Ouch

Bravo, Platinum.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers
nichegamer.com/2016/03/19/local-co-op-not-possible-in-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-mutants-in-manhattan/
youtube.com/watch?v=vCC_YpoEugg
youtube.com/watch?v=Bi1ssJnUxvo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They already got all the money they could from it. They earn nothing from sales. Only the publisher does. Lets hope they will get to make their own games instead of whoring themselves out soon.

Legend of Korra tier it seems. Critics were a lot harsher than the fans for that too. At least for LoK ot was a cheap downloadable game, unlike this one which was pretty hyped.

Im sure the drones will still defend them with no critical thinking giving out excuses, but its a good leverage.

Who gives a fucking shit?

scalebound will be shit

Thanks Activision.

Starfox Zero has sold almost the same as Wonderful 101 to date.

I want to support Platinum, especially their games coming to the PC, but I can't deal with this. Why would they do this? What were they thinking? Every other one of their releases had 60fps, why change now? Especially for a fast paced action game, what the fuck man?

You wish. It will be finished and it will end up being complete shit that destroys everyones faith in them and leaves a bad taste in your mouth whenever you think about their good games.

jap phil fish strikes again.

Scalebound might be finished, but it will probably be shit.

I believe he had zero involvement with this turd.

Inb4 Platinum Defense Force defending this shit

I'd really like to know who thought it would be a good idea to have CUHRAYZEE game that's co-op focused, but then have all the moves and shit be abilities with cooldowns and have any and all combo potential require more than one character to pull off anything half cool.

Also not even Ys has such bullet spongey bosses

Stay classy, Holla Forums

Was MGR an accidental miracle?
Or is Platinum a hit and miss kind of team?

It will be finished, but it will be awful.
I hope you've seen the gameplay trailers.

wtf happened??????

Sl you only played MGR i'll take it. Transformers Devastation, Bayo2 and W101 completely escaped your eye huh?.

Let the salt flow Platinumtard.

isnt that game going to be shit, specialy when they changed the qt dinomindcontroling lilo for a donte?

Thats nice dear. But how are your grades?

Ad hominem

They just didn't give a shit. Korra was okay, but TMNT is just trash. It's not fun, it's locked to 30 FPS, bosses are bullet sponges, attacks are bound to cooldowns, there's an open world element to it that could have worked very well but it just feels random to keep running around like a headless chicken until you're told you've encountered something.

I wish I didn't waste my night pirating it and instead pirated anything else.
Is lords of shadow 2 worth a damn?

it wasn't, actually.

Wait what?

This is good. I hope all their other games get bad reviews so that publishers stop hiring their low quality asses.

You favorite game is shit.
Stop trying to find an excuse that this game isn't.

Yep. It's locked to 30FPS on all platforms.

Because it definitely doesn't depend on the game in question's actual merits when anons comment on reviews.
However I can agree that there are idiots acting like Platinum was always shit.

It was

Last I heard Bayo did well and Transformers flopped.
W101 doesn't really appeal to me, so I have nothing to say about that.

There is also that Korra game which wasn't a great success.

WHO
WOULD
HAVE
THOUGHT?

and what was his argument, exactly?

Why would they do that? It's not that impressive looking, they usually push for 60, and it's not something like Madworld or Anarchy Reigns where it probably didn't have a budget.

at least admit you can't read instead of embarrassing yourself.

Unsuprising.

Platinum's good games
Bayo (Published by Sega)
Madworld (Published by Sega)
Vanquish(Published by Sega)
Anarchy Reigns(Published by Sega)
Metal Gear Rising (Published by Konami)
W101 (Published by Nintendo)
Bayo2 (Published by Nintendo)
Star Fox Zero(Published and Co-Developed by Nintendo)

Platinum's mediocre games

Gee I wonder what the pattern is

OH OH AND GUESS WHAT
THERE ISN'T LOCAL CO-OP.
WANT TO PLAY TURTLES WITH YOUR BUDDIES ON A SOFA? FUCK YOU BALTIMORE.

I don't think they gave much of a shit to it. An user in another said it might be because Transformers is somewhat big in japan so they cared, but TMNT isn't or something like that.

I still don't know what they were going for.

Flopped as in financially or critically?
Because Transformers is both a cool game and I'm pretty sure they were planning a sequel or two for it.

You should stop defending a shitposter.

Haven't even played a Platinum game since MGR (which wasn't that good btw), just calling 'em as I see 'em.

That you're all a bunch of hypocrites

I'm not defending you.

ALL YOU HAD TO DO

WAS REMAKE TURTLES IN TIME

BUT NOT THAT RESHELLED BULLSHIT

It is a TMNT game.

Jesus was anyone expecting it to be good? This isn't the early 90s anymore.

Nice argument

Ay, fuck you mate. Transformers was good and Stair Fax was shit.

For fucks sake Sega, just port Vanquish to PC already, goddamn.

They made some great fucking games, but being brand loyal is the dumbest fucking thing you can do.

He is another goon or neofaggot who come here in swarms to shit on what people here like and try to make it look as if that were the general consensus.

He was primarily shitting on Activision retard, are you telling me hating Activision is not the general consensus here?

that guy's retarded, sure, but use some critical thinking man.

NO MAN
SEGA HAS TO PORT SOME MORE COOL* SONIC GAMES
BECAUSE THE AUTISTIC BLUE FURFAGGOT DOESN'T HOLD THE WORLD RECORD FOR LARGEST SELECTION OF SHITTIEST GAMES IN A SERIES YET

What pisses me off isn't the fact that there isn't a Vanquish port, sequel, successor or anything, but the fact that in addition to that there's also no Shinobi, JRSF, Alex Kidd, Gun Valkaryie or Otogi ports, sequels, successors or anything.

He was shitting on Transformers too, which was the only decent game Activision published. He most likely hasn't played it either.

This.
The brand loyalty for this faggots is so excessive, that it makes me not want to buy anymore Platinum games. I stopped playing their games since Metal Gear Rising.

and people are really surprised that the game is bad?
if anything im more surprised that transformers turned out good (was it because transformers was also from japan)

It's became quite clear they're a one-trick pony.

Even if they wanted they couldn't.

Some retards at Sega lost the fucking source code.

Can't they just use the game files from the disc?
Bluepoint did that with the MGS2 and MGS3 HD ports

Didn't own a genesis as a kid.

Fanboys shit on everything. I mean, I've been playing Lords Of The Fallen recently and while it's buggy because denuvo cracking ain't so good it's enjoyable. I wouldn't call it better than Dark Souls, at least not the first but I've enjoyed it quite a lot and so far I'm not seeing what's so bad about it besides some stupid ideas like the gauntlet taking up a spot in the switch weapon deal, a certain detail being lacking(you can't swing your weapon at walls, it just clips. Instead breaking walls requires you to sprint at them with your shield up) and the shield charge move looking incredibly weak yet being very exploitable(being powerful enough to stagger bosses and shit). Also everything feels pretty overdesigned and edgy but there's a part of me that finds some part of it, probably the same part of me that enjoyed darksiders.

Is it because it's similar to souls that it's so negatively recieved? Honestly if it didn't have Denuvo fucking my shit up I would have liked it much more.

They don't need the source code. All they need to do is understand.

I can't see why not myself, but that is the excuse Sega has given as to why they havent done it.

lords of shadow 2 is even worse, and I enjoyed 1

ITT:

I don't want Platinum anywhere near DMC5.

Don't want that shit to become a QTEfest.

Sega are a bunch of dumbasses but god damn I'd be a lying shit if I didn't say they don't publish the occasional gem. I just wish they'd drop Sonic already.

Aw shucks. Mirror of Fate sucked ass so I didn't want to believe it but that's a damned shame.

damn, wanted to play this down the line

Transformers is burger you retard

better a bunch of dumbasses than a bunch of yids. Nintendo was the EA of the 90s and the underage b&s here will always forget that single piece of history.

It was a joint US-Japanese production.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers
no u

It feels very low budget and it's incredibly floaty and easy, and it's not much of a good metroidvania anyways. They mark all the secrets and unlockables and they give you a bunch of combos only for half of them to be useless because the game is so easy anyways and most enemies die to the guillotine move.

And 100%ing the whole game does absolutely nothing but give you a one minute cutscene of people looking sad away from the camera.

God I remember that onetime where Americans had their hissy fit at muh violent video games like mortal kombat, Sega and Nintendo were both on the pro not censoring video games team and Sega was like "VIDEO GAMES FUCK YEAH WE WON'T CENSOR OUR SHIT" and Nintendo was "YOU SEE THESE GAMES ARE VERY VIOLENT WHICH IS WHY YOU WONT FIND THEM ON OUR FAMILY FRIENDLY NINTENDO ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM UNLIKE THOSE FILTHY SEGA GUYS". I'm going to see if I can find that.

EA was the Ea of the 90s

That doesn't make it Japanese you fucking retard, so you're going to ignore the burger part?

You weebs are fucking delusional.

Jack will you save us from the degenerates?

And here you see a typical tactic a nintendo fan uses. They will deflect the topic by throwing a 3rd party under the bus in some sort of sacrificial lamb to protect their choice of company.

it's not american either so your point is moot

And like clockwork, someone will cry about Holla Forums in an attempt to derail the thread.

Found it. It was howard lincoln.

Well to be fair he has a point. I mean, EA did publish Ultima 8 in 1994.

He was talking about EA and so did i. I haven't owned a Nintendo console since the N64. I only play Nintendo games at a friend's house. Call me a Sonygger if anything.

I'm just gonna cry about how much of a faggot you are instead.

Thompson was just a tool used to make video games "legitimate" to be used as another subversion tool in the west.

There is a point where nintendroning goes too far.

With such an amazing counterpoint, how can you be wrong?

Lmao

Get the fuck out of here Holla Forums

No it was made by a company called nudemaker.
You can easily tell it wasn't made by platinum by the fact that it lasts more than 5 hours and has a little thing called actual replay value

*Mostly developed fuck

How the fuck am I Holla Forums you mong

I want to rape the Personas

That's just what newfags yell when they can't create a proper argument. They will just yell Holla Forums hoping no one actually calls them out on their shit.

The actual personas or all the persona girls?

nigga what?

He couldn't get good.

Why not both?

I just don't know if an user could handle raping all that

I don't know. All I know is that my dick is fully erect. And it requires holes.

You want holes in your dick? That's fucked up.

None of us could rape a persona. Even a Pixie would fry us with zio. It's nice to imagine though.

You're a retard, got it.

Even worse, if it had local co-op, it'd run like shit at 30FPS. This game was doomed to fail.

Let me guess, you're shitter who plays games for their story?

Come to think of it wasn't there no local co-op to have 60 FPS? Whatever happened to that?
nichegamer.com/2016/03/19/local-co-op-not-possible-in-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-mutants-in-manhattan/

The human eye can't comprehend more than 15 frames per second.

Infinite space is incredibly mediocre you plebs.

my nigga

If smash can be considered a fun fighting game I don't see why AR can't.

I don't know about Anarchy Reigns but Mad World was the shit.

YOU DIE I GET PAID

That 6.0 user score is a little too kind. It implies the game is above average, when really, I'd say this is platinums first actually bad game. It plays like something that was meant to be a small tech demo for a ps2 super hero game.

Fucking christ, I'm sick of all these 'next gen' games missing something that has been in vidya since the dawn of time. A TMNT game without local co-op is a god damn crime.

B-but if they add in local co-op, they won't need to sell four copies of the game!

Seriously though, local co-op should be mandatory.

but it's not profitable, goy. gotta sell two copies, not one!

thanks, capitalism

There is multiplayer, just no local.

It's still not excusable one bit.

They said they weren't adding local co-op so they could stick with 60FPS

Then they couldn't even manage that :^)

Well of course, remember that reviews don't matter and reviewers are hacks.

Unless its a game the hivemind hates and it gives them confirmation bias, then its the final word.

But is it souls-like?

Yikes.
If I liked Vanquish and 101 would I like Transformers?

Not in the slightest, it's more like feudal Japan ZoE.

You might, the shooting isn't much like Vanquish besides that one shootdodge you could do.

It's pretty fun and the challenge levels are a treat to go through. Although you might find it easy until you get past the three basic difficulties and the loot system should have been scrapped entirely for moddable weapon archtypes.

sega has some great teams, the problem is that they work for sega

>>>/reddit/

No, it wasn't.

I know user, I wish my xbox hueg wasn't broken so I could play it, I remember spending my time with the demo just destroying as much of the environment as I could

nigga, please

Kinda makes sense why video games just went to the shit as milking tools at first, later all the shitty SJW bullshit that gets pumped on both indie and AAA titles.
Banning vidya would be bad, but the way its getting used to spread SJW shit is insane.

I'm starting to get worried I won't like the new Nier game. I can't really think of a Platinum game I even like. They make the same boring game over and over again. I really hope Yoko Taro has more control over Nier than Platinum does, but I probably should lower my expectations.

You never got past panfilov, huh?

No just no.

It feels like goddamn everyone who makes games outside of Japanese Doujin devs stopped giving a fuck, like they had their souls sucked out and game dev is just another job to them like burger flipping or dishwashing, something to put food on the table and nothing more. There's no love, no magic, no passion, nothing.

Glad to see a memedeveloper getting taken down a peg.

Japanese Phil Fish

This is so true it hurts because I laughed so fucking hard.

We got a Shinobi game on the 3DS and I personally thought it sucked.

Bayonetta 2 is the best game they ever made, pity nobody played it.

Honestly its a shame that Platinum seems to be going to shit with TMNT and Scalebound, they're one of the few companies making crazy action games anymore and they've had a pretty good track record up until now with the exception of that one Korra game. Heres hoping that new Nier game is good- and if it isn't, well I'll always have older action titles to fallback on if the genre dies so either way it won't be a big deal.

Why is this the argument of fanboys 50% of the time?
Tell me about endless space why to you is it a great space game?
Especially when the DLC straight up fucked up half the games balance and fun.
Other then that its still an incredibly shallow simplified game.

Same with Endless legends.

Reminder that the CEO of Platinum recently jumped ship.

That's debatable, while mechanically it's more polished than it's predecessor, the challenge is significantly toned down. There's no enemy on the level of Gracious and Glorious where you suddenly lose one of your best tools and have to adapt. Can't say I miss the QTEs though, but I wish Bayo 2 had as much unlockable content as the first, or at least made it as hard to get.
Overall they're both really good games but different priorities so it's really up to taste.

In many cases, Platinum games aren't fun unless you really get into the mechanics. Bayonetta and dodging + combos, MGR's parrying and chopping dudes up, W101 with needing to swap powers to reflect shots/rip off armor and so forth. If you learn the mechanics, they can be great. If you keep bashing your face against the wall without learning, it's terrible.

The flipside of this is there are some fucking bad designs in games. Star Fox Zero is a big offender in that area. The controls take some getting used to, and while I wouldn't have designed it like that, it's not impossible to play and get some sense of enjoymentment. But the fucking level designs in it are such shit that I couldn't stomach it. The boss fights were ass except for Star Wolf, with it taking the camera control away from you in other fights. And giving you walker form but then forcing you into a landmaster just to give the landmaster the ability to fly is retarded.

kys

Your not getting it nigga, the mechanics are not deep.
Dominions 4 has deep mechanics.
Endless games are simple as hell, Dust is usually always going to be the main resource.
There will always be heroes that gain abilities based of dust upgrades.

This is the second time you've made this mistake, are you sure you're talking about the same game? Infinite Space is a DS game, Endless Space is a PC game. Unless there's more to the series that I don't know about.

Maybe he's dyslexic?

Infinite Space is not Endless Space and in no way connected to Endless Legend either. Why would people be talking about 4x games in a Platinum Games thread you absolute retard?

I bought this. When I launched it I immediately cringed when I saw the Nickelodeon logo. I knew I was in for a rough time. Combos are even shittier than in MGR, do terrible damage and enemies are sponges on hard. Couple this with long ass cooldowns and terrible AI. My AI buddies kept dying on the first boss. Standing in explosions, not dodging and being KO'd constantly.

I wanted a Turtles in Time successor with late 80's turtles theme and instead I got a steaming pile of focus tested shit. Not to mention the music is an abomination on top of the lazy combat and cooldowns. What a fucking disappointment.

We talk about different games here m8.
You would think that someone would notice it from mentioning a character that appears in one but not the other game.
Especially since you wouldn't need toget past any particular character in endless space.
But yeah, I agree with you on endless space.
Try out infinite space though, it's a nice RPG.

Well i don't know about platinum but Kamiya games are fun, i dont hink hes ever made a bad game.

I like most of Platinum's games. Transformers was also pretty good and nailed the 80's show pretty well. This new TMNT game just stinks of nickelodeon's interference.

Who thought this was a good idea?

Also the only reason star fox was bad was because of miyamoto, and even then I enjoyed it when the motion controls were off.

Are you using a VPN just to shit on platinum?

I am surprised she did not make an appearance at all.

Just asking since Holla Forums usually loves platinum, a little surprised tbqh fam

Probably shitposting. But it isn't hard to see that there has been a small downfall in quality from them recently, though that could have just been the license's faults.

I'll judge next time they're making something original.

I really do like most of platinum's shit, but TMNT is a disaster and I feel that's it's pressure from Viacom. It stinks of the newest cartoon and the newest movie.

Oh yes, I should probably add this; I think most people will agree that transformers is better then TMNT and Korra; I think the reason for this is that Platinum does not actually care about Nickelodeon cartoons, while Transformers has a presence in Japan due to how it split off from the American Cartoon Series after series 2.

This is probably evident by the fact that they actually did their research into the transformer series, such as Shockwaves Multiplying Ability (Which was mentioned in a production bible of the TV Series), Optimuses Laser Axe and Megatrons Laser Mace, and a few other Things. Not only that, but they also actually put effort into the music; I think they was love and craft put into that game, and they did the best they could with what little budget they had. They also got as many of the Original VA's as possible, and the game has a ton of bosses for its small budget (The fact they including all the separate Constructions is a testament to their love of the series).

I mean, that's what I think anyway. I think they did the bare minimum with the Korra and Turtles game, since they have no respect for it.

They've been going downhill since LoK

Oh no doubt about that, they've gone done a bit. but they're still good developers compared to most modern development studios. I still blame Activision and Nintendo for their the majority faults though. However, I cannot deny that they haven't been doing so hot.

checked m8.

You know they outsourced Bayonetta's PS3 port, right?

I agree. It definitely looked like they put much more effort and work into Transformers compared to LoK and TNMT. They probably weren't as restricted by Hasbro as they seem to have been with Nickelodeon (then again when isn't Nickelodeon not fucking up). Doesn't absolve them from all the mistakes of the game, but I'm gonna classify this as a game ruined by backseat developing by the owners of the series (much like star fox zero).

Not too shabby yourself.

Yo, check the director. Transformers Devastation was directed by Kenji Saito. Both TMNT and Legend of Korra were directed by Eiro Shirahama.

Keep your eye on Kenji Saito in the future. This guy could be the next Hideki Kamiya.

Intresting trivia there

Saito also directed MGR

He was already the director of MGR:R.

Shit, I meant to say that. Slipped my mind.

Will do

nobody bats 100, it's a bummer this game came out bad but i'm still confident in nier2

shame though, transformers devasatation was really fun and i was expecting turtles to develop from that framework but the combat in turtles just looks dull

You guys are aware that these are games published by Activision right?

If Bayonetta 2 and MGR are examples of Platinum being great when they have freedom, these games and Starfox are examples of Platinum being not so great when they don't have freedom

Yeah but Transformers was published by Activision as well and was a good game. I'm willing to bet it has more to do with Viacom being dicks and a different director like one user pointed out.

Nier 2 should be fine. The gameplay looks like rising from the trailers, can't find anything on who exactly from Platinum Games is working on the game outside of Inaba but the guy's produced basically every single one of Platinum's games so that's a given. Even if the gameplay's not that hot, the story, art design and music should all be fine considering it's the same people as the first Nier. Here's hoping it gets a port to PC along with Ace Combat 7 and Yakuza 0 and 6, don't really have the money to get a Bloodbornestation.

Greenteaneko is great.

i'm more concerned about yakuza making it to the fucking west, let alone onto PC

Takahisa Taura was shown as Game Designer during the E3 reveal. It showed his credentials as MGR and Anarchy Reigns.

Fucking hell I wouldn't be so disappointed if Turtles in Time and Hyperstone Heist never existed. Taking the greatness of those two classics but bringing it into 3D by the modern masters of the evolution of Beat Em Up games. Passing the torch from one generation to the next. It had every right to be goddamn amazing. Fucking hell man, just think about what could have been. Why?

Do people forget that Platinum made God Hand? Do newfags not know that Platinum used to be Clover? God Hand is still their finest game.

god hand isnt that good when compared with actually good games like DmC: Devil May Cry

It was made by Shinji Mikami

Shinji Mikami was the director of that, and Vanquish. I think Platinum's quality all comes down to the director, and they almost never have the same director twice it seems.

Every game they've done post W101 has been shit, Bayo 2 being the sole exception

god, im such'a'faggot

I never got why people like Vanquish, I liked pretty much every single other platinum game but played the first 3-4 missions of vanquish and just hated it.
Did I miss anything, like at all?

it was decent
it doesn't belong in the mediocre pile.
korra on the other hand.

Aiming with a controller is what completely fucked it up and made it unplayable for me. It is the Platinum game that really does need a PC version, all other titles would just simply be nice, but the switch from analogue stick to mouse based aim would make a huge world of difference.

The platinum age of Platinum is over, motherfuckers.

its also 30 fps

If you actually bothered to read the thread you would know that there are several directors working at Platinum. The good ones are still making good games, this turd was made by the same guy who directed the Korra game.

So whatever happened to Mikami, the guy who directed Vanquish?

Shame.

Good.

Wait, when did the spoiler image change? I had bunch of spoiler memes, I have to make them again now, fuck

He started his own company and they're owned by zenimax now

It's hard to learn how to actually play it not like a cover shooter, but you can fuck shit up if you're good. There's a lot of advanced techniques.
youtube.com/watch?v=vCC_YpoEugg
youtube.com/watch?v=Bi1ssJnUxvo

platinum is die, time to move on user

It's not.

I didn't post Bayonetta retard.

But there's football players who score 1 in 1, or niggers who dunk 10 at least