Time travel in HP would be plausible if it's not harry potter who saved himself but dumbledore

Time travel in HP would be plausible if it's not harry potter who saved himself but dumbledore.

Why do I still visit the site called jewtube?

This guy has degrees in two different fields of physics.
Now he makes YouTube videos.

Youtube is the new university. We're bringing down those bloadted commie structures.

>some gay youtube (((creator))) whos videos are shilled non fucking stop by normies and (((youtube))) itself
geez i dunno

12 Monkeys did it better.
Also captcha was fagopl

The problem with this type of time travel is that it's inconsequential. You can make interesting stories like but in a multi part series you establish that it's pointless. It's actually my favourite interpretation but you can't be that creative with it.

gee, who would've thought

Physics degrees are useful in a surprisingly large array of fields, from programming 3D engines to engineering theme park rides.

lol stemfag btfo trying to justify his thousands in debt
i could learn all physics without going to a jew (((college))) and going thousands in debt
physics is useless
better luck in your next life, hope you learn a trade or something

I never went to college, I'm a stock trader.

You're a dumb fucking idiot. The time travel is one of the only sound instances on film, the point is that you cant change anything.

You are literally too dumb for fucking Harry Potter

see the novikov self consistency principle
Buckbeak never dies

12 monkeys ripped it off from La Jetee and did not do it better, it did it completely differently.

What do you think will happen to all these "content creators" after YouTube finally kicks the bucket?

Who saved the first Harry potter time traveler then? That's why I said it's better if HP watched whoever save him instead.

they'll go to another streaming site. Their type won't die since they're the lowest denomination of entertainment. Unless they shot themselves in the foot, like outing himself as a pedophile.

^ this, this is the primary problem with this type of time travel.

Someone else would have had to have prevented his death meaning the events are not immutable.

I know this is b8, but it's extra retarded and you should feel ashamed for typing that out tbh

Guys trust me on this, you are both retarded and thinking about it completely wrong.

There is only one Harry, we see it from two different perspectives.

Listen I know it can get confusing because speaking about time travel GENERALLY DOESNT MAKE SENSE

Harry is able to do the patronus so successfully because he knows the time travel dyamics. He had already done the patronus and saved himself even though it hadnt happened yet (from his perspective)

It's a closed loop, Harry is saved by time traveling Harry. There's no alternative realities. everyone claiming otherwise isn't grasping this at all and cant even understand Harry Potter time travel.

It isn't easy to understand but it isn't difficult either.

It ends up being a closed loop, ie. they save Buckbeak and Harry casts the patronus every time, but since there are no timelines they dont - they dont really change anything since Buckbeak never dies hes always saved.

to add: had they not time travelled the timeline would obviously be different
BUT since they do, there is always only one timeline and they always save Buckbeak, we see the events from two different perspectives.

Both times at the lake with the dementors are the same event happening.

A closed loop with no beginning or end is illogical, not only that but it undoes entropy.

Regardless of whether or not that's how it is it's illogical and not more attractive than alternative theories.

That's literally not an option though because they did, but the impetus for them doing so is that they already did because if they didn't they would have no need to.

It seems the main thing people don't get is since they time travel after Harry was saved, people think there are more than one time travelers and realities, there isn't if they were to use the time turner (a device that is stated only works briefly for 5-6 hours) then it is proper time travel theory that there is only 1 HERMIONE AND 1 HARRY and no alternate realities

The impetus is irrelevant, from their perspective in order for them to go back they are doing so with purpose. And Dumbledore specifically tells them to.

It's this simple, they always time travel back in time, because in that moment they always feel the need to and then the events that happen effect the future past and present.

It all connects with the themes of the book and harry during the film, hes constantly thinking about the past and future during the present time, thinking about his parents and the marauders sirius etc.

I know them not time traveling isnt an option thats why I said the odd thing of them travelling is that it ends up not changing anything because the reality is a closed loop with no alternates.

Which a ton of hp fans or non fans dont understand the CRUX of the situation THAT THEY DONT CHANGE ANYTHING

and then meme about the time turner not being used say to go back 15 years and kill voldemort
(a) they werent paying attention to it only working breifly
(b) in order of the phoenix all of the time turners that work in this fashion are destroyed in the battle in a continuous loop of crashing into the floor

I made this looped video and looped the music

It's relevant because the commentary is that it makes no sense not that it isn't how it is.

I don't care about what commentary you are talking about I didn't watch the video because I'm not wasting my time arguing something that is dead wrong. The time travel dynamics make sense and I've been talking about it.

What personally do you not understand?

This entire video is moot if it is talking about time traveling and fighting voldemort because
(a) the time turners that work briefly dont change anything
(b) they are regulated to only work for 5-6 hours or something

Only the people that time travel can appear in the past

No they don't.
The moments are not simultaneous one causes the other but you cannot be your own cause.
I time travelled therefore I must time travel is illogical, if he doesn't save himself he doesn't exist to be inspired to save himself there is no logical causation for the time travel.

They are one of the only instances on film that makes sense theoretically, it makes more sense than Back to the Future for example.

The time travel is sound.

You talking about causes is irrelevant. They always go back in time and save Buckbeak. Remember when they though Buckbeak was dead? He wasn't Harry and Hermione were already there and saved him. It is all a closed loop.

Maybe you aren't getting the closed loop thing. But there are no paradoxes created in using it briefly like this. From Harrys perspective, he is saved by someone, from Harrys perspetive he saves himself, it the same thing happening ONCE but we see it happening in how we perceive time which is linerally.

They time travel to save Sirius and ultimately Buckbeak, Harry being saved isn't in his train of thought, it just always happens and therefore happened in the past tense

Primer is the only time travel film that even comes close to being logically consistent, internally consistent, and is even compatible with modern understanding of what is possible within conservation of information, thermodynamics and quantum theory.

Time loops can have some internal consistency, but they are uncaused and don't make physical sense. They would just appear for no reason. Ironically, the effects of Primer style travel would appear this way, to be uncaused, but aren't. The original timeline happens, the person travels back in time, they change events so they never traveled back, so now they appear to be a person who just magically popped into existence. However all of the energy required to get them to that point still happened, in the overwritten timeline.

Primer isn't necessarily perfect, there are a few questionable elements, and the entire confusing structure to simulate the confusion time travel would bring could be considered a pretense, but I haven't seen any movie try harder to ground a time travel plot in the realm of plausibility.

I also appreciate it's separation of non time travel elements from the equation, such as removing space travel and portaling from the device.

A loop time travel story can be fun. I enjoy the first Terminator that way, regardless if all the later Terminator films making their time travel rules completely nonsensical (even the first one has some major flaws in it's rules of course). But whether I enjoy the story or not, loops just don't make physical sense. It's appropriate to use Harry Potter as an example, because self creating time looks are magic style levels of bullshit.

Isn't it?
Come the fuck on, it's the simplest shit that could be thought about time travel.
People who don't understand it are idiots.

???

Harry Potter's time travel is the only time travel that makes sense. All the other bullshit about rewriting timelines and shit are a good literary device for telling a story but in the end it's bullshit on the same level of "timey-wimey" bullshit. What happened happened, and it happened with the time traveller in it or else he wouldn't have travelled through time, but only to "another reality" or other such bullshit.

Harry Potter isn't necessarily perfect, there are a few questionable elements, and the entire confusing structure to simulate the confusion time travel would bring could be considered a pretense, but I haven't seen any movie try harder to ground a time travel plot in the realm of plausibility.

Yes, HP is YA shit, but their treatment of time travel is commendable.

Multiple timelines doesn't make any sense to me tbh.

I do remember reading a pretty cool short story about a guy sent back in time to assassinate some kind of hippy and he kept missing the right date. In the end it turned out he was the hippy or rather became him after all the time travelling. Stuff like that is satisfying to read or watch.

Literally multiple people in this thread dont get it, most normies dont get it on cuckchan and reddit too

They dont need to make sense esp for HP because theres a closed loop and only one timeline

Primer and Prisoner of Azkaban are the ones that make logical sense. Then again time travel theory in general doesnt make logical sense because it is unnatural. I said Azkaban was one of the only instances that are proper on film and Primer is another.

I know, I was just taking about time travel in stories in general.

Harry Potter is the only time travel film that even comes close to being logically consistent, internally consistent, and is even compatible with modern understanding of what is possible within conservation of information, thermodynamics and quantum theory.

Those multiple people are retards and should be offed.

Movies try harder all the time the time travel theory is sound in azkaban and works with the plot and the BATSHIT wizard world

The treatment of time travel in the book and film works and it works especially well with Azkaban because there are other themes of divination, the past, prophecy etc.

Also calling it YA shit is just over the line slightly, its fiction and fantasy writing. There isn't like huge gap in terms of fantasy writing out there. And it terms of current shit like Mad Max Fury Road would be considering mature and hp not mature is kind of silly. It was as mature as it needed to be ie what the characters were.

If theres something wrong with having a story inherently focus on younger characters growing up for teenagers to read then thats fucked up, but the story has themes that all major works and classical tales run along with.

Point me to the major flaw in Primer, I don't know Harry Potter.

Yea multiverse stuff can get confusing

I agree thats why I fancy the film so much

I only ever said it "it isnt easy to understand" because they werrent getting it, otherwise I would have only just said it isnt hard to understand lol

Fuck time travel shit. It is a waste of time and energy to think about some crap that will never happen. The best time travel movie is Groundhog Day

t. absolute brainlet who doesnt get the closed loop shit or cant even come close to maybe getting Primer

I feel like you're all retarded or rusing, there's nothing about a closed loop that makes sense or makes more sense than what's seen in primer.

This explains it perfectly.

Harry Potter definitely fused the science fiction fantasy elements of time travel perfectly to confuse plebs

And no my young one, Harry Potter BRIEF closed loop makes just as much sense or more sense. It's just different theory going on and reality settings.

Reminder Hermione was extra cranky because she was aging extra on the same shit sleep schedule and her bday came possible 4 months-6 months eariler, ie she aged extra

Hermione was always an unlikeable cunt though; all the main characters were actually.
I would much rather have read a book about the exploits of the Weasley twins tbh.

that faggot jewtuber showed Primer and didn't choose it, making his credibility shit.

I agree with your points btw.

His degree is worth shit.

t. someone who didnt understand Hermione
She was a mudblood who discovered she could do magic, I would be learning as much as I could about that shit if I were in her shoes. But imagine having her shit sleep schedule with all the studying she does and then having to take extra classes while time travelling and aging, would be pretty tiring.

The main characters to me were much more normal and personable and likeable than they came off in the books. Harry was kind of so one note in the books even Radcliffe gave him some life and Hermione and Ron to me were kind of cute, they played off eachother well and in general the trio worked well

I know they are, that's a reason why I like the books and the films so much because its classic pulp mystery infused into a fantasy setting. So thanks for mentioning that. It is unique in that is it mystery-fantasy, you dont see that combo often with such worldbuilding.

Interesting point that no one ever brings up.

Only listened to 30 seconds but in general relativity the only time traveling you can do is to the future.

Thats why theory involving science fiction time traveling to the past doesnt make sense.

In general, time travel is possible, yet its relative and Interstellar doesnt really touch the implication IE MURPH WOULD BE FUCKIN DEADED

Basically you could time travel by traveling at an accelerated speed as opposed to being "still" on earth

you go into space traveling .5c for a year and back to earth another year at .5c

your body clock has aged 2 years about yet you could potentially arrive to earth where you know nobody because everyone you knew is long dead and its 100-200 years into the future.

Possibly The Skull by Philip K Dick

Yeah, but Marxists want to deny cause and effect because they believe in feelz > realz, so we get shit like this.

Hp time travel is sound, its a very specific form of time traveling, only briefly in a closed loop, it just so happens to sync up perfectly to the themes and everything harry is dealing with

The guy's point is that assuming time can be rewritten (like in Back to the Future) and is not set, it should be impossible to go worward in time to meet your future self, since by going forward in time, you have removed yourself from existing in the inbetween years.

That makes sense, but back to the future was never really about meeting your future self in fact coming into contact with any form of yourself is usually something you dont want to do

Back to the future is mainly about going to the past, then in part II they do go to the future and like you say shit can get fucked up because you can make alternate timelines and such

The example with the dog I'm not getting, the dog was sent into the future and brought back and his clock was different.

If you want to say that it should be impossible to go forward in time and meet your future self, that makes sense, because from my understanding there would only be one of you. And if there were any other yous they would be in alternate realities. Usually nobody wants to "go to the future and meet their future self" they usually want to go to the past and experience the past or go to the future to forgo experiencing the present and past

You could also apply that to past travel if time travel functions as a reversal of events until you reach your destination. Imagine trying to play a simulation backwards with a variable removed.

His degrees are worth shit only because they're just a bachelor's and a master's, he has no PhD which is what really matters.
A master's degree in theoretical physics can certainly get you a job if you pair it with the right fields, but he clearly wanted to do something directly involving physics which you really can't do on anything other than a doctorate.

The issue with Harry saving himself is that there needs to be something that saved him originally to allow himself to survive and then save himself. If they'd just had another character be hinted at having saved them originally and then not doing so the second time around it'd work out. Instead Harry saved himself because he saved himself, but there's no way for him to survive unless he saves himself and he can't do that on the first run because he never saved himself.

LEDDIT BTFO!!!!

No.

The only way the HP time travel would work is if there was plausible deniability as to who did what; that way the ontological paradox of a beginningless series of events would be entirely side-stepped as long as unitarity was maintained.

Harry Potter is shit. But Luna is cute.

Yeah, he's a stupid kid, but he actually has a point.

Outside of him riding the jewtube gravy train, why doesn't he get the PhD in physics?

He probably makes more money off of YouTube.
It's also rather hard to get a theoretical physics PhD, you don't study for a few extra years and just get it, it requires doing your own research and writing a doctoral dissertation on it.

>(((stock trader)))
t. literal jew

shit taste all around and a complete brainlet to boot, no wonder since you like that looney bitch

Want me to post my nose?

Baseless refutation and insults do not an argument make. Fuck, post-modernists are utter trash.

You didn't have an argument because you're dumb as shit and the first one to speak

>having an attention span this short

the fuck you mean

it's kids shit that turns into a YA series

thats why even most young adults cant even handle the politics shit right? yea dystopian shit is really kiddie. pro tip goblet of fire was rated r originally and so were deathly hallows they had to be cut.

i'm well aware of that, user. unlike most of these chucklefucks i get a kick out of looking up the production history of films.

also the young adults can't handle politics so they escape into libtard fantasies like potter as it creates a safe space for their undeveloped brains.

harry potter is kino