2016 - No Gaems

I really don't have faith in the Games Industry anymore.

Did the Games change, or did I?

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/357030/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_3
store.steampowered.com/app/345480/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_3
store.steampowered.com/app/467930/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_6
store.steampowered.com/app/363520/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_7
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you grew up.

It's a great time to be alive, stop being a bitter faggot.

What type of vidya do you want to play, faggot?

I'm 99% certain it's the games. They've changed far more rapidly than our tastes have.

bad

what

Stop with your lies.
The Virtual Boy has more exclusives than the Xbone does. You can't say the industry isn't changing, because it is, and it's changing for the worse.

They figured out that the casual market is where the big bucks are.
So dumbed down mobile tier games became popular for obvious reasons and every single company out there went for a piece of the pie.

Wew.

Both changed user, but while you grew to love games for their complexity, their nuance and the different ways you can enjoy them, games changed to strip away all of those things to become as mass-appeal as they can.
After all, why would we want dodging, aiming, positioning, juggling and managing ammunition and hp in shooters when we can have sprint buttons, regenerating hp and two-shot death guns.
Why would we want RTS that revolve around a careful understanding of what your faction is capable of and how it matches up against the opponents faction and your clash of tactics when we can have single unit 5v5 online only games played on the same map?

Wait a minuteā€¦
HAHA

Yeah that sounds about right.

i'm pretty convinced that the only reason any game gets more than 10k viewers is bots

If PC gay men are masterrace so far above consoles in power and all known ways, why is it you cannot emulate PS4 or barely even PS3?

Checkmate, Terry Davis.

Casual market is always big. Thing is that they are not a trusted source of income. They get bored quick and follow the next gimmick. Tis why ps2 (dvd) and wii (netfix) are huge sellers. Current gen has no gimmick for casuals thus they sell like shit across the bored.

But user, PS4 can't even play PS3 games :^)

I just wish that the casuals shared my preference for single-player experiences. I mean, look at what's big in OP, it's ALL multiplayer-focused games first and foremost. I miss back when games were primarily single player and multiplayer was the minority.

It seems like single player i-

Here's a hint for attempting to find a good recent game on steam.

Don't go to popular new releases or top sellers. Instead go to ALL new releases and look at the games. But first go to the little side bar on the right and click games to filter out DLC, OSTs and demos(you still can't filter VR games so just ignore any game with the that one VR logo on it because they all look like gimmicky dogshit). If reviews are positive and the title/cover art looks half decent look at it and see if it seems good to you or not. As a rule I try and only look for the games priced 10$ and above but I recall seeing TEC 3001 which is priced for 4 dollars and I really enjoyed that.

For example I've found:
store.steampowered.com/app/357030/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_3 (2nd page)
store.steampowered.com/app/345480/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_3 (3rd page)
store.steampowered.com/app/467930/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_6 (6th page)
store.steampowered.com/app/363520/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_7 (7th page)

Once you've gotten those games down, try out a demo if there is one or pirate them and see whether or not you like them.

One thing I'll tell you is that you shouldn't be going in expecting 10/10 games from the PS2 era. These games are amatuerish. They are most likely low budget, buggy, short and flawed. But they're also more often than not original, fun and memorable.

Also you still haven't told me what type of video games you like to play, mr (1)

Piracy killed single player games

The majority of the games focus on multiplayer, and the few single players that come out now by AAA studios will try to add some sort of multiplayer which may affect the main game. DS 3 single player blows because everything is tuned for PVP, the differences between all weapons and most magicks are minimal and mostly situational. MGS V the online play was kept getting development while the main games was left unfinished.

Well piracy didn't help that's for sure. Also people here complain about casuals, but with piracy why would you even wamt the Holla Forums type market. They would just pirate your shit and then you are fucked.

With the internet becoming more and more accessible community networking has become more and more popular, you can find comment sections and facebook integration everywhere this days.

Multiplayer when properly added can also greatly extend the life of a product, but it certainly costs developer time which could in theory be used instead creating a better single player experience as you said.

But that's wrong. The preorders of DD:DA fucking exploded after it was "leaked". Piracy doesn't cost sales.

Piracy affects the companies. Smaller ones even more, why would someone make a commercial game for the Holla Forums type crowd when is just gonna get pirated.

Nerds who play vidya their entire life are also far less numerous and harder to please.
Same with movies or books really, it's far easier to entertaing and amuse faggots who are new to the genre than people who have already seen everything and won't be satisfied easily.
Calling casuals plebs is pretty appropriate when you think about.

Can you prove there is a negative impact on sales?
Smaller games without a marketing budget can greatly benefit from piracy, as there are far more people talking about the game than there would otherwise be, and if the devs aren't assholes about it, they can use pirates to garner good will and more sales. See: Hotline Miami.

In my opinion anyone who was going to pirate wasn't going to buy the game in the first place.
But not everyone who pirated did not buy the game afterwards.

I admit, I have no evidence or proof for it, but it's just what I feel.

The whole casual thing is not new at all. Every art form thatvis marketed is full, ik not saying thats bad, but it happens everywhere. Books, film, music, same thing. People want the simple things and it makes sense. Most pet dont wanna have long form deep engagement regardless of the medium. The only medium where this hasn't happened is hight art as in paintings and sculptures but them you are left with circlejerking about an all white canvas.

Oh hey is Omnibus finished already? The alpha had bitching music.

Xbone got backward compatible. The xbone can connect 8 Gamepads. Therefore getting a FPS with 8 player splitscreen. Kinect 2.0!? See image related. Battletoads Battletoads Killers instinct but but xbone has no exlusive who said that? your mom I saw her whoring for some PS4 games.

No it doesn't, who cares if people talk when they don't actually buy your game. Hotline Miami is the exception not the rule, it was a very popular game even before that piracy thing with the devs. But one exception doesn't make for a viable market.

Which dev leaked their own game to create more buzz? Was it the Hotline Miami or Hatred devs?

user most pirates have no ideology. People pirate because they want free shit and that's it. Not to try or to buy it afterwards, is just cause its free.

Hotline miami devs send out a fix for pirated version glitch. I think thats what it was.

If the game isn't shit, I'll always buy it after it goes on sale with the goty/complete edition if applicable.

You can't be serious. That is the entire purpose of marketers.

I'm still not seeing you post any proof of it negatively harming the industry, and I know you can't because there is no proof. Only bad games praying on unsuspecting customers can be genuinely harmed by piracy.

You're thinking of Trials.

Yeah, now I remember. There was the fix for Hotline Miami, Trials was leaked, and Destructive Creations advocated pirating their own game.

Piracy or not, you can't deny the fact that the casuals, kids these days, whatever have a much stronger preference for multiplayer than there used to be. For some it's the make-or-break issue.

And for the record, I still buy games, the problem is that the percentage of games that interest me is so much lower than it used to be. Nothing looks so exactly what I personally want that it's an absolute can't wait day-one purchase anymore. Not for years now, even though I have more money to potentially spend on vidya than I did as a kid. The difference is just that back then, games were more consistently aimed at my personal tastes and seemed worth paying more rather than waiting.

And I really resent buying single player games with multiplayer tacked on that I couldn't care less about. I don't want the multiplayer part, it bothers me that developer resources went into that instead of being focused on what I do want, or that the game design had to make concessions for the multiplayer part I don't want. Maybe things had to be slowed down/simplified for lag, maybe it's that it's impossible to tune the same content for PvP and PvE equally well, for one reason or another multiplayer always drags down singleplayer. At the very least there should be a cheaper single player only version of games, in these days of every game being broken up into DLCs anyway you can't tell me it's not practical. Otherwise it's like going to a restaurant and having to order some food I don't want along with the meal I do want or not being able to get anything at all.

My "solution" is to wait for such games to get old and cheap, and thus offset feeling like I was forced to pay for multiplayer I didn't want. But then that gets interpreted as lack of demand entirely. How do I vote with my dollars for the single player only games when there's hardly any to vote for? How does my purchase make sure the dev knows I was only buying for the singleplayer? Capitalism isn't good at indicating when you like certain parts of a product and dislike others.

I think companies think money-wise

Mobile = Skip Grind Microtransactions/power up microtransactions

PC/Console = Online PVP encourages powerup/grind reduction/vanity microtransactions

I wonder if game companies would even bother with PC/Console anymore since the effort vs profit is ridiculous in mobile gaming.

2007 is the year the plan kicked into high gear but from the beginning computers were designed to turn society into what it is now.
Drones keeping their complaints to the confines of the internet, believing it makes a difference to whine on a hashtag.
Mentally deficient people thrown into their hugboxes (let it be the bright haired tumblr or chans for crusty manchildren) to make sure deriving from the established norm was widely accepted and somehow encouraged (after all, both websites will throw you out if you're a normalfag).

I mean nowadays people aren't even aware of how enslaved they are because they're too busy posting shit on the internet pretending they understand what's going on.

There are loads of games coming out but you're focusing on AAA diarrhea
go see the good shit small compaines are releasing with minimal or no marketing budget

I despise this saturation of endless multiplayer bullshit that keeps getting shat out right now, especially forums filled with whiny kids demanding singleplayer games get multiplayer

I'll take one A or two A's

If you only meant that OP grew wiser to gamer and game maker stupidity, then I would agree with you.

But I doubt that's what you meant.

Let's save "the sky is falling" crying for when something bad happens.

This. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem like there's much between AAA garbage with its well established problems and C or D shoestring indie garbage that's, at best, a game that could have been good with an actual minor budget behind it.

Seems like there's pretty much nothing in the realm of some money, but not enough money to be controlled entirely by soulless marketing. What especially makes me mad is when some indie studio makes a cheap game, it does well, and the next game seems equally cheap. We support your C game, you give us a B game next time, is how it should work. Then we'd actually have some single-A games and indie would finally be worthwhile.

I never play games on release like a good goy so im never sure when they came out and i couldnt care less either

I can never get into emulation. Playing console/handheld games on my PC just feels weird to me, I don't know why.

Back in the day, it used to be that major studios wouldn't have every single game be either a ruinously expensive blockbuster or cheap cash-in; they'd make mid-budget games as well, usually in more experimental or niche genres and franchses which can make a profit easier, aren't too big a loss if they flop and keep the programmers busy.

But nowadays between inflated profit expectations, routinely treating staff like shit and ruinous graphics budgets, middleware has died out and very few companies even remember how not to break the budget with every game. Capcom used to make games on all levels til they got AAA disease and killed every franchise that didn't sell CoD numbers unless the devs sucked them off.

Maybe you just have shit taste, because playing Playstation games with a DS4 on my PC with beautiful boosted internal res is fucking excellent, and is superior to the original console experience in every way.

You forget about it in 10 minutes, just try it for a long game session and you'll get used to it

Mobile gaming is a poisoned chalice/bubble that relies on chasing profits from a tiny minority of whales. Most people don't spend shit and all the mobile companies that strike it rich go broke a year later when the public gets bored.

Please kill yourself for real. I hate you stupid niggers.

This is a video game board whose users' big portion of life is devoted to playing video games. Many people here actually have a deep and strong passion for this medium, and you should know that if you spend your time here. I see no reason for you to get upset over this.

You are assuming i was born yesterday

I think Holla Forums bitches way too fucking much.

IT HAS BEEN THIS WAY SINCE DAY ONE YOU NEW FAG UNDERAGE PIECES OF SHIT!

Now get the fuck over it, stop bitching, amd find some good games to play.

word

"devoted" as in shitting on every fucking thing
it's like an anti vidya board

Define way too much

anti-shit vidya, correct

There are enough great games that have already been released from gen 4 to now to last you a lifetime.

Jaded fucks with shot taste should just leave this board

it's like an anti vidya board

Because most video games are absolute garbage nowadays. This doesn't only affect consoles. PC has no quality control anymore. If every RPG maker hack and every bedroom programmer can charge you money for their shit games on Steam, then there is something wrong. Every big release is a schizophrenic pile of garbage, because suits who have never heard about the mythical man hour think it has to be done by at least 500 people. A unified vision is impossible to deliver under such circumstances.

And don't tell me that I have grown up. This is a nonargument. 20 years earlier, grown ass men have played dungeon crawlers, Adventures, assburger battleship simulators or strategy games of all kinds. They still do until they can sink the enemies fleet blindfolded on one machine and jew all their rivals in the other on other blindfolded. This used to be the run of the mill casual market. Not a bunch of idiots who get a fucking Orgasm over a dumbed down variant of Morrowwind with a Fallout coating or bunch of really retarded idiots who play games designed for fucking phones that jew even worse than arcarde games switched to the most unfair configuration provided its devs.

There are still good games coming out but they are not the shit that is popular in vidya because the vast majority of people gobble up those garbage products while getting fucked in the ass with bad practices that are against their best interests. To prove that point more or lesse (because all of them are flawed) here is a attempted 3x3 of all recent games I have enjoyed from this year. Spponfeeding free, because fuck everyone who wants to pull the Holla Forums hates everything meme out of its grave for such little bitches over peoples legit complaint about the modern industry.

Preach brother, thats some pretty good taste, when it comes to modern vidya of course.
Ill probably enjoy Total WaWa when its fucking finished and out of Early Access.

Hopefully Shadow Warrior 2, Serious Sam 4, Deathwing, Bannerlord, DoW3 are actually good.

I take it you havent heard the news about DoW3

Fuckoff graphicsfag

Well fuck you too faggot, that wasnt what I was talking about. Get hope for DoW 3, itll be fun to see your tears

You mean the screenshots of its unfinished state? Dude, Dawn of War 1 looked like shit close up when it was announced, only slightly better when it came out and it still does. Why? because the game has to render a horde of units.

I like you.

I never liked western games to begin with so this really doesn't get to me.

DOOM
Phantom Pain
GTAV
Revengence

All fine.

SC2 is ok

I haven't seen enough of the rest to judge.

Wow, overwatch is really not going to fail is it? To bad they got away with all the censorship and the expensive dlc's.

You have shit taste, fuckoff back to /a/

Japanese games apparently.

?

Stellaris is not a good game.

never mind that, I was thinking of sfv by capcom.

It is, but also incomplete, because they want to break your balls with DLC.

Nah son

Stellaris is pretty good even if barebones.
At least its a new IP
Ill be crying when they release HoI4.

An incomplete game which will be riddled with DLC kikery is not a good game. I would elaborate more on why Paradox makes middling at best GSG but you like NuDoom so it would a waste of my time.

>>>/halfchan/

expureino

He either mistook for someone else because he is retarded or he thought one of the games in my chart is NuDoom. Newsflash for that moron: NuDoom is garbage in comparison to the other games. Its over hyped crap, period!

I feel as if we are always going to be waiting for that next game that will surely be the one they promised.

Runescape is good shit though

What kind of an faggot are you? Of course the games have changed, why do you even ask? Unless you are like 13 and started playing a year ago.

Everything changes.

Its most likely a combination of both.

That's pretty much Holla Forums in a nutshell. They could actually foment some sort of change if they'd go out and organize. Instead, they sit on their board and self-radicalize themselves into insignificance.

I still have games I'm looking forward too that come out this year.

E S P O R T S

Go back and play your favorite game of all time and play it thru till the end. It's what I am currently doing, the game is from mid late 90's, and you shall have your answer as I have mine.

They did try and do some change, along with Holla Forums it was called GamerGate. The media, in order to protect themselves, the publishers and the advertisers, smeared the shit out of everyone involved.

Then they completely stonewalled them so that it was impossible for it to move forward and get any real victories or lasting change.

Basically they pulled an Occupy on it. And now alls thats left is the same reddit circlejerkers thinking every bit of internet drama is thanks to them.

Can anyone upload that dating game simulator?