Dragon Quest Thread

It's Dragon Quest's 30th anniversary! Why not have a thread for it?

Are you new to the series? Have you wasted countless hours getting 100% in IX? Somewhere in between?
List your:

I wish you best of luck in your adventures. May the metal slimes stay for just one more turn.

Other urls found in this thread:

dragon-quest.org/wiki/Dragon_Quest_V#PS2_remake
nichegamer.com/2016/05/27/dragon-quest-builders-comes-west-ps4-ps-vita-october-2016/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

JUST

V is amazing, and not quite as long as VII-IX
And the first few hours of VII are extremely fun. I would just go for it

It's a shame about the spinoffs not being translated. Rocket Slime was amazing

Life is suffering.

Isn't that impossible? I thought there were mutually exclusive achievements, like one for speedrunning the game and one for taking ages to beat it.

V>III(Snes)>IV>VIII>III(Nes)>VII>IX>VI>I>II

what are the chances of 11 sucking massive ass based on what we already know?

I doubt DQ XI will suck. Yes, Square it's fucking Square, but the employees who work on the DQ games aren't that stupid.

Their prototype of DQ IX was an action RPG.

How is it possible for Toriyama's art to have gotten worse since the 80s?

forgot flag

I wonder how playable it is without being able to read the text? I remember completing the GBA game many years ago, although I might've used a walkthrough or something.

seemed more like real time with pause to me.

It's literally the same gameplay as the other ones.

What's up with that? It's not my favorite, but it's either my second or third favorite. I really liked how everybody could learn to do everything and just keep piling up the skills. The plot wasn't very memorable, but seriously, I love games that let you stack up all abilities at once so much. That's how the job system in FF games should be.

Complacency.

You mean the 90s? Because his Chrono Trigger stuff at least was also as good as anything of his I've ever seen.

I think his art got worse when he switched from traditional media to digital specifically. He's just not as good with digital art production as the old-fashioned way. Beyond that, I'd say his drawing and design skills are right about where they always were.

GBC remake of DQ1 (I have only played the first three in their various versions)
Gold Golem
Female Jester. I never played any DQ games past 3 and she's the most fappable character in the Loto trilogy (although, ♀Warrior is a close second).

The GBA game is generally playable by skipping the text. Since it has the same gameplay it shouldn't be too hard to manage

Any reason for that?

I'm surprised squeenix didn't do as much of the remakes and ports across all systems for DQ as they did with FF.

They did do a lot but most of DQ is Japan only.

スライムもりもりドラゴンクエスト3 is really fucking good. I'm not sure quite how easy it would be to play with no moonrune knowledge, though.

Kinda. I played through I-IX for the first time last year, and it took me most of the year to do it. Didn't do much of IX's post-game, I wasn't IX's biggest fan.

Pretty tell-tale sign that you're early on in your studies, or that you're just trying to gloat, you know.

From what I remember of DQIX, it doesn't seem all that long, it's just the post game shit that eats up all your time.

I think he means costumes, items, and shit within reason.
I'll never get 100% since they never gave me Carvers shorts before Sellma lost her job.
I really hope they chill it with the accents and puns in future localizations.

Not very likely, this isn't Final Fantasy; worst we've seen so far is the purple hero.

They listened to the fans instead of Squares way of ignoring everybody and latching onto crude for 3 games.

It's overshadowed by its predecessor.

Are you talking about Toei related stuff or designs in DQ?

The IV-VI remakes happened mainly because we never got them. They only ported to the cellphone since Japan has terrible taste in things to game on the go with no sign of interesting putting it up on Steam like FF.

DQI-III got ported to the Wii.

DQX, never ever.

Is the PS2 version of DQ V translated? Should I play that version or the DS one?

I remember avoiding grinding as much as I could when I played it, but come endgame I still hadn't gotten to Hero class so autism forced me to grind until I got it thereby removing almost all challenge from the final dungeon/boss.

At least the bonus boss was kinda hard, he even wiped me some two or three times. When you beat him you can go to the last dungeon and he'll appear and stomp the final boss for you, was worth it

There is a fan translation for the PS2 version, I'd recommend you play unless you really like Debora. I don't know if the DS version has the accents/removed party chat though, I've played both but in moon

VI is a good game, but it's not quite as memorable as a lot of other games in the series, especially VII which is basically VI on steroids, for better or for worse.

The DS version has some accents, but it's not as bad as IV. The only part of the game where they were a problem for me was when talking to the people of that one town that was being harassed by Saber.

What about party chat, was it removed like IV's?

I believe it did have party chat.

Love the series but they just keep fucking shit up in North America.

Then I'd say it's playable

It's a good series if you want to learn moonrunes. Start from I and work your way up

What kind of moron would choose Japanese over any other language. It's useless.

I've already lived in Japan and hung out in Akihabara. It actually removed my weebism.

What's the best monster team and why is it Talos, Skeledoid, and Octurian?

I can see while living in the middle of it would make you back off, but it's really just for playing games without depending on localization.

Don't be salty just because you can't learn it

Dragon quest x never

I need to conteract the bad moonrune advice people here. They should be getting hen hao at mandarin. There's no future in the Japanese language.

They're making a ton of money from the final fantasy MMO but nope gotta bang out another walk straight tomb raider

You won't find much hope for the future in here anyway, user

I never played one of these. VIII looks good and is available for Android. Do I play that on Android, emulate it on PS2 or play V on SNES emulator?

For reference my favorite JRPG is Chrono Cross and FF8 is pure liquid shit.

China doesn't have a future and Hong Kong is overcrowded as it is.

Emulate 8

Actually im stupid. Play the first one.

Play V on DS or PS2, emulate 8

I don't own any of those, hence the emulation bit.

Are the Android versions somehow gimped?

Sure, I meant as in emulating. And I don't know about the android ports, did a quick search and they looked fine. You might want to look into them if it's your thing.

there's some really bad slowdown on the Android version, but I can't imagine it's any worse than what you would experience trying to emulate.

For VIII, play the PS2 version, though the localization wasn't great and I don't have hopes for the 3DS version not to be censored

I recommend playing III first (GBC version is best content-wise, SNES graphics-wise), but you can start at V, DS or PS2 fan translation.

Whatever you do, don't play VII or IX til you're ready to put hundreds of hours into the game.

And of course FF8 is absolute shit, that's not a matter of taste

All of the games through IX can be emulated relatively easily.

Am I to understand that there is no fan translation for the V SNES version? I am sort of biased to that since SNES is the least hassle to emulate

there's been one since probably 2002.

There is, but I'd highly suggest considering the PS2 version at least, since it adds/changes a significant amount.

dragon-quest.org/wiki/Dragon_Quest_V#PS2_remake

The DS version has most of those and a few more and is extremely easy to emulate. Since it got an official localization though that means it was probably pretty terrible.

Are the Android versions of IV, V and Vi better than the DS ones? Dis they have the gutted party chat?
I have already played the android ports of I, II and III which are just straight ports of the SNES remakes and shady ports at that, don't bother with those ones.

I haven't played the Android versions, but I do know that the Android version of IV is the only English version of that game with party chat.

This is a reminder to me that you folks ain't normal. And that's okay with me

Are you the user that posted screenshots a while back?

No, but here you go

Also here's a little something i made while playing around with an emulator.

Almost puked. What's wrong with using pixel art in the interface to match the game? Is it really that hard?

Go for DQV on PS2, they fucked up by changing characters to be jokes and apparently wrote Biancas text to make her sound like a country bumpkin in the DS version of the localization.

DQIV is the only one that had its party chat removed.

It's pretty hard to not prefer Japanese over what the head of localization calls a good translation.

DQV is the FFVII of Dragon Quest.

So…fan english translation when?

Considering that there isn't one for the GBA version after all these years and that most ft groups are attention whores who would rather translate some retarded gay dating sim instead of a good game. I'd say not likely.

nichegamer.com/2016/05/27/dragon-quest-builders-comes-west-ps4-ps-vita-october-2016/

I wonder if Monsters was on a PS system, would we get it.

That's actually a huge plus for the android version.
Huh.

It's "very okay" if you're into the idea of a retarded Alena and the script being turned into trash which was the reason they gave to party chat being taken out; that they spent so much time with the accents they didnt' have any to spend on party chat.

what script changes made Alena retarded? she had like 2 lines of dialogue not counting the party chat, which I never knew was translated.

Nevermind then. Also, where is the video from?

I've never played the DS games, just heard people complain about it and saw it in a Heroes video.

Dragon Quest Monsters Battle Road Victory

You know, I can barely remember Alena speaking at all. I just remember her being energetic. I kept forgetting that the game had party chat when I played it since it was the first DQ I played that had it (PSX version). When I think of party chat in that game, the ones I remember the most were Manya bitching about how much she hates caves.

PC port when?

I hope someone eventually starts making webms for it that has sound.

Sandy was one of the best parts of DQ IX in all honesty.

She pissed the Japanese off apparently. They don't care for their version of the valley girl.

Gyarus?
Pretty hit or miss really.

I heard about that. Not sure why, I guess they just don't like gyarus in Dragon Quest. I'd heard that it was because she speaks in kansai-ben, but she doesn't, she just speaks like a gyaru.

Additionally, I think that was one of the few times (actually it may be the only time thus far) that I like one of the terms brought about in localization more than the Japanese version for a Dragon Quest game. Starflight Express just sounded and fit better than… I can't even remember what the term was in the Nip version, but it literally translated to Angel's Ark.

Oh that's what it was. Ameno Hakobune. I was thinking it was Tenshi no Hakobune. So, Heavenly Ark, or Celestial Ark. Still think Starflight Express sounds pretty cool.

Always a chance at something to like about the localization; just that it's constantly enormously outweighed by the negatives.

They're also wasting a ton of money making FF15. In fact, most of their personnel are stuck on that project until its finished, which is why FFXIV hasn't been getting any real updates for a long fuckin time.

Yeah, some localizations are really good. I played a bit of the English version of Trails in the Sky, just intending to demo the game and either play the Japanese PC version or Evo version, but I really liked what I saw of the localization, so that's a series I think I'll play in English (though I may play the Evo versions someday anyway). Dragon Quest though… The majority of the localizations for those games seems pretty shitty unfortunately.

Is Heroes on PC any good? It's on sale.

Is the gyaru in it?

No, both Heroes games exclude DQIX and DQX.
I haven't heard anything bad about the port unlike what's been done with the FFs.

So, wait, where are the webm's from? I thought they'd be special moves from the game. That's upsetting.

I've known only two or three games with a gyaru in them and I'm the only one that seems to like them.

Monster Battle Road.

I love gyarus wherever they may be. At least as far as aesthetics goes.

What happened to the slime? I thought Ragnar talked about him in the party chat feature.

I was just thinkin'. I know the first Kingdom Hearts was Square before they merged with Enix, but I gotta wonder if they tried getting Dragon Quest stuff in those games. I know some elements wouldn't make it (bunny girl outfits, le puff-puff, etc.) but I want to imagine the final boss of whatever Dragon Quest area being a Heartless King Metal Slime that you have to chase throughout the world because it keeps running away.

Gyarus remind me of niggers.

It's a good game if you like Musou games, but not really a Dragon Quest title. I liked it well enough

No, it's an arcade card game.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, the fnishers in this game are the special attacks or whatever of the characters in the Heroes spinoff.

is that lucca?

Rikka. Not sure what her English name is.

Postan gameplay from new Monsters game for those interested. You can finally ride your companions into battle and they actually seem to do things based on if they're a local monster or not given by how the fish react around 4 minutes in.

I don't know what the fuck was that but it was amazing.

I remember seeing the part where you ride the Witches hat and thinking that I would totally buy this.

It drops the Inn on top of your enemies.

We have some of them WITH sound.

check it. either record it using OBS or VLC or use a grabber site to get the full package.

FUCK FORGOT TO POST VIDEO

These animations are fucking nice. Although I don't like at all that design for the DQI hero.

If I'm not wrong, the princess is suppose to be kinda… into the Hero, ya know what I mean, right? She's great.

I don't want to start a flame war but why is it that Dragon Quest can basically stay the same for all these years but Final Fantasy has to change with every single game?

one's been turned into the experimental IP and the other focuses on actually making good games.

There's a reason that people are absent en masse in japan because of the dragon quest games.

Well, staying the same as a classic JRPG is what makes DQ… DQ.

The problem with FF is that the franchise at this point is a mess, there are different FF styles and even the people working at Square has their own unique vision about what is FF, and they get angry if the FF they are working on isn't as they want (which is probably one of the reasons FF is so bad nowadays).

If FF was on my hands, I'd make one classic FF, one modern FF, etc per generation.

Also here's a video that also has the other animations and the channel attached has the rest.

It's just the way the series are. Dragon Quest has always been about refinement, FF has always been about throwing things in and seeing what sticks. And then throwing them out with the next iteration.

I don't know what it is about Dragon Quest. Sure, I've only been a fan for little over a year, but I did play I-IX last year and I didn't really get tired of them. With certain series like Pokemon I feel like they don't really change much and I can only rarely get into the newer games. I didn't really feel that way with Dragon Quest. Again though, I played nine of them within a year, maybe I just haven't spent enough time with it to get tired of it yet.

My only regret for that animation is they decided to make the DW1 hero super saiyajin.

And yeah, spoilers, the three hero cousins from the second game are the grandkids of the hero and the princess. They clearly fucked like rabbits.

Erinn. get the joke?

Pokemon has zero world, shat itself in the difficulty and content departments, and are ran by some of the laziest bastards.

FFs problem is that it was made to be the antithesis of DQ and go after innovation instead of being traditional. It might've worked out well if Square hadn't shot its foot off with all the shit that happened with Spirits Within. Now they have to worry about the massive budgets they throw at Final Fantasy coming back with them never really sticking to anything making fans leave them and the fact their games get developed years past normal dev time with nothing much to show for it beyond looks.

Wait, that's who they were asking for?
Her name's in the fucking title!

I'm really excited for dq11.

I hate when jrpgs are put on handhelds.

Goddamn it. I never thought about that.

It doesn't help that Game Freak seems like they get irritated when they have good ideas.

I know there are several others, but I can't think of them at the moment. I think generally good ideas stick around in Dragon Quest.

I'm actually starting to get into JRPGs on handhelds. I think Persona is helping me there. Still, I'm looking forward to the PS4 version of Dragon Quest XI.

Final Fantasy didn't change quite as dramatically when it's original creator and his team were the ones making the games. Sure, every game would have something new, but until 10 all the games felt like they were apart of the same series, with 2 and 8 being the black sheep that every franchise has. Sakaguchi very much had a clear vision of what he wanted Final Fantasy to be. Once he stopped having as much input after Spirits Within bombed at the box office, other people in the company came along and just slapped the Final Fantasy name on whatever new, half-baked, RPG they were working on at the time to help it sell.

I hate this meme. it isn't that bad at all and people don't hate it that much to be considered a black sheep.

I did like 4. But at the same time, that last boss was horrifying. Its been a long time since a final boss took me 20+ tries to beat.

The game was easy (besides that one boss in Dharma Temple) so I never bothered getting a sage later in the game. It was very rare for me to die.

Meant 6, not 4.

I think 2 and 8 are appropriate of being called the black sheep. Even if we're not talking about quality, the mechanics alone made them a pretty different from the other games. The draw system alone pushed many away.

Then again, maybe 12 could be considered that too. It's still one of my favorite FF games though.

That piece of shit 12 has too many kissing its unfinished ass to be called a black sheep.

No one seems to remember 2 or at least talk about it while 8 gets flak every now and then.

Not sure why people are supposed to be angry about it being re-translated. I haven't played the original version, but from videos I looked up, it seemed fine, if a bit dry at first (except Patrick. He just spoke oddly. I played the 3DS version and he speaks like a normal kid in the Nip version), but it looked like the translators started taking more and more liberties as they went on. Like the scene where Sharkeye makes a joke about imprisoning a guy. That was completely made up.

There's more footage of the localized DQ73DS?

Everyone's angry because they know what's in store for them with Schloc LTD.

That and people originally thought it was Treehouse translating it who recently has put out a rash of terrible localizations.

I remember 2 since it is one of my favorites. The psp version anyway, the original might be a piece of shit for all I know. I generally avoid talking about it because most people just shit on it from what I have seen.

I did a thing

DQ7 is only on the PS1 right? What emulation software do you recommend?

No idea what that is, but I'm assuming people are terrified of the accents.

Funny thing, I was just reading an old Japanese article about the accents in DQ IV and V. From the few comments I've read so far, the Japanese think it's a cool idea. One guy wanted a remake with the same thing done for the Japanese versions.

You're talking about people who would want to play DQ on a phone and outright a different culture; I don't know how they feel about having to take time to read some words but we don't care for that shit, not to mention, the Japanese are Euroboos from what I've heard.

pls no bully

I just want to read the sentences the characters are saying. If I wanted them to have a spanish accent I can think of that myself. If voiced this shit isn't a problem. But damn is it irritating to read at times. It's nice that they're trying to get more flare out the text as long as the context and personality isn't changed but fuck I don't want to read accents.

Yeah I know, I'm just reporting on what I've seen. I haven't played Dragon Quest in English, just seen some videos of them, and while DQ VIII looks like it handled accents fine, a lot of the ones that came afterward, IV especially, really seem poorly handled. I haven't had any trouble reading any of it (I don't know how so many DQ fans do. If English wasn't their first language I could understand), but despite not having any trouble with what I've read, I still think it's waaay too overdone.

And it's also "grass is always greener" syndrome. Things always seem cooler when you can't have them.

Y'er ackin like'uh bairn!>>9467478

Favorite entry:
Probably 2 or 3.
I loved the group in 2, particularly the weak and unfocused prince who becomes a bad-ass magic user by the end. Although 3 was kind of lacking the in the character department the length and class system more than made up for it.

I liked 7 back when it came out but I got stuck at some point after Kiefer left. It's weird to put 30-40+ hours into a jrpg and not even really be halfway done with it.

Last year started trying to go through the whole series but I've kinda hit a wall with IV on the DS. It's not like super hard or anything it just seems a whole hell of a lot more tedious than the other ones and I always seem to forget where I left off cause I'm not all that interested in it.

Monsters localization when

Monsters 2 remake when

Is this real Scottish slang or did they make it up? I don't know because I only watched Shrek once.

its Scots, a dialect of Old English that borders on the verge of being its own language
Bairn means child/baby

That's because VIII had voice acting. The text was left relatively normal.

The problem is Squeenix is fucking retarded and saw no difference between decent voice acting and barely legible text when it comes to accents and just kept doing them even when voice acting wasn't an option.

Never ever

When you join Orange Beards crew and pirate or import

That's why it's fucking stupid to have your head of localization for the West be a Jap.

Is Scots mostly archaic now and they just speak regular English mostly with a Scottish
accent with a few slang terms surviving?

DQ never did an sRPG did they?

I forgot about this. That's never a good thing. I can understand someone from the Japanese branch having the final say, but they shouldn't be making the majority of the decisions for an English localization. I know Kojima didn't understand localization either and had Konami get rid of the guy who localized the first MGS.

its still spoken, and even has its own accents. Most speakers alternate between scots and normal (scottish accented) english
it's slowly being accepted as its own germanic language, its just hard to tell since there's no real criteria for when a dialect becomes its own thing.

Here's the whole example

Mednafen core on Retroarch. You can now increase internal resolution with it so there's no more reason to use epsxe ever.

Same thing for this?

I remember one part in Dragon quest 9 where they poked fun at the accents, a woman gets so wordy that the screen becomes a jumbled mess.

Seems the desmume core can increase internal resolution also. Or theres Desmume X432R if you prefer standalone.

Slime Knight

Jessica or the dancers that appear in every game, although porn wise i prefer pic related

IV
Dracky
Rocket Slime

That's really interesting. Getting it recognized as a language could help with the whole Scottish independence thing, for better or worse(I haven't been keeping up with the situation.)

The girl or the slime?

Will you take responsibility?

What would you guys say are the chances of DQXI getting brought over?

Holla Forums seems to be unable to handle the filesize of 5 images.

there's an 8meg limit for all uploads per post, dweeb.

I'd say it's 50/50. Squeenix is really unpredictable(compared to other companies), which is both their best and worst trait.

I do hope they bring it over, though. DQ is slowly getting more popular in the west, right? If not, all of you should make a bunch of YouTube videos talking about how great the series is. It doesn't matter if they're good or not, if normalfags hear a lot of people say a series of games is good, they'll believe it's good and demand more of it without even actually playing any of the games.

You say that like I shouldn't be offended.

Squeenix will eventually do it. As they did before, the sales of VII and VIII's 3DS releases will be wholly ignored in comparison to the sales of an overhyped, marketed FF XV. Then, after a year or so, XI will be "translated" and released.

Of course, I hope they wouldn't treat DQ like that. It's not that much of an expense to localize a few games every so often.

It's because your second image is 7.31 MB, the size limit is of the combined uploads.

It would be fun to make a few matthewmatosis-like videos about each title in the series, though that would take years to do 9 games (of which 3 are long as fuck)

I don't think they're mine.

little girls look perfect when pregnant

I'd rather not have DQ than to risk it being perverted to the desires of the "lets play" audience.

Try at least four.

That's what I get for posting slimes.
Got a reason as to why spoiler keeps switching back on?

This makes me think, if cuckholding leads to pregnancy, which guy raises the child?

Even with the weird appetites and moodiness?

A few weeks ago I bought dragon quest heros because I loved hyrule warriors, but as I got to the second town I realized…I don't know who the fuck any of these characters are other than jessitits and I've never played DQ8 anyway.

Well I've had my retron 5 for a few months, I figured this would be a great time to start importing games. I stumbled across an auction that had 1&2, 3, 5, and 6 on snes for $20 plus free shipping from japan. I was also able to get 4 on the famicom for $5 from a local seller. I got 4 last week, but I'm still waiting on the SNES games to show up(fucking customs!) In the meantime I've been playing 4 and have been enjoying it. In fact I enjoyed it so much I went out to FUCKING GAMESTOP and bought the DS remake and have been switching off between the two. I'm going to be picking up the rest of the remakes but I'm going to hold off on buying them until the SNES games show up because I don't want to be disappointed in the originals or just not want to do everything all over again when they show up.

One thing I do want to know about. I was listening to the retonauts DQ episode and they pretty much said DQ7 was shit because of how slow paced it was and that the 3ds ver will be better. Is this true? I was wanting to pick up 7, but a copy runs about $40. I'd rather just save the cash for the remake if it fixes pacing issues.

There was only 1 year in between all the DS titles, and 1 for VIII 3DS. The 3 years for VII is painful but at least it's coming it will be butchered, retranslated, and censored regardless
Even the original releases of VII and VIII were 1 year apart

user, please don't do this
Also, you're buying every entry in a series you haven't even tried out. For all you know, each entry could be absolute dogshit and everyone ITT is going off nostalgia

And VII is amazing in its PSX version. It takes 100 hours to beat because it takes 100 hours to beat. Podcasters don't know shit.

Emulate, emulate, emulate
The series progressed over the 30 years it's existed, so playing in release order is hardly necessary, probably tiring you out if you marathon them

The best version of III is on GBC, which I recommend you try first. After that, play VIII. If you want something more like III, play I through IV, and if you want something more like VIII, play VII or IX. Play V and VI whenever you want, they're medium length and are solid, fun titles.
The only chronology is in I - III, and very very loosely in IV - VI.

I haven't seen it posted here yet, so here's a super cute commercial Square uploaded to their channel to commemorate the 30th anniversary.

Yoshihiko gets a S3 and stars in DQH2 though SE blew it when they didn't cast him as the DQ 5 protag

I have only played DQ2 and DQ8.

Which should I play and in what ordeR?

If you intend to play through all of them, just play in order.

in release order*

Only character who rivals the amount of porn of Bianca.

From what I've heard, DQ73DS cuts down on the apparently long story leading up to fights and gives you a dragon radar to find the dragon balls unless I'm thinking of one of the other games with this second part.

Is there any place out there that provides a story summary for Dragon Quest X and its expansions?

Of course not—————–

Wasn't DQX a Wii game? How did that even work.

Wii
WiiU
PC
PS4 TBA

Also 3DS I believe

Don't forget the NX :^)

Oh yeah, the one that lanched buggy as shit.

what DQ games let me play as this big tiddy bitch?

Besides your filename, DQ Heroes

scurvied it this morning. runs like shit.

Thearhythm
DQIX: You can dress up characters like her but no tigolbitties.
Itadaki Street?

entire series dropped

They wanted to allow cross dressing for male characters or were lazy and burned out from changing it back from ARPG

i havent played a single one of these games yet. but immediately the women attracted my dick me to them, first one to capture my dick my attention was her.

Does this mean Jessica is the Lightening of DQ and Bianca the Tifa?
Nera's the Yuffie

stopped reading right there

Should I have just said "Newfag Waifu"?

fuck outta here

No. Go play Neptunia is that's what you are looking for. DQ is for classic great JRPGs.

i just wanted information on the sexy bitches of DQ, thats all.

What, DQIX didn't have the chance or models, DQX didn't get brought over, and DQXI hasn't come out.

It will happen, no matter how hard you try, if DQ gets popular, the series will become part waifu simulator when Horii dies.
Still, DQV is still known as the best of all DQs and part of its story is waifufaggotry.

Says the one who "[hasn't] played a single one of these games yet"

The best way to know is to play them, VIII is a great place to start, IV has a good roster of qts

Just like Metal Gear, the series is dead when he isn't working on it.

DQ has always had waifus because of Toriyama's art since 3 you can have a team of girls, since 5 you can get married, this is nothing new to DQ.

Please eat a shotgun

Who the fuck uses a Retron?

You couldn't just buy an SNES off the swapmeet, given it some TLC, cut the "region lock" cockblocker tabs off of it and played japanese games that way?

Do you think all the smoking is what's keeping him strong?

I hate how they didn't make Pavo playable in DQIX.

You make me sick…

Dq8 put her in the first party slot

Puff Puff.

PS4 almost defiantly
3DS no

Why even live?

To see the death of the Square side?

Eh. I don't hate Square enough to want them to die. I like plenty of their games to want them to stay. Though they could get off their lazy asses and promote DQ for the west more.

are the remakes of 7 and 8 actually worth a shit?

DQVII cuts down on the start up, 3D graphics, costumes changes for Jobs.

DQVIII has new post game dungeons, new story for the past of the Hero and Dhoulmagus, new costumes, less trees, photo taking, think they changed the Alchemy, won't have that lag that the PS2 had in US since the Japanese version already has voice overs.

I beat DQ1 last week and I just beat the first tower in DQ2. I'm emulating the SNES versions on my phone. I'm just loving the shit out of these games so far it's so fun just being dropped into a world and told kill the bad guy. Then the game just lets you figure it out yourself how to do it. I'm really looking forward to playing the rest of these games.

back in the late 80's I faked being sick with mono so I could play DQ1– missed nearly a 3rd of a year of schooling but I managed to beat the game and because I was a retard back then, I did not think to look for sequels and was surprised to see DQ7 many years later

They're becoming the EA of Japan and they constantly burn up all their money through sheer stupidity.

I played a bit of DQI or III on an emulator as a kid, didn't know it was being brought over.

Believe it was called Dragon Warrior then for the NES.

everything past the third game abandons this except maybe 10. I don't know because JAPAN ONRY.

Yes, from a legal thing involving a boardgame that lived through them up up to DQVIII.

I was just gonna say fair enough to that, but then I remembered that FFXV needs to sell 10mil to break even. Now you're just super right.

The Spirits Within
I'm calling FFXV, all those years, all those changes, so little waifu fuel to tempt the people with bad taste who bought FFXIII.
Trying to force Eidos into being AAA.
Bringing stuff over on IOS first if not only.

And fuck the auto spoiler.

Oh yeah and the fact they threw FFXIs team to the side to get the people that screwed up the MMO so badly, Square had to rebuild it from the ground up while the FFXI team went on to create DQX.

Think DQVIII has more monsters to recruit.
You can use Morrie and Red on your team too.

wouldn't even have a problem with it really if it weren't for the fact they gutted countless jobs, monstertypes and areas for stuff that's essentially the same thing but worse.

Has anyone here played X, even a little? I'd like to know about any experiences if possible.

I never played it, but from what I gathered there's a crafting system that actually used an interface more complicated than a glorified checklist and characters actually have collision and weight which apparently factors in some fights.

Dragons Den has a thing set up to help people play it so I imagine a lot of people who wanted to; has done so.

You can push enemies to keep them from away from your healers while you wait for your chance to attack.

So how's DQX in terms of gameplay? Turn-based and the characters can move?

Pretty much but I think it's more like FF12 than straight out turns.

There's a board game type of minigame in it that looks fun as fuck.

Third pic looks like the Splatoon sisters a la DQ.

May I ask where you're getting all of these screens? They're cute as hell.

Aren't these from Splatoon?

I latch onto any DQ thread I see.

MMO cosplay.

What if metal slimes also had The World

It wouldn't think to use it.

How's the MMO anyways?

god dam would explain why I really haven't been feeling it for heavensward after each update go like meh also playing a mch is cancer

ff15 is basically a make or break kinda of shit as well for Square not to mention Episode ff6 rerelease also Kingdom hearts 3

Fuck if I know, I only repost pics and information I was told.

I never wanted to play an MMO so much

I have no idea what the moonrunes say but I guarantee they're exasperated.

After they die the guy just says "You can't stay huddled together"

Your daughteru's a slut and your waifu sleeps behind your back.

Well if she didn't sleep she'd be very tired

Is this loss.jpg?

…So you're okay with having a slutty daughter?

No, it's Chens way of feeding off our suffering.

Builders isn't coming to the west? I thought for sure they'd bring it out here.

It's already been announced to be coming over, those images are during the days 4Chan was falling.

Do you guys think the DQ 3DS games being pushed back being because of DQ4DS level bullshit?

Who made the first two pics, those retards that learned Japanese and love to act so arrogant and elitist that they need to shit on others? Plus it's stupid to list games that we already have confirmed.

No, those guys just post in Japanese and wasn't around when they were made; back then it was just the translators. Chen was just a guy that made you love to hate him.