Demon's Souls thread

Should I try doing a Hands of God run? Has anyone tried one and had any fun?

You should try not being a shit eating soulsfag.

A reminder that if you wear heavy armor, you're playing the game wrong.

Nice ID name, sub slut.

are you my ddadddy?

Fist weapons in DeS are shit tier, so don't bother.

Also considering starting up another run on DeS. DaS 3 was great and all, but all it made me want to do until the DLC comes out is start another run of DeS.

The Hands of God are my favorite weapons in Demons Souls, every time I start up any souls game I gravitate towards the fist weapons unless they are ass.

They look awesome, the lore description is badass, and that running r1 attack is satisfying cause it will punch enemies so hard they fly across the screen. But unfortunately they are probably the worst weapons you could be using in Demon's Souls. The damage is really piss poor making them pretty much useless. The only decent fist weapon in Demon's Souls is probably the Dragon infused Iron Knuckles because they can stun lock enemies. Even then you could just be using a better Dragon infused weapon like the knights sword.

There has only ever been one Souls game that has done fist weapons right and that's Dark Souls 2. That games fist weapons could stunlock people into oblivion and actually did decent damage. And then they fucked fist weapons up again in Dark Souls 3.

Eugh, arrite, I'll drop it.

You know, I've always wanted to "lan party" a game in the Souls series. Mostly because I miss Beat Em Up co-op.

Is it a feasible thing to do? Just get like two or three PS3s, same number of displays and hook them all up somehow in the same room?

You can do LAN on 7th gen consoles?

the quotation marks meant that I'm asking if there's a possible equivalent to doing something like a LAN party.

if you want to do an "insert x weapon only run" then you should probably pick a good weapon that's actually useful. Check out embed related it takes him around 7 minuets to defeat flame lurker.

he's not a bad player either it just does low damage so almost every enemy is kind of a chore to deal with

Reminds me of "naked runs" of Symphony of the Night. Not fun at all.

Then no, not at all. Just summon some bros. It's not hard to summon specifically when the game is so dead.

Yeah.

Fuck it, I'll sucker a friend or two into playing Shadows of Mystara with me sometime.

Fist weapons are shit in:

DeS
DaS1
DaS3

Fist weapons are ok in:

DaS2

Fist weapons are god tier in:

BB

You can still summon players in DeS? I remember a time where they said they were gonna drop support for the DeS servers, making it so you could no longer utilize the online features, but then kept them going beyond their initial shutdown date due to fans asking to keep them going. I would've thought by now they would stop supporting it, especially with the other installments and more people playing them. DeS confirmed best one for still kicking even to this day?

The Demon Souls servers are still up, but I only checked about a month ago. I definitely think it is the best one myself considering you can complete the worlds in any order, and the Black eye stone is easily attainable compared to the red eye orb. I still play DaS sometimes to

If you want PVP and co-op in DeS, keep up with the schedule of when Woolie from TBFP is playing it on stream.
Like it or not, when they're playing it on stream the entire DeS community resurrects because they want to co-op with him and fuck him up.
However keep in mind this is only happening in NA, if i'm not mistaken DeS has separate servers for NA, JP and EU.

Who the hell is Woolie? Just another DSP, I do love trolling people in DeS invasions though

A member of Two Best Friends Play, a decently big let's play channel.

They're streaming DeS and he's playing it blind for the first time (he's played DaS2 and BB first and they're currently playing DaS3).

So every time they stream the community becomes active again, especially around the area and SL they're playing in.

Long story short, it's rekindling the DeS community activity a little bit, at least until they're done with this.

Which weapon is the more funny to do a run?

What is his soul level? I am only 30 and hover around that point

Doing my first run of Demon's Souls now at the moment. This shit is fucking great. It feels a little more game-y than Dark Souls did, but holy fuck is the level design quality. The first levels of Boletaria, Latria, and Shrine of Storms are as intricate as anything in DaS, and are probably even be better than the Painted World. Also the Maiden in Black is prime waifu material. I'm having a blast.

Is there any feasible way to get through Stonefang without a pierce weapon or magic though? I got through the Armor Spider fine, but the acid worms and molten rolypolys are taking shit for damage. The toadmen are starting to frustrate me too with how long to take down. I'm playing as a manly axe-wielding lumberjack type, I don't want to have to pick up some faggy point-stick or flout around casting spells like a pansy just to deal with a couple axe-resistant enemies.

A good idea would be to get a weapon enchanted with magic, there is a falchion I believe in SoS that is already enchanted. It's a great early weapon game, and upgraded is great for any bosses that are weak to it. Like the flamelurker for example, also when you get to the final fog door in the tower of latria, wait until a cutscene is triggered. Don't enter it until then. Trust me you will love it