blogs.unity3d.com/2016/05/31/new-products-and-prices/
unrealengine.com/eula
github.com/QuantumInfinity/AntiCaster
archive.is/6K3ob
alumni.media.mit.edu/~jorkin/goap.html
bitbucket.org/nosrick/joy/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

looks useful, thanks

I did a quick google search and apparently unity can do this by default.

Yeah, but I think that requires some 3rd party software that you have to purchase.
It's not cheap either…

Going to be unwrapping and texturing and all that shit. Using these flat colors as a mock up, which of these looks better for the placement of a wooden grip in your opinion?

I'm personally partial to 1/B

I've been UV unwrapping as well, is there any way to make the automatic uv unwrap not fuck up so bad?

Smart UV project right?
If so than nope, or at least not that I've seen, it's best to do it manually, you'll eventually get a feel for how it's done as you go, I'm still learning myself. Try to think of it as unfolding a physical object made of paper.

Also stop using ngons

That's what I get when I manually make the seems, press U, and click unwrap. So Far I've just been manually adjusting it bit by bit. It's not bad just takes a lot of time.

tbh I'd redo the model a little bit and find new points to mark the seams.
One way that works for me if I've made some ngons is to highlight the faces I want to affect, press ctrl+t (this will change it from one irregular shape into a bunch of triangles) , then picking and changing as needed.

meant for

polite sage for double post

How do I make a webm demonstrating my progress? Or alternatively, can I just post my game here for people to install?

1. why aren't you using mirror modifier?
2. in this particular case you are better off using the "project from view" unwrap, then adjust the borders

also your approach may be wrong-ish depending on what you want to achieve

What a mess, I'm having a good laugh at this.

use OBS to record

Well fuck.

Holy shit read a tutorial on UV mapping or something

Thanks man

You should have seen some of my other attempts uv unwrapping…

What do you know, ctrl+t solved all of my uv unwrapping problems. Didn't even have to change my seams. Thanks user.

I kind of want to put little animated waterfalls on the facing side tile, but that seems like a lot of work.

Isn't it that what's required to do that is to make preset tiles with water on them and animate it by gif?

What? No, you'd have all the frames laid out in a spritesheet or something.

Like for 3-6 way river intersections, I split it into left half and right half, because there'd be 6! (720) combinations to do ahead of time. You wouldn't have a lot of preset tiles per se

Anyone got any ideas for what birds I should use for harpies in my game? I got crow, bald eagle, and hummingbird as locked in choices. I'm debating having either the seagull or the pigeon as the rat race, though those could change at anytime. For flightless birds, I know the duck may be a good contender, but I don't know which bird to pick out of the ratites group, because the ostrich doesn't feel right. A good colorful bird is a bit challenging to pick since I'm more informed on browner birds. I may add a vulture that could have better damage boost on wounded enemies, but this is more on the birds themselves not the perks they will get. An owl would also be a good one, may help with the night idea I have.

To help understand, the gameplay is going to be kind of like fire emblem for the fights, and a standard kingdom conquer game in between the battles. Where as fire emblem just has the units on the ground, this will have three states as grounded, low air, and high air. The position you are in will determine the stat boost in a fight. The birds would also have differing health, defense, attack types, position bonuses, and speed. I've got the general idea of gameplay for the battles down, but the kingdom parts are still being thought out. I'm thinking along the lines of having one attack mission and one defense mission in each phase, though things aren't set in stone yet for that portion. It's going to come up eventually, but for now it's just in the early brainstorming phase.

You need these following birds in order to make it gud

all of these will work v. nicely as 'rat types' imo

How about a Kiwi Bird

what about an african swallow?

a magpie, since they are already known for stealing anything shiny IRL

these weird birds.

Theres poisonous birds
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue-capped_ifrit
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitohui

for colorful birds check the parrots, including the flightless kakapo. theres a genus of parrots called ara, so clearly you should do a parrot harpy MILF

if you have male harpies check out the galliformes for button quails and pheasants, as well as birds-of-paradise and hummingbirds

Wiilly Wagtail
Trust me, I went to college.

i am not motivated and uninspired

who to be more persistence in working on my goals anons ?

*pic

Just fucking do it instead of whining like a bitch. Motivation ain't shit. Discipline is key. Don't want to dev? Go fucking dev anyway. Dev something every day, even if it's something small. Write a list of things you need to get done, with a preference order and work through that shit.

Every single day I get up and get to devving. If I have work, I go to work, get home and straight back to dev. Wake up and can't get back to sleep? Dev. Want to play video games? Dev instead.

Use the perspective unwrap.

How about kiwis?

maybe you are right

but man loneliness is killing my enjoyment in my work
thanks bud

If you mean loneliness in general, take breaks and go for walks and shit. Walking is good for the mind to come up with ideas and solve problems, just make sure you always bring a phone or notepad with you to jot stuff down.

Hang out with qt girls if you know any, but limit your time down so you can primarily focus on dev

well, i added the option for multiple enemies in a fight. haven't done allies since then i have to handle enemies choosing who to attack
dialogue/boxing AI now overwrites the old one when i save, before it was deleting it, and that cause me to constantly have to manually re-pick which ones the AI used
i would make an entire video of the thing, but my toaster shits itself midway because of fraps. when i turn fraps off it works fine again. and the game still somehow works better in the editor than the built version, regardless of resolutions. can't tell if i'm doing everything retardedly considering how bloated my scripts have become, i probably am or if it's just unity

homph.com/steam/

he is being mentally raped in front of a camera
what a sad man :_:

no gf for me
i will look around the web for a fourm of a board that share my specific interests
love you bud

why don't you just do some profiling?
You can definitively check if there's anything that drags down performance.

also I'd recommend OBS for recording.

Laden or unladen?

Risk of Rain.

RoR was pretty big.

i've tried OBS, but when i use it i get random framerate spikes every once in a while. fraps is usually more stable, even if it's shit

also download link
drive.google.com/open?id=0B1laio2k4HufcWNZdXZUNUVsZ1k

ah well, if it works it works

I meant qt girls whether gf or not. Even if they're just friends it's refreshing to be in their company.

Any soundfag here?
What are software tools good for making music and sound effects?

Fruity loops, audacity

Added new zombie deaths and lab levels being started since the last time I posted here.

fruity loops is good and easy to pirate. Dimension Pro is a midi program with like 11000 sounds or something and has a lot of cool effects for ambient shit.

That's pretty neat, I like your art

God what the fuck was I thinking when I wrote that shit

Probably thinking about previous garbage you wrote, and wanting to avoid that clusterfuck again.

my dialogue system has nodes
the nodes are usually a few different types, each having a couple of variables for it's purposes
however i was retarded when making this and didn't bother to just make new classes that inherit from the node
so now the node has 50+ variables, even though it only needs like 10 of those
and i'm too far in to just change shit with it now

Man I feel your pain user

FruityLoops is pretty good, so is Ableton Live.

If you really want to get into to sound engineering, programming synths and fucking around with sample layering is a great way to make the sounds you want.

Though synth programming is a bit intimidating once you get past subtractive synths.

if you need a way to make music fast, just use MilkyTracker or Musescore, or you can use LMMS over FL Studio so you don't get hunted down by the FBI

If you need to make music fast, just take a hash of all your hard drive's data then feed it into a noise function. Sound is just data so this will create a unique signal on demand

A friend of mine once tried to code a random music generador that didn't simply rearrange a few samples, he stayed awake for 60 hours and finally gave up, the same friend once coded a fully functional and amazingly optimized 3d engine in pygame just to prove a teacher wrong

I think DF can do that now, in that for the poetry and music arc, different scales, instruments and music styles are generated and concepted. It's left as an exercise to the player to actually make a music within those rules, but someone has done this

Have a bump from page 9

I finally managed make the player carry items in front of him in a way that (most of the time) handles him trying to fit items in too small openings pretty nicely.

Werks pretty gud so far.

post what you have fagtits

What happens when you jump onto the object you're holding?

if he's using a joint, then it shouldn't be possible, unless he's extremely fast
if it did happen though, the object he's holding will quicky go back to it's position relative to the player, and then the player should fall down

I just had a thought. In my game the player is wearing this armor that self heals when power is applied to it, then in the game the player can pick up capacitors or batteries or whatever to charge the internal reservoir that is drawn from to actually heal the armor.

So I thought "where would this power be stored? I know, the armor would be lined with lipo batteries. That way when a bullet actually does pierce the armor the player erupts into flames."

I don't think I'm actually going to do it though.

Old and new with new river tiles

>the next section teaches you the better and more efficient way of doing the same thing
Thanks for wasting my fuckin' time.

I think I'm doing this right?

At least I'm having fun learning.

What is it like, when the creative block hits?

What do you do to shake off the dust? I'm tempted to go to the gym, but I want to put more into what I'm working on before I go.

So what's a guy who wants to do what you guys do need to learn for say a 2D pixel game?
I was thinking with what I'm sure most of us had as kids an NES or arcade machines. Any decent guides for pixel art and what sort of engine would I want to do for this or am I to write it myself?
I got an idea for some games. I may just try.

Dubs decides which sub-culture is genocided in my game

i hope it's furries

Bronies

Masturbation. Make sex a theme

wew.

what do i do then, just killing guys fapping on the floor with DSP as the main villain?

No, you kill people who had no relationships ever and whose rooms smell of cum. Waifufags, thirsty teens, cloppers and yiffers.

No. Say too much of a good thing is bad for you. you jerk off too much you'll lose productivity, too much sex can cause excess leading you to ruin?
Or just have a guy die to a lady who kills men because she likes sex but not the mess after?

Too angry and tells nothing overall other than hatred for things. It's also kinda boring.

Fucking brain. I'll go get a rubber duck I guess.

Here you go.
Bear in mind that this is still a WIP. What bothers me the most is that using the physics engine for that ties the object's movement to the physics tick. 50 fps don't look smooth when the rest of the game runs at 60.
To fix this I will program my own high-frequency joint for carrying, which shouldn't be too hard.

You can't do that at the moment, because the object doesn't collide with the player. It's something I will have to handle later.

Oh wow, that's fucking cool user

I know this pain all to well
I recently had a vague idea that might make refactoring a lot easier
i would divide up my entire project into sections create a generic interface for each part
that interface would be the only interaction between parts of my game and that way i could freely change the entire implementation without needing to make small adjustments everywhere in the code whenever I decided to use a different type of data structure or something.

for instance i might use a vector to store a bunch of important variables but instead of accessing that vector directly with the index i would use some sort function so that when i change the vector to a hash map i only need change the one function.

Does UE4 not support bones that aren't skinned to something or what? I'm trying to import a mesh with 2 unskinned bones (need them to attach shit to), but it just tells me
Warning The following bones are missing from the bind pose:joint3 joint4This can happen for bones that are not vert weighted. If they are not in the correct orientation after importing,please set the "Use T0 as ref pose" option or add them to the bind pose and reimport the skeletal mesh.

I know they have nothing skinned on them, that's the point. The bones in question just end up in a corner. Using T0 as ref just fucks my shit up (rotation is all fucked and so is the pivot position). As soon as I skin anything to the bones, they work fine. Google doesn't help, seems nobody else has this issue.

This was supposed to be a quick 5 minute skeletal mesh to test functionality, been at this for 3 hours now, everybody is telling me it should work but have no idea what exactly is wrong with it. My import settings are the default ones, tried using both FBX14/15 and 16.

ok, so I give up on becoming 1MA and rather specialize in something.

I was able to do everything from art to code to writing to music, but everything was mediocre as fuck.

So I decided to become a programmer after seeing a fellow agdg that I admire his pixel art skills, asking for money and asking if someone needed a pixel artists for cheap.

Then I realized I could work with that guy making cheap games for fun, obviously he would get pay pennies, but at least wont be free work and I hope to share the profits of the game.

So, I decided to specialize in coding and now want to enter college to study software engineering.

So, everything worked fine this week.

t. blogpost.

You can get started by checking out Love.
The engine uses lua, and the tutorials are easy to understand.
Sprites can be any image with dimensions that are a power of 2, png are optimal because of transparency and lossless format.

Not saying that it's necessarily a bad idea, but - at least from my (admittedly little) experience - it's obvious how much of SE was influenced by enterprise programming environments. The goal is to be efficient at producing something that works. It's not to produce something that works efficiently. There's nothing bad with that in and of itself, but if you want to make a good game, performance is king. Especially object oriented programming has the problem that you build yourself a huge infrastructure and layers upon layers of abstraction which help with a lot of things, but also cripple your software's performance.

Again, I don't want to imply it's a poor choice, but you should know that studying SE teach you everything you need to know to be a good gamedev. There will be a lot that you'll have to teach yourself in your spare time; The stuff that is specific to realtime applications and games themselves.

The other choice would be CS, which teaches you all the stuff you need to know in order to program efficient code, just not programming itself.

Just something to keep in mind…

but you should know that studying SE DOESN'T teach you everything you need to know to be a good gamedev.

I have now two years of experience coding games (started with XNA and moved to unity then to libgdx), so I understand how to code a game, right now planning on learning SDL and SFLM and C++ libraries.

BTW my local college only offers SE, not CS.

8ch.net/v/res/9482806.html

Pssst… an evac game or a sandbox game about aliens(without getting Foxed) would be amazing.

theres not even a single good idea in that entire thread
besides whats the point of making an alien game if u can't get giger to do the artwork/modeling it's really a wasted effort

Seems like I forgot what a huge PITA physics engines are.

how far did you get with it? I tried my hand at monogame and I felt way in over my head, how would you reccomend coming at it from?
From what I can tell it's a very powerful framework for 2D games and I'd really love to use it for some sort of complex project, but I feel in over my head when I'm actually trying to make something work

yeah, if you're not used to concepts such as what is a spritebatch you'll find it confusing.

try to make small games first, like pong and breakout at first.

Die in Space Piracy and a game over screen pops up with a randomized quote to berate you.

Got about 65 lines so far. I wonder if I can bring it up to 100.

Well it's something to keep in mind. You do want cr1tikal to speedrun your game, don't you?

I think my major issue was not having the best understanding of C#, which I was learning at the time, and still am. I also had a lot of questions on how things in the framework worked and I couldn't find answers anywhere.
Like for example every movement tutorial I found did it drastically different, and some of them were overly complex while stating they were beginner's tutorials. I ended up just using a simple vector2 and making my characters draw position variables and it worked fine, but I swear there wasn't a single RPG (or otherwise) tutorial that even considered such a simple possibility.

my sides

How about

am i doing this insult thing right because it doesnt seem so

Right now I have the growing desire to shoot myself. I hate physics engines so damn much.

could you please hire me a professional jokesmith then because im not good at this topic

There you go :^)
twitter.com/_anthonyburch

thank you, now i know what to put into lines for high-quality lines for

>I said to your left

wasn't

Good shit. Thanks, mates.

add this
"what the hell were you doing? \nYour best?"

And if you die to the same thing a few times in a row (or more).

I have a skeleton with tons of unskinned bones working just fine in Unreal Engine. In fact the default model in the First Person Shooter template has un-skinned bones for the legs, chest, and neck. Maybe if you start it up and export the skeletal mesh into an .fbx file you can find out how they get around it.

I hope that helps.

This would be all the better if this appears on easy mode.

First time posting progress, be gentle.

This is a platformer I've been working on. Rocket boosting gives you a horizontal boost in the air, but you have to stay on the ground to let it refill. Sliding sends you down at an angle in midair, and does a slide attack on the ground. I'm thinking of adding more movement options. Let me know what you guys think

It sucks dog titties and you should give up.

Does anyone know good alternatives to Spriter?
God, I hate it so much.

Shit. Accidentally uploaded a duplicate screenshot. Fug.

I work on different projects then go back to my main one refreshed

Probably not the best idea because I start many houses and complete few, but I'm never going to be a real dev anyway so who cares.

This is unusual for me as I usually dive in without any plans or research, I just make it up as I go along.

Thanks user, I'll check that later. I mean obviously it will support them, there is no way UE4 doesn't considering how extremely common they are, but for some reason it really really doesn't want to work for me.

OnCollisionStay() doesn't leak memory anymore.
Sweet.

Unity 5.4.0b19 64 bit btw.

guess i'll update, i was using 5.4.0b17

inb4 it's just a bug in the profiler and it doesn't show it correctly.

how the fuck does shit like this happen
it's like my game just doesn't want to run at a decent framerate

Bankers vs Wankers. Play as a jew and rid the world of everyone that disagrees with you.

Transexuals. Light that powder keg.

Do I get to override previous dubs if I get trips?

does the collision work with rotatable objects?

started making a harvest moon clone today
i got movement and the clock done, and im gonna start working on entrances into houses.

looking good man

Have any of you faggot managed to finish a game?

i'd rather i hadn't

That's pretty funny. Are you making more?

i'm making this

That's even funnier than before, but why boxing?

because there's no boxing games for pc, aside from real boxing, and it sucks
i recently also found this guy doing his own thing
i just wanted to play victorious boxers 2 on PC as a yakuza-like game

If thats your work on spriter, it's pretty good!
Yeah "paper doll" animation sucks if you get characters to move alot. But you can "cheat" by having characters move as little as possible, and just cutting to pre-made poses where clothes sit differently, etc (Ace Attourney, Darkest Dungeon).
Not sure if that's viable for the game you are making.

Programs like fraps work by injecting commands into the rendering pipeline that pulls frames from the GPU back to the CPU for encoding and storing. The injected code may be inadvertedly fixing a bug in the process.

This is what I currently have when it comes to guns.

Pistol, 45 ACP Smith and Wesson
Shotgun, SPAS 12
Full Auto Rifle, AK-47
Semi Auto Rifle, MK 14 EBR
Sniper Rifle, Berrett M82
and a one handed sword

Are there any other weapons I can add to give my selection some variety?

Yes but it was shit.

Well, what about having more than one of each kind? Ideally ones that have different strengths/weaknesses.
Take the sniper rifle for example. The M82 is about as unwieldy as it gets. Why not add some lighter sniper rifle, like a DMR of some kind?

is that the goddamn ed edd n eddy sumo noise?

i-uhh, making prototypes and music, prototypes doesn't get far though, so here's some music.

Is that Captain Diomedes?

I'm working on a baneposting game in javascript.
What can I use for background music?

Noice.

I have made progress with carrying items too. It's now less like in Source and closer to what Amnesia has. But at least it fucking works…at last. An entire fucking weekend for what was supposed to take no more than a couple of hours.
Oh, and you can now abuse it if you do some careful placing/jumping, so should be satisfied.
Next stop(s):

funny but i was practicing 'those' in the past.

midi of bane theme?

Yeah, I was planning on making it only accurate if the player is firing while crouching and not moving.

I will look into DMR's.

Sounds a little too optimistic for the spoken words and their tone. No future.
Carrying a "routine intense activity" sort of vibe from it, where one might expect more of a lament, uncertainty or desperation.

Really whippin' the llama's ass there.

oya johnny boya

Well, guess I have no choice but to work on my game now that I have a strange rash on my dick.

It could be from poison ivy, sulfuric acid, or old bug spray I found in my attic as I've encountered those all within the past few days. Please god just let it be a friction burn…

This is the part where you explain how all that shit got onto your dick.

Wrapped up an extension cord that was in the grass and poison ivy is everywhere.
Testing the voltage across the cells in a car battery.
I almost mistook the can of bug spray for machine oil when I was getting an exhaust fan going to keep the attic from combusting to the summer heat.
And I jerk off a lot.

Trannies is it, fuck the dubs

Washing one's hands is a breddy gud practice.
Washing them more thoroughly than usual after handling hazardous materials is also a good idea.

t. someone who has not yet suffered from habanero eyes/habanero dick

I wash my hands no less than 10 times a day with dish soap because you can never be sure if anything is clean enough.

assetstore.unity3d.com/#!/content/54144

Basically, make paths, add GameObjects to a path, and add the AI or player movement scripts. Beizer paths coming very soon now.

fugg

Thanks, user. And that sprite was more of a test sprite to learn how to rig and animate using spriter.
I think my artstyle for the game I plan to make will be much more simpler and it might not need a lot of movement.

AN-94 and make sure it has the dual shot functionality.
F88 Austeyr. HK417.

I don't know, I haven't made any rotating objects. Why do you ask?

Thanks dude.

hello niggus.

I don't understand what's going on in japan

It's a shitty calculator.

Thanks I will add these to the list and look into them.

I knew I could fit all this shit in a 256x256 texture and arrange it to look nice somehow

Trying to texture my Dorfs. Also testing out a faction color swapping tool in Unity.

>tfw his face is just a modified version of the Quakeguy face texture

n o i c e

started drawing more stuff to the UI, coded the basis for stopping movement when using items and also the basis for tilling land and watering it.
time for bed. おやすみ〜

I was about to create a thread but I am not even the expert on AGDG, anyway, I got a commission a few days ago on top of a commission that had countless of delays thanks to my lack of skills with Maya, so yeah, amaeur 3D artist here.

That's right, I wanted to ask you, what's the best way to paint weights on rigs? I am having horrible clipping specially on skirts and it seems that painting certain influences just makes it worse in certain areas.

Got through the next section of this tutorial that explains how to use string characters instead of numbers to define a tileset table, but for the extra effort it takes I'm not sure it's that beneficial.
As I understood it, because the tileset is now being constructed from a string instead of a table of numbers, it will reverse the x and y axis when iterating through columns/rows, so you have to set up new variables and loops to create a table from the rows of characters in the string to maintain the x,y convention.
While it may be easier to visualize the tileset from a string of mapped characters, it doesn't seem like it is actually more convenient than going the number route.

I think I can confidently say that it is poison ivy on my dick.

ouch

so i got the AI to use another tree when it gets hit
basicly, the AI gets hit, and then a bool is set to true
while it's true, the AI uses a different script, until that script reaches a StopOverride node
if the override script is null, the character just does the regular animations for getting hit
so for example, i put this on everyone except hitler - if they're less than 1.25 meters away from me, they dodge
the dodge function first checks if my punch is null. if not, the character dodges in the opposite direction of the punch. if it is null, they dodge backwards
and right now, since this happens after i've punched, my punch is null, so everytime the override tree activates, the AI almost definitely dodges backwards
now i've got finals this month so i probably won't have time to do anything. after i fail them and stop myself from killing myself, i'll start implementing rounds

what do you think brother?
i didn't have much time to mix the last part, so i had to improvise.

I'm just glad its over.

soundcloud.com/zawazawazawachameleon/commodore-practice

I know that feel man, I've been getting into the habit of recording whatever I hum, though I find whenever I need to make a change to a measure, and have an idea on hand, when I listen to the passage again, I forget it.

Also here's the monstrosity I stuck with and finished before moving on. Ever since I started I've been adamant on sticking with it until It's finished before moving on to composing whatever comes next.

Also nice improv with wiggling the sequence back and forth.

its sounds like it has an actual lyrics, nice melody.
[spoiler]any advice on how to get out of the 8 bar loop?[/spoler]

Either a 4 to 8 bar bridge leading back to the dominant with 1 or 2 bars (preferably 2) leading back to the tonic.

The first couple of bars in the first minute sound like they can lead out of it with enough tweaking. (specifically at around 20 seconds)

and thanks, I'm also digging what you posted has a nice "cruising down a sunset highway" vibe, like something out of an 80's movie.

You've got a big talent.

That's a really lovely melody there, user.

That one is cool, too, but I feel like it's a bit… I don't know. Monotonous? I also feel like it could use a bit more stereo separation. The whose post you replied to did a quite nice job in this regard.

While we're on the topic of audio:
Over a month ago my headphone jack died. Ever since then I had to do with the shitty headphone jack of my Logitech speakers that have ridiculous amounts of background noise. Today my new amp+DAC finally arrived.

Now I can finally get back to doing audio stuff for my game. Pic related is the device setup. Those guys certainly have a sense of humor (if that wasn't clear from their name and website already).

a lotta weight for dissapointed gun.
cmon, there's no such thing as talent, just bunch of brain and muscle memory.

THE FIRE RISES!

sounds expensive

I've heard how there are people who treat being told that they are talented as an insult. It disregards the hard work those people put into their craft/hobby/whatever to get as good as they are, and instead implies that they were "just given" everything they needed (talent) for nothing.
I understand that.

Earlier I bought some Chinese brand that was supposedly good. Hifime Sabre 9023 for 50 bucks. People said the specifications were good and it was cheap. Died on the first day. While it did sound good while it lasted, the build quality was about as cheap as it gets. I don't know what they're called, but I'm sure you've seen how cables have a thicker part on both ends. That shit is there for two reasons.

So usually the thick part is glued to the case and the cable is glued to it (not always glued, but always a solid connection). That wasn't the case here; The cable was relatively loose inside it, which means that the soldered connections on the circuit board had to deal with the pulling forces.
Sent it back and got myself a Schiit Fulla instead. Cost me twice as much, but has a two-part (aluminium+steel) case, USB connector rather than a built in cable, volume knob and enough power to destroy both, my headphones and ears.

What engine?

Sigh.

if you can't even muster up the willpower to buckle down and use something like game maker then clearly you're ideas aren't all that great.
If you want it then get it already

It's worse than that. I'm more than halfway through a project.

what are you working on and what's it in?

Which coast color looks better?
Is it too thick?

I also want to have the shoreline water animate closer by 2 pixels

PICK RIGHT DAMN IT!
Its more appealing.

Okay, that's what everyone else seems to say too.

I thought the left looked better because it's more "beach sandy" but I just wanted to check

What makes a game comfy?

A lot of it is using the right music at the right time.

I did not say that you have to have music, just that it plays a big factor. See: Space Engine

Right looks objectively better. The coast blends in. On the left it really sticks out.

Would you maybe want to make the beach tile color the same as the connected tile?

For example if the swamp was up against the beach would it turn greenish?

Just something for thought but either way the tile looks great.

role. Plays a big role.

It could be as simple as having one area that the player can go and just decompress, some place where they can just enjoy the ambience.
Just some sound effects like waves crashing on a beach and the distance sound of a seagull, the sound of a fireplace crackling in a old cabin during a snowfall. Sound effects a really important for setting the mood.

amazing development process, can you tell me more?

yes
you see Ivan
when AI get hit
bool set to true
that way
whenever you feel like use tree
fear of getting hit make you use different tree
that way you never get hit

Bump from page 12.

I think it'd be possible, but it would create a lot of work. It'd depend on whichever tiles I end up using, which means a set of coast tiles for each tile. For now a generic one works just fine, but there isn't a lot I can really do with the few pixels I have to work with … plus I'd have to probably have some kind of transition, too.

So I decided to implement light levels.
Here's the first pass.

I throw my lantern at a slime, and the light source moves! I'm so pleased with how it's turned out, considering it only took me an hour or two.

Completed coast tileset and animated it (36 or 54 tiles depending on how I divide them)

Fuck, that's juicy.

The terrain colors look a little washed out. Are they placeholders?

Hadn't thought about it much. So far, only the river, coastline, and rocky edges are "final", the desert and dirt and jungle tiles were ripped from somewhere and while I made the water tiles, they're very bland.

I haven't really gotten a palette going yet, but I'm trying to keep it to 3-5 colors per thing.

So I spruced up the lighting a bit. Still some issues, as you can see at the end when I throw my lantern.

If you want some inspiration, here's some old stuff I worked on

That looks sweet as fuck. I'm never going to attain that level of glory.

very early WIP/concept stage of a giant tripod walker I'm working on. Trying to build it with an RTS in mind, as something of a mobile base that can be upgraded with factories, defense turrets, science labs, etc.

Trying to figure out how to do gravity in love just by fucking around, I now appreciate the complexity behind super mario.
Just getting an object to fall is simple enough, but the jump needs a check to prevent the object from flying into space, there needs to be a collision check to prevent object from falling through walkable platforms, and I've yet to even learn how to make the platforms.
This shit is radical.

That's cute.
Also, have some more progress.

I found the interactive bind skin tool in Maya so it may help with the clipping issues I had earlier, so, in general terns I just wonder, whether it is Unreal or Unity, how complex could it be to make a porn game? I mean, the basic components of those are dress up, body morphs, rooms, animations and scenes, the rest are events and all that, or maybe it would be easier to try to replicate SFM with less crap?

Wrong pic

Porn games would be relatively easy to make. What isn't is making good 3d art that won't clip and look awful, especially when it comes to interactivity. Animations especially.

Make a VR porn game before anyone else and I guarantee you'll be raking in more dosh than you can spend

Nice to see you making progress man.
Can you tell em what exactly will your game be?

VR is kind of an implementation if you ask me, I want to make a good "make your own porn movie" game, with as much mod support as possible.

MULTI BAR DRIFTING!

bass/10, though I have some concerns:
My gear is: Superlux HD 668B headphones, Creative Gigaworks T20 Series II speakers, Realtek ALC1150 Audio Codec, speaker headphone jack acting as amp.

There is such a thing as talent, however it's greatly overrated.

Talent is like starting out at lvl5 in a game with a cap of 100 and with scaling so xp requirements increase, but so does xp rewards. You start out ahead of other and this advantage may seem great, but your initial advatage of 200xp will be nothing when the party is around lvl50 and you all have around a million xp. It's a small headstart in a verly long race. Unless you're also faster (work harder), you'll eventually get outran.

I agree with in that there is too much bass and you get clipping.
I use much better gear than him and a I also get it (although not in all the places he does since my headphones seem to handle it a bit better). In Audacity you an even see it clipping in some places.
(AKG K550 headphones and a Schiit Fulla as DAC and amp.)

I agree. It's just that there are people who act as though talent is everything and not just a headstart.

user, i was doing the same wrong rendering procedures for my whole life. And it only struck me like..now. 32bits fixes the rattling, but even on 48khz/32bits some of the artifacts are still present which i've removed manually in auda. LMMS is a fine program but stuff like this makes me want to pirate
Fruity.
This happens on any driver.

thanks for the tips.
a.cocaine.ninja/gmdgha.mp3

Might want to read that:
head-fi.org/t/415361/24bit-vs-16bit-the-myth-exploded

In short:
so should i just stop renderting at >16bit quality and just keep the sound lower than 0dbs to avoid clipping?

It's a Rogue-like (as in, like Rogue, not Rogue-lite shit), with a life simulation slapped on top. Every living creature can feel happiness and sadness, as well as have needs. How happy you are affects how well you perform in tasks, how quickly you heal, and even how well people react to you.

I've changed IDs because I'm posting from work hue

The short version is that no human can hear it. Increasing the resolution doesn't increase the quality, but gives you more breathing room. If you really used the room 24 bits offer, you would die. Don't forget that sounds are just waves of compressed air. With 24 bits you can easily go way above the kind of pressure that will kill a man.
The short version is that you mix your music at 48 bits, but the end result should be 16 (since that's way more than enough almost soundcard uses it by default unless messed with).

I'm not sure what you did with that mp3, but the rattling is gone. The whistling is worse, however. Though it still only occurs with my speakers, on my headphones it sounds perfect.

So, like Universe at War, then? Not bad.

I didn't do much.
Normalize -1db
Amplify +1db
If its doesn't clipping and clicking, thats fine to me.

Fuck, getting that one melody out of the way made it easier to shit something else out.

soundcloud.com/zawazawazawachameleon/blooper-street

I'm really enjoying the C64 Vsts, though the controls are a bit lacking, just basic ADSR filters and a PW/noise gates.

I'd use a tracker, but I like the workflow a DAW offers, in comparison anyway.

nice.

Not bad. You're going places.

It's a good thing. Music and sound design are undervalued elements of game design nowadays.

Note that the article extensively discusses recording. This is not relevant to any of us, since (I assume) all the musicfags here strictly use software with samples they at least did not record themselves. Obviously you should always work in a format with as high precision as possible, as long as the software doesn't gets prohibitively slow, but when exporting a compressed format is adequate.

For instance, it's recomended in graphics to pass vertex position attributes into the GPU as normalized shorts (16-bit), because that provides enough precision for most uses, however the GPU will convert everything to 32-bit floats and do math on that, even colors. This is in part because it's easies to have just one register type and one type of every math operation, but also because if I for instance transform a vertex to worldspace (for whatever reason) I need to have a data type that can accurately store the result of that transform, even if the vertex ends up at +100 000 or something. The analog to that in music is that when you run various filters, transforms and tools on your stream, the samples may go all over the place, but if you clip it to the max value you'll get an artefact. It's important that each transform can be inverted and the original data recovered, or errors will accumulate.

Also, how the music is quantized when exporting from the program is obviously hugely important. If a less-than-optimal technique is used when exporting, the result is less-than-optimal. With open source in particular it's possible they overlooked a setting or used a bad algorithm, causing artefacts to appear in the 16-bit export. It's probably fine in the internal format, but the cd quality export is botched. I'd say it's probably best to export to a high-resolution format, like 32-bit wav, then possibly process further with dedicated tools, then encode to compressed format. I'd at least try exporting to 32-bit wav, then encode to opus with ffmpeg and listen to see if it sounds good. If it does, great. Whatever additional processing the encoder did removed the artefacts. If not you'll probably have to find a tool to perform a better resampling.

This thread is as much a "amateur maker of things relating to computers" as it is gamedev. Either way it's a nice dicussion since sound and music is extremely important and relevant to gamedev.

Anyone feel like making a sample track as a challenge for my Rogue-like?

I'm sure this is mostly right, but I know a number of us do record. I do, at least. If I recall correctly, AppleGreen does as well, though I don't know if he's /agdg/ specifically.

I'm actually interested in all of this information, I've been getting into the habit of recording possible samples, though I haven't cleaned any of them up, or applied them to something like direct wave.

I've been using a pair of shure57s to mic up my Superchamp.

The quality is alright, but I want to get the process down pat before using the samples fully. I have unfinished stuff using said samples though, none of it is as complete or clean as I'd like.

As of now I'm focusing on trying to get compositions done in a coherent and complete manner and familiarize myself more with the tools at my disposable.

So far so good though, I have subtractive synthesis down pat, and have been fucking around with additive and FM variants for the last couple of weeks, and can put together a mix, as well as EQ properly.

Though with real samples, EQ'ing has been a bit trickier, but I've managed thus far. My only concern with using my samples now, is how can I guarantee consistent sound and tone from my samples?

I'd be down, do you want something medieval? Gothic? I got some example tracks already made to give you an idea

soundcloud.com/zawazawazawachameleon/misty-battlefield-pre-mastered (someone else wanted this, got an offer, but never heard back from the fella)

aand
soundcloud.com/zawazawazawachameleon/hallowed-halls-hijinx-er
this for an unrelated RPG that wasn't a fit for

Something slower and atmospheric though, I'm assuming?

Actually, either of these are perfect.
Maybe a little slower, but I love upbeat shit too much.
I do want it to feel like an epic adventure, after all.

i'm in. Lets do this.

Is that fan art? Of my game?

my heart swells

Also, just to give you something to laugh about, here's something.

I threw that bag of pennies and killed a slime.

I'm not a musician, but I can give you some technological information that might be useful.

What's compressed once is gone »forever«. You cannot undo what you mp3 encoder does to your audio signal. As such, you should always record and store your shit in a lossless format (preferably FLAC, since the size of a .wav library gets out of hand really fucking fast).

Codecs such as mp3 compress your audio in a variety of ways. First, they cut off all the frequencies "you wouldn't even hear in the first place". Of course, as you compress more and more aggressively, "what you wouldn't hear" turns into "what's not 'that' important". Still, with a quality mp3 this isn't really that big a problem. We are talking about flat-out and borderline inaudible frequencies here.

When you have an intense signal at a specific frequency, the nearby frequencies become inaudible for the human ear (pic related). Lossy algorithms use that and remove anything that the ear probably cannot hear anyway.
That's the real problem.
Suppose you want to equalize your sample and make a specific frequency range less intense. It is entirely possible that you now have other frequencies not being masked anymore, so they become audible over the one you push to the background. That is, if you don't work with compressed audio where the previously inaudible frequencies have already been removed.

44.1 kHz is what the most end-users use on their machines. Resampling between them … 44.1k 48k 96k … is also a lossy process. So you should avoid resampling as much as possible and ideally only do it once at the end.

don't get cocky, focus.

2kg bags of pennies are pretty fucking lethal when thrown at high speeds.

I did a few quests, collected up some money, and then went on a rampage of penny-flicking and bag-slinging.

sounds too overkill.

I'm going to make it so you don't get bags of 200+ copper for completing a quest. Maybe a wallet of notes or something.

Something less heavy, certainly.

With a 2 kg flail you should be able to kill any enemy that's not too much bigger than yourself.

FUG
It was going so well, too.

You could make it so the bag will likely break, spilling coins everywhere.
Then you have a monster that throws small objects (like the coins), but appears in large quantities when there are loose coins.

I actually considered exactly this.

I'm going to call them grabblers

blogs.unity3d.com/2016/05/31/new-products-and-prices/
so unity are being jews as usual

Is there any real reason to buy a Unity upgrade?

well actually its more forgiveable
most of the devs doesn't need a source code…
Literally jews

So, I'm making a 3d game/simulator for fun, and I've just gotten a basic implementation working with camera rotation and arbitrary movement based on the camera's rotated coordinates (the whole transformation matrix shebang). My problem is, it now works "too" well: as you can see, I have 6DOF, which is fun, but I also want to implement a way to stop the player from turning their head upside down and from flying up by looking up and pressing W.

Has anyone here done this before? It seems to me the best way to do it would be to split the player camera into 2 coordinate systems, one with its 'up' direction normal to the surface beneath the player, one free (so, the player's body and the camera), but that still wouldn't give me gimble lock, and might not be too efficient… Any advice, /agdg/?

Webm for your trouble, lookit those sexy hard-coded vertices

I'm fucked hand user btw. All better now!

I'm sorry Holla Forums, file is corrupt? u wot? Let's have a gander at this

oh right, i think you're legally obliged to buy a license if your games break 100k $ per year

Guess I'll stick to Unreal then? I don't know, Unity had a free template for a character customizer but I guess it can be done in Unreal, so that means I can't have my own title screen on my games?

if i ever finish third reich boxing, i'll definitely move to unreal/godot later

Now that you mention that, it would be interesting to know, let's say I go through and make my porn game in any of those engines, so far so good it sells but the nature of the game and the fact that I allow modding means that it inevitably gets cheese pizza mods among other things.

How do you think the owners may react? I mean, it is not my fault if someone finds a way to turn midgets into lolicon and shotacon or other stuff.

None of the big engines allow you to make porn, loli/shota or not. You'd have to release anonymously to not get C&D'd/sued, and then no one's going to be able to whine about those mods either.

i don't see any of that in UE4's eula.
unrealengine.com/eula

Are you completely sure?

actually the Cryengine eula really cares about that

john ravioli will always be my favorite industry kike

prepare for the damage control

???

Welp, as long as it is not UE or Unity then there may be a loophole.

You have to acknowledge and thus associate them with your product, and they have a right to tell you to not release anything offensive with their logo on it. Since you're not allowed to just release without it, you can't release. This isn't news.

So let's see…
We have the fuck about for two hours version
the pirate version
the actually successful gamedev version/pirate when have more bandwidth version
and the AA version

Did I get that right?

I recall that happening with Hatred, and they literally asked their logo to be removed but the game was released.

didn't they specifically change the EULA later because of that?

cmon, 90% of Epic Games staff is men.

Serious Sam?

Because they added this specifically when the Hatred discussion flared up, but the previous EULA was still in effect for those guys, so Epic settled after reviewing the game extensively.

No idea, in any case why would porn be considered offensive?

because someone fat got offended that they don't have sex

I see, in any case is not like a porn game would be sold at Steam or the like, it would be put on sale on adult sites, but then again, people seem to hate others having fun with sex.

hunniepop was on steam, right?

Wasn't it censored? also, is not quite the same I think, a game focused on literally making your own porn movies vs a puzzle with porn as reward.

Enginedev here. Would show off with flashy webm if I wasn't busy with the graphics pipeline rewrite to actually make the thing easily configurable without hacking shit in.

The usual way of implementing camera controls is to just bind mouse movement to change in camera yaw and pitch. This is how every game seems to do it, and its what people are used to.
When you create the camera matrix, simply rotate it by -yaw and -pitch across whatever axis are appropriate in your coordinate system and you're good to go.

6DOF is fun, but generally doesn't serve a purpose. There's some games that have it for no fucking reason (e.g. old Ace of Spades), and in those cases it ends up being vomit-inducing.
Other games, like space-shooters, CAN use 6DOF. These games usually just store an "up" and "forward" vector, which is transformed whenever you either move your mouse or press Q/E. (Horizontal mouse movement rotates your forward vector around the up vector. Vertical mouse movement rotates your up and forward vector around the cross product of your up and forward vector, and Q/E rotates your up vector around your forward vector.)

My shitty camera code pre-rewrite is as follows:
float16 cameraCalculateCameraMatrix(float3 pos, float3 yawpitchroll) { // By default, the camera points to -z, with +x on the right and +y up. // We change this so that the camera instead points to +x, with +y on the left. // This is accomplished by turning the camera 90deg up (pitch+=M_PI_2, from -z to +y), and then 90deg to the right (yaw-=M_PI_2, from +y to +x). float yaw = yawpitchroll.x - M_PI_2; float pitch = yawpitchroll.y + M_PI_2; float roll = yawpitchroll.z; float16 transform = initf16identity(); float16 rotRoll = initf16roty(-roll); float16 rotPitch = initf16rotx(-pitch); float16 rotYaw = initf16rotz(-yaw); float16 mov = initf16translate(scalef3(pos, -1.f)); transform = mulf16(transform, rotRoll); transform = mulf16(transform, rotPitch); transform = mulf16(transform, rotYaw); transform = mulf16(transform, mov); return transform;}
This calculates the camera matrix which is then used to create the WVP matrix. My code also rotates everything so that instead of the default unity coordinates (forward = -z, up = +y) I use my own world coordinates (forward = +x, up = +z). This is so that in game logic, yaw = 0 points toward (1,0,0), and incrementing yaw does the standard rotation around the z axis.

I could help you on your way of making a camera system that's befitting of your game, but you gotta give me more info as to what you want to make.
You should never write camera controls like this if you want 6DOF, but if its the usual mousemovement = yawpitch camera you want, this is how you code that shit in.

lol?

A tiny porn game only advertised on adult forums and bought through a WIP paypal routine won't get enough attention to justify spending the money to file a C&D or whatever

It's when you actually start making a bit of bank and normalfag gaming media picks up on it that the lawyers get called in

Im thinking of making something like this experiment i did a few months ago, but in full 3D. Too bad the graphics have to be ray traced to achieve this effect and gpus aren't really fast enough for it.

absolute madman

Can't you just use BSP's instead to get the same results? Those support excessive use of portals just fine.

I'm using Love to make a dirty platformer. I don't think they have any rules that isn't directly related to the license on the engine's source.
In the case of unity, I'd say fuck 'em and just accept paypal donations while distributing the game for free.

Those are some stupid things you're saying there.

I already said he should just publish through 7 proxies with no name attached and bitcoin if he wants money. Paypal is the worst option you could pick in this case.

BSPs? Also this doesn't use any portals, the vector in the 'weird' tile is multiplied by a vector and then normalized to create the effect.

This is fucking with my brain.
HOW DID YOU DO THAT

In other news, I got bars for stuff into the game.
Here, you can see the player's mana bar decrease as they use their Power Attack. Also getting interrupted in my slime-smashing by a lonely naga. Please, forgive the UI jankiness.

see
Also, i have the source online: github.com/QuantumInfinity/AntiCaster

yeah, you just need to upgrade to pay monthly seemingly forever if you have a successful game.

actually, do they own your shit if you don't comply with that?

Binary Space Partition (BSP) is how a lot of old games, like doom and the like, rendered their environments.
The way they do this is by making every "partition" purely convex, subdividing it as needed. Then you can just draw every partition through portals from other partitions (abuse the stencil buffer to easily do this).

Because every partition is draw through portals, you can make the partitions physically smaller or bigger than they would realistically be. (E.g. if you had a circular hallway, you could make one half's partition's twice as long. This would obviously not make sense in a euclidean world, but BSPs allow it, because you're traversing portals, not euclidean coordinates.)

I _might_ have something like that already, not sure. Here's my current code:
static void cursor_position_callback(GLFWwindow* window, double xpos, double ypos){static double previousYpos = ypos;static double previousXpos = xpos;double currentXpos = xpos;double dXpos = previousXpos - currentXpos;double currentYpos = ypos;double dYpos = previousYpos-currentYpos;if(dYpos != 0 || dXpos != 0){previousXpos = currentXpos;previousYpos = currentYpos;glm::mat4 temprotate = glm::mat4(1);temprotate = glm::rotate(temprotate, static_cast(dXpos/500), player.upVector);temprotate = glm::rotate(temprotate, static_cast(dYpos/500), player.rightVector);player.lookRtMat = temprotate;}};
I think 6DOF was the wrong way to put it, it's more that if you push the mouse up, your view keeps rotating till you're looking forwards again, but upside down. Does your camera code 'clamp' that, so it doesn't happen? I store the orientation of the player and their 'upVector' (and 'rightVector') as unit vectors, (which my movement code relies on, it builds transformation matrices between the world coordinate system and the player coordinate axes, like in your code), would it be enough to just derive angles from them and operate on those like your code does?

I just want to make a generic FPS for now, character can walk around/look around, go up and down stairs, maybe shoot some critters. The whole exercise is more for fun/learning than anything, though I did have a nice idea for a TRON-style setting inside a computer where you wander around and kill things with guns.

Thanks for offering your help with this, by the way, user! Not often you see a show of kindness like that on this site.

Archived~ archive.is/6K3ob

Ah i see. I have been experimenting with ray traced BVH's in OpenGL/CL, but i came to the realization that the nodes in a BVH tree aren't traversed in order, which i need for this effect to work. Im thinking about trying octree's but im not sure if it would make a big difference.
I did experiment around in libGDX to make a 3D version which runs at reasonable speed, but ill need to think about how to store texture coordinates for each voxel without using an enormous amount of VRAM.

Also, this doesn't seem to want to post

Correct.
Yaw wraps around -π ~ π so it stays in a sane range, and Pitch is clamps between -0.5π ~ 0.5π.

I didn't do that in my old code, but yeah that could work.

But personally I recommend that as long as you don't intend 6DOF to be a thing, then you avoid the whole premise of "up" and "forward" vector all together, and just use a "yaw" and "pitch" value that you use to directly mess with the camera orientation.

From what I can google glm::rotate seems to rotate a matrix around a given vector by a given angle.
You can easily implement yaw/pitch rot by just first doing the pitch rotation (which is the horizontal left/right line when facing directly forward), and then doing a yaw rotation (which is the vertical up/down line when facing directly forward).
Meaning, assuming right is +x, and up is +y when facing directly forward (AKA: default OGL coordinates):
float yaw, pitch; // wrapped/clamped to the correct ranges, modified on mouse movementglm::mat4 camrot = glm::mat4(1);camrot = glm::rotate(camrot , pitch, glm::vec3(1, 0, 0));camrot = glm::rotate(camrot , yaw, glm::vec3(0, 1, 0));

I really am staying up late and should fuck off to bed, but god damn do I love enginedev.
Also /agdg/ is in general pretty helpful if you don't expect to be handed everything for free and happen to have competent folks hanging around in the thread.

Oh, alright! I'm hitting myself now, I should only have to change out a few lines of code to get that to work… I'll just need to add angle tracking and replace the vector tracking I was using for the camera, yeah. It'll have to wait till tomorrow, though- I'm staying up too late as well! Go get some sleep if you like, user, I don't want to be keeping you. I get what you say about enginedev, though- it feels great to build something yourself that works, and be able to look back and say 'I made that…' rather than use a predetermined framework like unity, though I can understand why someone would.

Anyway, thanks again, user. I'll have a go tomorrow and post the results to the thread. Night!

gayme maker.
I'm trying to kill two birds with one stone, I want to become proficient in it because it would make development time a whole fuckton easier on me since I'm solo, and I also have an idea for a game I want to make that's going to involve farming, so I'll be able to move over the mechanics in it over to my better project.
I plan to delve into C++ in a few weeks, but I'm too busy right now.

Are you using a 'predetermined' compiler, or one you wrote yourself? Did you discover the major concepts by yourself, or were they predetermined by someone else? Did you even write the IDE you're using?

I built my computer and the tools I needed to nuild it by hand, from scratch, and then wrote an OS and programming toolchain by rhythmically banging a rock on a hard drive to flip the right bits. Whay about you?

Reductio ad absurdum is not going to work here.

In fact, let me run your argument backwards a bit. Why exactly are you making coding assets for a game engine using a high-level compiled language again? Wouldn't it be easier to just use an interpreted language, ex. Python/Lua? In fact, why use an engine at all? You have to make a bunch of basics yourself, like building maps, making assets, writing code for simple shit like character controller, AI pathing etc. Why not take an existing engine and just mod it? Why not just make a gmod gamemode? Even then, that's a lot of effort too. Why not just spice up one of the existing ones, change some configs, download some workshop addons and such. Well, that's work too, so why not just give up on this whole "making things" thing we've got going on and just buy and play games like regular people? That'd certainly be much more productive. In fact, the only thing more productive I can think of is to quit games and get a job. Like regular people. That's certainly productive.

tl;dr eat shit unityfag.

Stop arguing about engine bullshit and post some fucking progress.

No progress, only pulling my hair out trying to implement a GOAP system. Research and hair pulling.

GOAP?

Goal Oriented Action Planning. It's a type of planning system for AI used originally in FEAR and then later in STALKER and other games.

alumni.media.mit.edu/~jorkin/goap.html

I think I implement this in Joy.
Where if the AI is hungry, they'll check their immediate surroundings and backpack for food. If there's nothing, they'll wander to try and find some.

I didn't bother researching; I just planned out a system that I thought would work and went from there. I design all of my own shit with no prior knowledge, really.

Want access to my code?

I've done the same type of shit as that, but it wasn't done with a GOAP system. If you wanna post it, it'll be interesting to look at regardless or whether or not it's what I'm looking for.

It's hosted on BitBucket, you got an account I can add to the repo so you can browse it?

I do now. Moonman88

There, I added you to my repo. You can find it at
bitbucket.org/nosrick/joy/

Thx m8. Will take a look now quickly before bed.

You'll want to look in JoyLib/Code/Entities and Joy/Data/Scripts/Needs. That's where the bulk of the AI stuff goes on.

Nice, I like the project. Looks very interesting. You don't appear to have a GOAP system in place for the AI, but it looks nice regardless. Close to what I already have in mine, except now I'm migrating to GOAP.

Ah, okay. I didn't really have anything in mind when I was doing the AI, I was just thinking "I need it to do this" and made it do it.

That's usually how I do it, and it usually turns out fine. In this case I want complex, somewhat clever AI so I need a better system than a BT like I'm currently using.

Any of you music bros got any progress to post?

Try asking in the new thread, this one's on page 14