The Matrix

Let's admit it: the sequels aren't too bad and the trilogy is pretty decent as a whole. This also include the animated shorts collection (Animatrix).

Dude Jesus, do you get it? Lmao

nah

It's ok, but I don't get the ending. Also the people of Zion fighting the machines was always pretty boring and I didn't feel it meshed well with the aesthetic of the rest of the movies.

The sequels were cash grabs but at least they were still decent

The sequels are so cringey that I can't even watch them without laughing my ass off now. It's like Hollyjew's version of an action anime.

So which one is more disappointing?

While they all three are shit, the third film gets extra points for having one of the absolute worst mech designs ever.
They should have just copied any mechanical designs they needed from anime.
They'd still fuck it up, but probably not as badly.

Animatrix was pretty good. Surprised they don't make animated anthology films like it that much. The only other animated film that I can think of thats like it is Halo Legends.

Considering how much I love TLotR, The Hobbit movies definitely let me down the most, even if they aren't the worst. Fortunately, an autistic Hobbit fan edited all three of the films, which vary in quality between great and horrible, into one solid prequel to TLotR.

what a faggot, matrix mechs were way better than that gits shit

shit son. all of them have ups and downs. however, it must be absolutely stated that

the hobbit prequels are trash
jurassic park sequels are trash (i only like 3 because of grant coming back, otherwise no fucks given about it)
alien past 3 does not and should not exist
terminator past 2 does not and should not exist

the rest are fine

batman gotham knight
heavy metal
heavy metal 2000
fantasia
fantasia 2000

animated anthologies are nothing new, nor will they ever stop.

Shit forgot about those ones.

I hated them at the time because my expectations after the first movie were meteoric, but coming back to the 2 sequels lately, they're pretty solid fucking movies.

Only thing I still hate is the Smith becomes virus storyline. It basically locked the characters outside of the matrix for a huge chunk of the 2nd and 3rd films.

Indiana Jonestein because of Shia

Matrix was never good. the only people who liked it were plebs who had never thought of entry-level philosophic concepts like "what if everything is a simulation?"

Disney Wars reboot, hands down.

Star Wars prequels
its easy

I don't watch sequels as a general rule. There are a few exceptions but sequels are a festering tumor on cinema that needs to be excised.

Matrix 1 was good because the fights / action were pretty good and the kind of visuals were new. Also Mr. Smith was a pretty good villain.

What cases where the sequel(s) are better than the original? You'd be missing out on them.

It spawned "le redditpilled" meme, so it has to go in the trash. And only the first onen was any good.

lets not

I think they look cool. They're supposed to be made from scavenged materials, by a bunch of nerds and niggers in a cave. It wouldn't work if they looked too sleek.

Genius Party 1 and 2, also Memories

lol butthurt sudocuck

Maxtrix Reloaded was okay in retrospect. Revolution is still crap though, except for visuals. The story really falls apart, despite the sophistry ramblings that was reloaded. Looks like people figured out the code to the matrix is actually sushi recipes. Would have been better if it was 90's anime references.

Reloaded is straight Revolutions is terrible

Well, it was written and directed by transfags and not decent people (like us).

People who post here are probably half transfags

this is your brain on cuckime lads.

holy shit just end my suffering.

Likely BS

The Matrix is one of those things that might actually have the potential to work as a cinematic universe. That is if they have the balls to do new things with it, rather than rehashing the first movie forever. The Animatrix showed there were places you could go with the concept.

Hobbit hands down.
Hopefully they won't go after Silmarillion.
Imagine black Luthien or hispanic Turgon.

Luthien will be the palest blonde they find and they will catch a silverback to play Beren. And Morgoth's gang will be open homosexuals oppressed by the evil gods.

I think the overall story of Reloaded and Revolutions is pretty interesting, but I wish it had been executed better.

Still think Reloaded has one of the best car chases in cinema.

About about all of them. The Prequels are tolerable and Reloaded is too compared to the hobbit and jurassic world and terminator shits etc

will smith was almost going to be neo

Let's not and meme we did.

nah I don't think so. If i remember correctly the studio desperately wanted Smith to play Morpheus , but he read the script and thought the story was stupid and the film would flop so he turned down the role and they went with Fishburne

Well Fishburne is more fitting for the role anyway, no loss at all.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Why do you even need walls if evil and good can live in harmony!
There's enough Silmarills in the world for all!

The Matrix trilogy is only good on a rewatch if you go in with the mindset that Smith is the real One.
The prophecy meant for Smith to bring back balance. Neo is the cancer.

"Will Smith turned down the role of Neo to make Wild Wild West, because of skepticism over the film's ambitious bullet-time special effects."

To be fair, Wild Wild West is a good ass movie. Don't pretend you didn't think the giant mechanical spider was cool.

It was just unnecessary and dull. Not really a disappointment.
They were better than the OT and we're kinos.
Didn't expect anything good. Even if Del 'kill whitey' Toro had made it I wouldn't have had high expectations. LotR was borderline white kino but those times had past.
Those were mostly good though. Alien 3 was the best of the series and Prometheus was kino. Only bad entry was Aliens.
Never really cared for Jurassic Park tbh.
They were okay. Again, these were all super unnecessary but for what they were they were fine.
It was just as good as the old ones.

why would i pretend

ken branagh was gold in that movie, so was will smith whenever he chimped out.

I've never seen so much bad taste in a single post.

dude it's clearly bait

Disappointing sequels general?

I can get the hate for some of these. But more often they are not that bad.
Pretty much like what the other anons said here. Decent action scenes but weak story. Animatrix is alright.
Jurassic Park sequels aren't so bad. I actually like the second. Third is pretty so-so. Fourth doesn't even feel like Jurassic Park.
Phantom Menace and Revenge of the Sith are pretty decent. Clones is boring as hell though.
The first Hobbits and some of part of the second are good. Cumberbatch Smaug make the second worth a watch. Naturally the third movie becomes boring after they kill Smaug.
Aliens & Judgement Day are great. I like Prometheus too, even if the characters can be rather silly (Alien Covenant is boring though). I don't bother watching Terminator past 2.
I haven't watched Crystal Skull so I can't say anything about it. Probably gonna check it sometime.

stopped reading

ok

their salvaged mechs from the late 21st century which in setting was 600 years ago.

if they go the same route as the animatrix it would be great. but i doubt it would have the same aesthetic and would therefore fall flat. the Matrix is a product of early 2000s nu metal bladecore aesthetic. it would be alien to a 2010s audiance

Ok movies, Reloaded had potential to be kino so I guess this is why so many people hated it.

I and III are ok, II is pure kino.

Ok movies, the second one is pretty fun.

3 and 4 are good, didn't bother with Prometheus and Covenant.

2 and 3 are ok.

2 is one of the best action movies ever, 3 is ok, 4 sucked.

Sucked.

The aesthetic is only really dated by the number of leather, trenchcoat and sunglasses wearing characters. You don't need to return to that style exactly. You could have something like the Kid's Story, where another person wakes up to the Matrix, and tackles it in their own way.

Gits mecha looks like a bunch of boxes.

The Matrix broke new ground with the 360 camera scene.
The movie as a whole is a good example of entrainment and meme wizardry. Created as a result of the collective consciousness.
Proof of this is the fact that the creators went completely fucking nuts after making it. The second and third were shit as they were no longer plugged into the collective muse.

The Hobbit is better than LotR.
The characters are more interesting and the story is better. The only redeeming qualities for LotR are the visuals, the music, and of course your childhood nostalgia.

I watched the animated one as a child, seeing all the live action movies recently
I can say without rose tinted goggles that the hobbit movies are not very good, and the LOTR movies are decent or even pretty good