I didn't ask for these feels

This boss nearly made the game worth it for me.
What'd you guys think? What was your favorite boss in the game?

i liked champion gundyr the best

The more time passes, the more dissapointed I am in the difficulty of the game. It was just too easy, I haven't beaten a Souls game this fast before.

I think the only boss I really, really enjoyed was Pontiff Sulyvan. Hectic with a crazy backdrop. Dark Gundyr was nice too.

Seconded, definitely the hardest fight in the game for me, those fucking kicks and shoves he does get me almost every time until I start to really adapt to the fight after a couple deaths.

I've killed him three times so far and every single time I've ended with 1 estus or less.

Tragic fight, especially because the second phase. The whole fight gave me Unlimited Blade Works vibes too.

All I want.
Is an arena similar to the boss room for Abyss Watchers.

Either teams or free-for-all, where for a period of time if you 'die' you simply fall to the ground. No estus (except ash for casters I guess). Just die, then while the time limit is up you rise back up. The more you die the longer it takes to get back up.

After time period, last man/team standing is the victor.

Why is this so much to ask for unending conquest?

Really?
The only thing about this game that was easy was really the boss fights. Everything else was either legitimately difficult or pure bullshit (mostly the latter) just because of how much ass the metagame sucks.

I don't know what metagame means, but personally I only had trouble with two bosses and one enemy in my entire run. Dancer took me upwards of 50 tries for some reason, and the knight enemy to get to Consumed King Garden guarding the elevator, for some reason, killed me about 50 times as well, not in succession but beat my ass.

Okay I changed my mind, the Abyss Watchers fight was my favorite since it was the first cinder fight.

Nameless, Sexmaster Sully, Champ and Red Knight were all pretty cool

Leapygoat

There weren't enough bosses and the areas felt small.

Teleporting bonfires was a mistake.

It's too easy is a cop out argument. Ofcourse after three souls games and bloodborne you are going to be atleast competent. The in my opinion the bosses in DaS3 were much harder aswell as more fun to fight than the ones in DaS1 and DaS2.

I meant metagame as in how most builds in the game either devolve into you being a support piece for summons/summoning, a chipper/pinger, or getting a weapon that you just spam light attack with because they completely fucked up Poise and made most magic/ranged nearly worthless.

That fight was stupid for a bunch of people because it has such a weird hitbox, which is a problem plenty of enemies have because From dicked about with models and the new engine and meshes too hard so we have all the characters looking like shit out of Tim Burton's weaboo fantasy phase. Go look at Black Knights and how bullshit their animations are. The only enemies that have properly fitted meshes are literally reskinned Bloodborne enemies (Lycanthropes, etc.)

I liked that fight too until I realized it was just Artorias/Sif with ads that happened to be more of the same until phase 2 where they become Gwyn
Like, the movesets are pulled straight up, all they really did was add the hook dagger for fucking with shields and the fire trails
Really took me out of it because after slogging through a zone filled with poorly-rehashed enemies like above, it felt like them just being lazy for what was supposed to be a major bossfight.

I would of enjoyed the game if it didn't run like ass the whole time. I got dips down to the 30s consistently on my fucking r9 390 and I still do. I is abysmal because I see no one else mentioning how bad the performance is in this game yet it runs so awful.

I'm on the same card and ran the game just fine so I have no idea what your problem is.

What's your cpu? Mines an i5 4690k.

i3, don't know specific model.

I figured that the game was unnecessarily cpu heavy but you having an i3 and the game running fine rules out that. I

A-user..?

I miss typed.

This.
For me, Champion Gundyr felt like the only that was challenging in a entirely fair way. Dragonslayer Armor could have been fantastic too if you didn't have those things shitting AIDS blood at you from off-screen.
Every other was either dull, gimmicky or had a bunch of anime bullshit going on (like Nameless and the Artorias fan club darting around the screen or Gwyn 2.0 going ULTRA COMBO FINISH!).

i have a 6870, sure, its not the best card for these times, but it ran 1 and 2 at 1080p60fps

and 3 isn't exactly a huge boost in graphics, specially when you set all things to low or off.

overall, the game is shit because thats what it performs like, shit, it forced me to use a trainer program for pontiff, all of dragon archpeak, and the castle of lothric by the end because it was SO bad that it was unplayable.

It seems I am one of the only ones, lucky ones who only had those pilgrim butterflies shoot at me twice the whole fight.

aids blood isn't even the worst of their attacks

they also shoop da whoop the bridge where you're fighting, if you're caught in the laser, it explodes and shoots you up the air, pretty much lets armor score a hit on you.

Yeah again I was lucky and they basically never did anything to me. It was just a straight up easy 1v1 with the armor except for like 2 times.Weird AI or something.

Dragonslayer Armor was the best just for it's recovery attacks and hit reactions, IMO. Great second phase theme too.

Lower settings, even if it doesn't make sense that you should.

Also love the second phase music on that fight. Shame the original version is so short but an extended one is out there.

This right here, the original Dark Souls world had to be really well connected because you can't teleport until far into the game.

Being able to teleport from the start just lets the devs be lazy about the world design, which ends up feeling like a succession of levels.

Gundyr was a great fight for how challenging he was.

Sulyvahn and the Dancer have a lot of spectacle, so they're definitely on my list.

But my personal favourite was the soul of cinder, like you put it. He really made the game for me and was about as great as end as the Dark Souls series could have. The piano motif from Gwyn's theme really caught me off guard.

Twin Princes was my favorite because the theme + voice acting made it almost perfect, it's only flaw was not being particularly hard

Deacons of the Deep was easy, but novel.

The soul of cinder is possibly my favorite thematic boss in the game. It's just very interesting to kind of see a representation of you in a game take on another the older representation you used to inhabit. Back when I first killed him and he pulled out Gwyn's sword it was a amazingly well done "And so were back here" moment.
Best boss though goes to Nameless king for being hype as fuck.
And worst boss is Lothric and Lorian. Teleporting shit.

Cinderella was great.

Nameless King for best boss in the game

Nameless was a cool fight, he just wasn't hard. The only reason he ever managed to kill me was because his dash attack would break the lock on, so he'd come from entirely offscreen.

Lock on was another huge issue in this game. Too short, too fucking flimsy. I'd lock onto an enemy and my casting animation would break it just because of how it slightly shifted my character and I'd end up blasting the ground instead.

they're forced to make their games that way now because of faggots like lobosjr sperging out and memorizing every collision detection of every attack in the game to the point that it trivializes everything