Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/mods/warhammer-total-war
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=693495451,
moddb.com/mods/call-of-warhammer-beginning-of-the-end-times/downloads
defuse.ca/flush-reload-side-channel.htm
eprint.iacr.org/2013/448.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You mean Total WaWa Hammer (TM)?
That's my favourite game user! You should buy a copy for all your friends deprived of the experience!

I bet it makes their marketers really mad that we keep recommending it. How long until they start bombarding anyone who posts it with made up bullshit?

So i have to wait a week? A month? I can wait.
Can you?

Try decade

No one wants to play the new Warhammer game.

It has half the sales of Attila (800,000k), which has far less sales than Rome II (2,200,000k).

CA is dead, shill.

Lol nobody fucking likes or plays warhammer fantasy it's basically 40ks retarded older brother.

We should also laugh at people who bought the game and can't play it anyway, as it's fucking broken

It was patched the next day
Nice try 3DM

CA can't even test their game before releasing it?

Trash
Double trash

Check them.

Prove it.

So is denuvo still a sign that the game is worthless?

Shill.

With or without denuvo the game is worthless.

This is hopefully the last nail in the coffin for CA

All that effort to make it blatantly fake so early on.

Who the fuck designed these cards? I'm having a metaphorical aneurysm just looking at this image.

It's a very obvious fake. I suspect that this works completely different.

Never ever do they EMPLOY people to shitpost. Shilling on an imageboard is probably done with "mini contracts", like MechanicalTurk or similar.

If they did, there are simple ways to just completely disable all images in the browser, wouldn't detract from the task at hand either.

The user who wrote it heard lingo like this in other customer-faced marketing. Communication inside of a company doesn't sound like this.

The game is a fun twist on total war gameplay. Would be a terrific game if it had more races but each race has its gimmick and style that makes them fun which is better than 50 races that all play the same. Commanders are also a lot of fun when you have one who carries a siege on his shoulders or having Karl Franz ram into a giant on his gryphon killing it from half health. It has flaws but it was worth the money I payed.

Those saying that the medieval 2 mod is better have obviously not played it, the main problem with it being that it's so imbalanced that it stops being fun after a few matches. The campaign is also horrible for most races.

actually it was patched the same day and the bug was that it would take 10 minutes for the game to start in online mode not that it couldn't start at all. not that any nostalgiafag on Holla Forums would care. This isn't fallout 4 or the latest game with SJW dev's to make 300 posts about how much you hate them and how we're making a difference

No it isnt

I prefer to laugh with my fellow pirates, as we don't have to see that turd on the torrent lists.

ToTal War games are all the same and peaked at Rome

I have M2TW, but have never played the warhammer mod. I should probably reinstall it and try it out. Then pirate CA's shit game and see how much worse the legitimate one is

I didn't pirate it and it's much better than Holla Forums thinks but OP is a fucking faggot

So apparently the grave guards do extra damage to human sized enemies but after a battle with the empire i always end up with less than half the grave guards i started with what's up with that?

Your skill matches your shit game

attack != defence. they still have the health of your dying grandma. walk around with stacks of skeletons and zombies, win with pure numbers

The game broke Attila's lifetime sales after a few days.

I'm not happy about the game but it's selling really well.

You'll to have to put in a bit more effort than that.

It is sad really, I bet a lot of these people thought they would be lead video game designers. And yet here they are being paid pennies to advertise a product their publisher knows nobody wants on the internet. Not even a commercial, billboard, or movie advertisement. Just posting on Holla Forums… it's depressing, glad I am not them

I always reasoned that instead of having more zombies i could just have another grave guard take the zombies place. I'll take your advice and start taking at least two units of zombies to tank the ranged units.
Also how big are orcs? Grave guards are supposed to do more damage to anything smaller than cavalry but the "ORC BIG UNS" don't seem human sized and they do damage to big things.

The games not that bad. When the crack comes out give it a pirate, It's not game of the year but if you like warhammer universe you'll enjoy this.

So, buyfags, is it better than pic related?

It's 20 years since denuvo was created and still the only games using it are shit.

Mark of chaos has better graphics, that's for sure. Terrain detail isn't even comparable. Total Warhammer's areas look like they are from medieval 2.

replace your skeletons. grave guards are attackers while zombies make good chaff

for one it's one more race than mark of chaos and actually has a campaign meta game to string battles together rather than just a linear campaign with a few battles and then skirmish mode. if you want more of a tabletop simulator i would say go for mark of chaos

its not hard when you only have to make one texture

I've only played a few hours, but I'd say wait. all your units just seem to smush together and stand around doing nothing if you don't micro manage each attack.
I liked how in rome and M2 in the early game you often had to fight with partial stacks, so you had to make a decision over whether to have 1 large army or 2 smaller ones. I think I had a full stack on turn 3 in this, so it didn't feel as significant

Of course, because piracy actually helps really good games by increasing positive word of mouth better than the best shills/marketers could ever hope to do.

On the other hand, being able to try before you buy absolutely devastates sales for bad games, because not only will people just not buy it once they try it and find out it's shit, but they'll tell everyone else how shit it is. This is the reason why demos went from being a given to an extreme rarity, and this is why publishers are willing to spend a fuckpile of money licensing Denuvo for shitty games, because that negative word of mouth is fucking deadly, and committed buyers tend to suffer from post-purchase rationalization and will speak positively of it.

And yet there's a simple thing that would solve all this, so everything would work out, and no one would even have to commit crimes:

Put out a fucking demo

Something just occurred to me, do you guys think that CA will try and kill the warhammer mod for M2TW? I wouldn't put it past them

its more likely GW would since that's what they did to chapter master

But it wouldn't work out, because demos of bad games do nothing but generate negative word of mouth.

I need to download it soon then in the event that I need to re-upload it somewhere else for anons

Denuvo is the result of the years of pirating and not paying for games.
And btw Denuvo is great because it protects their content from dirty pirates like most people on Holla Forums

Two words: Steam Refund
Just refund the game if you didnt like it

Warscape does it again!

Weak bait, try harder

I SAID TRY HARDER

So is this a genuine shill or just some random faggot

By the way he types it sounds more like some 15-year-old who learned what DRM is two days ago.

I saw this game on the top sellers list that has no denuvo. Might be good, you heard of this youtubers life?:^)

No man, I'm laughing at you.

get

What is even the point of having anything but spearmen then? They were already the bread and butter of an army, now there is no reason to make anything else

moddb.com/mods/warhammer-total-war
Thats the very nice warhammer mod for total war Rome

Also i vote we instead of talking about CA's jewry we talk about better things, like this mod.
lizardmen a best

If Steam refunds becomes a big deal, then developers will simply make a good first two hours of a game or have it take a long time to "really get going" so you can't judge the first two hours ;^).

ITT: We laugh at shills and faggot with buyer remorse trying to justify their waste of money into shit games.

Implying devs are even willing or able to make a good two hours of a game. It would take talent, and effort

thats pretty much what happened to demos. in fact a lot of them would have a specially crafted demo only level and the real game would be completely different

It actually doesn't have any problems.

Actually most of people are enjoying it.

ITT: We laugh at people who are interested in the new Warhammer game

I'm leaning more that this is

ITT: we check my dubs

Apply yourself.

Isn't that logical? One of the first thing i heard about total war awhile ago is that it can get
overwhelming with the amount of stuff going onscreen.

You choose orcs didn't you? I'm on turn 326 with the vampire counts and i can only have 2 stacks and maybe a lower quality 3rd stack, meanwhile the orcs can shit out stacks every few turns.

All TW games are shit except for Shogun 2 and Medieval 2, user.

ITT: We laugh at faggots who bought the new warhammer game

Lets discuss our favorite mods for the previous TW games so OP's shitty shill thread can be permanently derailed. I only modded for M2TW myself, but there were some pretty good mods for it. I tried out Hyrule, and the Third Age total war. Never got around to trying stainless steel though, I heard it was good to

first thing i did with vampires is shit out 2 stacks. the units have low upkeep. only way you can't shit out stacks is if you're a money hoarding jew who tries to keep income above 2K

kek, so funny how these retards

don't even get everything that is wrong with the warscape engine shown clearly in that webm

there is a new warhammer?
I still have to learn how to play dawn of war II

You caught me red handed. My income is at 3411 every turn

Warhammer games suddenly got extremely popular after THQ died for some reason.

Warhammer is a
TOTAL RIPOFF
of Warcraft.

When I saw that 40k copied terran space marines I was fucking
LIVID

That's it? As the Mayans I would have 5-10k, and at least 4k profits. Whenever someone would declare war on me I would just spam units till everything was dead with my 40k+ warchest

ayyyy

Actually, it was a near perfect launch. I'd say even better than Atilla. The only issue was how the game would hang during the multiplayer tab, and even that was fixed 1 - 2 hours later after launch.

The major issue was the HUE fags who had literally shit computers and had to wait for the one time preload which took a long time, they thought the game was frozen because HUEs are literally the most impatients trashbags of this planet and downvoting the game, and the AMD shitters who experienced occasional freeze moments, and even that was fixed in a matter of hours.

And even despite this little tiny issue, they apologized and changed the DLC from preorder to a week purchase, and started handing out free keys to some people who preodered and had some issues with the game. CA has been handling pretty fair and non-jew like.

Linux has no Denuvo. This is getting a Linux version.

Ergo, I'm gonna wait for the Linux version and play that.

O HOW GENEROUS OUR LORDS AT CREATIVE ASSEMBLY ARE, PRAISE BE TO THEM ETERNAL

Hahahahaha

I don't see the problem with it.

You aren't fooled into the pre-order. Now you can wait a week and see what others think of the game to see whether or not you want to purchase it and still get Chaos for fucking free. What are you sperging about?

Please continue, it amuses me

well, it's not like day one or preorder dlc aren't fucking cancer that should not exist in the first place, this content should be in game for free on release like it always was until dlc and microtransactions appeared in games, and now they're pretending to be good guys since they're allowing you to get it for free for a slightly longer time

RTW also had good mods. Stainless steel was fun, but I wasted too much time in broken crescent to get into stainless steel.

Harpy a shit
A SHIT

Where does the last fart sound at the very end come from?

would you prefer the blizzard route of here's a few extra RTS units, pay price of original game plsfuck you brood war for having the better map editor for custom games

I'll pump your rump if you keep it up with that attitude, mate.

Hahahahaha

No

bird girls are trash

it wasn't over budget. game with 4 races made in a certain time frame was pitched to sega, sega funded it and game was priced accordingly. pitch dlc plan to sega, sega funds an extra team to make dlc. dlc is priced accordingly and set to be a pre-order bonus to drive some extra sales. Cue butthurt Holla Forumsirgins complaining that it should have been in from the start and a game with less variety and less races is better or that a mod made for free is better not thinking that said modder would have loved to have made money off the mod or is using it in a portfolio to eventually join a place where he can make money doing what he enjoys.

Your taste is as weak and hollow as your filthy feathered waifus skeleton.

I bet you're a filthy hellhoundfag

>Holla Forums actually having good taste

Nevermind.

Lets see how superior your mods will look after 2 expansions when you basically have 3 continents put together into a puzzle piece and where all fantasy factions are playable.

I am Holla Forums now
also hellhounds are the worst memewaifus

I fukkin warned ya

So CA wasn't overbudget, but decided to rip content out of their game to drive up sales?

high-speed trucks are the #1 reason for deaths in anime and manga

But charge actually works in Warhammer.

A game is as bad at it's DRM

as far as I can tell from the butt hurt on Holla Forums denuvo is pretty good ;^)

fuck and I just recently watched monster musume. Now I got lewd harpy on my mind.

it's not even worth the time to pirate xD

Go back to reddit, autist.

YEAH!

yeah…

Well, if they improved at least a bit on Attila and everything else works…

Into the trash it goes

What do you mean yeah…, fantasy has always been superior to 40k.

:^)

well, it already exist so not acknowledging it doesn't change anything

It is like you would judge DMC4 by the newest one.

I see no Sigmarines, I see Karl Franz on a gay ass phoenix/eagle-thing, sure but warhammer fantasy is still great.

Even in death.

From a lorefag standpoint it is. The actual boardgame had floundered for years.

ITT: WE LAUGH AT PEOPLE WHO STILL PLAY VIDEOGAMES

No it doesn't, at least not with a lot of units. I've been watching a fair few gameplay videos to find out just how bad this is and there are plenty of units which either have completely weightless charges or which stop just as the charge is about to impact, like in that Rome 2 webm. Trolls and other large models are particularly noticeable culprits.

Well ok I am won't say I have seen everything.

But I just fought battle and Black Knights kinda nicely smashed through my Longbeards.

I've noticed that infantry units have issues with charging but lance cavalry kick my ass with their charge.
WHY DOESN'T VAMPIRE COUNTS HAVE MIDTIER SPEARMEN
I get shitty spearmen or go broke getting a bunch of undead dragons

it's actually a fun game. It's fairly simple and fun to play.

All these piss poor faggots talking about sour grapes

Yeah I must say if I were to say one big problem with new TotalWar, besides chaos marks not being here.

It is the fact it is far too simple. Campaign feel like set up for more battles more than actual strategy.

I was talking about Youtubers Life

It only tells something about where games are heading in terms of challenge.

why would you want to play it if it's not 40k?

some people play more than 40k

Becausewarhammer fantasy is awesome

man, that game was so good that the devs themselves shat on the whole lore, buried the franchise and attempted to reboot it with more space marines in it

I'd consider buying the game if it weren't for that damn denuvo and the mechanical problems that come with the engine. From what I've seen the charge system is still broken, and the spell system is a bit fucked up. I've also heard about some units only doing 1 vs 1 fighting but I haven't seen that in gameplay videos. I wish the items you give your general actually changed how they look. It also doesn't have some of my favorite races in there. The Chaos warriors race should have been in there from the start for everyone, and even though they let people have for free a week away from launch it's still pretty scummy.

Games Workshop is run by a bunch of greedy retards trying to appeal to the casual meme market.

you mean ITT: we laugh at retards that bought shit games that use Denuvo, OP?

Tell me when something I actually want to play can't be pirated

Fantasy was the canary in the coal mine m8
40k is next

Whats wrong with denuvo?

Even retards understand its necessity to games.

Okay. See you 2 years and $120 dollars from now.

I'll check out the game if they ever add my favorite faction, I'm not going to bother wasting my time or money with this shit otherwise

No Lizards no buy

what's the matter? don't like FUN?

Enjoy paying for the next dozen lazy reskin DLCs.

On small-medium size units spells one hit kill units and heroes

Styx what are you doing?

Personally, fantasy is pretty cool, and total war attila was nice.

I think i might buy this game, it looks alright.

user… Tomb Kings have been squatted ever since Shitmar came out

Not buying this

There will be another DLC wave mark my words, CA-whores

Hey guys, I got an idea. Maybe instead of buying Total War: Warhammer, you can refund your copies and buy this cool new indie title called Fallout 4. It has all the fun of a Warhammer game but in the 3D realm as well. You can also buy the new DLC for that cool game, Far Habour, for $24.99, WOW! what a steal! Or you can buy the Season Pass for $49.99 and get not only Fallout 4 Far Harbour, but all the DLC that comes out as well. You don't want to miss it my fellow anons.

no shit

Those who purchase anything from CA in the coming years from CA without CA redeeming themselves are the epitome of the word cuckold

I buy the humble bundles.

I suggest you stop buying from CA, but it is your money and I forgive you for contributing to SEGA's whorish control over CA.

Man Games Workshop isn't even good at being hooknosed kikes

nah.. both Relic and CA would be shit without sega

Im just waiting for the DLC bundle fam.

I'm guessing there's a moddb? Do you need any DLC?

You know that if you start the game in offline mode it doesn't tick the 2H clock?

No you don't because you are just a shitposter fag

The game isn't fun though. Almost everything in the strategic view is worse than games like Shogun 2 and Rome 2, and that's fucking saying something. In fact, the game is barely even playable without mods.

You have to get a home province movement speed bonus mod to help you counter the omniescent stacks of units that fast travel through your land and know where all of your hidden armies are and how strong they are at all times.

You have to get a mod that actually adds units to the factions you want to play if you want to avoid spamming one or two units near the end of the game. I just wish someone would start ripping models from Call of Warhammer and adding daemons and shit to this game. Nobody would notice it came from a Medieval 2 mod, because the unit quality for everything on Chaos or Vampires already looks like it came from a Medieval 2 mod.

You have to run a mod that lets you capture any territory and the mod that splits up legendary lords across multiple factions, otherwise co-op campaigns are actually unplayable.

There are no mods that make the AI immune to diplomatic penalties, or that remove their massive public order bonus that scales to make sure nothing you do can cause them to have a rebellion. Why does the game even show you how much sacking a town will add to provincial instability if the AI doesn't even get instability? What the fuck is the purpose of Chaos corruption if the AI is immune to the public order penalty, considering it doesn't regenerate your units like Vampiric corruption?

There are no mods to get the performance loss back from Denuvo

I didn't realize Bethesda was making Total War games now.

Or you could use agents like Banshee's, Goblin Big Boss's and the like who can gimp enemy armies movement.
Its annoying that enemy armies will always sit just barely outside where you can reach, but you CAN catch and kill them. It just takes work when the AI doesn't make idiotic moves like approaching you with small armies that have no hope against you in battle.

They don't have that on any of the difficulties I've played on. I've started rebellions before, but the AI usually takes measures against it with agents and garrisoning armies in the region, so you need to overcome that with agents.
The real problem with this approach though, is that rebellions are so piss easy to deal with, they are essentially no threat.

The solution to both of these problems amounts to "Get Gud".
A more annoying problem for me has been the way the economy is balanced, insuring that beyond the early campaign, you never get anywhere near enough cash to raise the number of armies you need. When you'll be lucky to get 1000 gold per region in taxes and need 4000-5000 for upkeep alone for late game armies. There's mods for that, but the way its balanced reeks of devs never bothering to play past the first 100 turns in any campaign.

That's factually incorrect. There are mods out there that actually remove that. If you haven't noticed it, you missed it entirely.

See: the multiple mods like steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=693495451, which I found shortly after writing that post.

It's not guesswork, and there is nothing to discuss about it. There are actually table entries in the game data for the AI's infinite public order, their free resistance to attrition, their increased rate of replenishment, their free money per turn, etc. It's not even new to this game, because it's been in a lot of Total War games.

So if you didn't realize any of this exists, it's not because it's not there, but it's because you haven't actually explored the game, or haven't played on a difficulty above easy, which is where the AI cheats. Unfortunately, the AI actually changes for the better at higher difficulties, so you have to endure cheating to have an actual attempt at fun.

I said this in the post you quoted, and you said it yourself - the AI knows how far you can move. They know exactly where to sit to be safe, even if you are hidden.

If your agents sabotage an AI, you are either wasting your precious small hero cap on frivolous heroes that sit around in unhelpful locations, or you are detaching high level heroes from your armies to chase enemy armies around, removing a unit that often kills groups of enemies alone. Considering that three heroes can carry an army by themselves, using heroes for anything else dramatically slows the game down.

The right solution is to build gatehouses in all of your settlements, because the AI will have to siege, if they brought a force large enough to attempt the fight. It guarantees that all of your provinces are safe places to put your armies when tattered, and it completely stops enemies from taking any of your land. Ignore public order buildings and build gatehouses, because it even makes your settlements immune to rebels, because they'll never take that shit.

I'll also pretend that you didn't imply there is any semblance of difficulty in this game, because it's trivial to complete a legendary campaign in just under 200 turns. The AI is incapable of putting up any resistance, even with their cheats, and resort to anti-fun Dawn of War 2-tier tactics that cause you to waste time instead of actually play the game.

You're mistaking the game being boring with the game being hard, and I don't understand how, because the whole point I was making is that the game isn't fun.

When your enemies aren't playing by the same rules you are, the world is just a big blank senseless mess where nothing you do makes sense, and strategy doesn't exist. Entire plots can come to a screeching halt when you find out that the rules you were taught by the game only apply to you, and you have no way to tell when the game is being consistent or not.

The game throws so much money at you so early on that it's trivial to have multiple stacks within the first 20 turns. Maybe you should try sacking a single provincial capital, which will yield over 10k, more than enough to assemble multiple stacks.

If you're not willing to sack a city (which does nothing but reduce the main building by 1 tier and damage all of the buildings) then just sack the provincial capitals of lands you can't capture. It only takes a few turns for the capital to provide the full amount of wealth for sacking, so you can easily just find a location to farm a few cities over and over, since the wealth you get isn't dependent on the buildings in the settlement, but is just a vague free amount of wealth you can harvest every few turns.

The only way to not have money is to sit in your own lands and continuously pay upkeeps for armies you aren't using. That's unless you're Dwarves or Vampire Counts, because their starting regions are designed to print money. Vampire Counts can have 4 stacks of grave guards, skeletons, and bats in just a few dozen turns on their incomes alone.

I'v not used spells that much lad but I can say that the units in game do not fight one on one anymore.

Fantasy is for vanilla baby fuck normalfags, doesn't matter if you slap the GW stamp of kikery on it.

They can go old school and play this instead.

I've already played over 80 hours. Sure somethings aren't perfect but people crying about charges not working are just lying, they work fantasticly. You can literally knock over an entire unit if the conditions are right.
The game is only going to get better as they add more shit to it as well.
There's tons of mods out as well to fix little things you might not like.
Holla Forums is just mad because HOW DARE PEOPLE LIKE THINGS THAT I ASSUME ARE SHIT :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

0/10
Put some actual effort into it next time

piracy is dying. they wont be missed

Enjoy DLC ridden fantasyshit, goy.

fuck off

>>>/gaschamber/

Then you're a humblecuck.

I don't understand. Isn't DRM bad? Is this a neo-Holla Forums thread?

How can people even ironically act like they're proud for paying to be fed shit?

Then why do AI armies keep suffering attrition when walking around on my vampire lands, I keep starting rebellions in neighbours and so on? I see AI rebellions all the fucking time you retard.

Alternatetly, I suppose these fucking ork rebels plaguing my dwarf neighbours are a figment of my bloody imagination, since the dwarves being an AI faction are incapable of having low public order let alone get rebellions. Right?

As such, maybe that kind of resistance to rebellions and such cheating on the AI's behalf in your games is merely a result of game difficulty, and if you don't want the AI to be a cheating bastard, simply don't play on legendary difficulty, since that kind of shit, is what the high difficulties are for.

Here's the page, user
moddb.com/mods/call-of-warhammer-beginning-of-the-end-times/downloads

I think you need Kingdoms to play, but TPB is your friend.

battlefleet wouldn't even go past the splash screen for me. only game i've bought and refunded shortly after

sounds about right

Also I saw on the 3DM site that they made the crack for TWWH, but it's all in fucking chinese and the files are all installers (not just regular crack files) so we're all waiting on a translation.

Indeed, DRM is bad and piracy is good, that's why the consoles get just crumbs while the PC gets the best of the industry. Oh wait…
It does it really does! Companies fight piracy just because they hate money!

Some of these have neat and OP effects, but fuck me, I lost it there.

Inb4 Wizards of the Coast has a set guest-designed by redditors, YouTubers, and NeoGAF/Tumblr.

People are just really, really upset they paid full price for the game so now they're just trying real hard to justify it. Think of it like those people in the shitty laughtrack comedies who break the chair they're sitting in, then pretend they're comfortable while sprawled out across the floor.

god forbid someone legitimately enjoys something they buy

I bought TW:W and while its actually fun, and not as much of a pile of shit as people claim, I would not recommend buying it until it goes on sale. Currently Its only worth 30$(ish)

defuse.ca/flush-reload-side-channel.htm

oh no my computer! what will I ever do being this stupid clicking obvious malware links posted by edgelords

Are you stupid or is English your second language? Your answer will inform my response, if there is any at all.

:^)

Bought my key from a Chinese guy on Ebay for fiddy Canuck dollars and saved myself 30 bucks. At that price, the game's worth it.

eprint.iacr.org/2013/448.pdf

If you have access to the hardware, the keys can be extracted in high resolution real time. A group has claimed to have already broken the encryption for Just Cause 3, likely using this technique. My interest is not in the game or controversy, but in the compsci illiteracy ITT.

so just crack the game then bro

In terms of pathing and AI it's the best total war so far, plus flying and giant units which makes for amazing mods sure to come. Keep in mind world war mods will soon be a thing, but it's a good game it's kinda fucking gay on Total war to only have 5 fucking factions, but kikes and state of video games these days, at least total war has 10 sales each year on their stuff

So what is exactly wrong with Denuvo? Except for it being DRM of course. I mean the whole rumor that it destroys SDDs turned out to be bullshit, so why are we supposed to hate it even more than usual DRM?

Performance hits, it regularly pings its servers and a lot of us just plain hate DRM and the massive fuck you it is to every paying customer, on shear principle.

(checked)

I don't believe it was bullshit.

Why is another reason needed?

Denuvo affects performance at all?
But I got like a solid 120fps almost everywhere in DOOD 4 on a mix of ultra/high, everything loads very quickly and MP works just as fine as any other MP game.

Is it just a meme or am I missing something?

Crypto crap based on your CPU apparently. We porbably won't see denuvo REALLY shit the bed until some new hardware starts coming out. One thing you can already blame it for though are those retail discs that only come with a Steam installer like MGSV.