Current Projects

Going off of what Tor user said in a few threads I researched what the pirate box close pirate network is.
I really think this is a good idea and that for Very little money you can create a location node somewhere deep in enemy territory. The generation of controversy alone would bring people connecting to the closed pirate network that you created.
You could literally subvert these college campus leftwing zones in a blink of an eye. You could not only use them to spread the redpill but you can claim to set up a leftwing pirate boxes that the lefties will of course use. We could use this for street level counter intel.
https:// piratebox.cc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FIU8WZR9DNA
youtube.com/watch?v=XJi8a2eOfoA
cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/technology/roguedetection_deploy/Rogue_Detection.html#wp44564
en.
nofuckingexcusesforshittylinkbreaking.com
wiki.osdev.org
raspberrypi.org/products/pi-zero/
gyo.tc/1GbTK
qsl.net/dl4yhf/speclab/vlf_rcvr.htm
wb8nut.com/digital/
raspberrypi.org/products/pi-zero-w/
raspi.tv/2017/how-much-power-does-pi-zero-w-use
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump for interest

I have recently started putting these together myself. I would love to find a way to install them in public places tied into their power. Think places like Starbucks hosting these libraries full of right wing media.

The thing is, you can triangulate these signals by comparing signal strength from one location to another.

It would only be a matter of time until they are found. I'm not shitting on the idea, I think it's pretty good. Set up a wifi network with the same name as whatever the campus network is, and people will autoconnect. Set it up to auto-route every webpage request to tgsnt.tv or something similar and you've got yourself a spicy party.

It will be found, and you will be out some dosh. Consider using something capable of mobility, but be ready to ditch that as well. Wear fucking gloves you dumb cunt.

I'm using librarybox.us for mine though as I really just want to serve files

I was thinking once about detecting coincidences on the network. It would work as a free WiFi, with the exception that in unencrypted traffic all coincidences would be marked. Additionally, a small note would be added at the bottom "For users convenience all coincidences have been marked with an (((echo))) sign."

Might be as funny as the printer hack.

If you do it, make sure you activate them all at the same time so there's that wtf moment and people start talking about it. Also do what said, if you copy starbucks, mcdonalds or whatever public wifi people connect to, their phones will auto connect and you can replace their main page.

I've seen a few threads on these over the years and they seem like a great idea. The "hiding it in a hollowed-out book" idea has some real potential too since you could just place it at the top of a bookshelf in a library and it wouldn't be found until someone actually uses signal strength to find it like said. The obvious issue is that you'd have to user stored power rather than just hooking into the building's power.

bump

If you think 3D and not 2D, It will make it extremely painful for lefty user to get to.
think….

Extended battery pack with Solar panel attached to unit wrapped/sealed in a clear water tight bag thrown on to the roof of a business location or ledge of an apartment building or place of business.

Anyone know much about mesh networking? How hard would it be to have a Holla Forums mesh?

Hard. There is no real organization here and the distances needed to be covered would be impossible to overcome. Now you could maybe start building something locally with friends if you have short distances, but the hardware isn't necessarily cheap either. You'd probably need at least 300$ per node.

Know of it but know that the standard equipment out on the market avail to you and me isn't strong enough to implement due to the massive amount of throughput and output rates needed to accomplish the task. Now if you are running simple things like a BBS style service
simple plain text msging service
limited bbs
and Library (txt only)
Then it would be viable to use. I know the government still has this service set up because its extremely low resource and less hackable than 2000+ chat service techniques.

Sounds like a good Geocache to me.

Get involved with your local Geocache community to find out really good hiding spots and how to make containers water-tight and storm-proof. Some old Geocaches were hidden in the 80s and 90s and are still not found to this day. Inspiration!

ah alright thanks m8s

yeah agreed, you would need uniformity in your network. It would have to be backdoored and pushed as an industry standard in the way docsis is.

for a national defense and a military concept they could implement over the next 5 years or 10

but for the now for US…to redpill the truth into the mass..simpler more insight methods are available.

UHF microwave gun
youtube.com/watch?v=FIU8WZR9DNA

I was thinking an excellent way to do this is via free dual band wifi routers. Custom firmware to lock one of the bands into a mesh mode searching for others, while functionally it would act as any off the shelf single bad wifi router would. This would really only be useful for densely populated areas though, but could be supplemented with higher powered nodes ran by project operators.

For a fee hundred bucks you can run multi mile backbones as long as you have LOS. The problem comes from organizing and placement of adhoc nodes to spread the mesh around. Again you can build nodes of substantial power, but it isn't really something a dozen hobbiests can roll out in any significant attempt currently. Too little organization

youtube.com/watch?v=XJi8a2eOfoA
If you can work something like this you have a good shot of meeting your goals.

I think Freedom Box is something you can drop on a plug box that can mesh when there's no Internet service in the area. It's designed for creating a network of censorship-free computers for use in freedom-hostile nations.

There's off the shelf antennas and hardware that can push miles within a reasonable budget for an individual with a moderate income to host a node, the problem comes from organization and adhoc nodes for public consumption. I have actually been a part of a group which tried to get something like this going in a major American city, but we just couldn't manage it because of the size of organization required. You can get more people to join the project if you find a way to incentivize network participation, but as far as I know there's no system of Proof of Route like there is Proof of Work for Bitcoin. Figure out Proof of Route and you maybe able to incentivize mesh network participation.

Every user should have a livecd of project Byzantium for that SHTF scenario. http:// project-byzantium.org

project REDPILBOX is a go

Establish

Content to host in house on device

Everyone that is reading this thread has their orders. Even if you are running one node hidden tied to a string thats dangling in the rafters of a gymnasium somewhere on a campus.

project REDPILBOX is a go

Notes on Opsec

1.Never retrieve your node and transport it home.
2.Once your node is closed and you have left is alone for a very long time un-monitored….never open it back up. Throw the node in a body of water and walk away.
3.always use gloves when dealing with your node
4.always keep your personal device OFF and well out of range in case your node was tampered with and is logging all knowns mac's in the area

god speed

there may be a problem with piratebox.cc OP
is the hardware inherently compromised?
does the hardware come with intentional non-software backdoors for the CIA to use?

is there a way to make a machine give a stronger signal in one direction than in another?

Holla Forums here. Piratebox is cyberpunk LARPing. Because it is so COOL to share random shitty torrents while running around with a Pi pressed into an empty starbucks cup.

Lain Level Fun Stuff To Do:

You can have so much fun with normies. Shitposting can never satisfy the god of chaos and blackmailed blowjobs.

So, this kind of piggy-backs on the internet we all know and use?

Directional antennas

A simple pirate box with some mass storage and a chan server or the piratebox software needs almost no CPU power. A cheap raspi or hacked router would do it.

You could tap power from a light fixture or put it in a battery box with a solar panel and place it on a roof.

Naming it the same name as a corporate wifi or the local ISP will just piss people off and get their techs out looking for it. A little utility box looking thing not causing interference to any other service hidden up in some rooftop garden could last for years.

Yeah, this is a fucking great idea in a day and age where sand niggers leave fucking explosives around randomly. Because the fat Jew twat who finds it will surely know what a "pirate box" is and just leave it alone. And don't tell me about "muh hacking skills," if ZOG puts the FEDs and JTTF on you, you're finished.

This is some flashdrives in the wall levels of dumb. It might even be dumber since it costs a lot more.

Do you know how easy it is to find external rogue APs? WIPS/WIDS are common as fuck, they're pretty advanced now too with aircleaners.

thanks m8

No your not.

Host a fucking pirate box is 100 legal you fuckin bitch. Its as legal as walking around with a cell phone.

You fuckin jidf troll posters just don't fucking quit do you.

So what's the advantage of these things? I can see them being useful in China or North Korea but it's not like this information is hard to find through normal means, even on university campuses. The only use I can see these fulfilling is as a psyop, albeit a very good psyop, to make lefties lose their shit over the "l33t alt-right hackers"

thermals dude. thermals.

all electronics are about thermals. they must create heat to attain transition metal 'off' leads. that box will see short service life due to higher heat absolute and higher heat delta.

strip off every last internal casing, drastically shorten the wires by making your own, never create wire loops with VDC - those are coils, the symbol for resistor is coil for a reason, not to mention errant pickup attenta fucks with circuits - shield the inside with this ( http www amazon com/dp/B012P0L0II ), seal all overlap seems with solider first on both sides and then seat in enclosure, then place this ( http www amazon com/dp/B01FWVUVI2 ), then reinstall components, and add copper heat sinks to every single thing you can like this ( www amazon com/dp/B004CL89D8 ). which ever is the intended upright position, add copper multi-layered screening ( http www amazon com/dp/B0001IMLTY ) and then thin (or if very hot environment, add a row of vent holes) the bottom.

double the size of the battery pack. you'll want an in-line battery charger ups-like system, so as to contain all surges and protect equipment. avoid switching power supplies, if possible. if not possible, get the rated voltage with current rating at twice the expected current draw (those china fuckers destroyed the balast and switching power supply market a while back, and since 2009/10 have been producing ever descending planned obsolescence shit ever since).

and top, obviously.

Great Idea. Have a bump

Unless of course getting caught part of your plan. . .
That way it would trigger a series of news stories. More people would look out for pirate box signals in public wifi areas and would encourage people to make their own.

no they wouldn't.

see comcast / xfinity infiltration across the states, taking over the unlicensed spectra with endless netgear shit radios with bad timing all set to auto and stuffed 2-10 to a closet and on by default with no actual way to turn it off.

I'm currently setting up 2 dozen USB dead drops around the city of New Orleans.

https:// deaddrops.com

To be honest Pirate box is a good idea but the apple loving faggots who are making it are creating something easily vulnerable.
HEre are my advices:
-Learn Gnu/linux from scratch
-Then try to find RYF certified hardware.
-Discard any Poettering software (systemd etc…)
-Discard Any kind of binary blobs
-Then make a TOR or Gnunet network.
Do what ever you want.
What Pirate box wants to do isn't new there was freedombox before them.

I'm amazed at the number of people ITT who are so quick to jump on the "omg lol u so dumb" argument against people who want to freely share information.

Electrical Engineer here, what the fuck are you talking about.

What the fuck?
1. They use semiconductors, not transition metals.
2. They don't give off heat during the change, heat is given off when there is resistance to the current!

Okay first, keep the fucking casing on. Those are heat sinks. The symbol for an inductor is a coil and it will knock the signals out of phase if it gets bad enough.

A wires should be kept short not because of that, but because all wires have a natural inductance that can be induced by electromagnetic waves. On one of my projects before I had it grounded, the oscilloscope could pick up my hand's thermal radiation from an ungrounded cable. I had tricked myself into believing it was the motion sensor I was using haha.

How about you don't buy from China and just plug the damn box next to a refrigerator or vending machine? Any damn engineer worth his money can create a transformer that supplies the right voltage.

Police and banks actually have competent infosec teams these days, no way in hell they would use dubious USBs from unknown sources. My neighbors house was broken into and I caught it on my security camera and I had to physically print out multiple frames from the camera feed for evidence since they would not use discs, USBs or open files due to malware risk. Also the perp got caught and he was a illegal Salvadoran shitskin with previous convictions for rape and drugs.

ahahaha good joke my dude.
a pajeet on on my team in infosec at bank actually plugged in a USB drive he found in parkinglot. Diversity is great like Allah.
Doesn't matter how competent the infosex team is if the server admin or desktop support idiots plug it in anyway.

Pringles, pi and duct tape. High end version with yagi wifi. How about triangulating me now?

It would be nice to live somewhere where the police weren't corrupt and you could actually give them evidence.

Good Idea, I once set up one of these just to see how it worked. I recommend getting raspberry pis, preferably pi zeros for 5$ or possibly other cheap micro-computers (possibly CHIP for 9$) and installing this. Also purchase a wifi antenna that can act as a hotspot. Possibly have a message board on there, since i think they have software on that for the piratebox. Fill it with right wing content and videos that could redpill lefties.

Did you try getting people to connect in a public place?

IIRC there are imageboards on piratebox.

What you retards dont realize is that if people wanted to read whatever bullshit you're going to spam them with, they would have already. People are generally set in their ways, and them stumbling upon some wifi network with some bullshit PDFs isnt going to change their mind.

Wow that will run all of one day, maybe two on that power pack. And why the fuck is there a unmanaged hub in there? All that will do is provide you with a way to piss away money on hardware you're going to lose.

What you dont realize is that enterprise class Wi-Fi equipment can detect this and react by spaming deauth packets to jam your access point?

cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/technology/roguedetection_deploy/Rogue_Detection.html#wp44564

If they bothered to buy Cisco Prime Infrastructure licenses it will even show the rogue's exact location on a map

How did we all get here? The majority of us, I wouldsafely say, were blue pilled until we stumbled on something that caused us to ponder.
Maybe it wasn't the first time, but after the 3rd or 4th exposure to these truths we started digging.
The anonymous factor of these devices are part of the key principles of why imageboards are so influential and unstoppable.
The real question is, why wouldn't you encourage people to try this?

the distance is no problem user.
under perfect conditions without using any extra amplifiers (only big dishes) the following record was set
>en. wikipedia.org/wiki/Long-range_Wi-Fi#Italy
Organization is a major problem however. There are several open source projects aiming for mesh networking.
There are HAM anons that can bounce low bandwidth signals off the satellites to get our message across the big pond if SHTF. If there were some organization a Holla Forums meshnet could easily be done with cheap stock equipment (and flashed firmware) in any city with a Holla Forumsack per city block

Stop posting links the way cum guzzling faggots do. There's never a justification for using white space to break a link. Use formatting on just the https:// part (don't extend the formatting past that or it will be linkified).

nofuckingexcusesforshittylinkbreaking.com

Drones; build a compact light setup and big enough drone to place them in high places that are out of reach and provide a better signal.

UPC in europe has this free-wifi if we can piggy back on your home wifi.
If pi connects thru tor, you should be legally in the clear i assume, the you can offer free wifi on your box.
like any other free wifi you can inject all kinds of shit, pol/vertisements or just good entry site instead giving your phone number on normal freewifi, it's possible to drop a pill.

Yes.

I enjoy the non-pozzed /k/ board here. It's pretty dead, and it can be potentially accessed at any time by any number of literally billions of people on the internet. But it… just… isn't. Now let's imagine that same /k/ hosted on a tiny box and only accessible by people within WiFi range. Imagine the vibrant community that would exist!

…for the same reason we don't encourage people to act out their autism.

It has nothing to do with community, but blatant propaganda in unexpected places.
People are very likely to connect to open WI-FI, especially in places they would not expect it to exist. Then they would be directed to an FTP or imageboard with red pills.
People would be drawn into it by the sheer uniqueness of the experience itself.

These are going to start popping up at university big time…if you like it…or not.
Get ahead of the game 6 months ahead of it all and avert left wingers organizing.
NEWS FLASH faggots… The left wing is plotting the overthrow of the USA just because it wasn't a 3rd term for Obomber the swift horse of mohammed. For all you faggots shooting this down…you are niggers. You are in fact niggers working for someone that is against the flow of the Truth. White genocide is happening and OP is a faggot that has come up with an already made solution to start hitting enemy campus locations with counter commie info campaign.

If you are FOR commies …then you are against this idea.

If you are against commies…you will be building the fuck out of these things and placing them in breakfast club so chad turns on his phone and tunes in to his local fallout4 themed drop box.

niggers, this is next gen shit..don't fuck this up.

Fun? Education? Learning how to do something new and challenging? Skills you might be able to use later on if situations change.

You could waste 100 hours building some world in minecraft or rice out desktops on linux..or you could try and put together something and put it out in the real world and see what happens.

I'ed have an open wifi that just redirects to a single chan board that allows PDF, Mpg/webm and zip file uploads. It doesnt have to be something crazy with tons of boards.

You could come up with 100 different ways to do it in hardware. Use the general use RasPi's or come up with some embedded micro-controller solution.

I swear to fucking god if one of you cocksuckers uses pirateboxes to send hordes of newfags directly to Holla Forums I will fucking find you and kill you, set up a separate pastebin or website to host redpill infographs and send them there, remember normie containment protocols and rules 1 and 2, if you are going to have the homepage on the piratebox direct to something do tgsnt.tv, subvert.pw, or something like that.

and solar.

You mean those faggoty little "rules of the internet" that were created on the Gaia Online forums and disseminated to Holla Forums in 2004? Fuck off. We are long past play pretending to be Fight Club.

Maintaining board quality is still essential, we can handle a small trickle of newfags at a time which is ideal since they have time to lurk and assimilate and grow our numbers but if there are too many fucking normalfags/newfags on the board at once it ruins everything. It isn't about fight club larping, it is about simple sanitation and containment protocols for normalfags.

welcome to our webring old-timer

lost hard and don't even know why

I don't know man, PirateBox was a software created by anarchists. Would feel pretty weird tbh. Pic unrelated.

and?
who cares?

I don't know man. How would you feel while using a commie weapon like the moist nugget?

When I drop the hammer does it go bang and sling a piece of lead downrange?
Ok then.

The moist nugget is bolt action you nigger, not hammer action.
Kys

Well, does it go bang or not?

Get a Henry 45-70 you pinko faggot

poor ergonomics and the palm of my hand hurts when it gets hot, but I lucked into one that shoots great so it feels just fine

it's amazing what will fit on a 32GB microSD card user.
If I were to build one it would not connect to the actual internet. I'd have a single anonymous chan board with multi thread capability and a few permanent threads to hold vital redpill memes, pdf, webm, mp4 etc…
I'd set it up with solar power and put it on a roof of a McDs or something. I'd use whole system encryption and be the only person with admin access.

You do realize we're not literally talking about rifles, right?

Solar pannel, water proof box, long external antenna w/ water proofing to let wires in to box.

bury it. places around me use those stupid ground lights with solar panels to illuminate there trees, some fool may figure it for an extra panel for the lights, if they are in clear open.
Or place waterproof label "rain meter" upon it for lulz
Get one of those higher db (-8db or -12db) in black, stick only a slight amount out of dirt. Its dark enough to be mistaken for old bark chunks, wet dirt, ect.
Same idea can be used in bushes at public parks/other locations with light/mild foliage.

Don't mind muh tisum, just thoughts.

so how does honeypot detection work and how does this device evade Wi-Fi positioning systems?

Mind posting some good tutorials?
Especially stick nuke.

I don't get it. Isn't this just a wireless router that's not hooked up to the internet? With some storage space to put some files up on it, I suppose.

Range is going to be very limited, and it'd be incredibly easy for people to figure out where the signal is coming from.

Now, it'd be cool if you could somehow sync up various pirateboxes together in a decentralized network, kinda like a seedy parallel of the internet that's totally separate from the real internet.

Welcome new guy. Please read the whole thread before posting.

It can be useful by itself, let's say you sit in a very traffic-intensive place for few hours and let the thing do it's job. Couple (dozen/hundred/whatever) people connect in the meantime and try to use the browser which redirects them to your local greateststorynevertold.website with virtually unlimited bandwidth.

I like the idea. Not even just for redpilling a bunch of starbucksfucks but also just for anonymous communication of students in a campus building.

A couple of problems I see with this:
-Price
All the components you need aren't that cheap together even if you buy aliexpress china shit.

Campuses will have cleaning staff and tech people who can randomly find the box when they do a checkup if its near a local powersource
Also it could be hard to hide the box in the first place. You'll be suspicious if you crawl around installing the thing.

-Power
If you can't connect to a power outlet, you have to use a powerbank or something and how long will that shit last?

-Appearance
The name piratebox alone is fucking horseshit. It's sounds like a 12 year old trying to be edgy, but will still deter normal people because they think its some kinda virus.

-Data storage and spam
The first thing I would do if I found such a box of some leftie, would be to shit up the place by spamming the chat and then upload useless shit until the storage is full. How can this be dealt with?

Just tell them it's a clock

Is the reach of wi-fi signal evolving? In the cyberpunk future wil we be able to use pirateboxes that can reach hole cities?

Scumbag, the point here is if you hang one in a public area or private coffee shop without them knowing, you can bet your ass sooner or later that's a bomb squad coming out. I don't give a fuck, shit hang them outside the SPLC offices and the kikes can throw your fucking ass in the ZOG dungeons.

But the higher-trafficked an area it is, the more likely people will start going "hey wtf" and get together to find out what's going on.

That, and simply having a shady access point playing a 6 hour hitler documentary isn't good enough. It's like thinking you can redpill people by sending them spam emails. Doesn't mean jack shit if no one reads/listens to them.

You'd need to make the access point's main page SEEM like a regular internet homepage, but have all the seemingly-innocuous links redirect to more bite-sized video clips and articles that the ADHD normies can stomach. Things like black pigeon speaks videos, for example.

Oh man, is Holla Forums actually getting shit done in a way the average faggot can help with?
Legitimate concerns; this one in particular seems like the biggest challenge. How do you get this shit near power without it being disconnected day 1?

guess I'll never get an answer because it's a shit idea

Thats the point…it doesn't connect to the internet.

It is an isolated node in the cap of a flag pole in the common area where signal overlap is everywhere..

It becomes its own contained net where people frequent and chat and rebel against the commie.

That's why you keep it in a bag or whatever, change locations every few hours.

shhhh…just lurk and learn. Adults are speaking.

It's abbreviated as "Tor." always has been since it was founded.Sets off my autism.

Seems like a pretty major trade-off either way. If you hook it up to an outlet, you make it incredibly easy to locate, but you don't have to worry about batteries. If you use batteries, you can potentially make the thing much MUCH harder to find, but you'd need to worry about batteries and the thing dying after a while.

No idea how to overcome these issues. Only way to tap into the local power supply while still being hidden is if you do some electrician shit and divert power from inside the wall socket and stuff the thing inside the wall, but this would be incredibly hard to pull off because you'd be sitting there doing goddamn electrical work in a public space. Alternatively, I suppose you could use a really beefy battery and periodically come back to take away the box and recharge it, but this would also require you to keep coming back over and over for every recharge.

But that's not as realistically viable, because it would only be up for as long as you have time to just waste your time at starbucks or wherever.

Beat those KGB fags, gnubermench. Make sure you visit, wiki.osdev.org

Rebellion comes with risk, my friend. Every army needs officers. If you're afraid of getting caught, then maybe this isn't the thread for you. But sitting in a common area or public park with a pirate box in a backpack while you eat lunch isn't as dangerous as you may think.

You can put it in your car and go shopping.
you can put it in a book store or library for days or weeks and come back and retrieve it for new batteries and move it to a new location
you can stick it under a known lefties vehicle

HACK THE PLANET FAGGOTS

\

get to fuggin work

I have literally nothing better to do. but I get your point

No, that's not what I'm saying. The issue of getting "caught" didn't even cross my mind. I'm just stating that the device being found is bad because they'll take it down, and then it's no longer serving it's purpose.

Piratebox doesn't work as a concept if it's only up for a limited time before being taken down.

curiosity always seems to kill the stray cat tho…

It would seem so. Every average retard can follow the tutorial at piratebox.cc
It says what parts you need and guides you through it all without having to know anything at all.

I would love to do it for my school. Upload some old test sheets and useful shit to make users interested and give them an opportunity to shitpost eachother in their class. Then you can still upload some light redpilling material.

The biggest problem I see with it, is the powersource. Because you are supposed to deaddrop it once and leave it, you can't change batteries.

But this operation could indeed yield very good results. I think a big part of Holla Forumss userbase are students with access to campusses around the world and this would work in every country regardless of language, which is unusual for a Holla Forumsoperation

Hearty kek had as I didn't catch on to what you meant when you said "coincidences would be marked" until the last sentence there.

These are a good idea. I imagine using a RasbPi Zero or similar, powered by solar, these could work well. I think you'd want the Wifi's "Login Portal" equivalent (first page opened thing) to redirect to a web page listing the contents of the Pirate Box.

why are you not innovating to make it not get taken down.
Give Solutions to problems…not just problems and thats it.

If it doesn't connect to the internet, that is uninteresting.

When I was a lot younger (like 12 years ago), I dared hack APs and placed three open hotspots in my city labeled "free internet". I used mini-itx boards with a wifi dongle connect to the hacked AP and another one acting like an AP itself.

One in my street tied to a lamppost, one in my school hidden in the bathroom fake ceiling, one in my dad's store in downtown.

The free hotspot featured a page that required a login which was in the screen itself, but it had a lot of interesting downloads visible in that first page. Think like going down the rabbit hole.

It didn't take long for law enforcement to be called and take them down, because nadzis.

But offering free internetz attracts a bunch, that lesson remains.

This. Most people who work at campuses/highschools/libraries are tech illiterate faggots depending on where you live.

fuck off you kike

A lot of that depends on how well you know the place you'll be putting in a more permanent installation. You'll have to know the layout and know whether or not anyone regularly goes to it and cleans it or inspects it.

I live exactly next door to a hotel. I know everyone who works at that hotel and I know the cleaning staff. Well enough to know them all on a first name basis and can sit down to a drink or some coffee with them. That is a great advantage to me as I can set something up in the hotel and use the hotel's power to keep it alive forever. I live in a major tourist city (New Orleans), so I'm able to spread information to people who will only be here for a weekend and can take the information back with them and spread it further - should they be so inclined.

If you have an advantage like that, use it.

News flash.
This is already in use.
This is legal
This can be hosted on your phone
…Next jew argument

You can always test it. Put together a simple box with a AA battery and an led. Nothing more. Put it in the place you think would be good for a p.box and check on it every day for a couple of weeks.

If it remains untouched, that's your spot.

That's why we're discussing this. Through discussion and pointing out flaws in each others ideas, we move forward. Right now, I think the main issue is having the piratebox somehow satisfy all three of the following conditions

1) be easy to hide for extended periods of time
2) be able to run off a sustainable power source
3) doesn't require the user to physically stay with it

Closest I can think of is something with a strong signal and a solar panel being hidden on a roof, I suppose. And that has its own set of problems.

This is an excellent idea! Use roughly the same dimensions as the actual box.

Does anybody know a solution for the "shitting up the sd card with useless things" problem?

Speaking of hotels, you know how there are those guys who put Gideon Bibles in every hotel room? What about something like that? A more low-tech option to be sure.

I have 2 problems around here. Disproportionate number of homeless and 70% nigger population. Anything I leave in a public place has a damn good chance of ending up in a pawn shop. So I have to scout hard for places to put dead drops that (1) can be found easily and (2) not be stolen.

I didn't even know the Gideons were still around. Haven't seen a bible in a hotel for years, but it's something to consider.

I would like to make a mile long sized antenna to experiment using low unused frequencies as carrier wave.

How can I get started?

I have a basic understanding of electronics, like I can fix a blown capacitor in a motherboard, I know the colors of resistors and stuff like that.

My idea would be to make two very long antennas to use frequencies below 9khz. How can I build an effective transceiver and connect it to a serial port?

Just have to make sure you check on it. On a long enough timeline, the only things people will use it for is to share porn. It's like writing on a bathroom wall. No matter how elegant your statement may be, someone will eventually draw a dick on it.

Can't you just make it read-only? There's no benefit to allowing other people to upload stuff. Just have it geared up with short bite-sized redpill stuff for normies and leave it at that.

Honestly, is there even a point in doing this in somewhere that's so incredibly non-white? It'd be like putting up "stop white genocide" posters at a black college. Who's the audience? What's the point?

I was just in Vegas a month ago for a convention, and my room had one of those bibles. Not sure how common they are or if anyone else looks at them, but it's still an idea. Could just get some presentable-looking hardback books and line the pages with redpill materials.

How would I have moderator powers? There are no accounts or anything. Once you deploy it, youre just a regular user no?

Tourists. Hell, just during Mardi Gras this city's population nearly triples. We have festivals and touristy shit all year long. They come in and can take information back out and spread it where they live.

Idea
wire it to something that generates revolutions as in RPMS a fan.
an electric fan is a small generator.

If you can get in the drop ceiling and wire it up without people knowing.

A box, that no [s]reasonable [/s]white man would touch.
just put Sticker on it?

yep put a hazard sticker on it.

Watch out for the FCC. Even the low unused frequencies are watched. Also, don't accident onto a military or police band. You'll have to check your local bands to see what's used by whom. Should be an easily findable site that will tell you.

The idea of using these things at big public events is tantalizing. We could quadruple our chances of actually giving someone a redpill that they'll ingest as opposed to, say a bus stop in some small city.

This is a good idea. Shitty little colleges and research groups are always doing gay social projects. Just attach something explaining it's emitting a frequency for birds or some bullshit.

Of course, the single best possible way to put this shit everywhere is to be the guy who sets up LAN for company's internal network. I know places like Habitat for Humanity and other low-end organizations are always looking for low cost contractors for their office stuff.

It does work. I can't tell you the number of tourists here during Carnival who were wearing MAGA hats and shirts. They're one of the reasons I started thinking USB dead drops.

Operations are already under way.

I just had an idea, I can use a soundcard for it, It is easy to limit the frequencies of it and I could use a simple sound amplifier to feed the transmitting antenna. But how to amplify the receiving signal?

Also, how to make a mile long antenna that can be carried everywhere? Coiling it will cause inductances to build up, it is not possible to roll the wire, building a panel of very thin wires up and down would do the trick?

Subvert.pw seems to be a great site for that purpose but it has not been updated or fleshed out at all since its inceptions and there are only a few meh articles up. I agree though that the success of redpill boxes will depend entirely on the curation of the best propaganda material for normies. As far as cost is concerned, unless you have a lot of disposable income buying a the hardware to use once and then dispose of after leftists find it is pretty wasteful, honestly I would just keep one in a backpack or suitcase and sit down in a coffee shop or a library for a few hours while studying, doing homework, or shitposting, no one is going to try and search your bags and if you disable it an hour or so before you leave no one will catch on that it is you, this way you can reuse the redpill box over and over instead of blowing ~$60 to maybe redpill a few people for a few hours before some shitlib steals your hardware.

Carrying a mile long antenna would be a seriously strange thing to do. All I can think of, and this is a spectacularly silly idea, is a bunch of balloons where the strings are actually antennae.

That's pretty much my plan for now. Setting up dead drops and also spending time in public parks or coffee shops around town. My portable p.box is a lenovo n22 that allows people to connect, but gives all the appearances of me just sitting around working on a term paper or just browsing CNN or something.

I like the idea of USB dead drops in hotels, akin to gideon bibles, but the issue I see the guatemalan cleaning lady just pocketing that shit.

I wish to make it as long range as possible while using legal frequencies, frequencies below 9khz are free to use:

https:// upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/df/United_States_Frequency_Allocations_Chart_2011_-_The_Radio_Spectrum.pdf

But such frequencies are only usable by building silly-long antennas, it seems, that's why nobody uses them.

How can one build a silly-long antenna which works and can be carried around?

What about just putting up stickers with QR codes linking to appropriate content?

You can make a signal reflector assembly pretty easily with aluminum foil and cardboard in a concave shape around the antenna.

If you have a site for people to connect to, that works. I have a couple of sites I need to set up, but I'm a terrible web designer, so it would end up looking like a geocities page from the 90s or some goofy BBS (like pic).

Yep that would be a good idea.

>mfw we cyber noaw

I'm unsure on their availability (last I checked they could not meet demand), but Rasperry Pi Zero's would probably be perfect for this. They're fucking tiny and consume very little power (battery operation = easy).

Only concern would be powering a WiFi dongle on them. Anyone tried this?

You could literally build a little pocketbox. ~$5USD a pop.

raspberrypi.org/products/pi-zero/

Note that RasbPi are cucked as fuck, but I think it would be ever funnier if their devices were being used for things they don't approve of.

Could it be possible to avoid getting tracked via triangular measuring by making the signal strength fluctuate through time?

Naturally, it would fail if the measurement was done from 3 points in the same moment but I doubt one would do it like that.

There might be something to this, but I'm illiterate about using existing machinery to provide power. For example, will that generate enough power? How can we tap into the fans anyway?

Good thinking outside the box though user.

The only reason for anyone to try to find you is if you're disseminating illegal information. Fortunately for those of us in the US, information isn't illegal. Well, most information, anyway. If you want to give out State secrets or anything of that nature, then you're definitely going to want to hide well and stay on the move.

Have you ever scanned one, or seen a real person do that in public? I doubt it. No, this idea has so much potential because free wifi sparks interest very easily.

Well tell us then how you deal with the problems discussed so far.
gyo.tc/1GbTK
About the used technology. Would this work?

additionally, you would need
-Usb wireless adapter
-Micro usb power supply
-SDHC sd card
Can somebody recommend places to buy?

Sheeit, maybe even volunteers too?

Hell yeah, volunteers too. If you know anything about networks, they'd love to have you in there.

Logically lacking. It's unlikely as it is to get normalfags "stumbling upon" Holla Forums and any entry-level redpilling sites that aren't controlled opposition like infowars or aut-right, you really think someone wandering around an urban center is going to randomly check wifi availability at some random place in an age of cell data plans that work, see "user's ebin piratebox :DDDDD" on the list, and decide "that's a good thing to connect to"?

Stop typing like a faggot.

This is the opposite of a good thing, nigger. Universities are pozzed, but class is meant for learning, not being a millenial faggot staring at your phone or fagbook and browsing the internet while ignoring the lesson.

Honeypot idea.

does anyone have any good reading material for putting a basic image board on your small server?

Piratebox developer here, you are very wrong about mesh networking. It costs $10 for a pi zero w and we're testing mesh features with that – the current best mesh model is a $25 Gl-Inet. I'm very excited to see piratebox thread on Holla Forums and I'm going to read the whole thread just wanted to post here saying $300 per node is RIDICULOUS and you have no idea what you're talking about.

Btw we have an IRC.

Welcome to the thread, faggot. Try reading before you post next time.

I'm sold on the idea of making a pirate box to share uni test solutions and mix in some redpills once it becomes popular but we need to think up some catchy wifi names to gather everyone's attention. Bare in mind that most people who go to uni just set up their computers/phones to auto connect to uni wifi and forget about it so whenever something goes wrong and someone needs to reconnect manually it needs to look legitimate and attractive, perhaps funny?

What are your thoughts?

Pic is from a pre-cuckening 4chan

Just disable the upload service droopy.

Shut the fuck up kike. Try actually refuting a point, if you can.

Regional mesh networks are a work in progress and are viable at $1 per kilometer. Next gen wifi technology will be 10000x more efficient and we'll be able to blanket cities with p2p networks no problem. I'm building a mixed reality mesh net project currently in LA, search Hackaday for AVALON.

Wrong.

The legit wifi of my school is literally just hotspot, all lower case. I don't think you should try to imitate the legit thing, because that would probably annoy the IT department and they would ruin your shit.
Maybe a unique and instantly identifiable brand name of our own?

Some screens

>qsl.net/dl4yhf/speclab/vlf_rcvr.htm

I wonder if a version of tinyboard would work for these pirateboxes

Without giving too much away, the slogan of my uni has something to do with light and education so I'm thinking of calling mine the Path of Light, Holla Forumsacks will know straight away and it's educational looking enough for hapless normies. Also for our purposes, what would be better to use, a router or rasPi?

I feel like updating this photo. What would I replace the mask with, if anything, and what would you say the major boards helping now are?

Where do you get your equipment from? In my country a shitty raspPi costs 50$+

Is it possible to change the appearance of the mainsite with mods?

Isn't that what vichan (8ch.pl) runs on? Could ask czaks.

I live in USA and order stuff online.
Also SSH into box and go to where the piratebox www folder is and simply change where the redirect symlinks to.

This is the question

are you thinking about that? I see the screenshots in
and I see plain vanilla chat.
live anonymous skype type video chat would be a nice addon

Not even on the same continent user.

A slow transceiver like that could connect pirateboxes from cities far away and let them sync content.

Or we could cobble together a very simple design which anons could make to chat outside of the internet.

See this website … when you load it lots of fluffy stuff come together, we could instead create a program that has that fluffy stuff like layout and colors built-in and just transmits bzipped and encrypted messages.

I wonder what kind of antenna and amplifier would be needed to make the signal cross the atlantic.

We could use VHF radios (think pirate-HAM) to have simplex or even duplex communications over non-trivial distances. There are many HAMfags out there dabbling in Packet Radio, but FCC regs are a bit stringent about encryption over the air.
I would also like to plug my proposal (see my pic) so we can find eachother at events (riots, speeches, gatherings)

you have no idea how slow those connections are user. Far, far to slow to be of any practical use for such purposes.
ask the navy
alexanderson alternator is a good place to start

packet is pretty slow compared to modern dial up user. I didn't stutter user, I said dial-up is faster than HAM packet (usually 2400 baud). There are other methods some are not legal to make the long hops that LOS (line of sight) microwave won't bridge.
I like 14.230mHz slowscan for lulz

You know THAT is actually pretty cool idea. If it is portable like that you could disguise it, hide it somewhere for the day, then pick it up later. In this way it comes and goes. In different locations it would be way WAY harder to find. But the ultimate trip would be a timer or something so it shuts itself off after an hour or two.

That way you would not have to worry about it being traced while you are gone. you can come back and pick it up when it is not sending out a signal that says, "here I am"

Hey dev-kun, I've been looking through the installation manual and I'm wondering if it wouldn't be easier to use a pi3 since it comes with a 802.11n wireless out of the box. Is it not supported at the moment?

The police I dealt with while turning in a shitskin for breaking and entering were pretty adamant about security protocols, and I know the CISO at my credit union and he has his shit together including training employees in security protocols, I was just speaking from experience but it might be the exception more than the rule.

It's even better if you have a kid. Nobody searches diaper bags. I don't know why, but they seem immune to searches. I used to take beers into the ball park to see the 'Stros play ($8 beer? Fuck that.) and that diaper bag never once got searched. Caveat: This stops working when your kid is old enough to drive.

bump for this question
bump for next commie protest in my city

When your kid is old enough to drive, have them carry the diaper bag.

Do not fucking do this. At least make your fucking piratebox board act as a filtration process preferrably with it's own, seperate meme culture and have a screening/initiation process to prep them for lurking and mass redpilling before they come in.

I'm pretty sure there's an image for it, see the piratebox.cc raspberry pi diy section.

Yeah I found it, same image for 2 and 3. It just confused me for a moment since it wasn't included in the stuff you need list.

I agree with the other anons, we don't want mass-migration into this place. It's great lurking here because you guys are so hostile to foreigners, and the board culture stays intact.

if bux were not an issue a solar powered mini blimp might be feasible as a platform. Or possibly use a quadcopter to place and retrieve a battery powered unit on top of power poles.
move it from pole to pole in the dark of night

For a temporary solution you could perhaps have it in a car, wired to the battery of course. On the project, I had heard of an "alternative internet" where basically every house(close enough to connect to one another) would have one of these, to which they would connect to one another and share data that way.

/pole/

148.8Mhz is outside of the legal 2m "ham band".The 2m band is 144-148.000Mhz.

148-150Mhz is actually the Department of Defense's allocation
If your trying to be off the radar thats one of the last fucking places I would hang out.
Also any ham gear you get will have to be modified to work out side of the legal ham bands.

Packet on Uhf/Vhf is normally 1200baud. On HF its normally 300baud. And you have tons of AX.25 overhead.Like another 25% on top of the payload. Lots more can come in to play because packet allows for timesharing on a single channel. So just sending this post might take 60-90 seconds. Your only sending basic ASCII message.Forget about images or anything above that.

Here is a good site with a run down of modern digital modes.
wb8nut.com/digital/

With modern DSP some of them can do amazing things. Stuff like Olivia can work right in the noise floor. People make contacts across the globe on 5watts and a long wire.

I was saying it should be used for SHTF, not general use. Lol, but thats good to know, should probably add a disclaimer.

The normies aren't going to read PDFs and shit.

The only thing that you could do with them is name the access point something that will get the college cucks mad, such as "President Trump", and put a bunch of Trump and Pepe memes in it.

They will scramble to find the pirate box to shut it down and it will cause a shitstorm that will probably go on the news. You could get a few laughs out of it and that's it.

I'm working with a friend to design just that, if it's successful we'll attempt to deploy it - I'm curious what components your group had already completed.

Well in SHTF that band will be lit up with national guard and who ever is patrolling the streets.

If your looking for a low key place to hang out then check the 220Mhz ham band. Its been almost completely abandoned by US hams. Most old fuds don't have gear to even listen there so you don't have to worry about wanabe radio cops.
And It never caught on with commercial or public safety so there is zero risk of getting nailed for interfering with government agency's

my apologies, I thought the top speed for packet was 2400.
JT65A is another below the noise floor protocol

what do you call a Holla Forums hotspot on a pole?

Probably replace the mask with Pepe and the top boards that are allied with us are still Holla Forums, /k/ and Holla Forums for the most part. You could probably include /hwndu/ if you wanted to but that might trigger some people.

But the average person has internet access, and at least in the ZOG vast majority aren't afraid of being locked up for what they read. It's a fun project to prepare for the approaching day when the Etenral Jew makes "hate speech" illegal on the net even inside The Zog (as always, THE Zog is US Gubment, a ZOG can be anything gubment in the West).

I still subscribe to Dr. Pierce's theory on lemmings. If people won't bother looking for truth on their own home net connection, why would they sort wading into it on shit most probably don't understand? It's a good project for those so inclined, but I still maintain the best use of time for propaganda is good video editing. "With Open Gates" had almost 20 million hits worldwide. That one video could well have the difference in Trump winning and Brexit.

It's a fun project for those into such stuff and might well be needed for even basic communication. But the average lemming who doesn't understand the net isn't going to read something on a Wifi they are afraid of if they won't on their own home router and modem.

Yeah, those of us doing STEM in uni will enjoy this little project. Plus if you set the password to something that only Holla Forumsacks would know it could be a good way of forming local but still anonymous cells, better than homosexual pool parties at any rate.

If you work at one, install one when everyone is gone

That's the biggest value I see in projects like pirate boxes. People learn what the tech can do in the real world and develop the skills to deploy it.

Its like HF radio. You can buy a $1500 radio and stash it in your bunker for "SHTF" day. But if you don't spend the time to learn the tech and master the bands then that radio might as well be a paper weight.

I'd think just leaving usb sticks around would be smarter over all. Less expensive, and no risk of getting caught due to needing to recharge the battery.

Judging by what's coming out of Vault 7, a lot of STEM fags are going to be needed for even basic communication when SHTF day comes. Assange has only released 1% of it so far. I wish he were in an embassy more powerful than Ecuador, because you can bet ZOG is working night and day to find a way to shud it down. Hopefully he had Pam Anderson smuggle out a few USB Flash Drives stuck up her snatch. I'm waiting for the evidence of the CIA directly spying on the Us public so Trump has reason enough to clean out the entire Deep State rat's nest.

Since 9/11, look at what's happened to property values in places near Arlington. There's an entire fucking new class of ZOG Deep State contractors/shills now living off Gubment's tit. Entire place needs to be sealed off with tanks and 50 sturdy men with shotguns go block by block, house by house and pull all the Jews and their collaborators out from under desks and spill their brains all over.

Lincoln is only a "hero" now because he won, really based on pure luck. If things had gone a bit differently at Gettysburg, really down to one charge, and he'd have been the last president of "the Union" and a disgrace. Point? history only looks kindly on you if you win. going to be a race to see who goes down first: Trump or (((them))) and their shabbos goy.

You're really a fucking degenerate shitbag. Inb4 "White Knight," this is an entire new level of fucking degeneracy, no better than a nigger rapist. If I had a daughter and you pulled this sort of shit, I'd kill your family in front of you, then you, then myself. The worst characteristics of a nigger and Jew put together. I don't believe you're White, this is the kind of shit Arabs pull on white women in Europe. Scum of the earth.

Just looked over the list of needed items and I have everything on the list. Having a personal network is a very appealing idea. So much better than hosting a website online. Your own network with which to fill in any way you want with whatever you want and all you have to do is shut it down and its gone. No footprint of any kind. Just sit in a library with it on in your backpack and see what happens. Lurk in a chat on your own private network. Anyone who stumbles onto you will be intrigued so they will obviously engage. Just hope someone doesn't upload a shitload of CP

Normies look at pictures

can you do this with an old android phone?

plug it into a usb socket behind another legit device, like a pc or tv.
most ports remain powered on, even when the main device is turned off.

you could even just just duct tape it somewhere hidden until the battery runs out

It just needs to be rooted and the older it is the shittier the battery, would need a power bank too and to kill every unnecessary process so it can run longer.

Just did it to moto g, added irc server and upnp media server, modified the i18n messages to mention the upnp and irc address and port. Decent range too.

I know there's /polarchive/ but do we have a torrent of redpills? It's taking time downloading the images and adding to folders, also adding some ripped videos from youtube.

But couldn't a low frequency carrier wave carry a lot of data? As far as I know the only issue is having a full wavelength antenna which captures the whole wave and then a faster ADC decodes the signal embedded.

Maybe we should use AM? As AM uses a much narrower bandwidth than FM. It seems AM can instead carry a lot of data never mind the fixed frequency.

No, we can't go the kw zone, that was when receivers were very shitty. We have things like JT65 connected to soundcards now as another user pointed out. The problem with that is that it would take hours to download a single image.

No. The maximum theoretical data rate for a given carrier is f/2. Look up the Shannon-Nyquist sampling theorem.

Ahn, mucho thank you.

You should kill yourself for raising a degenerate daughter who would be susceptible to blackmail. Real fucking simple to avoid that whole blackmail thing, you know? Just don't do degenerate shit that you are afraid could be used against you. Teach your daughter that.

Ok, I got it, because if you are using FM you need at least two different distances between two different waves to make bits 0 and 1. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Now, that makes those crappy 2db monopole wifi antennas work. They get the tip of the signal to read and answer back the tip of the signal because that is all they can spit out.

Now bear with me, since I can't post pictures let's go ascii art about it. This is two waves:
_ _ / \ / \/ \ / \ \ / \ / \_/ \_/
Two waves like those that we use to make for a single bit.

Now instead of using a crappy antenna, let's use a good dipole which pushes out the entire wave.
Let's low the frequency to a mere 1488 Hz, that's a good number any Holla Forumslack would agree and is legal to use world-wide without a license, but using traditional method (two waves for one bit) it would give us 744 baud, which is arpanet level speeds. It is good to give a command: "Cap. Thomas, you are clear to engage. Gal. Smith". It is not good to give Captain Thomas a map to which flank is weaker or something like that. This is inefficient and will cause Captain Thomas unnecessarily spend men and resources.

Now, instead of using two waves for every bit, let's say I make the wave a continuous signal from my soundcard and its output is hooked to the input of a transistor, now that transistor is switched on and off by the serial port effectively slicing out the wave as it goes out, the first two letters from the message (Ca) then may look like this (the last two slices are mere error correction, so we let them on for now):
/ / / / / \_/ \_/
This got us from two waves to make one bit to two waves transporting 16 bits. Our bandwidth improvement is 744 * 16 = 11904 baud, which is 1990 BBS level data rates and enough to send a crude GIF to Captain Thomas telling more interesting details.

Of course we are limited by the quality of the antennas and the quality of the transistor which slices the waves. It would be stupid to try to slice 2.4GHz signals because hardware for that would be outrageously expensive, but working with such low frequencies a sound card, amplifier, transistors, wires and soldering iron would be doable. This is off-the-shelf stuff.

The receiving signal could be somehow filtered and sent directly to the serial port, but that drives us to the real headache.

There is one last detail, our antenna should measure 201613 meters divided into two parts.

Because we are talking about world-wide communicaton, we cannot use a half-duplex time-slice system like wifi (message arrival times will vary wildly), we need to go full duplex, so we have to double that number of meters.

Which finally drives us to the thorny question:

Is it possible to 3D print a micrometer-sized capilar, fill it with a superconductor like nitrogen or helium and supercool it?

How to distribute the wire of such an antenna so it works efficiently (how the capilar should be built, zig-zag, circle, square)?

If the laying space for a wire would be 10 micrometers, we would need a panel measuring 2 square meters per antenna and we would need the capilar to be supercooled and very near the surface so the signal could spread out.

Considering this investment, we should then invest in a professional waveform and good ICs to get that bandwidth at least in the megabit range.

What do you guys think about it? Is it real in your minds?

This is the weak link in your chain. If you do a Fourier transform of that signal you'll find infinite waves of higher frequency and maximum amplitude that by virtue of aliasing just kill everything and you're left with zero throughput.

Let's see if I understood:

My setup would create an incredible amount of noise in the 11904Hz frequency and would not be picked up by the receiving antenna tuned at 1488Hz?

Suffice to say that you can't be faster than the sample rate, and you'll just bring the signal to 0. If you're interested in learning the reason why, and what actually happens, by all means do it. As the more learned anons have guessed I'm just a noob myself.

Is that a hard barrier like say the speed of light? Has someone proved it? I understand the limitation if you use two full waves to signal 0 or 1. But how about altering the wave shape somehow to carry more data?

Did someone try to use RF in creative ways to extract more bandwidth from a tiny slice of spectrum?

Another idea: The shape could be changed from a sinus to a triangle, that would permit to cut by half the number of waves used to carry the same information. A sinus could be zero, a triangle could be one.

If we could use intermediary shapes, say sinus and triangle shapes mixed in four different proportions to create the wave, we could encode 4 bits in a single wave, thus increasing 8x our throughput when compared to the traditional methods.

But I don't know what IC could be used to make something like that.

Idea: we build a bunch of then over time and deploy en masse. Waves of right wing pirate boxes appear at times we set. We then report back after to track what towns/areas have been hit. Tgsnt, being played on so many devices at once… to quote some nigger, "I have a dream"

Most got here through Holla Forums on 4chan, and then eventually to 4pol (or its previous incarnations) and then to 8pol. We came to accept it because we already knew about niggers and jews, or from board culture. Not because some autist made a wifi network hosting a PDF copy of Mein Kamph

also interested for this reason

from reading your posts I would suggest you investigate 2 things;
1. How a carrier wave is modulated to carry information, there are many methods. FM, AM, QAM etc… As user pointed out the Nyquist theorem has held up so far as a limit on how much information can be carried by a wave.

2. How an antenna actually radiates and receives energy. You need to learn what the terms near field and far field mean in antenna theory.

There's a piratebox android app that you people might like, although I'm not sure if you want it.

piratebox dot cc/android

I've heard about pirate box before. They're really cool.

This might seem like a stupid question, but if you have to put a 3G card in it, doesn't that have to be regisitered to your name when you buy it/lease the mobile data? Or am I missing something…

the pi zero w comes with wireless too.
raspberrypi.org/products/pi-zero-w/

seems like a great piratebox if the sdcard can also be used as storage for the web servers files.
pizw, sdcard, charger+cable, done. it's like $20 is you poorfag it up with a thift store wall charger.

Someone should make an infographic on this

yep, I thought about doing this around protests, have it go through a burner 4g hotspot and run sslstrip, steal all of their passwords and ID each of them. You can even passively sniff the traffic to id MAC addresses. Go to a few in your area and you can find your regular protesters. Driving around you could find them in your car, you get the idea.

No, you don't have to use a cellular modem, it works perfectly well on just wifi

I found this, it seems you could ULTRA poorfag it up and leech it off some poor library computer, or whatever else, with just a cable. maybe less if you can reliably under clock it
raspi.tv/2017/how-much-power-does-pi-zero-w-use

you're missing a lot, the device has no internet access. the device acts as a web server for the chan, file hosting, and chat deal along with it doing the work of a router/DNS server for the access point and redirecting you to the website it's hosting, when you connect to it you're just on its' network.

Nice

>raspi.tv/2017/how-much-power-does-pi-zero-w-use

To what usage could we compare running our chat/file server with potentially about 50 users at the same time?

anything that lets you do concurrent threads, jmeter, aira2, script it

Honestly I think the wifi would tap out long before 50 users

elaborate why.

Not him but: most USB adapters support max of 8 clients connected in AP mode.

Isn't that a big problem for uses such as campuses and festival like events? would using routers as a base solve the problem?

Makes you think.

wrong thread

Anyone who dismisses any sort of anonymous broadcasting of information is either a shill or full retard.
Nothing to lose, everything to gain.

Even consumer access points usually have trouble around 20

those ones don't use usb, they use bigger, more expensive radios, and multiple

What do companies like starbucks etc. use?

commercial grade wifi access points start around $200 and go up into a couple thousand depending on brand and capabilities

Thank you for the input, I'm researching the subject before getting my hands dirty.

The theorem holds specifically for time-bound methods - which are most of them - as far as I know.

I'm trying to hack something that is not time-bound hence the slicing of the carrier wave. I agree however that such slicing would cause enormous noise in other frequencies, because this ain't ham slicing after all.

Another approach would be to start with a transceiver that can output fat and thin sine waves alternately. Such a transceiver doesn't seem to exist, so it takes some work to get such a circuit working in the kilobit range.

We are fortunate to live at a time that custom kilobit rate communications equipment is something that can be done by an amateur in a shed.

Thank you, that is a whole subject in itself.

I did a little research on the antenna issue and it seems to be possible to make a 3D printer which can create a very thin cuprate wire, that should then be placed in a liquid nitrogen bath and alas, we have a superconducting - and stupidly long - antenna.

Both things are possible to acquire locally, except if we wish to not be refilling the liquid nitrogen every few hours. The refrigerator for it is more expensive than all the rest combined and I wonder how much electricity it would suck. But on the bright side, we don't have a crazy impedance to win over, so no kw-range RF power is needed.

But this is a secondary issue after creating a DAC/ADC which can identify different wave shapes. Ideally we would produce 256 different shapes and transmit a whole byte per wave. That would result in like: 8888Hz * 8 = 71104kbps, which is better than the modems used by 1996. Because we are using a single frequency, it will be even better if we use 8889Hz, 8890Hz, etc. all in parallel and there we reach megabit-level data transmission with a low frequency and very small spectrum usage.

Pi zero is small enough to be hidden inside a double-sided wall socket.

There are plenty of those behind panels/photos/blackboards/extinguishers in public buildings.

You can also open the plastic cover of an air-conditioner to hide it inside. Wifi transceivers work much better under a cool environment (up to 40% more sensitivity and signal strength), so be careful about the position you put it.

Get a pair of leather gloves to protect yourself from shocks and be very careful to not short anything. I have messed with live wires plenty of times in my life, it is doable, you just have to be careful and very slow while working them.

Don't let power wires exposed, you must insulate everything so they don't interfere with your setup, you can use a glue gun for it or lots of tape. The bright side of doing things this way is that it will take longer for people to discover and deactivate it. People are generally scared of live wires.

In the end, you must be careful to put the cover back in place exactly as it was before.

You may think this is crazy, but certain places in certain hours don't see a single soul in there, ie. my college used to stay open on caturdays, but the only building that saw movement was the professor's. You could enter a room anywhere and nobody would come by for hours. But you being there at odd hours will be a remembered event by staff, so you can fit your PI with a timer to enable the AP only say, after 10 days. Also PIs don't have RTC, you can fit an RTC in its I/O bus, some RTCs come with programmable on/off switches, you can let it on during school hours and it turns off automagically at night.

You can do that in a cinema room too, there are movies nobody sees, so pay to see that crap and alone you set your PI for people that are bored but have to stay in. Placing it where there are bored people is a sure fire way to hook some of them. If it is in a shopping mall that is even better because the owner may think the signal is coming from a neighbor.

I'd like to know a little more about this…
For instance, can I customize the start page?
Being the administrator of the network, can I allow only downloads and not uploads?
Can I eliminate the chat and send everyone right to the imageboard?
What's the file size limit on the imageboard? I would want to put up TGSNT and a few holohoax documentaries. My USB drive can handle all the content, but can I embed it so a potential viewer can watch it without downloading the file?
People with phones aren't going to want to download the whole file to watch TGSNT. Can they watch it from the imageboard in mp4 embeds?

I really want to do this, just have some questions first. I live in a dense area and with a directional antenna, I can hit the high school. Redpilling a few thousand kids and pissing off their teachers and probably making the news. Could use a little help.

Or if anyone has a way to do this and just redirect them to a few videos without the chatbox/imageboard, I'd like to kow. I can fully fund this project within reason.

Protip: vinyl/latex disposable gloves don't hide fingerprints well.

You wouldn't even need to hide it and leave it. Just put it in a backpack and walk/hang around a public place. Anons can become walking red pill dispensers without even saying a word.

This could be the next frontier of propagandizing.

Here's my concern…
You connect to the network and you're directed to a page that explains what it is and I think at that point, you'd lose normies.
Does anyone know how to take them directly to an embedded playable video instead of the chatbox?
At the very least, does anyone know if the start page is customizable?

Would love to have it so when someone connects and opens their browser, it goes to With Open Gates. I could easily reach 10,000 people with a directional antenna from where I live. I just think you'd lose about 75% of everyone at the startup page. Just cut the bullshit and have either the imageboard with embedded videos or have it go straight into streaming video of With Open Gates. Would also need to be able to change the video.

if you have the know how ,or enough shekels, you can do/change everything you just said to whatever you want. it's under GNU GPLv3 so go crazy and make a fork.

what about nitrile, mechanics gloves, or glove inserts?

thats some beyond tryhard level whiteknight rage right here.

also,

back to the cuck shed with you.

This is fun and all and I'd love to build my own piratebox as a fun little project, but this thread doesn't address the big problem; 99% of the population does not give a shit about anything. I've tried to give very mild redpills to people, and no one cares. They all get this empty and dead look in their eyes when you try to talk to them about anything that's not facebook drama or mainstream entertainment.

It can be customized - it's just a php file.

So, from what I'm understanding (and I know very VERY little about computers, just where the cords go), it's a piratebox that basically father's info from anyone who connects to the network?

I'll put piratebox from fdroid on my old droid 4 next time I go to the library. I'll turn it in as a lost phone and have a friend pick it up in a few days.
I have tons of crap I can fill it with already.

brilliant. tell us how it goes.

I know what that's like, but who gives a shit? you keep trying and either it finally clicks or they live in denial for ever. who cares we only need to red pill those that can be reached anyway. some of them can't be set free and some of them like things the way they are. so you just have to keep going

kinda like drug rehab, only about 24% of people that go to rehab ever stay clean and work on getting better. I say fuck the majority! I only care about the ones who can be saved.

what about battery life?

There is alot of documented material on how to do this get reading.

double layer of latex gloves and try to avoid plastic impressions, should be good.
If paranoid burn all the clothes you used and scatter the ashes in moving natural water system.
t. was never caught

Only works if you're brown, user…

they tried to slide this thread

Just stick it in your jacket and walk the fuck around big events. You're a traveling redpill distributor.

You have the right idea.Big picture. Localized mesh networks. now add to that idea. what if a battery/solar version was placed on an outbound 18wheeler headed for another city? what about a slowband version that stores and forwards by hiding conn to someone's residential phone box. dials up foriegn mesh for xfer at 3am.
there are ways to low cost build interesting networks.
i didnt want to post about this openly but that resi idea would be very useful in a SHTF situation. hidden under? Normie Ted's mcmansion and wired to the telco and power.
encrypted. callin restrict by time. spoke distribution of stored data to 5? locations and then silent.

Old autist.

I got myself a Pi3 and set up a piratebox but due to my ineptitude when I try to change the start page the version I want shows up for like a second then reverts to default. Also I still have to set up proper storage but that's just a matter of buying a 64gig USB. Also the Romoss battery pack I've got will make the piratebox last for hours so it's perfect for a long day at college.

If nothing else though, should the chans and internet free speech be suppressed in some way, we'll have a viable local alternative that can't be taken down.

Isn't a serious danger with having it in your backpack or jacket just somebody using Wifi Analyzer on their phone and walking right up to you based on signal strength? Immediately followed by reeee-ing as they discover a thought criminal.