No jamboree allowed

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/pannenkeok2012/videos
meaconscientia.tumblr.com/post/138304605896/should-have-stopped-me-when-you-had-the-chance
docs.google.com/document/d/1K4OTAyampX1CueKyZUIunz0yIUYd3ldlQxv37oaySgs/edit?usp=docslist_api
8ch.net/agdg/
8ch.net/vass/
8ch.net/vp/
8ch.net/vg/
encyclopediadramatica.se/Evil-unveiled.com/12chan
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That eye model is the same one from the ghost house.

Is it time?

So is the speed-running community going autistic over the "0.5 a presses" video or something? Can someone explain this to me?

HOLY SHIT I just realized this autist switched to a new channel. I was waiting for months for more videos.

youtube.com/user/pannenkeok2012/videos

I always thought they were spiders but now I realize that they only have four legs!!

I don't know honestly. As for the .5 A presses thing, the way I understand it is it's just a way for the speed running community to describe jumping twice with one A press

This really misaligns my QPUs

Is it that time again?

Every circular "model" in SM64 is really just a sprite. If you removed the sprites from the scuttlebug, the only actual 3D shapes would be the legs and teeth.

It means you start the level with the A button pressed.

No Jabroni's allowed?

I actually like his videos. Thank you user!

One press counts as pressing the button and letting it up again. By pressing it and keeping it pressed, he can do things with only "half" a press and use the act of letting it up again for another action.

I don't get it at all.

Is this that stupid half/v/ meme?

You should take it back to reddit.

COMING SOON

wouldnt that be two thirds of a press since you have to account for the holding part being a stage too?

I don't get this meme.

This is fascinating, is it common that a TAS get this autistic? I'm not familiar with the genre

As I understand it, both pressing and releasing the button can be used for actions, which is why he's counting as separate parts of the pressing. Holding the button doesn't really do anything as far as I know, aside from determining your jump height.

It's mainly the Holding part that is being referred to. Letting go doesn't do anything in the game.

FUCK YOU!!!

ALL I WANTED WAS A FUCKING JAMBOREE!!! BUT NO! YOU FUCKS HAD TO TAKE IT ALL AWAY FROM ME WITH YOUR "PERFORMANCE BUDGET" SHOVE IT UP YOUR ASS!!! IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A 64 BIT CONSOLE AND IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN POSSIBLE!!!

WHY CANT I HAVE A FUCKING SCUTTLEBUG JAMBOREE IN THE CURRENT YEAR????

But it's not current year. It's 1996.

He probably did it to avoid the memesters.

✌️😂🔫

Sure thing, """"""""""""""""""""""""""""Henry""""""""""""""""""""""""

you know what time it is :^)

TJ "Henry" Yoshi

Mario 64 invented the warp drive

Is this the dawn of the meme Renaissance?

At the absolute pinnacle of play, Mario is a demigod who can store anything in his hat and jump through walls

That kid who used QPUs in order to graduate before you.

I don't understand.

Wowie holy autism

Wow, you actually fit that in under 8mb. Very nice.

That's terror.

You can't press something half.
the act start and ends with the addition of pressure, the instant it's released and let up it's removing the press and releasing it.

Oh boy, you do not want to poke the autistic beehive.

Why is the new scuttlebug design so meh compared to the 64 one?

64 had a more rad color scheme

In context its a lot easier to say "half A press" then saying "pressing the A button down before entering the area and keeping it down"

I would only consider a half press and actual half press IF you can reach then end game screen without releasing it,
that means reaching a stage when you can't do anything anymore other than reset /start a new game

How this would differ from the end of a level? What is your reasoning?

Is this the power of alternate universes?

this never ceases to amaze me

Because after the end of the level the game is still going on?

So the state of a binary signal doesnt depend on whether its high or low (which is a hysterical notion), but rather what state it's in when all reading of the signal stops?

I don't get it

Short story? Never ask a speedrunner to explain what the fuck is going on.

I'm trying to understand. Are we shitting on this guy or commending him? Because I think the videos are actually really interesting. If you just scream "WAAAH AUTISM" at it, you're missing the point.

When did it become uncool to know how things work?

I have such autisms to show you

I don't get it, why four titties?

I am not generalizing for all on / off cases that exists, and i am talking about motions not signals.Pressing something is a physical action.You will have to depress the button at some point.

The autism is mesmerizing.

a certain degree of both, It's as impressive as it is "LOL AUTISTIC" .
this man has essentially reverse engineered sm64 from within the game, but the fact he applies such ridiculous challenges to his game runs(like using 12 hours to gain speed just so he can warp through a room) deserves a bit of ridicule.
he's very informative and has somewhat peculiar mannerisms like "scuttlebug jamboree" and "QPU alignment" he has all the right characteristics of a great memetic

Why not both?
The fact that its interesting to break vidya and learning how the whole thing works, doesn't make leaving your shit on for 12 hours to build up speed and tracking down which triangle slopes provide optimal speed adjustment any less autistic.

Probably because you need to skip multiples of 4 parallel universes, or the game will detect you are out of bounds.

Hey guys, I need to head down to R&D to pick up some early designs for self-checking doubles, and no beverages are allowed in that part of the facility. Could you watch my glass of milk for me while I'm gone? It should only take about 5 minutes. Thanks in advance.

Thanks, guys. Knew I could count on you!

No prob. Enjoy your milk.

Somebody wasn't paying attention. If quarter movements don't end up in valid space, it goes back to the last quarter movement that did, and that might be a shift of less than 4.

I figured the scuttlebugs had four just because that's borderline furry stuff and for whatever reason, furries like extra boobs and dog dicks and all that.

Pannenkeok makes some chill fucking videos.
Breaking games to limitless bounds to beat them in ways never imagined by the devs? It's the best.

Is there more?

You realize that the term is in the context of looking at a section of a play-through right?
There can be half presses if you look at a level, not the whole game.

There is no such thing as half a press, he pressed the button. No level of autism is going to change this.

"""""Henry""""" pls

He only half pressed the button. A full "press" of a button necessitates releasing it back to its original position.

He did no such thing. He only half pressed it.

henry pls go and stay go

I came in here for half a press jokes and I was satisfued.

how many left clicks do you need to submit a post? hard mode: when you need to fill out the captcha

So this is how it starts. I can't possibly see what you fags see in this shit. It's like normalfags trying to create an original meme. everything in this thread sounds like it just came straight out of reddit, not bullshitting.

None; on any good browser, you can operate this site using only a keyboard, if necessary.

Literally hotheads

I'm only using my mouse right now. git gud scrub.

one hand on the mouse, the other hand on the dick, like God intended

Nothing cuck about apologizing for your ignorance and bowing down to the superior being

That still doesn't make it "half an A press". He should call it what it is. Either "3 A presses when you start the level with A unpressed, and 2 A presses when you start the level with A pressed" or "2 A presses and 3 A releases".

He's a lil bitchboy who wouldn't have apologized if he wasn't being shitposted into oblivion.

Also, on an unrelated note
I know what I'm doing tonight

Well I gotta give it to him, he took it like a man and admitted his mistake, and in the end became a better man. You go Henry.

user pls. Even fucking henry understood it, it's not that hard

meaconscientia.tumblr.com/post/138304605896/should-have-stopped-me-when-you-had-the-chance

Chances are you have autism. If you contemplate the idea that spending months and months of combined game time, creating a process so intricate it needs a 20 minute video to be explained, just so you can beat one challenge of one level of one game by pressing one random button one time less is may be worth commendation I don't know how to explain it to you.

When you devote your life to irrelevant things. It's like there's this one comic, right, and on one character in one panel on one page in one issue there is this squiggly line. So then this guy spends god knows how much time creating graphs and mathematical models for exactly how the inker must have held his brush, what brush he used, what ink he used, how much he used, what the room climate must have been like based on how it dried, what arcs the brush, fingers hand and hand must have made trough the air to produce line and from it and extrapolating the same aspects regarding how the sketch was made and what lines, how many many and where they must have been placed by the artist to produce precisely this one line.

Then he repeats the process for the other panels and other random things but ONLY for this specific issue.

Sure, many of the facts that are deducted may be really, really interesting, especially if you are into that sort of thing like I am, but I figure its the amount of time and effort spent figuring out completely irrelevant things to accomplish what appears to be a completely random goal that just amazes people.

Personally I have no feelings of spite or anything like that when I watch these videos, just complete bafflement while trying to grasp how these people must perceive the world in order to get the feeling that things like these are worth the time.

rom hacks when

There are worse ways to pass time, I spend my days browsing Holla Forums, can't say I'm anymore accomplished then he is.

what are you, gay?

You do realize you are saying this on an imageboard dedicated to video games right? He just has a different way of having fun than the rest of us, not much different than speedrunners and the like. You've never done a challenge run in a game before?

just kill urself mate

No one said there wasn't.

You are either browsing the wrong boards or a general failure.

You can't half press something
You either press it or you don't, get the fuck out of here with this autism meme

Is this supposed to be a scuttlebug?

Actually that's his secondary channel were he posts shorter non-commentated videos as opposed to his main channel videos which have audio commentary longer runtimes and higher production quelity.

He wrote an essay about it here
docs.google.com/document/d/1K4OTAyampX1CueKyZUIunz0yIUYd3ldlQxv37oaySgs/edit?usp=docslist_api

its over the top and strange autism, it just happens to resonate well with some anons senses of humor.

Why are his self-set goals in a game any worse than the mindless developer set challenges of any other game? If you play videogames, you're wasting just as much time is he is. Although I bet you've never put half the thought into the games you play that he's put into his

R8 my new filename m8s.

holy fuck my sides

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHAT IS THIS SHIT
since when you need to study quantum physics to play mario64?

You don't need too

Can someone explain his 12 hour water spider meme to me?

guy makes a video where he waggles mario into the slope for 12 hours on a emulator to overflow his positions and tricking collision engine into teleporting wherever he wishes to with the help of scuttlebug enemy

guy with yoshi avatar goes apeshit about half A presses (holding A pressed while entering the level, so releasing the A button in the level doesn't count as full press)

memes ensued

that first image is the funniest thing I've ever seen

I've been saying this shit for a while now, this fucking thread, this fucking meme is 4chan cancer.

This isn't OC but a whole thread filled with (1) reddit replies.

I bet he solved all the mysteries of the universe already, but he doesn't share any info on it because he's having fun with mario.

I STILL HAVE SO MUCH TO LEARN

Oh god fucking damn it. This is so damn funny I can't contain myself. I get it. The fucking spider thing. My sides.

Is this what it feels like to orgasm from laughter?

QPU theory is one of the best memes to come out in a long time tbh fam

Seriously the extent to which this guy has manipulated SM64 is remarkable. If you have any experience with low-level programming then you'd realize that is essentially what he is doing.

I want to fuck that yarn

this shit is just bizarre to think about

This is why real life is boring
Because little 10 year old you was right, fictional worlds really are fucking magic

Just how!?

Holy new, all these people who don't get it

If only someone was as dedicated as this guy to create the best game out there, I wouldn't be posting here, I'd be playing that game.

inb4 filename

Well you learn something new everyday

Delete this

hello?

Now I kind of want a game that seems like a standard medieval action game on the surface, but with a magic system based entirely on a series of cleverly orchestrated quirks of coding hiding underneath the surface

Do you think there's multiple universes of Holla Forums?

8ch.net/agdg/
8ch.net/vass/
8ch.net/vp/
8ch.net/vg/

It's all your fault Arthas, you saved Henry in Warcraft III :^)

Whenever your posts used to get lost and not show up in threads, those posts actually got sent to alternate Holla Forums's

That's every game you've ever played considering the rendering and game logic are generally decoupled. The game you see in all cases is separate from the invisible simulation which backs it.

We're already are a parallel universe from half/v/.
Also this

But wait, there's more!

>We get meme magic

I'm ok with this.

Please save us from this, Kek

I can only hope death is a sweet release.

Monster girls would have been better

Furries would have been better.

The fact that I'm somehow autistic enough to follow all this insanity just fine like it's the simplest shit ever, but otherwise "normal" and shit at doing complex math scares me on a profound level. It's like I've stumbled upon eldritch knowledge of the Old Ones while maintaining my sanity as if it's nothing where others go nuts, but at the same time I'm too stupid to wipe my own ass by default.

encyclopediadramatica.se/Evil-unveiled.com/12chan

It's not that complex my man, just because you understand memory manipulation better than some halfchan/v/ memers doesn't make you particularly autistic or intelligent.

This raises questions.

fuuuuuuc

meme magic is actually the formula that allows content of our world to cross dimension the multiverse and and content from the multiverse to come into our world

Useless loaded question. I've made no comparisons with inane shit in other games.

That's kind of what autism is; putting ridiculous amounts of thought into irrelevant things. Some guy putting two months and a notebook of calculations into deciding where on his desk to put his stapler would in no way be admirable either.

excellent taste

We can get misaligned safely, but only if we map out our opportunities to realign ourselves later. If we can index the slope and height of each board thoroughly enough, we'll be able to chart a course that will let us visit 9chan, 10chan, or 11chan and still have enough speed to arrive back on the grid in 12chan.
>you will never find a PU with jamboree

It's not about "inane shit", it's about every challenge or victory condition posed to you by any game that you've ever played. Why is a developers idea of what should be done in their simulation correct, as you imply? I'd try to explain it in a way you could grasp, but your shitty analogies and your assumption that putting thought into anything is "autism" reveal that either you won't or more likely can't understand me

Yeah user, remind him of your superiority!

following along is easy. if you where quizzed right after watch this, how well do you think you would do?

Well I'm certainly not going to call a spade anything more or less than a spade

And he is most certainly one dumb presumptuous nig nog

d-did you get the j-joke, user-sama?

I can tell you've had no experience with it and just want to use buzzwords.

No.

This is implied nowhere. lrn2 english

Again claimed nowhere, and again lrn2 english.

about what I expected from your dumb ass

I've never played Injustice, sorry!

I'm not any kind of programmer and I can understand overflowing an integer. Figuring all of the exploits out must have been ridiculously hard, but he does manage to explain it all reasonably well.

i'd take a billion weird videos like this over the hundreds of billions of pandering lets play garbage spewed out everyday

Shouldn't they be smugger?

The people getting upset aren't the same ones that joke and post fanart. Did you actually read the thread?

is it that bad?

As far as I give a shit you have no self-worth unless you prove it. I find the Mario 64 autism entertaining. You're seem to be a condescending prick.

no but the anime is too recent, it feels like a forced univer- i mean, meme

I dont get it

im obviously not talking about the people posting the jokes and fanart

i'm talknig about the people being dismissive of how pannekoek spends his time when there are countless worse ways of spending your time than creating a well edited video for recreation

Some guy is just being absolutely, extremely, outrageously, over the top, unforgettably autistic about a retarded self imposed limit about how he accomplishes the level by pressing the A button less than 1 time, as in, 0.5 times.

Here's the rebuttal that you don't deserve:

Exactly, they aren't equal. Pannenkoek is taking on challenges in a video game of a level that you have never attempted.

You state his efforts are insignificant. They're only as significant as the efforts of anyone else playing a videogame. If you don't play videogames, why are you here? And if you do, you've participated in these trivialities as much as he has, although your efforts were directed in the vein that developers intended. You thereby imply that the former is worthy of your belittling, while the later is a worthy endeavor.

You analogize his calculations with calculating where to position a stapler. A retarded analogy, to be sure, and one that's even hard to argue with because of how nonsensical it is. Again, if you play videogames but don't think that the action in itself is worthless, then you're implying it's the thought he brings to it that's worthy of your scorn as "autistic". I'm sure you find reading autistic too, so I'll try to keep this short.

Now you prove just how fucking dumb you are, once more. Direct memory manipulation is the heart of "low level programming", he manipulates memory and he does it programmatically as he makes TAS runs. He is straightforwardly programming at a low level, albeit through a very nontraditional interface. He and his TASrunning friends have disassembled Mario64, and they often interact with it through the language of the processor it was compiled for as can be seen in his other videos. Guess what kind of programming that is, faggot?

To conclude: smug anime faces don't make you seem any less retarded than your text posts reveal you to be. I know you want to feel like your time is spent more judiciously than pannenkoek, but the reality is he's just smarter and better at videogames than you are.

Reddit: The post

Yeah dude arguing is for reddit, imageboards are for memes how could I forget

yeah you should go argurue on /r/eddit, kid. I don't need u

"dismissive" isn't upset.

if anything, you're upset that people are being dismissive.

He might not have actually left it on that long. Since it's on an emulator, he was probably able to fastforward it.

i meant they're getting upset because they don't like how much attention the the video is getting

i just find it funny how people are angry over a video getting recognition when theres far worse stuff on youtube

No, because they perfectly represent my reactions to reading his retarded posts.

It's great to see you never bothered to finish reading my posts since I specifically make a point arguing against that.

Well, no shit. It's almost like taking on a completely irrelevant challenge with the effort of trying to cure cancer is what makes it funny.

No. Getting half an A press less is decidedly lower on the scale of insignificant things than say beating a game, and when you spend ridiculous amounts of time solving the same insignificant problem that's when it becomes autistic. And often incidentally very, very funny.

Another one not bothering to read my posts. Who would have guessed?

So you're saying that the challenge of getting a stapler exactly right is nonsensical but the challenge of getting half and A press less isn't? How come the challenge of getting a stapler exactly right is somehow less worthy than the one of getting less A presses?

See, this is why I hate you virtue signaling faggots. You're whining about "how can you imply that spending this much time on how to the jump button half a time less is silly" when you yourself consider spending months on the challenge of getting a stapler exactly right to be nonsensical. You're being precisely as dismissive as you accuse me of being but project it all on someone else. You faggots are always like that.

Please stop being so fucking retarded. Direct manipulation of memory is a staple of nearly all high level programming. It's bog standard and nothing about it is low level.

If you believe those faces express smugness you with 99 % certainty legitimately are autistic and that sure would explain why you're so defensive.

so people can get upset at bad shit because worse shit is out there?

That makes no sense.

CAN'T, i mean.

i didn't say it was bad and when there are youtubers getting rich making lower effort stuff like markiplier i don't see the point in getting mad at pannenkoek

Fuck off letter, that's not your place.

Well, no shit. It's almost like taking on a completely irrelevant challenge with the effort of trying to cure cancer is what makes it funny.

No. Getting half an A press less is decidedly lower on the scale of insignificant things than say beating a game, and when you spend ridiculous amounts of time solving the same insignificant problem that's when it becomes autistic. And often incidentally very, very funny.

Another one not bothering to read the post. Who would have guessed?

So you're saying that the challenge of getting a stapler exactly right is nonsensical but the challenge of getting half and A press less isn't? How come the challenge of getting a stapler exactly right is somehow less worthy than the one of getting less A presses?

See, this is why I hate you virtue signaling faggots. You're whining about "how can you imply that spending this much time on how to the jump button half a time less is silly" when you yourself consider spending months on the challenge of getting a stapler exactly right to be nonsensical. You're being precisely as dismissive as you accuse me of being but project it all on someone else. You faggots are always like that.

Please stop being so fucking retarded. Direct manipulation of memory is a staple of nearly all high level programming. It's bog standard and nothing about it is low level.

If you believe those faces express smugness you with 99 % certainty legitimately are autistic and that sure would explain why you're so defensive.

No, you are only allowed to have an opinion about one thing.

I like the recommendations I got from this video.

This is called the "Eat your shitty peas because people are starving in Africa" fallacy or some shit.

You're retarded, and people can be angry at whatever the hell they want. You think people AREN'T angry at that because people are pissed at this?

What are you, a fucking toddler?

NASA knows that suppressing knowledge of half A presses will discredit pannenkoek and let them monopolize inter-dimensional travel.

Nobody actually minds that you're salty and assmad kiddo.

It's like he wants R34.

YAYAHUPHOOHOOYAHUPHOOYAHUPHUPHOO

WE

Fucking dumbass Henry niggers can't grasp the concept of half A presses, I ran over a T.J. Henry with my car on 1/12/16
captcha : eFaitH

Since panneokeok is holding down the A button the game programming counts that as a 1 A press (logically we see it as an 0.5 A press), however the game detects the button hold multiple times throughout the main game through the game loop:
//examplewhile(!gamedone){ switch(keypresses){ case KEY_A: return 1; }}
A game loop is something that every game has to check for events and update the screen and is an essential part of every video game. So the amount of A presses is actually equal to: CPU clock speed / time of vid related
(MY THEORY)

10/10

You're saying that ironically (unlike your clickbait) to make fun of an autistic person.

You and everyone else in this thread are cancer. How autistic this speedrunner is, is irrelevant, but keep up your (1) post

wot

8888 GET

I'd say 12 hours is a time, but it isn't a fast one. Surely there must be a more accurate term by now or is the speed he builds up to achieve this enough to qualify?

SHE'S ALL ALONE
ALL ALONE
ALL ALONE IN HER TIME OF NEED

The cunt claims that holding A before a level starts counts as half an A press. "Because its 0.5 when its pressed down and 0.5 when its released." This logic made the already autistic speed running community sperg out. Holla Forums cought wind of the shitstorm and laughed at it, but it wasn't long until our collective autism made it into a meme.

????????
That shit made me laugh.

You referring to this faggot?

Upper echelon post.

for those wondering, he disabled comments on his video because he couldn't stand the shitposting.

VP9. And at that length you can clearly see a lot of compression.

But is pump-a-rum allowed?

Alright faggots joke's over

dump your scuttlebug folders
NOW!!!

[Smacks Lips Profusely]
[Steals]
[Gets Jiggy Wit It]
[Eats A Skittle]
[Checks For Nearest KFC]
[Collects Welfare]
[Licks Teeth Then Smacks Lips]
[Does The Crip Walk]
[Opens Up A 40 And Pours Some For His Homies Trayvon And Michael Brown]
[Tweets About Dis And Goes To Check In With His Parole Officer]
[Dindu Nuffins]
[Sucks Air Through Teeth]
[Pulls Up Sagging Pants]
[Instinctively Looks Around For The Police]
[Faints And Then Gets Up Repeatedly]
[Scopes Dem Titties]
[Shouts At Movie Theater Screen]
[Chucks Spear]
[Sets Down Cotton Bale]
[Strokes Welfare Check Pensively]
[Throws Up Gang Sign]
[Swings From Basket Ball Hoop]
[Grabs Dick And Shuffles Left And Right]
[Participates In Drive By Shooting]
[Converts To Islam]
[Repeated World Star Yelling In Background]
[Sells Crack]
[Evolves From Primate]

your code will shutdown the game at A press

No. This meme might be 4chan based, but this is based on some of the most impressive autistic shit I have seen in YEARS.

I don't see how this video is shitty peas, this guy doesn't have a huge moronic following, he's passionate about what he's doing and he's not getting filthy rich producing shit

Sure people can be angry at whatever they want but people can also see anger as misplaced and unjustified whenever they want,

this is more of a case of harassing somone at a mcdonalds restaurant for poor choice in food while the streets around you are filled with people eating literal shit

i don't know guys i like his autism
it is a cute kind of autism

If only I had known what kinds of autism I would spawn with this thread.

I am terribly, terribly sorry. I just thought the meme was funny. Please forgive me.

Autism attracts autism.

I thought this was a known fact of life.

This has nothing wrong with speedrunning. The video is about an arbitrary run where you press A as few times as possible. I doesn't matter how long it takes.
The half A press, while silly, does make sense in this context. You cannot press the A button half way. But in this run category, which is about pressing the A button as few times as possible, holding the A button without releasing it is not considered a complete button press. Even though the game can only recognize pressed, released and held. But again, none of that matters, because it's just a rule for a silly run.

The video is only silly when it's watched without context. Well, okay, it is silly but at least it has meaning to the run category.

To achieve "half an A press" you need to crop entirely the timelapse where it occurs from the rest of the game.

Such event would not be possible to count then in a normal continuous level to level run since in the video in question at one part the runner says clearly that he acknowledges the continuity of the game by saying there are "A" presses outside the levels.

Another thing that tickles my autism is that he decomposes an "A" press into 3 parts (press, hold, release) yet he arbitrarily considers the holding part as 50% of that composition against common sense, thus the "half an A press"

Henry dindu nuffin

user, I think you should check out those books again.

Nigger are you retarded.
He says clearly that halves are rounded up when you're speedrunning a certain level and you round them down when you're doing a full game run.

you put the boom boom into my heart

you send my soul sky high when your lovin' starts