No 40k

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Imperial_Guard_Regiment_Creation_Tables
youtube.com/watch?v=MERJhTprNpw
theallguardsmenparty.com/index.html
mediafire.com/download/aiw96qlmhwwtq85/Deffwotch Collected Visions (Super Ethical Warp Climax Edition).rar
twitter.com/DawnOfWar/following
mirandairene.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What is point of this thread?

To start this thread off:
ITT: we roll up an Imperial guard Army.
You roll, since 8V doesn't have a dice system implemented, like any other sane board does, we will have to make due with the post numbers.
Not much besides checking the table and reading out the results.
The creation table can be found here:
1d4chan.org/wiki/Imperial_Guard_Regiment_Creation_Tables
We create a regiment and can make up lore for them. This is basic worldbuilding, and maybe we can inspire some write/drawfags to come up with something. We used to do this a lot on 4/tg/, but that place has gone the way of the politically correct Dodo.

First up: Roll 1d10 for Regiment classification!

Gonna dump some 40k pics in the mean time, literally have 196 MB of them.

Nothing is happening, you stupid fuck. That's just a whitty 404 page.

Video games

Well I heard about new Space Wolfs novel, so you might not be getting end times, but you already got end times level of lore.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRT

40k is a collection of shit from more than 20 years. You can try to go with canon as much as you want, every detail you mention will break some canon.
Even if they fuck up 40k, we will still have the God Emperor meme, and all the other stuff that was created ages ago. It would be like a games company creating a nice game series you follow for years, but it takes a turn you don't like, so you make your own shit instead.

GREATER GOOD
R
E
A
T
E
R

G
O
O
D

You should go killyourself Desu-Fampai.

So the best part of 40k for past 20 years were fanfics and image board threads.
Doesn't it make 40k touhou?

Some of the official shit is good. Don't buy into the game now though, it has turned into utter shit. Used to be quite nice in the early days, but prices have gone up so much, that it is a massive money sink (a proper army can cost more than a good PC), while the rules have gotten worse and worse.
Seriously, there is some amazing fanfics out there, and even a lot of the official shit is good. Read Eisenhorn or whatever it is called. Some of the best shit out there.

Well, I fucked that one up.

Nobody gonna roll?

memehammer is worse than undertale

In other news: OP is a faggot. More after the weather.

Daily reminder that the faggot that does the imperial propaganda thing is a yuge antigg SJW, you can check out xir tumblr to see it for yourself.

I'll upload some of mine because I'm a shill

It feels like I heard it somewhere before.

Really the best Warhammer experience right now is out of vidya.

Totalwar Warhammer, while hated by everybody actually isn't shit.
A mod for medieval II is getting finished.
Warsword is getting update.
Gothic Armada and Eternal Crusade are getting here.
If you ever wanted Warhammer L4D or european crisis simulator there is Vermintide.
And on top of it all DoW3 was announced.

Really is is the worst time for tabletop but at the same one of the better ones for WH vidya.

There is no 40K news to discuss
There is no Fantasy news to discuss
This thread only serves to shill the property

The reason there is no dice system is because this thread belongs in tg not v no matter how much Games Workshop wants the tabletop to die.

Only sadness

We Sigmar now!

Neat, what Font are you using? Used to make some myself.

Nigger, this is a 40k thread. Take your Warhammer Fantasy and leave it at the door.
I have "hope" for DoW III. Loved I to death, and still play it on occasion. Need to get soulstorm again to play UA some time.

Guess you are right, but I already started dumping.

Hey man, what's up?
youtube.com/watch?v=MERJhTprNpw
Also Battlefleet Gothic and that shitty DoW3.

I really want Deathwing to be more claustrophobic. Tighter corridors, less open spaces.

Caslon Antique, my negroid

So what are the good 40k vidya?

Dawn of War
Spess Hulk
Eternal Crusade(debatable)
What else? deathwing's the only thing looking half decent. Gothic Armada or Vermintide any good?

i like it, nice work faggit

Huh. I literally use the same font. Guess it is the most appropriate.

Space Marine is pretty neat. The Multipalyer is dead though. Stay the fuck away from Eternal Crusade until release though. Their development is VERY unstable, and they have broken multiple promises so far (Open world etc.)
Vermintide is not 40k. Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer40k are both "siblings" so to speak, but they are not the same setting. Games workshop first made Warhammer Fantasy, and then Warhammer 40k. At first they planned to make 40k the "futuristic" version of Warhammer Fantasy, but they dropped that plan and now 40k is on it's own.

Yeah I played a bit of Eternal Crusade to tet it out before refunding, it's cool but I'm not too thrilled about early access so I'm not giving a shit about it until it's out.

Sorry, I'm not too knowledgeable on the franchise because I've never heard of it until a few years ago.

So how are Vermintide and Gothic Armada?

YOU THINK I AM DONE?!
WRONG!

whats wrong with you

Thanks mang

Didn't even look through the thread, but I'm sure some executions are in order.

naw its all chill m8

Gothic Armada is widely believed to be "quite good". I personally can recommend it on sale or pirated. It's neat, and the different factions really play like different fucking factions Campaign is nice too.
Havn't played it in a bit, and never touched multiplayer, so no clue about that.
Vermintide is a grindfest. Fuck that shit.

I don't hate varied environments. I hate the fact that they are making the space hulk look like a bunch of really large open roomes clobbed together, while it is supposed to be this extremely tight space, where Terminators, the toughest of the toughest Space Marines clad in armor made to withstand a direct blast of bunker blasting bombs, go to die en masse.
They can still make the maps look varied, they should just make sure to keep the proper "you have no advantages here" feel.

That's pretty much every 40k thread/regiment.

you do know that posting heretic pictures is heresy, don't you

I got an entire folder of them.
Hail Tzeench

Get with the times grandpa

m'year
*tips wife's son*

Look into the heresy detector and wait for a flash.

I AM NOT DONE YET

now thats heresy

I-I should stop now.

Let's do the rolling with post numbers.

0 is ten, go.

We're PDF!

Nah mate. These threads really do belong on /tg/.
Imma start saging now. My autsims shouldn't keep this thread alive longer than it needs to.
You can just look through the tables yourself and make your own regiment if you really want to.

Post cute xenos

STILL NOT DONE YET

that second pic is great, i've literally never seen an iron halo active in artwork befire

I want to agree, the voice acting and cutscenes were nice.

Every mission outside 3 boss fights however were just the same skirmishes over and over. The defense of the systems never really felt all that important out side of shooing enemies off key worlds and only in the early mid game did I feel any tension as more attacks were happening than I had deployments to deal with. The end game was a snore fest and I was fighting off 1 or 2 attacks while 2 extra deployments sat around unused.

Also games of this type a decade ago would have come packaged with a campaign for each of the playable races. I'd have loved to have an eldar campaign that focused on distracting the other factions away from your important worlds or an ork campaign based on accumulating loot to get da biggest baddest ship in the sector.

Your people hate themselves

I always imagined that female space marines would look kind of like that.

DO YOU REALLY BELIEVE I AM DONE?
Well, I kind of am.
Have my 40k webums.

is shooting them a crime?
what about holding hands?

You can even fuck them if you want to,
as long as you only fuck the holes you shot into them yourself.

Now I can finally go to sleep.
Sorry.

You did great.
I am thankful.

Thanks user

Do people still play multiplayer or Last Stand in DoW: Retribution?

Ok, i just know that shit is heretical.

If you want to catch up on story tiem from /tg/ the All guardsman party
theallguardsmenparty.com/index.html

and Deffwotch

mediafire.com/download/aiw96qlmhwwtq85/Deffwotch Collected Visions (Super Ethical Warp Climax Edition).rar

Are must reads.

It's literally SEVERAL BOOKS WORTH of adventures…
Each.

In chan posts…

In case you've ever doubted which board is the most autistic.

This.
/tg/ gets shit done, or they used to. Half /tg/ is not what it once was, and full /tg/ is not nearly active enough.

twitter.com/DawnOfWar/following

someone help me find their twitters, lets find out if they're anygood or not

So is the a good site to pick up shit for my PreHH Emperor's Children? mirandairene.com/

*this*