Action oriented game

This bullshit needs to stop.

I disagree, I think we need more stats, not less.

But how about a compromise, accuracy can affect critical hit rate, ok?

why

This is the only iteration of accuracy(that i've seen anyway) that actually makes sense, yes,

In RPGs, yes
In action games, no

Most of the games that have this are ARPGs.
An ARPG still works respecting RPG rules, if the devs decide that accuracy is a thing, then it'll be a thing, period.

You can't cry about casualization in video games and then demand LESS stats from ARPGs when it's inconvenient to you, that's the defnition of utter hypocrisy.

Someone is having its first Morrowind play thru huh?

Truth is fps need to stop with the stat bullshit and go back to easy-to-learn hard-to-master gameplay, and RPGs should have more interesting stats strength and Dex are so fucking boring holy shit

ARPGs are inherently retarded (i realize this is an unpopular opinion)
the ARPGs that are good are good for reasons totally unrelated to combat

imagine dark souls having an accuracy stat.

second.

i hate all shooters where the guns make enemies bleed numbers instead of actually putting effort into hit effects and hit zones

Dark Souls.

Stats are casual as all fuck. They allow people to look up minmaxed builds online and mindlessly steamroll games they otherwise would have been unable to beat. anyone can google stats then apply them to their character, not everyone has the execution necessary to advance in games that don't rely on simply making numbers bigger to win.

Isn't that what Morrowind did?

RPG games should rely on abstraction and RNG instead of player's skills, they're mandatory. Dank Souls is about as RPG as Borderlands, maybe less.

The only action aspect in Morrowind is managing your distance from enemies.

Not exactly. It doesn't rely on the action-based skills of the player, but rather their skill in managing character building and progression (typically through abstraction of their attributes as stats), as well as the decision-making based on their builds in the game's different scenarios (combat, dialogue, etc). RNG isn't really a necessity, but adds a risk-reward factor to decision making.

Dark Souls has it's combat based both on action-skills and also on how you build your character, which makes it a hybrid of sorts. I wouldn't say its RPG mechanics are quite as tacked on a Borderlands.

Still though, Dark Souls gameplay is extremely twitch based. And yes, it's less of an RPG than Borderlands. DS is between -50% and -25% on this chart.

Didn't that bullshit stop years ago? Can you name me a game that uses this that was made in the last 5 years?

Shit is horrid.

In what fucking way is Borderlands more of an RPG than Dark Souls? Having a skill tree?

Of course but they shouldn't be dependent on RNG

how about this: the target has an evasion stat with a maximum of 50, and your attack has 30 accuracy so it will subtract from 50 the first hit but will still be above 0 (20), and the second hit will take it negative meaning it will hit. The opponent's evasion is then reset with the negative number carried over to it (putting it at 40).

Dark Souls isn't much of an RPG but it is much more of one than fucking borderlands is.

numbers != RPG
character builds == RPG

By the end of the game parry/block are useless, most bosses and big enemies do attacks that you can only roll away from.

Except against the last one