.

Denuvo is bad enough that the only reason I didn't refund the game when they announced Denuvo at launch was that I was gifted the game.

8) The strategic map has been completely dumbed down. There are no public order bonuses or penalties. There are no different industries. There are less ways to impact tax rates than games like Rome 2, which was already silly with how they handled taxes. The only impacts you can have on taxes are disabling a province from paying taxes, or giving a commandment to a province you fully own that increases tax rate by 5% (5% of 100%, not an additive 5% onto 15% like Rome 2 did).

It's also worth mentioning that there are no reasons to deploy agents in your provinces. Agents all cost 250 gold per turn to upkeep in this game, and their strategic effects are weaker than ever. They are only worthwhile in combat. On that note, the AI refuses to use agents in combat, constantly sabotaging your armies with their agents, never having to spend money on their agent actions or agent upkeeps. The chances of killing agents on the field are lower than ever, meaning that there is no reason to risk a high level agent (level 10+) on an agent harassing your army, when they have just as equal of a chance to be instantly killed. In contrast, that same agent attached to your army can enter combat and single-handedly kill 2-3 entire units.

9) The best battles in the game are the heavily marketed quest battles, but you'll typically only play one or two of them per campaign, if you even spend time on them at all. There is no reason that they shouldn't have included some sort of system that let you choose tactics or something before a battle, adding bonus objectives, changing the deployments, or delaying units arrival to the battle.

tl;dr the entire game is shit.

This guy probably votes for Bernie too.

If they actually remembered to register that is

Few counter points from someone enjoying it:

1) The factions while limited play very differently giving the game much more replayability and also keeping the battles fresh as you encounter the different races at different stages of the game.

2)The limitations on occupying settlements imo made the game better. It focused on creating ties with those nations to create a buffer between you and enemy factions. It might be different for others whos fun comes from conquering the entire map but this made me much more focused on my campagin goals and actually made me care about alliances rather than thinking of them as "I'll conquer you last".

3) The units and calvalry behaviour is significantly better than rome 2 and attila and I would say on par with rome 1. The units don't fight 1 on 1 anymore and the calvalry has weight to it again.

4) Magic is a neat little addition.

It isn't prefect by any means and they did remove a few things from previous total war games but I havent had this much fun with a total war game since Rome 1.

Theres a mod for that

Really it is not a case of collectors being shit, it is a case of costing so much you can just waste it for a lot of better stuff.

Really user really?
I bet you are one of this niggas who have MLP magic the gathering deck.

Make sure to write your name in your book of grudges.

Jesus, I had to get back from work before anyone noticed, you're getting slow Holla Forums.

use some of your pony bucks to buy a better camera faggot.

They always double down, bet you think you're some hot shit

No I just felt like having a giggle since this thread wasn't going anywhere.

The game is really fun and I'm enjoying it a lot

your image says "up coming FREE dlc" btw, you might want to shop that out if you're using it for propaganda

Like clockwork.

ftfy

so the game is sort of ok then?

It has the same problems as any other Warscape game but they're less noticeable.

Same charging issue and blobbing. I don't see an issue with blobbing though. Isn't that what would happen in real life?

no issues with charging, you are being fed lies

Charges feel off in that the momentum of cav is too slow for the effect it has but it IS damaging. The problem of "never ever ever ever disengage your cav or they are fucking dead" still exists. Also nobody even tries fighting in formation. Looks dumb as heck.

just like your life

good news everyone

Multi-threading, GPU utilization and 64-bit soon.
and some dx12 shit nobody gives a fuck about

Anyone have the umbrella cockatoo screaming into a bottle cap or whatever it is?

That's old news. They haven't made any recent announcements about the optimization patch.

Turn times are incredibly fast now however.

I googled it, nevermind.

Maybe not with cavalry, have you tried charging with great weapon infantry? Only like 4 of them actually wing their fucking sword when reaching the unit they're attacking, the rest just kind of stop and engage.