Why was it made, just to suffer?

why was it made, just to suffer?

ft4u

it was made for weeb shit.

is that a ps vita?

I take it you don't remember the original PSP?

Not intentionally, Sony wanted it to be for AAA gayman on the go. But the name is stupid, memory cards raised the price for the system, there was barely any ads for it, like with the PSP it was a fantastic piece of hardware ruined by Sony's odd choices.

I have more fun with it than I do with the 3DS. Mostly because of this .

You should know, dumbass.

Vita would be a great emulation box if they got custom software on it.

Shits got just as many worthwhile titles as any other current gen system.

Which is to say not many.

Sony made the Vita a bitch to hack, if only they put some of that effort into other areas.

Let me repost my greentext summary:

PSVita could've been great. PSVita could've even had Monster Hunter. But Sony went full retard. They gave Capcom the shitty end of the stick when it came time to renew their partnership for MonHun, and Capcom took Nintendo's offer instead, and I can't really blame them.

Now all that's left is a weeb machine that has been on life support since at least last year, and will be until third party support ends. The Vita's been on it's deathbed since the day it was born, the end is inevitable. It will probably be dead within two or three years, but Sony will still charge absurdly for the memory cards, and will still force shitty updates because they're so scared of piracy/CFW in general. The only reason to get a Vita is if you can read moonrunes. And even then, the shitty updates and retarded memory card prices aren't hardly worth it.

the at&t partnership screwed them and they never gained enough steam after that.
you have to fuck up pretty bad to make an auditorium full of shills audibly groan

JUST

FUCK

MY

That's not the wii u. At least the vita is getting weeb games.

SHIT

Yeah but it seems like ever week the vita loses a dozen games to the PC.

What are you talking about, it's great! It's got tons of exclusives, lots of great games like hyperdimension neptunia! Honestly I never play on anything else, I wanted to play xcom: EU so I waited for the vita version but it's still in development after they released xcom 2.. oh well I don't mind waiting, worth it to play on the superior system :)

I wasn't aware that when they are on the PC they are no longer on the Vita.

Every single line of greentext was like a stab into my heart.

There's absolutely no denying that a major selling point of any console is the ability to play certain games that you otherwise couldn't - what the hell's the point in owning a vita when more and more of it's games are hitting PCs?

Unless you spend literally hours each day on a bus, the number of times when the portability of a Vita outclasses that of a high spec laptop are going to be pretty limited.

Don't forget Sony pissing off the monhun devs so they moved over to Nintendo

Fucking morons lol

The day the Vita gets cracked open for piracy or it gets a fully working emulator like the PPSSPP people will quickly change their tone. The console is pretty good and it actually has lots of games, but those aren't games we'd buy anyway so that's why it gets all the hate.

Personally I pretty much stopped buying and playing Vita games at this point. I'm just waiting for it to get finally cracked open. While I'm at it I'm enjoying all those free PSP, PS1 and old console emulators on it via the psp exploits. Imo the Vita is the best machine to play old emulators on, its also the best PSP emulator as well.

I won't deny that exclusivity is half the appeal to owning a console. But the fact is with a handheld, another portion of the appeal is the formfactor. Sure you can buy a "high spec gaming laptop" (ignoring the sunk cost being well over $500 compared to a $200 Vita), but you can't carry it in your pocket. There's also the matter of battery life. Say you're on a road trip, the Vita will last you a lot longer than a laptop.

Of course, none of this changes the fact that the Vita has next to nothing worth playing in the first place aside from PS1 emulation. Too bad CFW never.

Can the Vita be hacked?
I need something to replace my PSP (RIP ;_;).

Only to the level that it's basically a cfw psp with two analog sticks.

Just get an android. Much more customiseable and has ds emulation. I sold my vita for one.

It's a piece of shit beaten by the 3DS in every way.

What the fuck is up with the hw/hacking community? I thought they would be all over this shit. If i could pirate games for it, i would get this thing right away.

Its so incredibly locked down that im not sure if it will ever be cracked.

Sony fucked up, but thankfully the nip 3rd party support is on point. Been buying nothing but Vita games this year.

It will probably get completely hacked one day, just not very soon.

Well, the Asus Zenfone 2 Laser is currently on my shopping list for next month.
Is it gonna be good enough for DS emulation?

The Vita is awesome. How the fuck else are you gonna play all the new japanese games that come out?

xperia play 2 never ever

tn-v only on lower firmware and easier if you have ps3

Most likely. Most semi powerful phones should be able to do ds emulation. Make sure it has otg support so you can hook up a physical controller, or buy a bluetooth controller. But if you really want to do just emulation, i suggest looking for an android handheld.

I'm only aiming for a smartphone because it seems like it'd actually be able to fit in my pocket. Everything else seems to be in the 7-inch range, and I want something I can just keep in my pocket for music and the like.

Then smartphone is the way to go.

Thanks.
Are there any non-phones that can fit in a pocket and do the same things?
I'm not actually gonna be calling anyone with it.

What are you talking about? It's great if you're into niche Jap games, and even better if you go full weeb and learn moon.
I wish the memory cards weren't so retardedly overpriced though.

>235 hours into Valhalla Knights 3 yes, i legitimately bought and grinded the fuck out of that game, and i couldn't even complete all the content because i got tired of resetting the game to get the bonus stats through the Slut nurse at the clinic, i missed some of the post-game bosses that backstabbed you at the end of the main game.

i think it was pretty neat, i definitely played it far more than my 3dshitty.

There is nothing great about them. You're just a cuck, no memeing.

play DT2 now

whats dt2? is it that loli card game that got censored to shit?

dungeon travelers 2

I'm guessing Sony won't drop the price on their memory cards any time soon.

Dear god.

I got a 'gpd xd'. Its about 200 dollars, but the best android hand held on the market. Looks like a new 3ds. Can play pretty much everything thars emeulatable barring ps2 and gc. Only problem is, its made by the chinese. The only really big issue is random crashing when waking up, But i havent updated mine yet. Depends if you want to trust the chinks or not.

i actually beat the 100 floor dungeon, but i couldn't beat those ultraniggers that one shot you at 200 VIT in some floors, they're like the dungeons special enemy that are stronger than the dungeons final boss.

eh, sorry m8, i dont dig that uguu~ style.

The game is actually very good. if you can get past the art, its one of the deepest dungeon crawlers on the vita.

yeah ,as said, it is a great DRPG on vita. A very long game, story mode 50-60 hours, postgame 100+ hours.

That's kind of impressive.

Hell will freeze over before Sony decides to stop jewing people.

Vita Memory was a mistake.

th-thanks

As it stands it's great only if you have tons of disposable income and nothing better to do with it. I'm not saying it doesn't have good games tho.

They did something like that - in JP only.
There was a service to convert retail UMDs to their digital counterpart.
Scrapped in every other region because "the digital versions are so cheap anyway".

>second column nice formatting btw, I appreciate it
Did anybody ever use PSM for something meaningful?

Welcum to the botnet bby here's your buttplug enjoy the haemorrhoids. Don't forget to pay for extra "privileges"!

Can somebody elaborate on that?
That's the actual bullshit. I wouldn't mind account-juggling like on the home consoles, if it wasn't tied to actual hardware, like it's the case with the Vita.
Ass-backwards bullshit. All the hubbub around "muh encryption" is probably bogus anyway, the cards are a way to pad retail costs.

Now here's the thing, they did that with the PSP and nobody cared.
Big studios assume that what works well on home consoles, works well in handhelds, except it fucking doesn't.
Actually now its only raison d'être,
If you ask me, they should focus on that market with the Vita and target the PS4 audience with the PSTV.

If people didn't care then why was GTA:LCS the best selling PSP game worldwide?.

Marketing and brand name?

Or perhaps because it was a good game?.

play stranger of sword city for dungeon crawling stuff

What system? Can i emulate it? Im always looking for new dungson crawlers to play.

its for the vita and pc release "soon"

nope. he needs to wait for "New Interpretation Stranger of Sword City"

That's a subjective evaluation, I was talking profits.

Damn, my pc broke, and ive already played enouh of the worthwhile games for me to warrent not buying a new one. Is there a good list of dungeon crawlers on emulatable consoles and dos?

Check out Crime Crackers for the PSX

there are some DRPGs on psp like "Clase of Heroes" so you can run it on ppsspp

Looks like its jap only. I dont speak enough moon to play nip vidya.

dont worry goy, it will be available in DLC

how can someone live without a pc/laptop? its 2016!

yeah m8, dlc

Well, i have youtube, an imageboard app, and all the emulators i want. Thats all i really need. I have an old shitty computer that can barely play zdoom. But i find it more convienient to just use my tablet so im able to go places without sacrificing anything.

To play PS1 games in a portable format.

Is'nt that the psp's job?

Brendan Fraser? Nah, he was a good actor, he just made wrong choices

That's the PSP idiot.

If that's the PSP's job it's kind of shit at it. I mean it runs the games, but that's really it.

Because unlike the PS4, Sony has to release games to sell it.

see

dipshit

Almost no PSX games actually used L3/R3 and there are workarounds for that. L2/R2 are mapped to either analogs or the D-PAD iirc. The emulator it uses is top-notch as in made by sony top notch.
Stop being a bitch.

And the one in the Vita isn't?

What the fuck are you honestly on about?

And who needs work around when you have the fucking controls?

Are you seriously accusing me of being a bitch because I realize the Vita has better controls for playing PSP games?

Jesus nigger, insecure much?

correction:

PSX emulator on PSP is actually better because the hardware is actually similar to the home console, thus providing.

Not to mention you can play all the PSX games on PSP thanks to the convertor and CFW

I never mentioned the Vita. And people say that PSX emulation is the PSP's job because thanks to the CFW it can run all the titles and not just the few digitally released PSX games. It is true that some PSVita models with a certain firmware can run this homebrew and that the second stick really helps with emulation, but as it stands; it's a price and ease of CFW'ing matter.
Again, you are the fool making an strawman argument for mistaking the OP picture for a PSP or at least implying that.

No user, I never did any of that. It was you faggots who said that I meant the PSP.

I meant the Vita. It plays PS1 games perfectly.

Also never use the term Strawman again, you clearly don't know what it means or how it should be applied.

Citation needed before I'm going to just buy that.

The screen on the vita is superior, the vita screen can even display proper blacks. Also give the piracy time, Vita will catch up with the PSP.

Okay, you should have specified at least.

Name 5 worthwhile games that aren't complete weeb-bait.

Uhh…
>Uncharted: Gold Abyss maybe
And they are all like 4 years old/have better counterparts on the PS3 lmao

Shit, meant to quote

It never sold much to begin with, and they've stopped production. I feel like by the time hackers even get to it (if they even bother) there won't be enough on the market for most people who are interested in CFW to pick one up.

What?

He's thinking of the PSTV. The Vita is still being produced.

Became the anime handheld console. Died like all neets do. Alone and unloved by anything but their anime interest.

Rayark Games, the same Taiwanese company that made Deemo, made a Cytus port for the Vita through PSM. It was one user's goto rhythm game on the Vita, but it's no longer up to date with the smartphone versions. There were also some cheap VNs another user enjoyed released through PSM, which helped as filler between the major releases.

Some of the people in the hacking/homebrew scene were also looking to release their games and homebrews through PSM, which is really what it was made for. Most of the wololo posters who declared their intent were pseudonymous though, and I don't know if anything came of that.

I may have exaggerated on that one. I was thinking of games made for the Vita in Japan that get brought over West and ported to the PS4, but without an English Vita version digital or otherwise. The only example I can think of is Nights of Azure, though Squeenix has been teasing the possibility of leaving Western Vita market with some of their games.

I'll revise the greentext for when I ever get the opportunity to post it again. I mostly wrote it in white heat, mostly out of frustration. Thus, parts of it are slightly inaccurate (like the memory cards, which aren't actually regular SD cards but marginally thicker, though the Vita's prototype was designed with regular SD cards in mind). Also, I forgot about the MonHun devs, which was a major blow for the handheld, which I'll include for next time.

His jewish reps did all the thinking for him, and they seeked the quick shekels instead of respected background for future jobs
His personal life is also a mess to boot it, at least he preserves that "nice guy" attitude
The guy is a legit good actor and it's actually kinda sad to see him being underused, but to be honest many suffer that fate until someone sees him or they retire in the quick shekel machine (i.e. Matt Hardy, Peter Dinklage, Bryan Cranston, Vin Diesel, etc)

EDF 2017 and 2
Jet Set Radio
Killzone
Rayman
Soul Sacrifice
Virtua Tennis 4