Consoles can't keep up, or developer incompetence or both?

Current gen consoles can't maintain 30 fps Far Harbor, literally unplayable in some instances.

Who's to blame? The manufacturers, the devs, or both?

youtube.com/watch?v=CYpYgq-Ln_c

Other urls found in this thread:

nichegamer.com/2016/05/26/worldwide-playstation-4-sales-exceed-40-million/
archive.is/5v5bB
gog.com/forum/general/degica_bringing_caves_shmups_to_the_pc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They should stop caring about graphics and just focus on gameplay and performance. But normalfags want movies not games soo….

both.

and ya we reach the point were graphics are not gonna get super better anytime soon that part has stagnated.
its all about what can your game do now

its not the normalfags fault.
publishers tend to make safe bets on games - "how to make money and fast?"
Easy, make an epic, graphically pretty, movie-like (PG13) gaming experience.

Easy money.

And whose fault is it that making an interactive movie is financially very viable? There has to be a DEMAND for this, dumbass.

I think we ALL know who's really to blame for this…

Its the kids.
ppl has became accustomed to it [current state of vidya], you can thanks the MGS/DMC for this, since the cutscenes were fucking awesome and ppl doesn't want to go through TRIAL and ERROR to become a better player through time and get their cutscene/gameplay reward.

I would do the same thing if i were the CEO publisher company. I would make games with 0 cultural weight without a headache to get money.

as would everyone else

I dont know why is anyone who takes gaming and games as a hobby so obsessed about the comercial(casual) side of vydia.. You dont see many profesional rally drivers bitching about how todays cars are overpriced garbage and only an idiot would buy them

theres casual market for everything .. stop caring so much, we dont have anything for them and neither do they have for us

Devs. They claimed that consoles held them back last gen, and now its clear that with more power it isn't consoles holding them back.

I don't know why devs make games that look last gen games, but use increased performance to put more things on screeen and the like. It's not like some last gen games are completely hideous, and games like Overwatch don't even look that better than TF2 9 years later.

I blame OP.

The consumers who keep asking for "prettier" games and don't care about the frame rate

Developer incompetence.

Both.

/thread

Every time I hear this song after the salt party, I can't stop but think about him.

Both.

While consoles do become more powerful with each gen, they are static platforms which cannot majorly upgraded because it would be both expensive and would interrupt manufacturing when new hardware arises, and make developing for them an even greater pain in the ass.

Dev incompetence is also a factor simply because they either cannot optimize, due to having a shit engine and what have you, or simply don't care.

This is also another part of the overall problem. While video games looking pretty is nice, performance and general functionality are needed more.

The devs, they chose to release for consoles so they should make the game run ok on that hardware.

Depends on the game, there is nothing inherently wrong with high end graphics you just need to not release on hardware incapable of running it.

Both, of course.

Lets not pretend that most developers are actually good at their craft.

It's rumored that Microsofts new console will operate at 6 teraflops. Whatever that means.

but does it have retina display ?

Both
Devs are lazy fucks and 8th gen is a small boost compared to previous gen.
And why should they give a fuck?
The consumer is already indocritaned and conditioned to buy it

nichegamer.com/2016/05/26/worldwide-playstation-4-sales-exceed-40-million/

Like an iphone or whatever? Apparently, they reached some agreement and Oculus Rift is either gonna work on it or make them their own headset if that's what you're talking about.

Like iPhone, Yes. Nothing Has Displays Made So Greatly As Apple

I'm a huge fan of the series, but the cutscenes aren't why I play the game.

It's a bit of both. The 'next gen' hardware is a fucking joke, barely a middling PC in terms of specs.

But shit hardware didn't stop devs from producing huge games before, even the 360 and PS3 had some stellar looking games on it towards the end of their lifecycle.

Lately we've had a stream of devs who just refuse to properly optimize their games. Games that look like shit running worse than last gen games with twice the graphical fidelity.

I don't know if it's a matter of time, shorter dev cycles have resulted in less time to polish the product, or a matter of new blood just not knowing how to properly optimize, but it's getting pretty fucking insane.

There's no reason Fallout 4 should be running at 20 FPS on a PS4, it definitely shouldn't be dropping down to 30 on my PC.

my fucking 5 year old pc still runs it at 60fps

why are consoles such fucking garbage?

It's gotta be the devs. They were offered a pretty big boost in power, yet barely any games seem to take advantage of it. It makes sense that Japanese devs would want to be able to offer Vita and PS3 versions, but the install base is crazy in the west, so devs over here have no excuse really.

I just want OLEDs to take off or pretty much anything that can get me more vibrant colors and deeper blacks.

Better graphics require more dev time and use system resources that could be better used on gameplay
And most devs' focus on flashiness means that even just the graphics are more style than substance, with expensive particle effects every two feet but everything slightly off the beaten path ends up being 16-bit textures on 2D surfaces

The reason we're so obsessed with the casual market ruining games is because the games we play keep getting gutted and torn apart to appeal to those fucks.

Let's look at Fallout 4 for instance. Casuals love them some Mass Effect, an RPG where they don't have to read, think about developing a character, or roleplay? Guess what has become staples of the Fallout series.

Voiced protagonist that killed any roleplay aspect of the game, a 'simplified' IE just removing it entirely skill system, and COD combat.

Consoles have NEVER been able to keep up. Why should they be expected to be capable of keeping up now?

Incompetence.

The PS4 has 8Gb of RAM.

The PS3 had 512.

If you cannot get your game to work on the PS4 you should kill yourself. Therr isn't even the Cell to blame.

Sort of new to pc building, always used consoles for the limited time I used to have. That said, when people are shelling out for builds with multiple 980ti's– what games are they doing this for and are they good games or just work well with making graphics come to the screen or both?

I can't think of any game released in the last 5 years that will go down as an all time classic.

Generally speaking there are very few games out there where buying seven ti's and putting your CPU on steroids is really necessary. Because any game that is running poorly on medium-high end tier rigs is so poorly optimized it likely won't run well on a titan either.

With modern engines it really isn't hard to make things sexy. I agree that more time should be spent on gameplay and mechanics but I don't think high end graphics take significantly more dev-time than mid level graphics.

Fuck around with UE4 and you will see what I mean, I can smash out a basic level in 2 hours and have it looking sexy as fuck in another 2, if I went for "good enough" graphics it might save me 30 minutes.

Mass effect had plenty of reading. Just look at the codex.

What is true is that voice actors limit the choices in dialogue.

But games need to make money and it is not 1999 anymore. Planescape Torment is over.

b-but the 15 fps and the bugs are a feature!

Developer incompetence. MGSV manages to get 30fps on x360 without a great deal of difference compared to the 60fps PC version of the game. All it takes is a little talent and some inhuman working conditions and any developer could achieve the same results.

It doesn't need to be, I'm not even saying we need to make something with quite that much reading. I'm using it as a general example of things getting dumbed down, directly to the detriment of the game itself, to appeal to a crowd of hapless retards who wouldn't know good game design if it bit them in the fucking ass.

Your attitude is why gaming is going to shit, letting yourself get fucked in the ass because it's 'not those days anymore GRANDPA! GET WITH THE TIMES!'

I can think of a few

3/5 of those are meme games

Contrarian as fuck m8

Statistics lie blatantly, games are still as much of a niche as they were before. In fact mobile games appeal to an audience that is so completely different from the rest that they shouldn't even be part of any gaming company's marketing platform unless they decide to devote themselves entirely to topping the big fish in that market. MMOs is essentially one monopoly and then a few niche titles, certain genres has always been small, the larger titles are not much better with only some very popular series and then the rest becomes significantly smaller in it's user base.

Form a real opinion or fuck off.

Do you have any idea how retarded you sound?

because current gen runs on 2010 hardware?

I was half expecting a "m8" towards the end of his post.

That just made me realize, most M rated games would be PG-13 if they were movies. Why is that? Shouldn't they be rated T in that case?

I like what Yakuza does; voice acting and mocap cutscenes for important story bits, text-boxes and NPC animations for side quests. Occasionally you get mocap and voice acting for sidequests, but those are not frequent.

I'd also add these.

FTL is RNG grinding garbage thought

neither, the only people to blame are the retards who actually bought a current-gen console instead of using that $400 (+$10/month) to upgrade their PC to a gaming PC.

It's a game about threat mitigation, bad shit is going to happen.

Too much RNG and grind to be enjoyable.
If you play it safe you dont get enough money to upgrade your ship and survive the next stage, being reckless either goes extremely well or extremely bad.

I mean, when you face the same goddamn ship 15 fucking times in the same playtrought and it constantly fucks your shit up no matter your strategy until everything goes down smoothly you know the games fucked.

Tension is great, but the game isnt fair at all unlike Risk of Rain.

Fallout and Mass Effect series are made by shitty devs who just didnt have much concurency in the golden era of their respective games

they never developed for gaming or players, they made it for money, or didnt love gaming enough to not fall for the money, in either case, they shouldnt be respected, they are comercial companies

stop trying to save shitty devs, stop playing shitty games made for casuals

if a dev loves gaming, he will make a great game, love the fact that other players like his work, and enjoy the game and its community

same with players, if someone loves and knows vydia, he wont play casual bullshit, wont talk about casual games since there is nothing to talk about, and he will enjoy proper content made by proper devs

you wont get rid of casuals and comercialy based companies as long as there are normalfags around, ignore them

its a fact that there is always more casual content.. more casual games .. but theres also always more normalfags than people who like something as a hobby, who have a passion for it

More likely developers. We got the tech and programming to scale the graphic in many wide variety. And the devs are still fucking with old procedure from 2007.

Uncompressed audio/mandatory full installation of all voice work in every language was a mistake

Also, cutscenes really do make a huge impact on data installs. FFXIII was between 40GB [360 version] and 60GB [Steam version with both audio tracks] because of this. The other FFXIII entries clocked in barely around 10GB since they used in-engine cutscenes.

Anyone who bought fo4 deserves it.

XBONE WINS AGAIN!

Name some devs, list some great games.

In this specific case?
It's Bethesda's fault.

There isn't a "30fps restriction" on consoles, devs choose to make that sacrifice with the point of being able to enhance other parts.

On PC you don't have to worry about that because there's scaling.

Bethesda is just absolute shit.

Fuckoff shill

Croteam and Taleworlds.
Pretty much everyone at Devolver Digital.

I would say partially that consoles are to blame but more importantly it's just general incompetence on the developer's side. The industry is full of code-monkeys but has absolutely no experts.

Now of these, which needs a sli 980ti configuration?

I am with you on Dark Souls, my memory seems to think this was released more than 5 years ago.but no it was just under. If this is all you got I suppose I won't be upgrading to zen for a long while.

Both are multiplayer-only titles. That was the basis of comparison.

However, if your focus is the element of customizable loadout, compare Titanfall to the TF2.

The point I was getting at is that Titanfall was poorly optimized to the point of farce.

It's an intertwined corporate dependency. Publishers want to keep selling spruced up versions of games they've already made until they aren't acceptably profitable and hardware manufacturers [I mean AMD/Nvidia/Intel/Imagination, etc.] want to keep you moving onto the next stuff as quickly as possible.

Actual hardware platform holders [Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo] would probably prefer LONGER hardware cycles and last generation was a good example of what happens when all the major platforms sell well and nobody feels compelled to pull the plug instead of being saddled with an under performing console. Yes, there were extenuating circumstances of the heavy losses incurred early in the gen, but the point still stands.

Jesus christ

YOU'VE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME

Has there even been a console gen that failed this hard? This is absolutely pathetic and unacceptable. I thought it was insane that people were actually defending 30 fps, now devs are taking that as an excuse to go EVEN LOWER. Unbelievable. Fucking unbelievable.

You've made this old man proud, Holla Forums.

>>>/reddit/

So the Wii U is undermined wasted potential, the Xbone is literally nothing and the PS4 is just a €350 Bloodborne machine?

If you read the stories programmers tell, you realize that publishers run the show, and they don't give a fuck about programmers. They are mostly business school grads who try to sell games like any other commodity. They treat workers like shit, put them all on temp contracts. Programming work is basically like mercenary work at this point, so no one who started the projects sticks around to finish it, meaning that those who built the game aren't the ones there to do the final tweaks.

Are you reatarded son?
Do you understand how much more complex Titanfall is in comparison to develop even if the end result was garbage?

Im not going to say its not bloated because it obviously is, but your comparison is fucking idiotic.

Jesus Christ, did I have a seizure midway?

did not imply any of those and I am sorry if you regret your purchases, I understand Intel and Nvidia shill heavily on your reddit– you probably thought you were gaining some vidya cred

Why is Todd so HOT!?

So, your argument is the following:

I wouldn't call the WiiU wasted potential. There was no potential to waste in a tablet controller considering modern devs. The most any modern dev would ever do with it is shit like showing a status screen or map, and that's if they decide to keep the tablet as unintrusive as possible.
Xbone, yeah, literally nothing going for it.
PS4, on the other hand, has a large, robust library of games it shares with at least two other platforms. Senran Kagura: Estival Versus? Also on Vita. God Eater 2? Also on PSP, Vita, and PC. New Atelier? Also on Vita. Phantasy Star Online 2? Also on Vita and PC. The list goes on and on, and the bottom line is that if you own any other system or a PC, you don't need to buy a PS4 to play its games.

I haven't owned a nintendo console since the snes. When I saw the WiiU, I thought they for sure would make a Fatal Frame game using the tablet controller as a camera that sees what the main screen does not. Did anything like that happen? I honestly don't know.

Are all the weeaboo games like disgaea and the like coming to Vita?

I think that consoles have a lot of power to them that devs aren't taking advantage of, either out of laziness or incompetence. Maybe just sheer inexperience. Part of me theorizes that systems got too powerful too fast and no one really quite knows how to take full advantage of a console's power other than shiny graphics.

Yes, they made a Fatal Frame game.

Was it good? I do not know. I doubt it.

saging for doublepost

I'm guessing you've been living under a rock or something because it's well known that the Vita is literally the weeaboo system to have. It's a weeb gold mine on par with the PSP before it. Disgaea, Atelier, Nep, Senran…. Basically, if it's a niche, JP title, it's on the Vita.

The thing is, the Wii U has a larger staple of good exclusives out of any current-gen console. 'Great' is another matter, but most of them are respectable and can't be played elsewhere.

It was, however, badly marketed at the start and failed to provide its titles early on at launch. Because of that, Nintendo look like they're crushing it prematurely thanks to their general five-year hardware life cycle. I'm not convinced they'll have learned their lesson with the NX's launch, but I do kinda wonder how this gen woulda played out had Nintendo not been so shit at presenting what they made.

I could care less about the tablet, personally, but I do love how I can bring it with me out of the room since I share the house and the TV with family.

the hardware keeps getting marginally better but we don't see an increase in performance, quite the opposite
instead of using the hardware to get the games to run better they fill the game with lensflares and bloom and other fucking useless shit to make it look like a blurry "pretty" shitfilled asshole that runs about as good as hotwheels
the same fucking thing is happening to the PC gaming scene where hardware is far superior to that of consoles
so, ask yourself again, who's fault is it for not using the hardware and what it's capable of doing in a way that results in a game that runs great and also looks good

It is possible to understand how the industry model fucks with the medium (including how it forces the individuals within that model to act in a given way, regardless of their intentions or will) while at the same time criticizing that model.

Having a larger library of exclusives than the competition isn't hard when one has jack shit and the other only has Bloodborne. That doesn't excuse the fact that the WiiU's library is equally shit with pretty much only Wonderful 101 and Bayo 2 going for it.
I agree completely about the marketing, though. That was just a huge fuck up on Nintendo's part. I remember seeing news pieces warning parents that the Wii they already bought their kid would not play WiiU games. Only people who kept up with gaming news had any clue that the WiiU was a new system and not just a tablet controller for the Wii.

Wait what? I always thought thats exactly what the wiiU was. What the fuck nintendo

>>>/suicide/

I rather enjoy Splatoon, Neo Fast Racing, Tropical Freeze, Lost Worlds and Smash 4.

Only Splatoon and Tropical Freeze among those approach GOAT, but for me my Wii U purchase was justified, even if only just. PC is still the only way to go at the moment, but, Iunno, I don't feel good about blindly shitposting and not seeing what merit the consoles of this gen actually had.

I'm seriously considering buying a PS4 just for Yakuza 6 and 0.

At least you have bloodborne.

They don't understand game development user.
The majority of the people here are underage.

I already did. I also got isshin, which is pretty fucking good.

I hate saying "it depends" but it really does.

The culprit is actually a divide between hardware and software. The latter is trying to push the boundaries of visuals further and further (with a significant diminishing return and at mostly due to constant pressure by publishers) while the former has to rein in the hardware due to manufacturing costs.

It's hilarious how something as simple as a name change to "Wii2" could have potentially allowed Nintendo to maintain their position in first place. So many people had no fucking clue what the WiiU even was and they still don't. They dropped the ball so hard with the WiiU, goddamn.

To elaborate further, this shit won't fix itself unless graphics stagnate for a generation or two because most people have been conditioned into expecting Witcher 3 pre-release visuals for every major title that comes out.

People complaining in here are no different. When a game comes out that tries to top out graphics, you see a bunch of people (rightfully) complaining about performance.

But when a game actually stays within the boundaries of the hardware and tries to max out visuals without sacrificing performance, you see a bunch of

Fuckin' this.

I read the Codex.

L O C A L D I M M I N G
O
C
A
L

D
I
M
M
I
N
G

you can say that about game developers aswell

Developer incompetence, hands down. How is Bethesda still one of the heavy hitters in the industry when their programmers don't know how to optimize their games?

I mean, look at how Iwata optimized Pokemon Gold/Silver: he did it so well that Game Freak could now throw in another entire continent into a friggin game boy cartridge. And now, with all of this wonderful advanced technology: Bethesda would lead us to believe that it's too hard to make a pithy world map made up of a tiny hamlet and a swamp not tax your machine beyond it's limit and not even have the common courtesy to patch up its disgusting myriad of glitches?

Could have been worse.
Could have been Wii U.

tbh this entire gen was shit.

I don't know user, you tell me

Modern game devs are incompetent idiots and their customers are moronic masochists.

I used to be really annoyed by the XBone and PS4's low power. I thought they actually dropped the ball.

With the PS4 Neo and XBone Scorpio, their long-term strategy is now clear: This was done on purpose.

Perhaps part of it was stop-gap, maybe even slightly panick-mode, but the choice for tablet-grade Jaguar AMD APUs rather than the much better AMD APUs that were already available at the time made it clear something was wrong.

Of course, after the Neo and Scorpio, I wonder if they'll actually give us good hardware again or they will keep doing this all the way to 8k, new consoles every 3-4 years to play the games in higher resolution, more frames, and so on.

lol this is almost as bad as star fox.

Both. Most developers dont even care to optimize shit, it amazes me how a game from 2006 still can look and run better than a brand spanking new one. Sad fact really

I'm gonna do something groundbreaking and actually discuss the issue at hand instead of making generic circlejerk statements:

The DLC is only unplayable on PS4, not on Xbone.

On PC it's playable but requires way more resources than it should.

Why is this?

Because the entire DLC revolves around fog, and the method they used to display fog in the DLC is horrendously unoptimized so the consoles take a huge hit and on PC you're sweating more than you should.

Why is it working better on xbone than on PS4?

Because on PS4 they had a beta and for some ungodly strange reason they decided that they didn't have to tone down the effects of the fog like they did on xbone, and the result is that the FPS drops down to 15 because the settings are set to higher on PS4.

Essentially this is a very easy fix, all they have to do is use the same settings for the fog they use on xbone, on PS4, and it'll run in a playable state again.

Unfortunately patches on consoles have to run trough an approval process that takes around one week, so PS4 users will only see the patch at the end of this week, or the next if Beth is feeling especially lazy, and they always are.

By the way, i'll just sneak in my impressions of the DLC because might as well put it here, it's impossible to discuss the game anywhere else on Holla Forums.

Performance issues aside, this is the first actual proper expansion for FO4 and the best DLC for it so far (not that it's saying much).

There's three factions and all three of them have side quests.

You can side with each faction and have multiple endings, from making all three live peacefully, to siding with 2 of em, to siding with just one, to nuking one of them, to nuking them all, you've got options, more options than the main quest in FO4.

The map is reasonably big, there's some side quests here and there but not as many as i'd hoped, lots of high level enemies and some pretty dangerous new ones unless you're sneak critting them (then everything will always be a joke no matter what).

The entire thing has as it's main inspiration The Mist by Stephen King, and sometimes it sorta nails the atmosphere, but most of the time not really, it feels crappier and nowhere near what they had envisioned in their head.

There's a morrowind reference with DiMA sorta resembling Sotha Sil in certain aspects.

By the way why were you guys spamming shit like "DiMA is Nick Valentine cousin!" over and over, when 1- he's his brother, not cousing 2-knowing this detail is the most meaningless shit ever.

And why were people getting mad about it?

The whole ordeal made no sense, Holla Forums was spoiling them something incredibly secondary and insignificant, plus it wasn't even accurate, and they were getting mad about it, i don't get it.

It's like they've been cutting corners.

I never saw so many enemies or bullets on the screen.
My toaster would barely lag when literally hundreds of enemies were displayed at once and were also shooting shit in my direction.

Meanwhile Nudoom cant even maintain 12 enemies on screen without chugging

I remember playing Second Encounter when it first came out, that and games like Otogi made me think about how great games were gonna get technology wise. Instead we get shit where all they do is up the graphics, without any of the cool gameplay affecting tech.

Games are kill.
I think there stopped being devs that wanted to innovate and push the limits forward, now most of what's left are companies that try to make the most addictive product possible and cash with the smallest effort they can make.

I blame it entirely on devs. Literally no fucking reason why shit is so unoptimized nowadays and needing over 30gb of space. Absolutely none. Remember when Dark Souls 3 was supposed to be 60gb? At the last minute they decided to actually optimize it and made it down to 30gb.

They were never this bad in 00s.

This. Getting stable 30fps should be really easy to archive for most devs, yet they seem to struggle to target that. Nobody seems to care anymore either, so the only way to have a decent framerate is to play on PC.

hey nice b8 faggot

Both. Bethesda can't even program ladders, and the PS4 is just a PS3 with more RAM and higher resolution. So almost nothing has changed because developers keep putting their focuses in all the wrong areas.

Three things that have bugged me for the longest time

>2: The Big Three do not seem to understand: a console's success is heavily dependent on the initial launch. You need at least ten decent launch titles to get the attention of the general public, and more titles to follow. One of the reason console sales are in the shitter and why there are fewer people that are loyal to their brands is because there is nothing to be loyal to: where are the fucking games?

>3: Framerate frankly isn't a fucking issue. What is a problem is when there are 30fps locked games that STILL have framerate drops. Optimize your shit, you fucking mongrels.

To be fair, I haven't seen one game with ladders that weren't finicky as fuck.

Unless it's the contextual "Press E to use" shit, which is gay.

Both. If you bought this or previous gen console you're an idiot.

fear MP was so much fun especially that wall jumping, penetrator
man I miss those times

I don't understand this "hardware is too weak" meme when games haven't visually evolved for the last 6 years.
I'm pretty sure the manufacturers and the game devs have a tacit agreement not to optimize so the good goyim would buy the next console/upgrade their PC.

Why bother, there hasn't been a good demanding game for a long time.

People are buying PS4 in droves regardless of exclusives thought.
Ita gotten to 40Mil.

what happin

ps2 happind

Yes. but the overall console market is contracting and there must be some underlying reason why Sony is trying to push another console out already.

You underestimate the stupidity of people and the power of marketing.

Other than because sonyfags will buy it?

It's more that there are increasingly fewer people who are buying console hardware and so they're going to try and sell to those people more often.

It's an industry that is in the process of being disrupted.

I'm a PC fag, I don't even own a console past PS2 but this is still consolewar faggotry

Sure thing bruv

yeah no. it's the devs.

Nah man, all my favourite games are on consoles, but i'm sick too of this tendency to prefer graphics over framerate. I wish ps4 games would have ps3 graphics and solid 60fps if thats the limit of the machine.

PC gamers are the vegans of the gaming community, I swear

Funny way of spelling "mean meat eaters".

I'd say a lot of factors are involved, AMDs incompetence with the design of their cat cores used on the PS4/Xbone which has horrible IPC, game devs being downright lazy not taking advantage of potential optimizations like VBOs. Too many developers also are more pressured to use general purpose dev tools that may be more optimized for Intel/Nvidia so they can release their titles for PCs as well instead of using the console dev kits

It's the devs fault for this one. No reason why fallout 4 should run like ass. It looks like a slightly modded fallout 3.

Nah, PCfags have more variety and choice of meals

yeah, but a majority of them are garbage, regardless. Quality > Quantity

plus they themselves just act like ginormous cocksuckers and circlejerkers all the time

All of those are exclusive genres, now tell me about console exclusive genres and how much quality 8th Gen has.

checkmate, son

go ahead and point out a part where theres more than 30 seconds of non-gameplay

no but seriously, why doesnt PC have actual good platformers or Uncharted-like games? I mean there was tomb raider, but that felt more like a knockoff uncharted

Ps4 has more application than a gaming console, without the bloat of the Xbone.

that's the logical progression from the xbone, which was just one flop

Plenty of good platformers, just not 3D ones.
Those are in development
Heres the only "Unchartedlike" I know, why would you want cinematic bullshit anyway?
The old Tomb Raiders are superior in every way sonce theu dont handhold you and the platforming actually takes skill and has tension.

What?
If anything the 2013 E3 Xbone fiasco and the fact that Playstation is a much more known brand avaiable on more regions at launch was the reason for its success.
I have no idea what "bloat" are you talking about aside from the always changing shitty UI.

like I said, just a mountain of shit thats not as good as mario

theres that buzzword again, refer to

again

(checked)
Damn son, do you have to buy an 8E8ightC-han ro have that spoiler or what?

also holy shit, I hope you posted that image as sarcasm

But user, I can play all the Marios

What do you mean user?
Unearthed is just as good as Uncharted, cant you see how cinematic it is? :^)

I wish pc had the new amazing uncharted

One Publisher's CTO came out and said it was complete shit for VR and the Neo exists because they needed something that would actually run it.

archive.is/5v5bB

Neofag was butthurt and had their own "Insiders" (Shills) try to downplay it but it's been well known that the original PS4 can't handle VR at all and anything above indie tech demos is FUCKED trying to run on the base unit of PSVR. Especially if their big VR title, Gran Turismo Sport already has severe FPS issues on the base unit at 1080P. Can you imagine that shitstorm?

I actively take pleasure in making high quality media/products look like they have shitty fans.

If you're so dumb that you base your hardware/software purchasing decision on the fanbase of a product, you deserve to miss out on good shit.

That's just a straight up lie. People would have shat bricks if you showed them the visuals of say AC:Unity in 2010. Sure, shit game, but there is a visual improvement. Same goes for other games, Witcher 3, most "cinematic single player games", even Bloodborne as a PS4 game looks very good.

The better point would be

Visual improvement as in texture resolution, AA, bumpmaps, draw distance, poly count and other shit hacks like TB or PCMasterrace Vermin care about is the reason games are stagnating or actually getting worse, for the last 5 years at least.

We're getting none of the three. That's the problem. Modern devs are so incompetent that even if the game has shit graphics, it still runs and plays like shit too.

WHOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAA WHAT A SHOCKER

It's all just lazyness. For all the shit anons give to consoles, consoles have alwsy been inferior to PC since inception. But the console games have a higher list of better games than PC. Even when consoles games looked terrible compared to PC. Devs just put in effort for consoles to make it work. It's just not done now cause 3D and better visuals is now forced by console makers now.
Wonder if anons here forgot that Sony didn't allow sprites on the PS1 for the majority of its life. It's just the norm all around now.

Consoles cant even keep up with mods.

The consumer doesn't choose what is produced and in the current atmosphere of non-critical media consumption "demand" can be manufactured after the fact.

dumbass

Son, you're chatting some grade A shit right there.

More recent game built on supposed more powerful tech with an estimated $200 of million budget, how the hell do you fuck this up?

Whether you like it or not, there is a reason emulating is a big thing. If consoles didn't have such a big library of great games than you wouldn't emulate them. You're also reading too much into it. PC had great games as well, but would be dwarfed by console numbers. I'm talking NES-ps2 here, not current gen shit.
Point is faggot that consoles had/have shit graphics compared to PC. Always have. But in the past you could see more passion in the work compared to today.

Is this nigger sub-serious?

Marketing fries brains

Sorry Dmitrov, we're not falling for it this time.

Original Serious Sams, not the HD versions, on Steam are DRM free.

Get fucked GOG shill, if anything the Pole kikes didnt want it so their store wouldnt be Czeched

gog.com/forum/general/degica_bringing_caves_shmups_to_the_pc

Steam has the exact same clause in their user agreement, what's your point? I only want a GOG version so I can have an easier time pirating, I really don't care about supporting devs.

And Cave's last good game was Dai-Fukkatsu Black Label, so who cares if weeb loli shmup #357 isn't released there?

Watching vids about old 8-bit computer hardware, showed that this was an issue even in the late 70s and early 80s, where drawing monochrome text on a low-res screen ate up about half the memory and CGA graphics were a pain to get within parameters.

Nobody gives a shit about your input GOG shill, fuckoff

you make a mediocre game since casuals wont know the difference and then split the rest of the budget with your CEO friends