Disability-friendly games

Can we have a thread like this?

What are some games you can play with only one hand, or even just the mouse?

Other urls found in this thread:

8ch.net/tech/res/601574.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Tyrian 2000 is pretty fun, the GoG version which is easily pirated runs itself in DOSbox so you don't even have to configure that

Do you only have one hand OP?

i have a buddy who's missing a hand and he's able to play counter-strike and shit with one hand, but he uses an expensive razor mouse with personalized bindings.

the best answer is probably something like ddr (legs, duh) or guitar hero (if you have stump to strum), and anything else just has to do with the hardware you have to work with and your patience finding good bindings.

bad choices would be consoles, especially handheld consoles, because no way to remap buttons.

I always imagined one of those mice with a numpad on it would work alright for movement, considering it could be used to replace WASD

Emulators. Anything that isn't active (or at least, not that active) you can play with one hand (WASD for directionals, then keybind buttons to surrounding buttons).

I think the right idea is in this post. Get a really nice mouse with lots of buttons to map. Without a mouse, a lot of emulated games can be played with one hand. You'll be able to pull off virtually any console/handheld RPG or strategy game.

Jesus, how fucking painful is that after a while

Pro Tip: Using the arrows keys, is a sick joke to play on yourself.

i dunno, im pretty sure the muscles develop differently in the elbow if you have a stump because he can even control an analog stick with decent precision using it. so i dont think it's as bad as it sounds at first.

turn-based games OP

Wiimote works well for emulating GBC and NES. 2 buttons + dpad gets the job done.

There are mad fami rpgs like Just Breed and Sweet Home. On GBC MetalWalker is solid.

Also consider the ASCII pad for PS1 and PS2. They cheap as hell.

Most games are very playable to the mentally handicapped.

Recently discovered you can play Pokémon Colosseum and Pokémon XD Gale of Darkness with just one hand, preferably the left. C-sticks acts as a second joystick. This way I could masturbate and play vidya at the same time.

Osu!

Nice joke!

most anons have either Windows or Steam installed and they've been confirmed spyware for years.

Do some work in the background or use password manager.

byte[] ss = Screenshot.TakeDesktopScreenshot();

ErrorSubmission.Submit(new OsuError(new Exception(@"monitor")) { Feedback = b.ToString(), Screenshot = ss }); oh wait..

care to elaborate on the spying? i know nothing about osu besides that video of the guy going apeshit playing it

it sends screenshots of your desktop (if use multiple monitors, it's only your primary monitor)
it logs all processes you are running every time you submit a score and if I recall correctly it tries to upload a random file if its under a certain name.

8ch.net/tech/res/601574.html

ty anons

>>>Holla Forums601574

Runescape

Literally the only excuse for owning pic related.

I believe that GOG's Tyrian 2000 is free to begin with. No need to pirate it unless you just don't want to sign up.

Hearthstone.

Should be everything now.
Head tracking to look, continuing as your head is turned or spin your chair :D

Use the other hand on a joystick with finger buttons under each finger for the rest.

Maybe foot pedals.

Sorry prosthetics aren't awesome yet. I think it is fair for everyone missing stuff to get better versions of that stuff.

In MGS the bionic arm allows faster reload.

Prosthetics could allow for higher precision. Could end up playing games better.

Super Hexagon is one.

What if you're missing your right arm?

then you can't jack off

He asked for a game, user. You managed to write a couple lines yet say nothing.

I bet people around me think I "can't get any better" while congratulating me as if I'm donating to a charity or whatever. It's almost a reason for me to stop seeing her but then I'd just be a shitty person.

There was a girl at my college with 1 arm. She actually had some guys fighting over her for a bit. Because what she lacked in an arm, she made up for by being one of the coolest people you'd ever meet. Also the rest of her was pretty hot.

Maybe there is some sort of conservation law when it comes to woman. Like you only get so many stat points. So they lose a limb and you can distribute the rest among the remaining attributes.

Yeah, same story. She's pretty smokin' otherwise, with the cutest smiles and laughs, and a genuinely lovable sweet person. Not a dead road every time you strike a conversation like most of them.

Bayonetta 1+2 on the Wii U have a one handed mode.

Turn based, puzzle and point'n'click adventure games

Dark Souls, very popular with mentally challenged.

Maybe a tilt sensor as directional onput for an emulatior, and a grip for buttons, a thimbstick for fps. Then use a phone to play PC fps/anything.

Right now maybe MAME and vertical scrolling games. I don't know how good the touchscreen support is though.

For PC
Any RTS. Homeworld. Any adventure game. Any flight sim provided you have a joystick.

Could the hat on a joystick as directional input, and the stick as look input. Play anything, take a while to get used to. Would be open to riddocule but be great for competitions to get 3rd peipherals improving what systems are used.

I'm concerned about the perverse applications of brain interpretation but that could be done to think to do on game. Repetitious program training to remember the actions performed by phantom limbs, or think about them.

That could even prepare people who have forgotten the finction of a part, or never had it, for prosthetics.

There was a peipheral that used a gun like a pointer. Stick what you have left in that and set a couple axis, use that for movement in game.

Thinking of Donkey Kong Country.
Get a phones tilt sensor controling movement. Volume button to cartwheel, pulling the phone up quickly or sahaking it etc, Wagglan, as jump.

PS3/4 controllers a
have tilt sensors.3 buttons including R3 or L3. Triggers could be set to do different functions at different depths, button combonations, holds and multiple presses.

Surely is a program alreadu out to detect and set the tilt sensing as something, along with the rest of the buttons.

Don't know if xpadder can.

Most games only need about 3 buttons anyway. Shoot, jump and crouch. Fuck crouch. Why force that shit. Reloading is for babbys. Magic cheating magazines. Would work better than an aimbot to have changing mags to have to effect or better yet deplete ammo pool. Tactical tactics fucking bullshit. Empty everything, repeat, pick up enemy munitions, repeat. Tactical exposing mags to dirt to feed gun dirt. Good idea dummy. Do the most dangerous thing you can do as often as you can, keep mags filled up yeah, stick in a half empty mag during a firefight.

Issue resolved.

Get a controller with tilt sensing.
Assign tilt to move using controller mapping software.

Or multiple controllers, assign the one your foot or something manipulates to move.

I'd go with head tracking.

A camera/webcam could detect eye movement. Look at where you want to go or shoot and when it is in the centre of the screen you don't need to move your eyes anymore.

Squint to move forward, excessively wide for back and way off to the sides for turn.
Only prob is 60hz on the camera. Need look inertia to smooth that out. Or additionally be a sniper. Missing input as an average between the 2 captures of eye movement, maybe some additional captures in less influence.

Thumbsticks don't get moved fast when aiming anyway. Some acceleration would help.

Would be like your eyes are always chasing targets unless absolutely still for a time. Have to time attacks.

Remap a joystick with a hat. Fuck yes do I want to see people piloting mechs and other wmds with one hand continuing the fight. It's your mind not your means that wins.

Part of a game to have to reassign controls during combat using in game GUI, needing to do more than you have the means to. A standard play if not a Kojima mindfuck.

Point being nothing stops you. Insuffocient attack will be punished. Don't insult my presence with pity. Low expectations upon someone is a weapon diminishing them.

I think all injured people should be in positions of command. Their perspective includes the reality of things going wrong. Comforting to who it may also happen to. More likely for it to not happen again. Ha, maybe because it woud mean they lose their job.

Command an exlucivity to disability.

kkk
Everything using what I said.

I'd have to pretend configiring a joystick was impossible before I could list games that allowed a pity party.

Most h-games are meant to be played one handed, can't say that means they're disability friendly though.

If no joystick then:
Mouse
Assign right click to forward
Strafe with pedals or feet on keyboard.

Tape a controller to the top of a joystick so it is comfortable to grip the controller.

Assign the buttons and thumbstick axis using xpadder.

I think Dragon Age: Origins could be played with just a mouse.

Click on ground or hold click and move where you aim. I think is like that by default.

This. Also 4x games.

Not really for someone lacking hands but rather for blind people, but if you have a phone search for pic related. It is great.

You don't even need hands.

This game can be played with only the mouse and it's pretty fun

Maybe you could get a wheel with one of those brody knobs and a button on it.

That stick on the right can function as an analog stick, so you can get full control out of one hand.

Diablo 1 and 2 are really good for this. I rememebr a friend of mine broke his left arm, and I got him D2. We played that shit into oblivion.

Wasn't there a dude with no arms wrecking people In CSGO?

Get a joystick like pic related. (digital ones are better for most games but you might also want an analog one for games that benefit from analog or the extra buttons they tend to have) It would work for all kinds of games, especially arcade-style and turn-based/rpgs and if it has a lot of buttons on top. It might be awkward for some types of games, like sidescrollers, but If it's your only option then you'll probably get used to it anyway. You can use the mouse for the paddle, so any Atari game can be played with one hand.

Some PC games that come to mind are Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 and 2, (You really only use the keyboard if you want to name things) Don't Starve, Plants Vs. Zombies, Audiosurf, and SW:KOTOR. (with a three button mouse you can walk forward and pause the game to use the menus so there's not really any disadvantage) You could try 2.5D FPS games, too. Not to mention strategy, turn-based, and puzzle games. And then there's point-and-click adventure games…

but i jerk with my left hand

You simply shouldn't have give a shit about what other people think, user.

Maybe it's the same girl.

let me guess you shake with your left too?

Maybe. Pretty jelly tbf, can you imagine how easy it is to hold your girl down while you fuck her? Just the one arm to hold behind her back, to keep her in place.

Shooters, specially very simple ones like counter strike

but does she not have the arm entirely, or does she have an useless part of it still attached to her shoulder? imagine having a dildo readily available at all times

If you don't have both hands, you're just a more easy to spot scrub. End your life, you'll never git gud and you waste our time.