MapleDestiny Private Server thread

What the fuck is MapleDestiny?

mapledestiny.net/

A v83 maplestory server with x16 exp, 4x meso, 4x drop rates. 160 users online on average, so there's always area bosses to kill and cool places to grind and there's always someone to PQ with. Leeching is fucked, though, so bishops are on suicide watch.

The server has all the v75 skill changes, meaning all classes are sorta balanced unlike v6X servers. There's been discussions on applying the v87 skill changes too, so we might also get those in the near future.

We've been playing for about 2 months now (got a guild and all) Holla Forumsagrants.

Spurdo
Sparde
Zman
Peanutfishy
Peso2win
Zendra
MakoTsunami

how do i obtain shekels????
Overall, the server's economy is pretty stable with fairly reasonable prices, money's also easy to get if you know how to play. There are various ways to get moneys:

Sell em for about 50~60m a piece. Mostly dropped by fucking everything you're gonna be grinding on. You usually do Zmushrooms > Drum bunnies > Drakes > Grizzlies > Homun, they all drop chaos scrolls.

You get 6k nx by voting. They can only be traded by using a store, so save up 6k for a 2 week store. Otherwise you're bound to droptrade them.

You can go in with a 3 man party and only do rooms 6/7 for like 200k exp each run. You get good rewards like chaos scrolls, shield for atk/m.atk and yellow adventurer capes.

Once you reach lvl 90, you can do easy boss pq 3 times a day for 7k points. Scissors are worth 40~50m a piece and cost 5k bpq points to buy. Sell em at your store.

Learn the prices and practice your usury skill.

Useful commands
@servertime
@whodrops [item name or partial item name]
@bosshp
@mapowner (show those faggots you were there first)
@str/dex/int/luk [quantity] (dumps stat)
@gm [message] (CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM command)
@help 1/2/3 (shows commands)

Useful Websites
mapledestiny.net/

bbb.hidden-street.net/

Warrior/Archer: DON’T YOU FUCKING EVER MAX FINAL ATTACK, NO MATTER WHAT THE GUIDES SAY
ayumilovemaple.wordpress.com/
www.google.com/ kek
mapledestiny.net/forum/forums/24/

screamingstatue.com/accuracymain.php

Troubleshooting
Either deactivate your AV while unzipping or add whatever file your AV's deleting as an exception.

mapledestiny.net/forum/threads/10811/

mapledestiny.net/forum/threads/10950/ or ask around the forum.

Any fun things i can do with the guildies?
Get your ass to 140+ and do CWKPQ, Zak and Pap runs. Medium Boss PQ's also good exp and fun, but never invite BRs into your party. Also, you can do all lower lvl PQs until lvl 200.

Have fun faggots. Also do yourselves a favor and don't play on shitty post-bb servers. Also, don't trust BRs, they're fucking retarded.

Other urls found in this thread:

sourceforge.net/projects/dxwnd/
mapledestiny.net/forum/threads/11600/
maplesecrets.blogspot.com/2011/07/guide-maker-guidemagic-powder-drop.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bümp

Shit server. Switch to AiriesMS.

Sounds cool, I'll download it now

Fuck off Trash, nobody likes you

Says the actual faggot

Here's a few guides for random shit you guys may want to do.

This version of MS isn't supported in Wine. It might be because of HackShield, but I don't know for certain. (v62 works fine after replacing a couple dll's from WinXP, for example)
However, it is possible to play MS in a virtual machine. Install either Windows XP or Windows 7 in VirtualBox, and after installation be sure to install Guest Additions and enable 3D Acceleration.
If the game doesn't work, either search for your VirtualBox error, or check the MapleDestiny forum thread. (Also be sure that 3D Acceleration is enabled. MS can't run without it.)

You can't. You can launch the game in full screen and let it stretch to your monitor, but that's about it. VirtualBox can also stretch the display, but it's not a true resolution increase.

Yes, use DxWnd. sourceforge.net/projects/dxwnd/
DxWnd lets you launch MapleStory in windowed mode, as well as being able to resize (or restrict sizing of) the game window. (This can make the screen larger, but trying to click menus will be more difficult when stretched as the mouse position is slightly off.) Because it asks for admin privileges on start, it can also restart MapleDestiny after crashing without having another UAC pop-up, if you keep UAC enabled.

Run another instance of the game via sandboxie, multiple VMs, or multiple computers.

Multi-clienting allows you to self-leech, use mules for skills/items more easily, or just show off your autism. If you don't see a point to it then don't bother.

Redeem your retardation and shill for MapleRoyals instead.

Also, fuck off Trash. At least shill for another pre-BB server if you hate Destiny so much.

Tell me why pre-BB is better.

We've told ya like 5 times already, fuck off.

This fucking operating system never fails to fuck my shit up.
And no, I can't just install a different OS. I'd lose all my files.

complete trash

If you don't have two backups of your files, you already do not have them, you fucking retard. There are people who use chans who don't know to have a fucking data backup?

Go drown yourself in semen while letting ants eat your dick, you fucking masochist. Grind is never fun.

When will there be a private server hacked for World of Warships?

>Teamwork or careful planning is mandatory unless you're a high-level and can stomp through everything because you're 50 levels ahead of the current area's recommendation

tl;dr you gotta git gud and stick with friends if you want to survive

why not just play a modern MMO designed for millennials if you're this much of a casual?

Maplestory's always had pretty tiresome grinding, even MapleRoyals' 4x can get mindnumbing at times and things are going 4 times faster than they normally would. Though personally 4x is a nice happy medium for effort put in to exp gained.

Makes you wonder how FangBlade didn't kill himself being the first to get to level 200.

If you want to take 1 week to get to level 50, and where getting 5% exp per hour is considered good. Go right ahead and do 1x, but 80% of people never saw 3rd job til they brought in PQs

I have close to a terabyte worth of files, and am not financially stable enough to buy that much additional storage.

Why get windows 10 to begin with? doesn't that shit watch you while you masturbate? No one should get a show for free

Was it an upgrade? If so, just look up how to downgrade. Pretty straight-forward. Did it a few times for people already. After that, get GWX control panel to keep Windows 10 from coming back.
Did it come with the computer? If so, I'm not sure what to do other than install Win7 or Linux to keep the spyware out, unless you want to block shit at the router level. (even then, it's not guaranteed to work)

most players are unimaginably huge casuals. just look at the statistics of how many people finish casual games like these on steam:

if 44-70% of people can't beat these casual 5-10 hour playtime walking simulators, it's not a surprise 80% of people were too casual to level to 70 in pre-4th job maplestory. I've also read that only around 1-5% of players managed to beat endgame raid content in vanilla WoW and TBC.

none of this is an excuse for you turbocasuals playing a 16x rate server. the only acceptable rates are 1x rates.

I upgraded about a year ago before I knew how shitty it was. I was running off of a pirated copy of window 7 at the time, so I figured I was getting a legitimate copy of a better os for free. If it helps, I've tried everything I can to get rid of all the spying and data collection bullshit.

Yeah, it was an upgrade. Believe me, I've tried everything to go back. After 30 days or whatever, it deletes the files you need to downgrade. The only thing left I can do is format my drive and download a new os from scratch.

If 1x rate servers still had a healthy community, i'd agree with you but since most servers are either dead or full of BRs. Without a good community, the grind is just tiresome and pointless. At least on 16x, even without a strong and large community, you can still enjoy the game

actually I can not enjoy playing any private server with rates higher than 1x.

What error is it giving you when it stops working anyways, there's a post on the forums on how to fix that shit

I think DxWnd has options for compatibility. Try that and see if it helps.

I made a meme

booper dooper

You fuckers are so desperate. Maple Story has and will always be shit. You guys are worst than than the vanilla wow fags

It's trash with a proxy, don't worry.

fuck off trash, nobody likes u

When bored, burn money, just blew 300m on chaos scrolls to nuke 300m shoes.

videogames

Videogames? i love videogames!

Videogames are for faggots, fuck off.

Does anybody here actually play this shit or just go on to shitpost?

I’m streaming that film, since I’m so great.

Then you’re a cocksucking faggot and deserve to be mocked for the autistic bullshit that you spew.

Now about those private WoWs servers…

I have like 4 120+ characters, so i do play. Almost everyday.

>>>/cuckchan/

b8

most likely samefagging

gideovames

Will I be able to buy whatever shit I want from the cash shop for free on a private server?

I've used like 50 dorrars on vanilla maple but I've forgotten my password and the game's pretty bad nowadays

As long as you vote for 6k nxshekels every day and complete these kinda "achievements" that grant nx, yes, you won't spend a buckaroo.

The server runs on v83, that version's from like 2008-2009, though.

lol kill yourself, fuckface.

Yep, that’d be why the other guy was banned and I was not… Oh, wait, no, you’re just a retard.

You can spend cash if you really want, i think the donations get you these items that sell for 140m a piece

I want to _hug orange mushroom

L-lewd, bet you want to hold hands too you thirsty whore

tfw no fungal matriarch gf

Niiiiice.

Depends on when you turn up really, we always get mutes who log on, say and do nothing then leave

So, either some SJW faggot or a butthurt brazilian who, by some strange turn of events, knows how to speak english reported me for my store's name. The name was "brazilians are disgusting".

Gonna keep poking the beehive, let's see how much they can sting me.

kek they changed it to this, didn't even close my store or anything.

Top kek, I saw that. was wondering why you changed the name of it

Funny thing is I've been using that same name for more than one month and never got any problems.

Need to go for the more subtle route, Ive had a few BRs add me despite being named ZyklonBR

How to loot a zak run, do it when everyone is fighting over TT20

I blame the BRs. Are there any other pre-BB servers with less of them? I forgot how bad it was on this server.
mapledestiny.net/forum/threads/11600/

BRs truly are a fucking plague, the only other server i can think of is Royals, but it's shit also. Pirate skills don't work for shit and there's absolutely nothing to do after you hit 140+, just skele grinding outside the minidungeon (Because minidungeons don't work for shit.)

Could one of the people invite me to the guild? Can't seem to contact any of them. Username is Quack. Level 30 magician.

ITS DEAD

DEAD

DEAD
E
A
D

You say this as 3 people are online now, we also have too many people leaving before the higher levels can even help you get to the boss runs and shit

d-ded

maplesecrets.blogspot.com/2011/07/guide-maker-guidemagic-powder-drop.html
Found a guide for the maker skill if anyone's interested. It's post-BB, but I think most of it still applies to this server.

anyone autistic enough to host a v83 server where I wont immediately get banned for saying mean nasty things?

They usually give you a warning first, then a week ban, then permaban.

So i doubt they just b& you 'immediately'. Their server, their rules. Don't be like a fucking nigger or a br with muh i don't play by their rules.

We should organize another boss run, i've got enough shit to summon 30 zaks and still have left overs. Weekend boss run? Scar then Zak?

I can do whatever, got like 9k hp with hb

What's that shit you fags use to stretch the game in windowed mode? I'm tired of switching to a lower res every time i play on the server.

dxwnd

tanks

Can't click on anything, what the fuck do i do?

Probably the textbox glitch, the shrink it and emss around with it til you can

The reason you can't click anything is because the display is stretched instead of resized, so where your cursor appears to be is not where the window sees it. Either get used to moving the cursor diagonally to its scaled position (at least, I'm assuming it's scaled) or just resize the window back to 800x600 just to click menus.
Another option is to use VirtualBox and install WinXP/7, then stretch that display after starting MapleStory. The cursor will also be off in position because of a stretched display, but it will only be off in the VM and the cursor will be where it appears to be in that window.

Just figured out some good info if you're on a shit/shared connection and need QoS.

OdinMS (and by extension mapledestiny) uses ports 7575-7587 for game traffic, depending on which channel you're connected to. (1 is 7575, 2 is 7576, etc)

This fixed my shit up proper, hope it helps someone.

English please

you put the ports in an elevated traffic class and it makes the game run gooder.

I only ever heard of Maplestory as some kind of shit similar to GaiaOnline.

Is it any good? Grindy, comfy, casual, balls hard or what?

And what the fuck is a big bang?

grindy and comfy, but you can get burnt out hard if you don't pace yourself.

big bang is an update that significantly changed the world and the experience curve, basically killing all progress and gear you had made over the years and turning the early game into a depopulated wasteland where you don't get to do any of the fun comfy shit you used to do.
that and gay shit like upgrade cubes you had to buy

I just want to do quests but half the quests in any given private server is broken
feels bad man

It was all of those things except balls hard. You could be a complete casual and level slow as fuck while selling drops, PQing, and socializing or you could go full autist and make a fuckton of money while speeding through levels and poop socking while angrily killstealing people out of your fucking channel/platform. It was great, tons of drama and tons of ways to make friends.

The death of the game. Basically turned the whole thing into a WoWaclysm on-rails progression system until endgame which doesn't take long to reach at all, and then its HEAVILY H E A V I L Y EXTREMELY FUCKING RELIANT on the cash shop. Also every classes auto attack now hits half the fucking screen and costs no resource.

booper dooper

Ok, I just figured out how to fix the glitch with being unable to click menus in resized DxWnd windows.

Right click your MapleDestiny launcher in DxWnd and select "Modify". From there, go to "Input" and unselect "Correct mouse position" under "Cursor handling".
What this will do is display the cursor in the correct position in the window, while appearing to be "incorrect" compared to the rest of the desktop.