Stargate: Origins (teaser)

Let's open that orifice and retcon everything.

If we didn't watch SG: Atlantis what makes these cunts think anyone will be interested in this for more than a week?

The percentage of women in the leading position and number of neon hair is hardly reassuring.

Because SG:Atlantis was marketed as a continuation of SG1 for fans of SG1 where as this new show is directed more at people who have never seen an episode of SG, don't know theres a film, have no familiarity or interest with it, but like feminism.

The real question is how much longer are these studios and production companies going to go on lying with a straight face about the things they're making. I don't get it at all… Their audience knows nothing about SG and so doesn't care if it fits in the established timeline or not, they don't know anything about the estbalished timeline. And actual SG fans can see the bullshit from a mile away and are just going to be turned off. It's the same thing STD did. Do they think there's some die hard SG fan out there who really cares that the new show fits in properly with the lore, but simultaniously knows absolutely nothing about the lore? Do they think theres Star Trek fans out there who would refuse to watch a new ST show if it wasn't set in the TV timeline, but also have no idea what Klingons look like, how they're supposed ot act, how the federation works, etc? I really just dont see what the point of it is.

This. A woman is narrating the entire video and it seems as though she is the one in charge. Not very high hopes for this.

Oh like SGU? Fuck these cunts.

I'm tired of women on tv, I was watching Dark Matter and I started to wonder if I'd like the show infinitely more if it's an all male cast. I actually hear damsel in distress used in media now, it's so disheartening. You can't even save these cunts without them crying about it, can they just be excluded from tv shows already?

i bet there's gonna be a female lead, instead of a diverse team like in the older ones
because we really needed a second STD

I know to be weary, but so far this actually looks fine. Fun 1930's adventuring. Hwhite husband and wife protagonists. Might it actually be good?

nice try schlomo

It is a female lead. Remember that old woman Daniel knew in the old Stargate? The one who kind of owned the SG, and went through it once in like season 3 or 4 or whenever and met her old husband who was the first human from earth to step through the gate since the spaceslugs left? It stars her and is set in the 60s or 50s or something.

So basically its a SG show set in a time period where either no one has ever gone through the stargate and they don't know how it works (and when they get it working they'll use it once then bury it forever) or it's set after the SG is buried, and unusable.
They've assured us that the new series (much like STD) will fit nicely into SG canon and lore, so I guess its a SG show where no one ever goes through or uses the SG and there aren't any aliens.

Everything looks fine if you are stupid enough to believe their lies and minute long promo reels.
I have no idea why anyone would be stupid enough to keep doing that after all the other times, but I guess some people just refuse to ever learn?

Complete and utter trash

The worst Stargate ever gave us was a show that wanted to be BSG, and wasn't even that bad. I don't expect a lot, but I wont assume the worst quite yet.

You don't have to assume the worst, it's staring you straight in the face. I have no idea why you'd want to assume the best other than complete ignorance of modern television and marketing tactics.

To be fair, they absolutely will go through the gate and meet a myriad and diverse cast of alien races (look, these ones are all trans… So progressive!). The point I was making is that they're blatantly lying when they say it will respect the established lore of the franchise.

The only reason to make this a SG show and not Generic 1950s Female Adventurer is because of the Star Gate. They're only making it because sci-fi and fantasy are big now and they've realised they have this pre-established franchise to milk.

Also, for what it's worth, expect a lot of feminist sub-plots about Catherine (I think that's her name, been a while) dealing with 1950s patriarchy and sexism. This was kind of brought up a bit in SG1, but wasn't really a huge focus and basically consisted of "all the men worked out how the SG worked, but I secretly helped too" sort of thing. Expect this new show to be more like:
"All the men tried to figure out how the SG worked but they were too DUMB and SEXIST to realise that I, A WOMAN, was the only one who could truely make it function… Also I shot all the aliens that came through the gate because I'm an action badass… And I single-handedly negotiated a peace treaty with the space aliens beacuse I'm super smart"

I'm not assuming the best. I just think the trailer looks fine. Sometimes shows are good. Not everything is cucked to hell and back and stuffed with communist propaganda.

…You mean Universe. Which was shit.

I don't know, they only reason Stargate was watchable was because of McGyver being sarcastic.

How can you believe anything in the trailer when it's predicated on either the show not having a stargate in it, or the lie that it will fit into the lore of the other SG shows?

Also what in it looks fine? All you saw was some actors, tents and a set? Is that really how low your bar is? "Oh there's sand, this'll be a good Stargate show. Stargate had sand!"

Isn't this only being shown online and has tiny episodes? Is it more like a webseries or is it a legitimate TV successor to SG-1?

Okay, so… Why does it appear they're using the design of the movie gate, and not the one that has been used throughout ten seasons of SG-1 and quite a number of SGA and SGU episodes? I mean, I can clearly see in some shots that the chevrons are flat grey and not translucent red (not to mention the CGI shot of the full gate at the end). And the shimmering light and wide-eyed people seem to indicate an active gate, which contradicts established canon, from both the movie, the shows and Continuum. Though other scenes indicate it may also take place in Egypt prior to the gate being moved to America. At least I hope so. Prof. Langford also seems older (like in the movie) compared to his appearance in SG-1.

It could be a CGI gate for promotional purpose. It wouldn't be the first time that a CG house fuck up a Stargate 3D model. I remember a SGU episode where they needed a shot of the Milky Way gate with a rotating inner ring but they had to do it in CG because they didn't have the prop anymore, only the offworld one that is static.