Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/IEqj8
studiomdhr.com/cuphead-coming-in-2016-exclusively-to-xbox-one-and-pc/
twitter.com/studiomdhr/status/630452766582960128
archive.is/Ph7Cf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Interested because of art style but worried it'll just have shallow gameplay. Hopefully there will be variations or branching paths for each level and replayability.

Fuck off lmao.

This is my worry also.

The game is just boss fights and nothing else from what I've heard. As in, no levels at all. The fights are supposed to be long with lots of interesting tactics and pattern changes, but I don't know if that's enough to carry an entire game.

I miss Metal Slug.

I meant to quote

Looks amazing, hope it's not shit though. Would like to see on other systems than just the Xbone and Winblows 10

Excited. I'm expecting a delay, though.

Boss battles are literally the best part of these kind of games.

Apparently they've been adding more bosses and platforming levels since the previous showing was so well-received.

Thanks OP. Got my hopes up only to smash them to pieces.

Played the game at PAX and I do agree with the concerns. It depends how many bosses if its a full boss rush game. The bosses are challenging and the controls are tough but having proper levels would make it a lot better

Looks like metal slug. Would play if not xbone exclusive.

It's releasing on Windows, but I don't know if it is by some windows store shit.

archive.is/IEqj8

studiomdhr.com/cuphead-coming-in-2016-exclusively-to-xbox-one-and-pc/

I feel the same way with KI, especially now that its a windows store exclusive

There had better be an option to turn off Chromatic Abberation horseshit. It's the worst fucking fad of this generation. Even Bloodborne fell for it.

There is absolutely zero fucking reason it should be applied to a game that's meant to look like an old cartoon. They NEVER looked like that.

Its a shame. If i ever get a new computer, it is going to have nothing to do with windows. Looks like im never playing this.

What? But they did.

No. Chromatic Abberation is an unwanted negative problem caused by low quality lenses in photography.

It has nothing to do with how cartoons look on film whatsoever. They aren't drawn and then suddenly the color channels split randomly.

They announced they included an option to turn off Chromatic Abberation months ago, get with the times faggot.

Where are the actual levels?
Don't tell me it's just bosses
Also how much is it?

This game seems to be all style. If my expectations are met and the game has plenty of substance as well, it could potentially be a goty for me.

No idea what'll happen.

Alien Soldier is a game mostly made up of boss battles and that game is fucking great.
Summer please get out.

True, but the purpose of a boss is to test what you've learned throughout the game, and if the game only has bosses with varying movesets, patterns, and tactics, then there's no way for you to learn to deal with their tactics ahead of time.

it's fucking vaporware

Looks plenty interesting but I wonder if it'll be too good to look at in motion and play.

Rhythm Heaven's bothered me with that a couple times because I was taking in background details or something and was too stupid to keep the rhythm going and look at all the pretty pictures at the same time.

they intend to do an OSX and linux ganoo port shortly after the release

This.
Nowadays it's much easier to sell a game based on hype or concepts than actual gameplay

its cool, but it needs better sound design, it sounds a bit bland atm

NEVER EVER

i love it.

JAPS AND WEEBS ON SUICIDE WATCH

Good.

I could really go for a ham sandwich right about now.

Dependu on da Animu!

I love how great the trailer looked and then the Xbox One/Microsoft logos just put a bad taste in my mouth. I'm pretty sure I saw this on steam upcoming releases but that green screen put a lot of disappointment in my heart

Hey, devs need to make money to.

I saw the thumbnail and thought it was going to be a Popeye game. Disappointed.

Alien Soldier was pretty good.

Needs more 1930s Cartoons.

never EVER

There's platforming, they just haven't shown it yet, that's the only concern I have and I ki da get it spoiling it but at the same time they've given away a lot already…

I'm not going to play it.

Put some fucking effort into your post you fucking ignorant shitstain on this already blighted community

This shit is cuhrayzee progenitor.

What are THE BEST boss rush games, Holla Forums?

Shadow of the Colossus is one of them

Some capcom shmup called three wonders

i read the filename as cuckhead

it better have a black and white option

There aren't enough games that just say "fuck it" to the idea of only having bland story and levels as filler content between the good shit with real effort put into it, and just go whole-hog into the main attraction with few-if-any stops instead.

Granted, this one ill-advisedly tried to gate off bosses and the special move needed to truly-beat them with little point-earning minigame levels, but it's the kind of thing that's not as horrible to deal with as expected, especially if you just bypass it completely by giving yourself all the points you'll ever need manually. Probably only in there to pretend the game had more substance than just a ton of fun bosses, since execs are notoriously-bitchy about that kind of thing.

platforming is literally the best part of these kind of games. Bosses are usually gimmicky and don't warrant a replay once you've figured them out.

I worry about this too. I'll take harsh contrast and ugly visuals over a pretty but visually overwhelming style any day.

i wanna fuck the mermaid boss

Rule 34 when

I'll never forget the time a journalist tried to argue the game was racist because of the art style.

this. if they'd gone with more of a steamboat willie/popeye aesthetic this would be my fucking dream game.
looks a bit too looney tunes for my tastes as-is.
I like the premise though and will for sure try it out.

But you did

Source?

Also:

> All the faggots pulling the whole "Hurr durr Wangblows Tein and Ecccksbawks" faggotry.

If you weren't either elitist faggots who think just because you use Linux or (insert obscure distro here) and think it automatically makes you smarter and safer than using Windows or retards who can't stand other people playing games on a console you don't like or own you'd know you could be either Dual-booting Windows 10 or running it on one computer and running Tails on another you stupid fucks.

And just to be clear to you inept faggots who may misconstrue me pointing out the seemingly obvious to you fucking retards…
I am in NO way advocating the bullshittery that Microsoft are pulling here- but saying you aren't going to play "X" game because it's on "X" platform is fucking ridiculous.

Grow the fuck up, you pathetic spergs.

Oh yeah, and Cuphead looks good I spose…

I like old style cartoons. I wish more games, or movies or tv shows, used those styles.

beat me to it

hipster bait, day 1 pirate

It doesn't look anything like Looney Tunes to me. They are much more modern, cleanly drawn, and just outright move differently. Arms aren't usually wet noodles, they have actual elbows for example.

seems fun as heck and looks even better

looks like some damn decent platforming gameplay in the vein of Treasure games
one of only two appropriate uses of chromatic aberration as a constant effect (the other being alien isolation)
the target systems might not have a receptive audience. I hope it can be monkeyed to work on W7

I think they claimed it was racist because the protagonists are white and the devil is black.

So, not art style as much as it was just color choices.

NO.

NO CHROMATIC ABERRATION. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANIMATION.

IT'S AN UNWANTED SIDE EFFECT OF SHITTY CAMERA LENSES.

IT'S GOING TO HAVE A WIN7 RELEASE

twitter.com/studiomdhr/status/630452766582960128

also so is Gigantic but no one else cares about that.

Hah. I wonder how these people even go on living in real life.

It's clearly adopting the style of early disney and Betty Boop

yes, im aware
but it remains a part of cinematic history no matter how much production companies have fought against it. So I'm okay with (not happy with) it looking like I'm watching old cartoons on the disney channel back in the late 80s on a tv that still had 2 channel dials and a wood finish

No it was pretty much just "this looks like it was from the 30s and the 30s was racist so this is racist."

That wasn't CA though, that was just the analog color signals bleeding into each other. CA is a problem ten times worse, and much harder to accept while viewing.

Found the article: archive.is/Ph7Cf

Focuses on the look of the devil.

Says he felt physically ill.

Likes to take it in the ass.

Well it's certainly the first game that I know that follows that form of older, vintage cartoon style.

i sincerely desire that you fellows don't do this

no thanks

the animations look really nice though

Those are only the boss battles. They recently said that they have added traditional platforming levels between the boss battles, since people were so interested in this game.

Never ever. I always forget it exists, although I'd pirate it

They could've just made it on OpenGL to start with but I guess Microshit has some exclusivity contract. I'm surprised they will even port it at all.

were blacks back in those days offended by this kind of stuff or did they shrug their shoulders and say "yeah that's pretty accurate"

In the case of Coal Black, the animators actually went to black clubs to learn the slang. They hired a black band to record the soundtrack, too - but Warner would only pay for the last scene. (They had an orchestra on staff already.)

The Do-Do is like a proto-Daffy Duck. Neat.

this game was weird but also fun

boogie did a few a while ago but thats all i know if

I think its worth playing once at least. Though maybe I am a tad starved for traditional 2D look.

now i remember this, i think i saw it in color though. i always thought the dodo from tiny tunes was an original character, called the dodo because he was the product of a bygone age.

that filter looks awful

They don't want to spoil the platforming.

The only good Treasure game tbqh

>>>/gulag/

This game really needed to support the 6 button controller. The only flaw is in the limitations of the 3 button control scheme, aside from that it is pretty much the ideal 2D action game. Would kill for a properly done remake.

omg i LOVE jazz music can't wait

That game had more actions then jump and shoot.

People only ever boast about it because of the unique design, which is worrisome, but I don't like old American toons anyways. So I see a game that is visually unappealing to me that seems to have done nothing else exceptional. I don't care about it, but will see what is being said on release.

It doesn't have levels.

can be disabled.

Fuck that caught me off guard.

How was my post reddit? Are you stupid or is that just ypur buzzword for people that disagree with you.

I think its to mimic how those cartoons would have looked on old TV/projectors. Like how some emulators have scanline filters.

Artstyle of old cartoon is disgusting.

You are disgusting

Looks like that tranny garbage character they always post in the lol threads

Well it does!

Oh boy, hand-drawn graphics not from Vanillaware, I hope the game is good enough to

What's the catch? Anytime Microsoft is involved and it comes to PC, there's a catch.

It's also getting a W7/8 release so calm down.

So did Dead Rising 3, after a few months and not all of the content.

The lack of elbows is really retarded.

That's because Alien Soldier was actually good, not because stages were bosses.

Refoogies

Looks great.
One of the very few games I'm excited for.
Too bad I'm not gonna buy an Xbone.

I did not expect this.

Has there been a release date set, yet?

Max Fleischer rolling in his grave.

I have a webm of this but it wasn't posting for some reason

Easily the best color Popeye cartoon, though

If true, this is the opposite of how I'd prefer a game to be. Boss fights are generally my least favorite parts of 2D platformers.

AYO
*smacks lips*

nigger boss fights are the best part of any game genre

Ori is just fine

I agree.

Thats a good exploitation film actually. Kinda fun for some cheap thrills.