Actually good TMNT vidya

After the blunder that the new TMNT game turned out to be, let's take a chance to look back and enjoy once again the classics by Konami based on this franchise.
First let get this out of the way
Here's a folder with all the worthwhile TMNT classic games mega.nz/#F!ZEJUTYKR
And here's Retroarch buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/

Now let's discuss these games and why TMNT III is the best one.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!ZEJUTYKR!0Rz_rhC-ESgCm4vDM4zkBw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I was just playing Manhattan Project for the first time the other day with a friend and it was rather fun until the game crashed. Also I'd rather play Hyperstone Heist over Turtles in Time, but I'd rather listen to Turtles in Time.

Yeah Hyperstone Heist is way better than Turtles in Time regardless of the general consensus.

So yeah… TMNT

Why did you remind me of the existence of that godawful abomination. I was actually pretty butthurt when it was announced because there was no PC version, but then I actually played the damn thing.

what's the difference?

Do you have the key to that mega file OP?

The first TMNT game is actually pretty good. It just gets a lot of hate because it's pretty difficult. Not for casuals.

A game that controls as good as this plus the content of Turtles in Time on SNES would be the perfect turtles game to me.

Here's the uncrypted link shit, i wish i could edit the op
mega.nz/#F!ZEJUTYKR!0Rz_rhC-ESgCm4vDM4zkBw

honestly any turtles game based off the old turtles cartoon is good.

And thats generally the thing, with each new turtle iteration, it gets worse. Remember when they rebooted the turtles after like 20 years, and that spawned a Game Cube game that had cell shaded graphics?

Ever since that reboot, they been rebooting the franchise like every 5 years.

It's so nice seeing Hyperstone Heist get some respect after having to endure years of Turtles in Time dicksucking.

They are both good games. Quit being a contarian faggot.

I don't understand the appeal of Hyperstone Heist over Turtles in Time. People say its got better controls but I've never noticed much of a difference. It is somewhat more difficult, especially with the boss gauntlet and lack of pizzas, but having much less stages and unique bosses really hurts its replayability for me.

But enough rambling. Tell me Holla Forums, which turtle do you pick?

donatelo

Raphael

Donatello

Am I too wrong? I even like it more than the Arcade version it was based of.
I'm thinking of giving more chances to the other ones, Should I just go with the ones in the OP and call it a day?

All day e'ery day

It is better, has tighter gameplay and more replay value.

nostalgia'll help you, and the game is not bad by any stretch but it's absolutely repetitive and you'll find yourself doing the jump+attack move that takes no health off your turtle to beat most of the enemies for all the stretch of the game.

tmnt 3 the manhattan project is the best game of the NES ones with each turtle playing more distinctively, a pretty long game overall and a bitchin' soundtrack.

donatello is OP in hyperstone heist

Bumpan

I pick a different one every time.

Leonardo

TMNTIII is the best out there. It's got length, damn good bosses, great music and memorable stages.

The only TMNT I ever played was this one on the PC when I was like 10. I remember managing to finish it with all four characters(there were small differences depending on which character you picked). I don't remember if it was good or bad, because back then I would play anything. I think it was also a bit difficult, but that may be just because I was a kid.

Don't get me wrong I like the cartoons and film stuff, but really.

Hyper Stone Heist is the version closer to the arcade original.

Turtles in time is a honestly casualised version of the game which added I think 2 levels and altered 2 of them.

The arcade original is a really bad game. Its a literal button masher with very little skill involved. Turtles in time added the ability to throw on demand and made the controls more responsive.
Seriously none of the Konami arcade beat em ups are skill based.

It's still takes more skill then the spam throws with I frames to win SNES version

I actually want a game based solely on the original film trilogy. Yes, even Turtles 3.

Donatello. Dat range, also I love staff weapons in games.

Donatello is easy modo

Just played through this with a friend and picked Raph for the first time, the reach is weak and much harder, I ended up jumpkicking the entire game basically.

Also is the Platinum Turtles game really bad? Is it worse than Korra or similar shit.

Platinum dropped the ball so hard on this game it is infuriating and saddening. We could have had the 3D equivalent of Turtles in Time and Hyperstone Heist yet we got this crap instead. Plat seems like the only devs capable of making a game like that and they fucked it all up.

Its better then Korra, but not as good as transformers. Then again, Transformers is NEARLY on par with real platinum games, its just missing a bit of polish.

However, I should emphasize the fact the game has no real combos, and the combos that you do use which lead into launchers do not work on any enemy but foot soldiers. the game is heavily relyent on using timer based moves. While people say the bosses are damage sponges, this is true -IF- you don't know how to min max your skills; boss can be easier in most instances then minor enemies.

Let me pose a question to you Holla Forums; from a game stand point, why do you perfer turtles in time?

The combat in turtles in time is not very in depth, its your typical beat em up, but a great one at that. I would say that Mutants in Manhattan has more depth to the combat, but will also add that is severely lacking.

Dodging in the game also sucks in my opinion.

The 4 turts on screen was also a bit much.

Excessive combos are not a prerequisite for a great beat-em-up… even though everyone does it atm.

There are other ways to achieve depth, like pure timing/dodging and knowing when to stop an attack (because someone will hit you) e.g. the old style beatemup.

Also, big combos are the equivalent of bullet-sponges in FPS. It can take away from immersion depending on the setting,

I would say the new turtles game has more depth then turtles in time, but I am not sure its better.

I been considering streaming it for Holla Forums just showcase the game in its entirety, but I think thats a massive waste of time