The Taste of Video Games

Hey Holla Forums are there any foods or edible things in games that you've always wanted to try, and wonder what they tasted like?

What would a health potion taste like? What does a dragon deathclaw egg taste like? ect.

Other urls found in this thread:

deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Chinese_Silver_Loaves_recipe
republicoftea.com/mate-tea-bags/c/mateteabags/
bastion.wikia.com/wiki/Spirits
youtu.be/VCxiP4blwmo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I wonder what everything in a dungeon tastes like

deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Chinese_Silver_Loaves_recipe
anyone tried it?

I've been hunting around for teabag mate after Peace Walker made a huge fucking deal out of mate tea, haven't had much luck so far though. Might be something I have to import.

saved since I plan to start cooking for myself a lot more soon.

I was going to say Yoshi's eggs, but I wonder more about what dragon meat or slime would taste like.

Mate doesn't come in teabags, it comes in herbs that you put in hot water to drink

I always imagine slimes would have the texture of fish oil but taste like whatever climate they're in

Dragon probably tastes like chicken. Now slime, that's something I want to eat. I bet it's got a gel-like texture and the taste depends on the type of slime.

I'm aware, traditionally it's served in those gourds with a filter-straw thingy. I remember reading about a teabag "variant" of it though and I figure that's a decent enough way of going about it. republicoftea.com/mate-tea-bags/c/mateteabags/

I'm also a total retard and a Google showed me I could get it pretty easily off the internet so maybe I should've checked there first instead of bumbling around stores.

Well shit. You learn something new every day I guess.

jap games have made we want to try authentic Japanese ramen, also Japanese curry.

Authentic ramen looks fucking amazing

Since they're eaten mainly by dwarves, it can't taste very pleasant, but the purple color is alluring, I want it to taste like a gummy bear

Who is she user?

I made bonk atomic punch once. You can try it if you want, let me see if I remember the recipe

Bonk - Atomic Punch flavor
1 bottle of sprite
10 black cherry warheads
1 can red bull
1 can cranberry red bull
1 can Nos energy drink
1 can monster (substitute another red bull for more consistent flavor)
Cherry koolaid mix
1/2 pint water
1 pint pineapple juice

Mix until warheads dissolve. Makes a bigass pitcher. Lasts for a long time if your pitcher is sealable.
Drink slowly.

WHY LIVE

My sister got curry mix from an asian market and made curry with it once, I can confirm it's really good.

Given that you can brew booze of them I must assume that purple helmets have a considerable sugar content. My assumption is that they taste a bit like shiitake but somehow "fruitier" and are somewhat mealy.

The "dwarwen wine" you produce from them must have a decidedly weird taste though. Probably somewhere between wild-fermented "saison" ales, regular old grape wine and worcestershire sauce.

That sounds completely disgusting, I should try it.

rip dreams

That sounds putrid user.

I want to try pretty much everything from Dragon's Crown. Look at this stuff, just look at it.

Ever since I played MGS3 for the first time I was super curious about Calorie Mates, actually. There is a Japanese supermarket/food court called Mitsuwa down in New Jersey that I went to once a long time ago with some friends. I bought a few of them and thought they were… pretty tasty.

Later on I found out they were meal replacement bars worth like 800 calories each and I had eaten 3 of them in a day. Whoops.

Other than that, dragon meat, griffon eggs, and plump helmets all come to mind.

Bastion has the distillery of drinks that don't sound that good l but I'd taste anyway.

bastion.wikia.com/wiki/Spirits

BEEF BOWL
E
E
F

B
O
W
L

user that sounds like it'd dissolve my teeth and give me a heart attack…saved

Is it wrong that this food is giving me an erection? Like, I want to fuck it with my mouth.

Prepare to be disappointed, it's nothing special and easy as fuck to cook yourself if you're capable of stir frying some meat and vegetables without burning your house down. Weebs just play up all nip foods like they're so fucking great. I've got a weeb friend who was stationed in japan, and now he's obsessed with shitty nip foods. He took me to a local nip restaurant for some "authentic yakisoba" which is basically drained ramen tossed with vegetables and meat, and he's sitting there making a scene and embarrassing me going "OH MY GAWWWWDDDD IT'S DELICIOUSSSSS, IT'S SOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!" (yes he talks like that, and yes he's a complete fucking faggot). It wasn't even that good, I cook way better shit than that.

You should be banned from the kitchen.

Welcome to Vanillaware games.

FKCU UYO

I want to try a sinner's sandwich even though it sounds like it would taste awful.

The si-

FUCK

A granite sandwich or basalt sandwich sounds good right about now

Beat me to it.

It does make me wonder.

What sounds so awful about it?
The cereal adds an interesting crunchy texture, the jam gives you sweetness, and you've got your ham to tie it all together.
It sounds weird, but not when you think about it.

Just watched multiple reviews of it.
Seems like its pretty good.

Ew, you're sounding very intrusive right now.

Their food isn't usually a flavour explosion but it's typically light with simple ingredients which is something I tend to prefer.

I like teriyaki udon fried with beef.

the cans of BOSS COFFEE in yakuza games always look good, they're real too and i mean canned coffee appears in animes as well but yakuza made me crave it

I thought it was turkey?
And I just can't get around the jam part. I guess if you use the right jam, it'd be good.

So he's making it how it would canonically taste?

The jam is the best part.
I bet you've never even put peanut butter on a burger before.

Nope. Am I missing out?

Sounds lime somebody never buttered his chocolate bun with ketchup.

Eyyy

Yeah, nuts and beef go well together.

Have you looked into importing the coffee? Maybe then you could drink boss coffee while having your character drink the coffee as well.

Have you never had something that was honey-cured? slathering sweet stuff on meat generally works pretty well.

I wonder if you ate an undead in dark souls they'd taste like beef jerky

Jesus fuck that is some seriously arousing food art.

considered it, theres like only one good canned coffee here in the states

but i won't be pleased till i have those anime coffee vending machines

Guess that's something else to try, then.

I've had honey cured stuff, but I've never really eaten much fruit with meat aside from pineapple and ham. Now that I think about it, I must be pretty bland.

Dude no, that's just rotten meat. Unless there's some heavy magic going on in which case it'd still probably taste like shit

I'd imagine a hollowing/hollowed undead would just taste like an old person.

CalorieMates, Bento Boxes, snakes, mutton, human flesh, bear meat, and deep sea fish

I came into this thread because I'm playing Yakuza 5 right now and every time I need to heal is fucking torment

Everything in these goddamn restaurants looks and sounds phenomenal, and it doesn't help that I'm already starving

Fuck I could go for some gyoza right now

I'm currently wondering what a bullet tastes like.

Heres your answer

When I was a kid I enjoyed Pez, even though they were just bars of sugar.

Apparently the zombie pigmen in Minecraft are already pre-cooked. Walking, shambling bacon ripe for the harvest.

I'd ask what Witcher potions taste like, but apparently they're too poisonous to drink if you aren't a Witcher yourself.

… what do you think a creeper tastes like?

This guy is a fuck head. Actual ramen is fucking delicious. The place they went to must have sucked shit.

Technically the image I have is just a mod being worked on, but I've wanted to try some of the stuff from elder scrools

tfw I'm allergic to shellfish and wouldn't be able to try most of the interesting stuff anyways

salty

Weeb pls go, he said it was exactly like the shit served in misawa.

But they drop gunpowder.

I recommend having it iced with lemon juice.

You know, there are people that are actually scotsmen. Go get some good ramen, fag, instead of judging it off one gay experience with your gay friend.

youtu.be/VCxiP4blwmo

so burned salty eggs

But I have had "good ramen", it just wasn't particularly impressive and I can personally do more with the same ingredients. I'm all about big flavor, and nip food is almost british in the blandness.

Probably tastes something cross between an energy drink and cough syrup.

You aren't wrong.

wow i had no idea heath shakes were so healthy!

If you were in TES universe you could try the food then just have a healing potion or healing spell after or even have your allergies cured.

Peanuts aren't actually nuts.

It's said that ingesting gunpowder can make one violent and irritable. Even so it's still toxic in large amounts so you wouldn't want to eat a creeper.

I DONT EVEN UNDERSTAND
WHY IS THE MEAT BORWN AND FUCKING DISGUSTING
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS

I'D PREFER TO STAY ALIVE, THANK YOU VERY MUCH

FUCKING WARHEADS!

is 4chan ded

Why would you want to eat a buttplug?

I've always wondered what the health bonuses in Doom taste like. No need to post the sperm bank comic

Dragon meat will probably taste like crocodile, if you ever had that
Slime would probably taste like dirt or dust suspended in tasteless goo, seeing that they would collect those constantly and have no incentive to develop any flavour on top of that

You approach the massive omelet…

and manage to take a slice!!!

[Back to the Tyrannian Plateau]

Culinary definition, this is a food thread you know.

Dota 2 runes always looked like candy to me, i want to eat an invisibility rune

If it's one from a modern Bethesda game, salty coins.

i went to a ramen place once and i was thrown back by how much better than shitty instant ramen it was. It was really really good in comparison. True it might be a simple dish and all if you know how to make it properly but im much too lazy. First pic related.

On that note. I really want to eat those huge dishes from monhun

I think there's a need now.

so that's how so many people get diabetes. I feel much better about drinking one can of mountain dew (45g sugar) per day now.

That looks pretty fucking tasty.

I always wanted to taste the food made in the cooking minigame in Suikoden 2.

Health Potions taste like that sweet carbocisteine syrup

Mana Potions taste like those ginseng energy drinks

All FallOut food tastes like shit

303g

No wonder Americans are so fat

nice stuff user
but where is the other houses food ?