Going to college to be a great communist leader

Being a software developer is fucking boring, going to college for the first time at 23.

Should I take Philosophy, Political Science, Law, Sociology, or what? I want to be Zizek when I grow up.

Other urls found in this thread:

atomicinsights.com/the-three-gorges-dam-why-china-is-run-by-engineers/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You're too old. You'll look like a creep if you unironically go to college at that age. Please stay a software dev.

this post is retarded for so many reasons

lmfao you arent 17 anymore

☭ ☭ ☭ STEM☭ ☭ ☭
atomicinsights.com/the-three-gorges-dam-why-china-is-run-by-engineers/

And just take electives or a minor in something that gives you Marxist theory. Hell, you don't have to go for a grade. You can audit politics-related courses for free with no impact on your GPA.

Most of my colleagues while I was in college were over thirty. At least half were middle aged and up.

You're never too old to educate yourself. You can be, however, too young to be on imageboards.

Someone in their 40s going to college is a bit weird (not terrible, but weird and unlikely to fit in), but 20s and 30s are fine. College kids will like to have someone who is a bit of an oldfag around.

my mother was 36 when she went back to college so it doesn't matter to me

finance so that we can start a global mutualist bank with much much lower interest rates than capitalist's one and destroy the banking system from within

terrible meme

WEW

Already in STEM, bored as fuck. Philosophy & political theory are the only things that have kept me interested for most of my life.

hanging around STEMlords makes me depressed because they are huge classcucks.

rev up that slick entrysim then

Yes.

pure propaganda and its not a proper science

If you found software dev. boring…

Full with liberals, humanists and other charity-challenged people. and its not a proper science

Thanks, thoughts on History degrees? Better to take as a minor with philo or what?

How about music with a minor in philosophy.

My grandmother went to college like 3 years ago to study ethics, i shit you not.

Don't. Fuck minors. Go full philo.

Minors tend to be dumbed down versions of a proper discipline, which means that you get to spend less valuable time with your major plus get a useless intro-level shit to something else.

The uni I'm currently attending has a philosophy course with option for "philosophy specialization" (instead of minors).

Fuck minors, seriously. The whole Bologna system is a sham. You are led to believe that you are losing all these special options and variety if you don't chose minors. You either take something seriously or don't - especially with philosophy.

granny was onto something?

Thank you for the advice, I had no idea how they worked. Full philo it is.

How it Political Science propaganda? It's basically just philosophy mixed with the study of political structures and systems.

Code monkey isn't real STEM user, it's not even computer science. I doubt you've even taken differential equations or multivariable calculus. I think you should give some serious math and physics a try, and see how you like it. But again, I think you should audit the courses you're interested in. There's no reason to pay money for a philosophy class when you can sit in for free and absorb the same info, without being assigned a 26 page final paper every semester.

Kek, this desperate shilling for STEM.
You have no idea how fucking pathetic this makes you look.

Kek, ironically i introduced her to Kant, but she went to college because she needed formation to be part of some comitee.

Do you even know what a course audit is? I'm telling him to consider attending a philosophy class at university, but not pay for it.

You can study STEM shit at home just fine too, but imo it requires more discipline and focus because it's just not as fun a lot of the time.

i studied computer programming and software dev since I was 12, I know I can study philosophy at home too but I would rather get into teaching/writing and would prefer an academic environment to study this stuff.

It's unlikely I'll be able to find work with a philo degree, but much less so without one.

Plus, it'll be nice having a break from corporate work for a few years. Alienation is fucked

>tfw still in college at 24 for comp sci so I can dev software my dream is vidya
Should I JUST kill myself

nah, I'll be 24 or 25 when I get my degree too. that said you have to be out of your mind to want to do industry gamedev. extremely undercompensated and crazy crunch times.

Im also studying Philosophy at college OP. Not for the same purpose but hey I am also a communist.

Also double majoring in Creative Writing because I love being surrounded by real life tumblr all the time.

I'd actually prefer to be an indie dev

I wish I had the drive to work more on amateur game dev and modding in my spare time

Study mainstream economics. Then become a Marxian economist and rek rightists
Get well known and run for office