HONESTY TIME: How many games in your life have you preordered?

HONESTY TIME: How many games in your life have you preordered?

Be true to yourself user, sweet thing, let it all out.

I pre-ordered physical copies of GTAV twice. once for PS3 and again for PC.

pre-ordered 3 other shitty games for Gamecube and Xbox when I was younger too.

Less than ten.
My mom pre-ordered me Pokemon Gold, because the Pokemon craze was in full swing, and in the era of Tickle-Me-Elmo, I thought I genuinely might not get a copy.
Shadow The Hedgehog came with a hat. It was the last thing I ever preordered, for obvious reasons.

Two, the PSX version of Metal Slug X and NFS:Carbon.

Tell me you at least didnt wear it in public?

or fully owned it full fedora, wallet chain, cargo jorts and trenchcoat social detritus tier?

Zero, I have no idea why would anyone pre-order

I have never per-ordered a game in my life.

Worms Revolution and that's it

A couple times. I would have been 12 or 13 at the time, so it's not like it was that out of place or anything.

Though to be fair, this was back when it was more about you phoning a store and reserving a copy rather then to get some stupid skin and other shit.

DMC: Devil May Cry
Max Payne 3
Mass Effect 3

I pre-ordered Way of the Samurai 3 when it was coming out on PC, but I don't think that counts seeing as the game was already out and I had experience of it being fun beforehand at a friend's place.

You bought the lifetime subscription version, didnt you?

Its okay. Its time for the healing to begin.

I don't recall it having a Lifetime subscription, I know Lord of the Rings Online did, and look where it is now.

I used to pre order games that came with physical items, like the slaughterhouse remake, I got a dam sexy statue for that.

But because it's all digital stuff I stopped, with the exception of weeb games that become impossible after launch, like edf games, or senran

Preordered overgrowth before the whole GG shit happened. Canceled it as soon as the fucks released Haphead kikestarter video on their channel with no actual update for months.

I know a guy that bought both swearing "wows dead by 2009, warhammers da future innit blud?"

Personally I just wanted to play, at the time, a more modern Warhammer Fantasy game, since Mark of Chaos was meh. And I got was Tier 1 RVR being the funnest part of the fucking game.

I also have never preordered. Why would anyone ever preorder? I've literally never had trouble finding a game launch day.

This. I only preorder is if the merch is decent physical stuff. I do a lot less preordering nowadays.
Maximum jew, no thanks.

Metal Gear Solid 2
Half Life 2
Diablo 3
Scam Shitizen
Dragon's Dogma : Dark Arisen
Dark Souls 3

Diablo 3 is the only one I genuinely regret.

I'll only preorder if it comes with physical shit, and from a dev or a series I like, and if its niche as fuck.
Fuck normalfags who preorder for digital crap. Even worse when they preorder a digital game. That shit won't run out of copies. Especially if its the normalfag flavour of the month.

One. Pokemon SoulSilver.

The Lugia figurine is pretty great fam

A few. All of them pre-2000 when it was done to get the game quicker.

GTA5. That's it. I have some pre-order bonuses on various games thanks to keysites though

Surprise surprise.

I'm a poorfag

Zero. Why the fuck would I preorder anything?

Dragon's Dogma on PC, just because it had a discount.

I never bothered to preorder anything. Made no sense to me. Hell, these days you are better off waiting. Just pick up the complete edition after all the dlc and patches come out. There is no reason to buy a damn thing on launch day. It's just going to be buggy and half done. Pick up the finished game later at a lower price.

Because back in the 90's before you were born and shopping online for vidya was a thing and gaming was less mainstream shops received far smaller unit numbers and it was a common practice for popular titles to sell out for weeks at a time. pre ordering ensured a copy was held for you.

I know how strange this must seem, not one mention of skins or in game dlc, this may seem strange or frightening but it was just a different time.

I've never pre-ordered anything in my life.
I've never bought any early access shit either.

How much of a good goy do you even have to be to do such a thing?

MGS5 regret
Dark Souls 3 was worth it
Dark souls 2 regret
Smash 4 really worth it
Haven't pre-ordered any games besides that I would only pre-order a game I was without a doubt certain would be good, but I was wrong twice so fuck me.

I tend to preorder a week before release if I want vidya. I have Prime and every new release gets 20% off so I get a pretty good discount on vidya. There's been a few cases where they have fucked up and given me 40% off so lately preordering has been paying off.

I pre-ordered Fable 2 special edition then they removed half of the things that came with it just before it released. Good game though.
Then, because I'm apparently retarded, I pre-ordered Fable 3 special edition, which came with some okay junk, but the game was fucking shit.
I can't remember if I pre-ordered any other games. Maybe the original Animal Crossing, or Mario Kart 8?

I know a guy that preordered pussy by marrying some bitch.

3 years later he decided to OD'd on Cocaine after getting a divorce.

How was it worth it? How could you attain anything special out of it that made supporting the most cancerous practice ever conceived worth it?

Je suis monté

but back on topic, none. Not because of some moral thing, it's just that being poor, money was going away easy, and working odd jobs/part time really limited when i could order anything, so i usually ordered RIGHT AFTER a release, because i knew when they'd bring/send it to me.
**We doN't really have shops like gamestop, who only focus on games outside from the capital and a few county capitals (if that makes sense)

I preordered Dark Souls 2, and even went out of my way to get the collectors edition of Dark Souls 1.

I also preordered Yoshi's Woolly World because the cute girl at the counter I was talking to suggested I do it and I did I'm sorry

nice hyperbole fag

I only ever pre-ordered games I thought I'd like so I could secure myself a copy of them, I couldn't give less of a fuck about "bonuses" I just wanted to make sure I had a copy of the game when it came out.

If its such a hyperbole then please by all means mention a practice that's worse than "we don't have to make a good game because people will preorder them anyway".
So you're saying you wouldn't have gotten those games who were "worth it" on launch if you didn't preorder? I have never heard of any of those games being so sold out you couldn't get a copy. In fact I've never heard of any game other than Prey for Steam being sold out so badly that you couldn't get a copy during that one sale.

Clearly preordering is NOT because you want to make sure you get a copy. Because copies of those games don't run out.

witcher 2 and it fucking sucked

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and guess you are around 17 and grew up in the recessions and dont know/remember how people had way more money in the 90's and the black friday "oh i guess folks trampled someone again" shit happened every time a toy like buzz lightyear came out. Things actually did sell out which was why you preordered.

I think I only ever preordered Halo Reach.

black market organ trafficking

And how fucking young and or lucky are you to have never had a game you wanted sell out before you could get a copy?

No.

Stop running away and face my arguments, ad hom fag.

Ebin
No.

Stop running away and face my arguments, ad hom fag.

Keep going this is fantastic.

nigger you sound like you just learned what Ad Hom meant yesterday

Either way just because you never went to a game store and found what you wanted was sold out doesn't mean anyone else has ever in the last 10 years. Your argument is pretty rocky, this whole "games being in stock" thing is very dependent on location and what kind of games.

also
no u

I think the only thing you just did with that post is prove your own extremely limited intelligence.

And you still run away from the arguments with petty insults rather than facing them.

Ok.

And you still run away from the arguments with petty insults rather than facing them.

But I did address your arguments? You claim that games don't go out of stock anymore but its happened to me more than few times and thats why I pre-order games because when a game comes out that I want I'd like to get the fucking game.

I'd argue that every single game that you've mentioned has always been able for digital download, but with your retarded responses you'd probably go >lmao digital download or >steam drm except for maybe Smash. These games have not and will not go out of stock. That is a simple fact. So the only preorder you could possibly defend is Smash.

And the other argument, that its the worst business practice (in the videogame industry since you're so stupid I have to specify this) ever has not been addressed either. What is worse than not needing to make a good game because retards like you preorder?

GTAV, Mortal Kombat 9 and Steins;Gate.

Like 3 games
I accidentally pre-ordered Sonic Transformed Racing because the checkout girl got confused
I don't remember the other two

I only preordered MGSV and the Resident Evil HD releases

I got a gift preorder of Isaac Rebirth and I thought that was good. Then I got a gift preorder of Afterbirth and after the DLC I lost complete interest in the game because that DLC was such a huge disappointment. I haven't touched roguelites since then.

MGSV and I did 1 hours before launch date

nigga you a hypocrite

also I like physical copies of games because I'm old fashioned and a worse practice than pre-ordering would be early-access and/or kikestarter campaigns, when I pre-order a game I get the entire game not an alpha version or the promise of a game that hasn't even been started yet. also "good game" is subjective, I thought MGS 5 and DaS 2 were good but not good enough thats why I regret the pre-order. Its not like I run into gamestop cock out pre-ordering every single game I can.
You say "retards like me" MUH FUCKING AD HOM but I make informed decisions before choosing whether or not if I want a game

I have good memories of MK9, did you enjoy it? I assume the spoiler was to jape people into thinking it was MKX.

I like digital copies but that's because physical copies are stupidly expensive. Copies running out sounds silly. Eventually any game we purchased will disappear. That's why torrents are an essential way to preserve games.

And people obsessed with the ad hom and other argument pieces alike sound stupid. Just tackle the thing and give your own personal opinion. And then compare that to the other person's and see what you can learn from it. Doesn't that differentiate Holla Forums from Holla Forums?

You honestly sound like a mainstream whore that only buys "muh tripple eh" titles. Not all games release in the same unit numbers you know.

There was no ad hominem there. Ad hominem is when you brush an argument aside with an insult. Like "you're underage so you're wrong" like you spouted. Its not saying "I have to specify this because you're fucking retarded" because specifying or calling you a retard is not part of the argument. As long as calling you fucking retarded, underage or a faggot is not part of my argument it is not an ad hom.
Irrelevant. Does not make preordering okay.
Because you were lucky. Many people have gotten broken games because they preordered. Many games have been broken on release. New Vegas for example.
And irrelevant to the argument. The argument is that they know they don't HAVE TO make a good game because retards like you preorder. See Ubisoft games, especially Assassins Creed. That's what you support.
If you're preordering then you can't make an informed decision. Because you don't have actual post-release information.

You really are just beyond retarded.

I've lost count, I like the collector edition extras for games like Disgaea and they're always cheaper by preordering and not having to deal with scalpers.

top kek

>preordered Fallout 4 because I got it for 40 bucks and knew I was going to play that as well

I don't think I preordered Dark Souls 3, I just bought it day one because I'm generally against preorders.
That's not my only sins however, I have donated to a few kikestarters, although none of them were Mighty Number 9.

In the last few years only three times. All of them were niché JPN stuff.

Its stupid though there are always enough copies.

Once.

Hearth of the Swarm Collectors edition.

So I pre-ordered something that I would had problems getting otherwise, to a game that I already liked.
No sins were committed that day.

Games I've pre-ordered:
Mario Party 5
Pokemon Colosseum (unlimited Jirachi's)
Pokemon Ruby
Pokemon Diamond
Pokemon Y
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
Pokemon Sun
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
Senran Kagura 2
Super Smash Bros 3DS and Wii U

That's it.

So is pre-order okay if the game already came out in Japan a year ago?

Good luck finding a ps3 copy of Nier for a decent price.

Digital is quite new.

If my memory serves me right, none

A good accident

Is this the hip new copypasta?

Pre-order is okay in shot tone of cases.

Really hate towards pre-orders comes from digital copies.

Not a single one.
I've bought games before, I'll even admit I bought Skyrim. But I've never pre-ordered.

I believe in the case of digital, most online store fronts they allow you to pre-load the game so it's ready to play when it's officially released.
What I don't get is premium/limited digital editions which often cost significantly more than standard editions. At least with physical you get extra shit like, say, artbooks or soundtracks. I can't fathom what could be included in a digital "limited edition" version that could put the cost £30 or £40 more than the standard

Zero.

None
>Tfw I almost preordered DSII but decided it was retarded and ended up pirating it

None.

Really most of these thing should have been in regular editions anyway. Like soundtracks. It is pretty much example of jew in devs manifesting.
Good thing it is most likely the case of simply buy 30$ version and ignore it.

About pre-loading it is definitely an argument for but it is quite a weak one.
It essentially mean you will play a game two days early, but you most likely should wait about a week after release to see how the game is doing.
Pretty much like pre-ordering regular physical copies, nowadays there isn't much chance shop will run out of them. I haven't seen any shop run out of copies since Diablo3. Week after it was national mourning in here.

At my locals that all got taken over by GOYME they are specifically told by a few providers like Nintendo to only get a certain amount of special editions and try and hold them back for people that only preorder.

SW: Battlefront II
THUG 2
SoulSilver

For as much as I played them, I can't not stand by those decisions.

Most people have waited 2-3years for the product, wait a couple of more months for the polished version.

I've also pre-ordered MH4U.
I don't see what's wrong with that because I already knew what I was getting since the game basically had been out in nip for a while at that point.

I imagine if you are a mainstream pleb and you are used to "IGNORE THE HATERS PREBUY FULL PRICE BEFORE ITS OUT IN ANY REGION FOR IN GAME CONTENT WE WANT YOU TO PAY MORE FOR" its another moral grandstanding thing.

Not only this, but these days most games aren't even fucking physical. Handhelds all have digital versions that are superior to the cartridges because class10 SD cards are faster than whatever shit the games are made with, and PC games are 100% Steam exclusive. Fuck me sometimes you'll buy a new game and the disc is literally just a Steam activator.

FURTHERMORE, since there are no demos anymore, why even buy a game on launch day? Why not wait to see how shitty it is before you commit yourself. In the meantime you can pirate it.

Faggot, I spent most of my early childhood playing outside with my friends, and the few games I later got, I got on burned CDs that my dad brought home.

Most of my preorders have been pokemon games simply so I could get in and out of the store faster.
I preordered the Diablo 3 special edition because I thought they'd run out, which that location actually did. I very much regretted that one.
Oh and the one that will get me cruicified on here , borderlands 2.

Prime? Like Amazon prime?

Now that I think about it, never.

I pre-ordered Fallout: New Vegas Collector's Edition. That's it.

More then i can be bothered to count.

Now now, before you get all triggered the reason for this was because the local Electronics Store in Bumfuck, Nowhere generally had very limited copies of very few vidya, and preodering was also one of very few ways i could actually ensue they actually STOCKED certain games.

So it was pre-order or bust, which isn't a thing since digital distribution and easy piracy these days.

I preordered Odin Sphere Leifthrasir because i want the artbook but don't want to shell more than the standard price getting the storybook edition when the only extra thing in it i'm interested about is the artbook.

So i might as well pay the same price and get it, i've played the original game on PS2, i've tried the demo of the japanese version on PS4, everything seems to be ok so i see no reason not to take advantage of the preorder bonus considering the circumstances.

One.
Dragon's Crown and only because it was cheaper to have it shipped from Canada than to buy it full price on release in europe.

Also because of the bitching art book that came with it. No regrets.

I downloaded a leak and played for about 17 hours before the release date meanwhile pre-ordering 3 copies.

I want to kill myself, but a Vanillaware artbook is probably cooler than the actual game.

I pre-ordered Brink

pls shoot me

Halo 4
Hotline Miami 2

Got about a 50/50 success rate, I'd call that pretty good.

Holy shit this fucking thread, im surrounded by retards. This is one of those threads where redditors expose themselves right?

Yep. I was a bit skeptical until I read a few posts not only defending pre-ordering but spiting others for not wanting to.

I don't even browse reddit and I can't really tell unless it's really stereotypical games for them to like such as Portal 2, TF2, Fallout, and Skyrim. But even then there's an overlap.

No there isn't. Holla Forums is one hivemind of counter culture ultra hipsters that were hipster before it was cool. You buy games you shitlord? gb2 leddit Holla Forums only pirates ever, no game is fun, liking something makes you a shill and everything is "template" because something awful told us it was.
and cuck is a racial slur you hateful fucks, its [CURRENT YEAR]

I preordered Lost Odyssey because they were giving out 1000 microjew points if you did.

Pre-ordered G breaker series starting with 2 because game doesn't fail to deliver in customization

I pre-ordered Starbound.
It was a big mistake. After that? Never again.

Never I just don't see the appeal

None. I'm disappointed but not surprised Holla Forums, you fucking faggots.

Three times. I canceled two of them. I went through with the Squidloli one. I also got the Squid Amiibos. A man is only so strong.

One and only one. I learned from my mistake from that one game.
Duke Nukem Forever

Lots of things. These days, however, I only care to do it if it has some bonus i'm interested in.

With Steam its often a reduction in price, soundtrack thrown in, and other shit like that.
With physical games i'll do it if its coming with some sort of art book or some other piece of merch thats neat.

But overall I only really care to do this with games I'm set on getting when t hey come out. Most other games I just wait to see what friends say about them.

None, I have gotten a few early access / open alpha games but I have never paid for something that didn't exist yet.

Well that's obvious to us but casualfags don't do this and absolutely HAVE to have the games immediately, preferably befoe any of their friends. I think it's some kind of social thing, like they get more points for having [current popular game] before anyone else.

Presumably you're referring to Game. I remember when they nearly had to close down a couple of years back.
In my town we had a Game and a Gamestation, which was bought by Game at some point. After their financial trouble they had to move their main store to where gamestation was which was a smaller store and the old store was taken over by a smaller chain called Grainger.

>Preordered Asscreed 3 and got a steelbook case. Hated the game so much I gave up on the series entirely.
>preordered Pokemon X and didn't get shit for it. The game was ass anyway.
Looking back, Now I wonder why people even preorder games in the first place.

No fucking regrets.

i pre ordered Duke Nukem forever and Aliens Colonial Marines and im never pre ordering a fucking thing again!

You dont pay to preorder unless its some pc goyim stuff. Pre ordering means go into a gamestore and put your name on a list thats checked launch day and a copy is held for you.

Its sad how the prepurchase shit is now accepted as the norm.

none.
I had some close calls though

No preorders. No early access.

Duke Nukem Forever
I regret it, I also heard about that asinine glitch that killed many peoples PS3 fats I mean for shame. It was just bad all around

Batman arkham origins

I sold it back to gamestop at half the price of purchase, and used that money to buy monhun 3 tri and a wii classic controller

Nobody is REALLY this stupid, right? RIGHT?!

Never underestimate the stupidity of people who have disposable income.

Preordered Dark Souls 3 in the very last hour for the discount.

never again

I have disposable income, too. And I hang onto it longer by being prudent. In this day, with games coming out half-finished if even that, it's just a bad choice in general. ESPECIALLY with GOTY editions of certain titles being pretty much guaranteed

Preordered dragons dogma for PC because I had already been playing it for a week (on PC) prior, so it wasn't really anything unknown.

Some games come along from series you can more or less trust in terms of quality.

MGS
Resident Evil
Most nintendo games (Mario, Zelda, smash bros, kart).
Pokemon
Sequels to story-heavy series that you're invested in on that level…

Yeah, you might not be getting 5/5 GOAT CHANGED MY LIFE video games every single fucking time but you can be reasonably assured of at least a 3.5 sort of game, maybe even a 4/5 if you didn't let yourself get swept up in the dizzying highs of hype and thus get crushed by the disappointment that comes right after hype.

From most of what i've seen on Holla Forums, most of the hatred comes from being swallowed up in the hype train and disappointed when the hype wasn't lived up to.
Stop letting yourselves get hyped about commercial products like this. Media products.

Skyrim and Duke Nukem Forever.
Never again.

This implies they havent come out in other regions already,

Which implies you buy western shit.

Pre-ordered Heartgold because I was a Poke-autist. Not too bad, considering it's one of the best main series games.

Zero.
But i bought some games that i waited for like Oblivion full price and i still regret it.

Three times.

I'm not proud of myself

I've only ever preordered two games, gundam breaker 3 and the new super robot wars is also on preorder

The Witcher 3. My net is shit and I wanted to pre-load so I could play right away. The size of games lately is fucking crippling on shitty Australian internet.

Oblivion was the last time I bought a game just because of the series.

I preorder Pokemon games because they may legitimately sell out around here (suburban area).

I pre-ordered MGS5 because I knew the game could literally just be 60 hours of Kojima's face on a screen laughing at my dumb face and I'd still buy that shit, and I wanted to pick it up at midnight so I didn't get spoiled by the other fags who did.

I pre-ordered Skyrim for the same reason. Hardcore TES faggot, hardcore enough I even play ESO, and wanted to pick it up at midnight. Regret, wish I'd waited a couple weeks and gotten it cheaper. I clocked 300hrs since it came out, versus some 5k hrs in morrowind, by comparison. And most of that 300 was getting mods to fucking work.

Flip-side, DIDN'T preorder Witcher 3 and regret it. They ran out of Physical copies for PC by the time I got to the store, had to get a physical PS4 version. Which, in turn, means I haven't gotten around to playing it.

I honestly forgot that I preordered something else. This is what personally ended preorders. Hold me

I will never preorder anything again after that.

I still think it looks better than Terraria, but honestly after having played Starbound and Terraria I've come to the conclusion that the entire "minecraft" genre is garbage.

Most times I only preorder if I was just going to buy the game on day 1 anyway. Recently did it with new Doom (though in that case I only did it because I found it for $30 on a key site, otherwise I wouldn't have), and the time before that was Yakuza 5.

dark souls 2 and bioshock infinite

oooof we got a winrar here.

dude fucking tons, for a long time pre-orders actually dictated how many units were shipped to my local gamestop so if you wanted a niche game you would pre-order

OR you would get fun stupid shit with pre orders and not fucking in-game skins, but now the only pre-ordering i do is buying a game the night before release on amazon if i -really- want it on day 1

I'm not a hipster. I'm an

Anyway pre ordering is fine if you play games that the average gamer hasn't ever heard about like pic related and want to buy them physical.

Kill yourself only if you pre-order the latest triple A shit. Used to be pre ordering was done to reserve a copy. Cause Gamestop ain't gonna order any unpopular games. Nowadays it is all marketing.

What is this, 2004?

I still use WinZip.

Why use free FOSS when you can pirate?

Zero times.

Good to see not everyone is a moronic casual in this thread.

There was that one time I preordered an imageboard.

Metal Gear Rising and Dragons Dogma PC Port because I knew they were good games, nothing else.
If you fall for hype you should consider suicide.

At least you're not Anthony Burch.

Skyrim.

I enjoyed Morrowind and even Oblivion. Fallout 3 could have been better. Then I played New Vegas. What a game. I thought Todd would learn from then. Apply it to Skyrim somehow.

The pic is me pre ordering the game.

i can endure lots of bad games to see it to completion, but skyrim was dreadfully fucking boring

How could they fuck up an elder scrolls game with dragons?
Todd found a way

Three
One was Witcher 3
One was Dark Souls 3
Don't remember the third.

running around the snowy mountains killing trolls and bandits should be fun even without the elder scrolls part

BUT IT WASN'T

EVERY DUNGEON WAS THE SAME

Todd. Could. JUST. LOOK. AT. NEW. FUCKING. VEGAS.

I mean seriously man. I didn't even bother to check gameplay or anything from Fallout 4.

Fallout 3 is borderline good game. It was ALMOST a fuck up. And I understand fully people who hate it.

The only game I have ever bought was minecraft. Not a day goes by where I don't regret it.

Personally? None. But when I was younger, I could remember that my parents preordered a game for Christmas.

P3P
Strange Journey
BBCS1
AC V and VD
MGSV
DNF knowing exactly how bad it was gonna be

It was fun having autism bucks

Pokemon Pearl, MvC3, and MGSV.

I got a neat stylus with Pearl, some character info cards with MvC, and reskinned shit for MGS; I think I still have the character cards in the box, but I lost my stylus a long time ago.

It's definitely less than 10. Growing up I never got to pre-order anything ever. I usually got games used. As an adult I only ever pre-ordered a few games that came with really cool (imo) pre-order bonuses;

I pre-ordered Tomb Raider 2013 digitally because I'm a fucking dumbass though.

Too fucking many.
I'm sorry for making video games worse, everyone.
Dark Souls 3 was the last straw. I'm through with being punished for supporting developers.

I pre ordered spore

MGSV Ground Zeroes, was not dissapointed. Had cautions about TPP, so I didn't preorder. Guess I was right.

Christ

That's sultans of swing right? Which song is it?

1: Dragon's Crown (PS3) with the artbook. I thought the book would disappear fast, and $45 was a very good price in the end. Definitely worth it.

2: Odin Sphere Leifthasir (PS4), with Prime discount. Hardcover artbook? Oh fuck yes. Comes out in June, so it's close by. Prime discount applies if you pre-order, or buy in the first 2 weeks of release - not bad.

Everything else, I prefer to wait. Just three months after release, Digimon Cybersleuth hovers between 31 and 35 bucks, for example.

Star Ocean
plently of Kingdom Hearts games
FFXV

if its a genre im interested in and has some cool swag, im a sucker

Oh I also forgot:

TORtanic.
Of all my preorders, this is the one i regret the most

nuh-uh. It's nightmares on wax - you wish, but i'd recommend flip ya lid and passion too.

only one game , i never regreted that decision but also never pre-ordered anything since

me and a friend pre-ordered warlords of draenor, since we also get pandaria with it and could just play while we wait
so the money wasn't completely wasted, at least pandaria had fun leveling

Never pre-ordered anything, but I did buy Grim Dawn during Early Access.
I'm pretty satisfied with it, got a nice discount too.

Let's see

>Kingdom Hearts III Amazon fucked up and lowered the price to $35, so I went ahead and pre-ordered it while it was low
>MGSV No regrets, I had fun with the game
>Puppeteer I was certain they would run out of copies
>Dark Souls III No regrets, I had fun with the game
And I plan on pre-ordering Gravity Rush 2 since that might sell out

Besides that, I can't think of much

DA2. ME3.

I preordered Bioshock 2 and if early access games count, then Sub Rosa (would not recommend and Overgrowth (would really not recommend).

They hate New Vegas don't they? Something to do with them realising Obsidian made the game that 3 should have been.
Didn't Bethesda remove it from series cannon at one point as well, or am I just remembering shit wrong?

Bethesda doesnt give a shit about canon, they would contradict the canon in the same fucking game and not bat an eye. They are also still salty about new vegas.

Gears of War 3 is the only one I can think of, they gave some fairly unique character skins for multiplayer depending on the retailer you picked. Don't regret the purchase itself at all, the game was fantastic for the first few months until they decided to pull the plug on the dedicated servers that they had constantly advertised as a main selling point. I'm just sad to see how far the series has fallen since then.

Around 2010 and onward it became pretty standard with big releases for retailers to give some type of """exclusive""" item for doing it, usually just a weapon/character skin. That's the only real incentive they've ever offered unless you wanted a poster or some other cheap shit leftover from advertising that they just wanted to get rid of. I think the 99% just do it to be good goyim though.

GTA V and Mass Effect 3

I learnt my lesson

Agreed. once you make a home and have stable food and stuff, there is fuck all to do.

warning: faggotry ahead

oh god I used to be a casual faggot, here's everything I can remember:
I used to go to gaming news websites like IGN to stay informed and thought that Fallout 3 was a really good game

Jesus Christ

Rich stop mikeposting to besmirch the good Stoklasa name.

I was a stupid teenager

oh also add Bioshock infinite to that list, unfortunately

I played DaS1 around 2013 and stopped liking dogshit games, then dropped the preorder shit cold turkey after DaS2 was so mediocre

also played Morrowind and FNV shortly after, causing me to hate modern Bethesda shit.

so I guess there's something of a happy ending

kill yourself tbh fam

Now go play max payne 1

Halo games are generally ok. Although honestly 4 took the taste for halo out of me. eh, 1 2 and 3 were good. People seem to like Reach.

Battlefield 3? Eh..so sorry for you.
Skyrim? So sorry for you.
Burchlands 2? I just can't get into borderlands as a video game.
Diablo 3 in its current form is fine now. No where near the depth of 2 in terms of character customization but it can be at least average.

What exactly is wrong with Dark Souls2?
I'm beginning to think the hatred for 2 is more of a meme than anything else. Just like when people were saying 3 was bullshit.
Have people actually gone back to play 1? its ugly as fuck to look at and it handles like garbage.

Can't say I blame you guys. It was a pretty good game.

How the fuck are you supposed to remember insignificant shit like that? 5 maybe? I don't know.

You either graze of videogames to fill the empty void of life and escape your problems or videogames are your greatest passion. You power, your pleasure, your pain.

BBBAAABBBYYYYYY.

All the time. If I'm going to buy it on launch anyway might as well preload and get a shitty costume.

Two:

Skyrim. Did not regret it immediately, though I do now. At least I got my money's worth out of it time-wise.

Guild Wars 2. Never did after that. This game broke any interest I had in pre-ordering a game ever again, and wasn't even worth the cost. Worst game of all time.

I've been playing it recently and I still genuinely believe it's better than 2.

Also,

I pre-ordered Duke Nukem Forever and Total War: Warhammer

Both times made me regret.

I just have no idea. I think recently the last game I pre-ordered was Corpse Party: Blood Drive at Gamestop, I recently wanted to preorder Valkyria Chronicles for PS4 to get that steel case, but never did, and I sort of preordered Muv Luv through this extended Kickstarter type thing.

I pre ordered quiet a large amount of games, the advantages of being European is that since Japan fucking hates us for some reason despite the fact that we're not the major world power that bombed the shit out them, so games usually hit the US months if not years before the EU.

Now that I import most of my shite though or Digital distribution means closer/worldwide releases I just wait a few months for shit to simmer so it happens less and less.

wooo

I know i preordered Metro 2033, I may or may not have preordered borderlands and Bayonetta. I also preoreded Far Cry 3 on steam.

Friend preordered Halo 3 limited edition for my birthday

I've only preordered a single video game, and that was X: Rebirth, which sucked enormous amounts of cock.

I've preordered a fuckload of board games, though. And have yet to be burned even once. Sometimes they take a little longer to ship than expected, but in the end the games are actually good. Pic related is one example.

gedouddahearteegee!

I want to kill myself every time.

only fallout 4

forgive me

Does backing undertale and Toejam and Earl count?

Otherwise zero.

I've only prepurchased one game
Battlefleet gothic, but I don't think that cpunts because I could play it before it came out and could refund it if I wanted to.

Nahhhh…I used to think like you but graphics are pretty important to a game.
Dark Souls 1 looks like an HD-remaster of a PS2 game. Like it was designed for the PSP or Vita or something.

I have, like, 5 games pre-ordered right now.

I'll probably pre-order some more shit later too.

I also pre-ordered Monster Hunter Cross, Hatsune Miku: Project Diva X (Japanese version), IA/VT Colorful, Dragon Quest Builders (Japanese version), Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth (English Asian version), Digimon World: Next 0rder, Luminous Arc Infinity: Complete Box, and more… and that's just within the last 6 months.

I regret nothing.

I preordered Brawl in 2008. That's it.
I regret it to this day.

Bad Company 2 was a 10/10 game, but Diablo 3 made me never pre order again.

I believe only GW2. It was fun enough in beta that I am not too devastated by it, but once I had to go through those levels again when it released, I lost all interest in the game pretty quickly.
There might have been one more somewhere, but it certainly would not have been a AAA priced game.

My friend of african american descent.

Pre ordered Smash Brother Brawl because of Japan Time Hype.

Pre Ordered Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen for the PC because I clocked over 200 hours on the xbox version and I never played Dark Arisen, so I knew what I was getting.

I know I pre ordered a few games before 2011 but I can't for the life of me remember what they were. But these two are the only ones I remember.

Is blizzards idea of balancing still to add a set that increases damage by 500% or add an item that gives all of the runes for a skill? Is their idea of increased difficulty to just pad the numbers more? Do you still have to level from 1-70 before you can actually play the game? Is there still unavoidable damage? And is blizzard still refusing to give players more stash tabs?

If you said yes to any of these questions then the game most certainly is not fine.

Yep. They give you 20% off all newly released vidya. I've had them fuck up a few times and give me 40% off which is always nice.

I don't know how many games, but recall at 2 systems preordered for launch (PS2 & Wii with TP). Most seldom preorders made recently are mostly due to expecting a game to become rare over time. I think I was the only one to preorder Xenoblade on Wii at my city, making for like 1 of the 2/3 copies they ever got. Oddly, while not preordered, I went to my local Target close to opening time to snag one of the Lucas amiibos expecting this rare Mother 3 swag in USA to be scarce, only for it to be one of the shelf-sitters in stores and dropping in price. Oh well.

Does Splatoon count as a sight-unseen preorder since I decided to get it after enjoying the Global Testfires (yes even with that hour delay they had) and figured I could get the Smash costumes as freebies?

You did nothing wrong.

I pre-order any xseed game I'm interested in and anything I plan on importing since it's cheaper to pre-order than hope the game's price drops in japan post release.

I also pre-ordered pic related today

The most fun you have with Holla Forums outside a deep sea/thicc thread.

I preordered JoJo Allstar Battle and amazon fucked up and sent me two copies

Pre-ordered Wind-Waker in 2003 - great experience.

Then Pre-ordered Destiny - HORRIBLE experience. Fucking NEVER pre-ordering anything EVER again.

Hmm I may just end up getting Prime then. Especially considering next day delivery because living in Canada and getting anything shipped to you in a timely manner is Fucking impossible otherwise.

Man I don't know what the fuck you're talking about I just played the single player. I'm not even trying to min-max anything or play on that level. I just pick what abilities they give me that I think work well with the style of play I'm trying to do.

In Diablo 2 I had more options to fuck around based on stats (turn a necromancer into a melee necro was fun) and shit.

In this game, I can change up the character by skills only so I'm not really locked into a "build" which is nice if I want to switch it up. However, on that same coin I am unable to massage the skills by fucking around with stats. Can't go balls to the walls glass cannon or make a magic user tank like a warrior type just by having knowledge of skills and their interplay with stats.

So eh.

worth the price alone.

It must be nice to be rich.

Yeah, I never played any of them, but I love SRPGs, so I'm really looking forward to checking out the series. The new game looks like it might turn out to be really good too.

I mean if all you're doing is playing by yourself and not worrying about endgame at all then there's really not that much of a difference between now and release.

Zero.
I have never pre-ordered a game, and there are only a few instances of games I bought before playing them.
Most of the time I pirate a game, play it, and only if I think it's worth it THEN I buy it.
I did buy a few games while they were still in "open development", but only if they were already playable and entertaining in their current stage.

Hard to tell because i would always cancel the pre order.

About the only ones i can think of that i actually went through with were pokemon silver(best pokemon) Class of heroes 2g and summon night 5(but since they're made to order i'm not sure that counts), and any of the Asian english shit i want, because i don't want to end up in a soul sacrafice/Oreshika scenario where the game costs hundreds and is hard to find.

Maybe? I heard they had upped the difficulty a bit and patches and stuff have changed a bit about the way the game works.

No, no it is not. Like, at all.

You can buy both of those for like $40 right now.

Why is he putting his crotch so close to kid's head?

Because vaginnia loves little boys

If anything from release they absolutely crippled the difficulty, and then with the extreme amount of power creep from new items it's got higher numbers than before but it's super easy mode

One time.

Battlefield 3.

I began to hate it after I played the first dlc pack you got with it for preordering.

I almost regret getting into battlefield thanks to bad company 2.

That game was so aggressively bad I'm ashamed I gave them my money.

did you not learn from borderlands 1?

I wasn't necessarily saying that all of those games were bad, like Reach, but I shouldn't have preordered them whether they were the best games ever made or not.

embed related for why DaS2 was disappointing

What's this about Persona 5: Anniversary Box? Did I miss something?

have weebs gone too far?

I preordered a dog once.

you wouldnt preorder a car

What's the name of this hentai?

Why preorder a car when I can pirate it?

Pre-ordering a digital game is just ordering the game. There's no demos, so it doesn't matter.

In the old days, pre-ordering meant securing a copy, and no, I never did that. I grew up poor with a mom who worked at a video store. The very kind manager of the store let us rent 1 game at a time for free. He was a cool dude.

Early access is where the hate comes from. Paying for something that might exist later is stupid and it's a scammy way to secure "investors" by playing fast and loose with the law. I've never purchased an early access game, although I have been gifted a few, so I'm still a hypocrite.

None. Like i don't even buy digital games nor have i ever.

I can't think of any games that were actually new releases that I pre-ordered and didn't somehow regret or otherwise not really enjoy playing right when it released.

It's just so much better to buy a game anywhere from 6-12 months after it was released.

because I already played the leak version beforehand
because it had exclusive costumes, I was going to buy it either way, and Steam Refunds was a thing at that point so I had a backup plan if it turned out to be a shit port

Those are the only two digital games I've preordered. As for physical, only a single game: Sly 4: Thieves in Time.

just Homeworld: Remastered
I don't regret it. I knew what I was getting into.
Looked smexy as hell. Didn't dissapoint aside some game mechanics that didn't work well on the new engine.
Devs are about to release a patch to make the game behave like the original, so gj gearbox

I pre-ordered Haze for $60 from GameStop

Games I preordered: 0
That's one of the few "How many times havr you done X? 0!" I can be proud of.

The only game I've ever pre-ordered is GTA V for the PS3.

Never again

Portal 2

I learned my lesson

I preordered Phantom Pain
It was great

Preordered Wind Waker so I could get OOT: Master Quest.
also "preordered" the n3ds kirby cork cover but it was more like asking my local import shop to order some.

Quite a few, actually. First time I ever pre-ordered a game was The Sims 2: Seasons expansion. My latest preorder was GTAV PC.

The only game I've ever pre-ordered was Phantasy Star Online Ep I & II for the NGC - along with a modem adapter. And I only did it because the only store nearby (McVans Videogames) that was going to carry it on release date wasn't sure how high demand was going to be - so they didn't get many copies and I wanted to make sure I'd have it.

And I already knew PSO was a great game worth the money, because I'd played Episode I & Ep I v2 on the Dreamcast.

one
SFV
I've learned my lesson, never again

I've only preordered 2 games:

Killing Floor. The concept and artstyle just clicked with me since the moment I saw it. I've played it for over 300 hours, money well spent. It was cheaper if you preordered, so I did.

XCOM: EU. I just desperately wanted the X-COM franchise to continue. It wasn't nearly as good as the originals, but I got my money's worth. I preordered because of the soldier customization DLC. In retrospect it was a terrible reason to preorder but I was already going to buy the game as soon as possible so I figured I might as well.

I'm lucky that I wasn't burned by those two games. I haven't seen any other games that even make me consider preordering, and I don't think I will ever do it again.

Two I think. I pre-ordered Twilight Princess for gamecube way back before even the Wii was announced (I think?). I only did it by encouragement of my brother (actually pre-ordering I mean, I was set on getting it) and I think Gamestop lost or threw away my data because I was never notified when it actually did come out forever later.

On Amazon I've got Zero Time Dilema preordered which feels like more of an inconvenience than anything because they don't seem to have actually charged me yet and that makes me anxious with how uncertain my financial situation is.

With both cases preordering feels dumb.

I remember McVans, there were three in Fort Wayne but they closed years ago. I don't suppose you know, were they only in Indiana? Search engines are pretty useless for this information and I wanna know just what they were back when I was growing up.

Those places were great, TVs and systems set up so you could play across the counter and decide whether or not the game was shit (or just worked) beforehand. -and then there was that one location right across from Books Comics and Things ("We sell Marvel Comic Books!"), big old metallic Pacman sign repurposed from one that depicted a bike wheel from the guys who owned the building back when McVans was hidden behind the aforementioned Books Comics and Things (they just colored it in yellow, using the lines of the spokes of the old design as a base). It looked so good, that area just FELT good. Now it's gone, turned into a flower shop, it's cool sign ripped out and in it's place an ugly display of flower pots strung from it's base.

You touch me, goodbye.

arkham city, infamous 2 special edition and i think another one that i forget

probably an assassin's creed game

Currently have Pokemon Sun on Preorder and will Preorder Xenoverse 2 once I can.

I usually only preorder weeb games since they have limited runs and Jap companies are usually more consistent than US companies. Other than that I preorder games I am absolutely certain I will buy on day 1.

Just one… Dragon Age 2… the biggest disappointment of my life and lesson i needed to NEVER EVER preorde.

Pokemon Diamond, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Guild Wars 2, maybe Crash of the Titans.

Never again, especially after the shitfest that was GW2.

havent preordered a game since spore. bah

I think it was just a local Ft. Wayne operation.

Never been in the shop in your pic. That was, where.. Broadripple or Coldwater? I mostly hit up the shop at Jefferson Pointe on my way into work, or the one out on Washington Center Rd since my car insurance agent used to be up in that neighborhood.

The best thing about them was that they carried games for pretty much every system - and yeah, all the systems hooked up or ready to be hooked up so you could try them before you bought them. And the people there actually gave a fuck about games and wouldn't hesitate to tell you whether or not they thought a game was shit when you asked.

Haven't been out in that area for a long time though. I didn't even know they had closed down. When did that happen?

Is Rainbow Palace or Uncle Sydneys still open?

Three maybe?

I have Odin Sphere Leifthrasir preordered right now. Muh artbook.

preordering dark souls 2 was a mistake

Oh, I preordered DOAX3 with an extra order of SJW tears. Not disappointed at all.

GTA V Collector's Edition
Lost 150 bucks
I paid my sins, why don't let me sleep already

From my google-ing they appeared to have ones in Evansville and Indianapolis and such. As for when they closed it appears it was June of 2012 (same year as Nintendo Power left us, seems to happen all at once don't it?). The one in the picture was next to the Georgetown shopping center. I still remember the large colorful stacks of Pokémon cartridges in one of the glass counter/cases during on of my visits (funny how they became scarce again). Mega Replay is cheaper than they were (McVan's color-coding my little wallet dry) but they just aren't as cool (a guy let me buy GTA: Liberty City Stories when I was maybe 14, I guess no sense in keeping that secret anymore all things considered).

I'm afraid I've never heard of those places, sorry.

Just Senran Kagura 2

It was either Fullmetal Alchemist or Full Metal Panic!.

shwarteenteen

One.

Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude for PS2

My cheapskate senses kicked in and I realized how retarded I was after I got it and saw it for half the price used two days later, and haven't bought a preorder since.

Diablo 3
Never again

I pre-ordered Pokemon X for the map. I ended up hating Pokemon X despite still being a diehard fan of the series. Never bothered picking up ORAS. turns out Kalos is also an uninteresting region, but I'm still keeping the map
I've never pre-ordered any game before or since, unless you count buying early access. Minecraft in Alpha, before it was apparent how Jewish and lazy Notch was

0, its more expensive to pre order in my country

In that case I have pre-ordered a couple of times for my SNES and N64. I haven't brought a physical copy in so long I forgot what pre-order is.
I know this isn't good but I don't buy AAAs and so few smaller games have physical releases

no, but i've preordered a music album

and it fucking sucked

What is MGSV TPP
What is Resident Evil 5 and 6

I see you got your lesson in the hard way.

Dang that sounds pretty cool actually. For me, I only ever got to play new games at Christmas if I got them then , or if I rented it with my own money.

Which console-tan would you fug?
I would definitely go with PC-tan

I always thought getting gta5 for ps3/360 was silly. The ps4/xbone version was right around the corner and pc wasn't terribly far off.

One.
Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen. It was 24 bucks and I skipped the original so I just went with it.

Marvel vs Capcom 3

Never again.

The Talos Principle

…that's it.