Game design

What's the best game designer commentator out there, Holla Forums?

Did any of you read any good books on level design and gameplay?
Would you say you're talented and good as a designer?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/ExtraCreditz
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I am

The guy has some good videos but also praises direction of games like Her Story, The Witness, and other shit games. His commentary is more of a mixed bag.

Nobody, people who do game design commentary are usually not as qualified as people who want to play games rather than talk about them. The name of someone I like in particular escapes me, but he made a very good video about why Dark Souls 2 was shit.

If you have any critical thinking skills yourself, you don't need those.

Better than the average ideas guy anyways.

Extra Credits is pretty great: youtube.com/user/ExtraCreditz

Matthew Matosis?

That's the one.

Eat a dick.

Fuck off fag

You've pretty much already found the premiere guy for that

There's this amazing content creator called Darksydephil. You should totally check him out, he is so great.

Hello, rato

Most art books for Japanese games go into a lot of detail about how the art was designed, at least. Okami, Silent Hill, and the Shadow of Colossus ones are pretty good.

No. They're not.

It's called common sense. If you need someone to tell you how to make a game fun then you're not cut out to be designing video games. If you've only played a handful of games then you should know what to do, what works and what doesn't. "game design" is just a scam to suck as much money as possible out of idiots as humanly possible. It's on par with gender studies and liberal arts.

This. Anyone who actually plays games can put forth what any commentators are trying to say, but much more concisely and clearly. Hell, there's a lot of shit that while you might not immediately be able to describe in words, you and other people instantly recognize and understand what you're trying to talk about just with gut feeling.

If anything, game design shit and its commentators are just people trying to start specific gameplay/story trends just so they can claim that they affected a video game somehow.

I've seen so many people talk about game design and read a shitload of books. I am firmly convinced no one has any idea of what they're talking about. I'm not even very cynical either. No one does good analysis.

What?

Dude. No.

Limmy is an unfunny faggot and he joined the great british cuck alliance to whore himself out.

Kill jester.

English please

Look, you are not the first guy to claim some guy is a SJW without providing some fucking sauce.
Either post sauce or stop wasting our fucking time, and you get to act smug afterwards.

It's okay to take bait if you're replying to non-bait in the same post.

With a medium that's relatively young, it's not surprising that people don't know much about. It took nearly half a century before people had a solid understanding of film theory. However, I have doubts that games will see something similar soon considering most critics are stuck in their liberal and post-modern "analysis" of games.

He will go passive aggressive as fuck and try to "troll" you if diss muslims.

He only makes fun of feminists when it's save to do that or they attack him or someone from his clique.

He tries to act as an edgy shitposter that's into gaming but he does that for views. He is part of a british circle jerk along with Brooker, Graham and other shits.

The show is okay, but a lot of the shit he posts on twitter is unfunny garbage. He mostly spends his day playing video games with some goons who sit around sucking each other's dicks all day.

pics related

Isn't the guy married? He just essentially took a dump on his wife.

Well, he isn't wrong. If those damn activists played the video games instead of bitching about them, maybe they would be better. At them.

The person he's retweeting is his girlfriend.

alright, thanks

He's more of a fag than I thought.

Oh, I had no idea.

I'm not sure if that makes it any better though.

The Art of Game Design is pretty good even if a lot of the stuff referenced in the book has been shut down by now.

Read/Listen to Masters of Doom, and read various autistic Thief blog posts, or behind the scenes excerpts.

When not going full SJW Hardcorgaming 101 is decent, though only in chunks.

ITT fags who think they know everything about game design and believe it to be nothing more than common sense yet have no actual achievements of their own in the field to prove their point

stay dumb Holla Forums

When you dig a little you'll see how well those cucks are connected, they all know each other and profit of those connections (for UK The Guardian is the main hub).

They are part of one group and will all push cultural and political ideas of that group no matter how dumb they sound cause they know if they don't do that they'll get kicked out of the group and that would hurt their profits.

99% of UK comedians that try show of their gaming cred are cancerous posers. Remember the whole "IF YOU DON'T LIKE MASS EFFECT 3 YOU ARE A NAZI HOMOPHOBE, SHUT UP AND BUY IT YOU ENTITLED GAMER MANBABY" shit they were trying to push.

Fuck off, Extracredits.

You just described Extra Credits

So basically like any "game design commentator"?

Fuck off ExtraCuck

wew, are you faggots retarded, I didn't say anything about some shit eceleb that I know nothing about and I'm surprised you do

Whoever they are I'm sure their opinion is as shit as Holla Forums's is

If I were to listen to anyone talk about game design it would be this guy

Ahoy and Matthewmatosis are the only general vidya "reviewers" I honestly trust. There are a few others that specialize in certain game series that are also good, though.

I bet you're also taking one of those game designer or game theory courses.

>>>/reddit/

Or people who actually make games. Sort of a "those who can, do" deal.

settle down, kiddo, I'm not the one who knows the name of ecelebs

hownew.ru

Came in to post this.

It's a pity he puts stuff out so infrequently, but I guess that helps maintain quality.

If people played videogames instead of arguing about the politics surrounding them, this site would have like 3 posts a week.